Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,146 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (686740 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by aye88: 1:43pm On Jan 09, 2019
Lakomsy:
Guess this is online application. Did you input all the information yourself.

As I planned to start my application on Monday. Trying to decide which will be faster. Online or paper. I am 21 weeks already.

Thanks.

Someone has once said here before. She applied online. Filled in tourism as purpose of travel and indicated in her letter of explanation that she will also be using the visa for childbirth. You can also try it like this. From the last mail sent here, seem online application took about a month. So you can try online

That is not TRUE!!!

I just got my visa and for 4 years too! And in two weeks even!!
There are two options: you either specify it under purpose of visit and put OTHER and insert childbirth
Or if it’s an Online application to indicate it at point of entry. Most important thing is not to LIE

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by aye88: 1:47pm On Jan 09, 2019
[quote author=Obylo1 post=74594087]Thanks for responding, this is my third child and I intended to stop here though hubby feels we can still try for another. If I want to take a chance, should I be plain in the application that am going for childbirth or just vacation? If it doesn't come through early enough, can I use the vacation visa for childbirth if I decide to go have my next baby there or even this if I can walk around the fit to fly stuff? Pls response needed.

The timing of processing is unpredictable. But you are already 31 weeks, lets say its processed in 2 weeks, and you are asked to bring your passport the 3rd week. That makes it around 35 weeks and travelling at that time might depend on airlines. This is my hypothesis.

Alternatively, Why don't you give birth in Nija and prepare another for Canada after even na to do am sharp sharp. [/quote

If you have all your documents ready, why don't you just apply this week and keep your fingers gross. While you start making search for doctor and accomdation. If you apply this week. Let's assume they give you in 4weeks time at most. That's 35weeks pregnant. You can still travel. A lot of women in the US thread travel at 36weeks though I wouldn't do it though. And if you don't meet up with the time, you can always use the visa for childbirth some other time. Start gathering your documents now. Go to the website today, fill the questionnaire and see the checklist of documents you will be asked to submit. All the best.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Obylo1: 2:14pm On Jan 09, 2019
Thanks for d kind response. I guess I'll try. If am granted and it's too late, I may use it next time. I wish I put in d time wasted on d US visa here. It is well. But from experience, pls which could be faster, the online or Visa office application?

quote author=aye88 post=74596192][/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 2:22pm On Jan 09, 2019
I will still maintain my stand that if ppl take time to read this thread, everything has been covered and most times, google does the magic than waiting for someone to reply who u do not know if has the time to come. Yes I saw that someone said she will share but has the person shared? NO and that was why i suggested google.

When someone asked it before in some pages back, i also said google it and she/he came bk to say no info. I took my time ( which i would have ignored cuz e no concern me but i took the time i no get) nd just one search, the info was there nd i put it up here. The same thing with the someone looking for Canadian embassy email addy nd i said google nd she said she couldnt see anything. There again, i took out time to search which by the way was 1 search nd that was it.

My point is that there r basic info that google can solve for us sharp sharp than waiting for someone to respond which we do not know when. Let us start taking advantage of the resources nd using our data wisely nd not IG nd all (lol)

If we all say we r busy, preggy, no help, this thread will be dead but i believe with everyone shipping in important info, then we will forge ahead.

Talking about being busy, working,no help, most of us fall into it but yet we need to create time for things that matter to us. If I had that mindset, then this thread would probably have died long time ago.

Note: This is not an attack and I am not angry or picking on anyone.

Enjoy the rest of ur day nd see u in Canada with my crayfish ooo

[1quote author=Nonkala post=74589472]Aunt pls my response is not an attack.. someone wants to share and I said pls share not even for my sake. A lot of pple are novice here and r stl confused on how to start even if u read from beginning to d end u may not be really clear about ds. Some preggy pple re working and may not have helps, dr days re really tight, if am privileged to respond , I wl stl respond if I come around post not making d person feel like a lazy being or illiterate. I ve never asked about anyone’s contact for now. I ve found a way tru whatever I asked dt was not replied cos am not an illiterate.. sometimes u just neglect or respond in love.. what’s d big deal in giving d contact dn advising d person shd google..dt time u wld use and hurt someone’s mind dt d person shd read for on d beginning for a simple response, it’s as good as not responding.
Am new here and a lot of pple ve sent me mails, all I do is to tell u what I tnk I know and stl get back to u wen I get info..my response is not personal..tks all d same

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Obylo1: 3:01pm On Jan 09, 2019
Pls i have been surfing trying to get the required documents but I don't know the actual website to check. Can u pls help with that? If u also don't mind pls send me ur email so we can communicate privately. I really need a guide through this process as I running against time at d moment. Thanks in advance.

quote4596192][/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by gingalady: 3:13pm On Jan 09, 2019
Lakomsy:
Guess this is online application. Did you input all the information yourself.

As I planned to start my application on Monday. Trying to decide which will be faster. Online or paper. I am 21 weeks already.

Thanks.

Online is faster from my experience and I did it myself. Feel free to ask any questions

That is not TRUE!!!

There are two options: you either specify it under purpose of visit and put OTHER and insert childbirth
Or if it’s an Online application to indicate it at point of entry. Most important thing is not to LIE

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by gingalady: 3:15pm On Jan 09, 2019
Obylo1:
Pls i have been surfing trying to get the required documents but I don't know the actual website to check. Can u pls help with that? If u also don't mind pls send me ur email so we can communicate privately. I really need a guide through this process as I running against time at d moment. Thanks in advance.

quote4596192]

Here: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

Create a profile and begin the process

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by BabaOman(f): 3:28pm On Jan 09, 2019
Please, for the purpose of birthing, I don't have anyone to invite me. And I am expected to upload invitation letter. How can I do this please? Can I ignore it? Please Help.!!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Lakomsy: 4:50pm On Jan 09, 2019
BabaOman:
Please, for the purpose of birthing, I don't have anyone to invite me. And I am expected to upload invitation letter. How can I do this please? Can I ignore it? Please Help.!!

I don't think it's compulsory to get an invitation. From what I have read here, there are people who didn't have invite but still got VISA.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Lakomsy: 5:28pm On Jan 09, 2019
[quote author=gingalady post=74598605][/quote]

Thank you @gingalady

I have a few question which I haven't seen the answer from this thread.

1)I don't have the funds for the medical bill in one account. Should I provide all the statement of each account or move the money to one account

2)Can I put that my husband and I will be sponsoring the trip even though he might not be travelling with me.

3) If I have a lump sum transferred to my account will be an issue.

Any one with answer, please assist. Thank you.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Obylo1: 5:32pm On Jan 09, 2019
I tried using the link below and it gave me the two options below to create account of which I DNT know
which to use as the first all had payment links that all appear foreign.see attachment below and kindly advise which to use to create the profile. quoteingalady post=74598676]

Create a profile and begin the process [/quote]

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by agates: 7:53pm On Jan 09, 2019
rainazoe:
Thanks @agates

The VOA approval letter was emailed to me..I will pay for the visa at the point of entry
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by aye88: 8:44pm On Jan 09, 2019
Obylo1:
I tried using the link below and it gave me the two options below to create account of which I DNT know
which to use as the first all had payment links that all appear foreign.see attachment below and kindly advise which to use to create the profile. quoteingalady post=74598676]

Create a profile and begin the process

Use the second option. The Gckey one
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by gingalady: 5:11am On Jan 10, 2019
Lakomsy:

Thank you @gingalady

I have a few question which I haven't seen the answer from this thread.

1)I don't have the funds for the medical bill in one account. Should I provide all the statement of each account or move the money to one account

2)Can I put that my husband and I will be sponsoring the trip even though he might not be travelling with me.

3) If I have a lump sum transferred to my account will be an issue.

Any one with answer, please assist. Thank you.

Hello,
1) well I moved it to one account and printed that statement.
2)my husband was the main applicant, so he was the sponsor and I was listed as dependent and he is not travelling with me
3) I had a lump deposit too so I wrote a cover letter explaining the source of the funds

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Obylo1: 9:44am On Jan 10, 2019
Pls gingalady, can you send me an email. I really need to get some information from you which will not be swift on this platform. We can exchange numbers from there. Am not so good with this nairaland app. My email is obybright2003@gmail.com

Pls don't ignore. Thanks.

quoteor=gingalady post=74574835]

That is not TRUE!!!

[/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by rainazoe: 9:08pm On Jan 10, 2019
Thanks for the update @agates.I PMed you please

Did you have to get a return ticket for baby or you just added him/her to your ticket?

agates:

The VOA approval letter was emailed to me..I will pay for the visa at the point of entry
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Beautyaddy: 9:13pm On Jan 10, 2019
Very nice to see that this thread is back to life with Canadian visa approvals.

At least lifting the pressure and desperation off from the US visa for birthing.

Now the problem is that we are not reading Canada POE stories.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Perence: 9:42pm On Jan 10, 2019
purplerain1:
yes ooo

Oya come to the ozza room
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 10, 2019
Pls go and sit down,the USA forum is even worse,nobody will spoon feed you over there.if you don’t have the strength get someone to do it while you monitor them..nobody is gonna help you do anything here..just 88 pages you are here ranting
Nonkala:
Aunt pls my response is not an attack.. someone wants to share and I said pls share not even for my sake. A lot of pple are novice here and r stl confused on how to start even if u read from beginning to d end u may not be really clear about ds. Some preggy pple re working and may not have helps, dr days re really tight, if am privileged to respond , I wl stl respond if I come around post not making d person feel like a lazy being or illiterate. I ve never asked about anyone’s contact for now. I ve found a way tru whatever I asked dt was not replied cos am not an illiterate.. sometimes u just neglect or respond in love.. what’s d big deal in giving d contact dn advising d person shd google..dt time u wld use and hurt someone’s mind dt d person shd read for on d beginning for a simple response, it’s as good as not responding.
Am new here and a lot of pple ve sent me mails, all I do is to tell u what I tnk I know and stl get back to u wen I get info..my response is not personal..tks all d same

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 10:50pm On Jan 10, 2019
Lol! I was begining to even think I said anything wrong ooo..Shebi Hotstepper is not busy ni

Sparkle1515:
Pls go and sit down,the USA forum is even worse,nobody will spoon feed you over there.if you don’t have the strength get someone to do it while you monitor them..nobody is gonna help you do anything here..just 88 pages you are here ranting
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by agates: 2:19am On Jan 11, 2019
rainazoe:
Thanks for the update @agates.I PMed you please

Did you have to get a return ticket for baby or you just added him/her to your ticket?

It's just a one way ticket. That's what I sent
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by rainazoe: 2:42am On Jan 11, 2019
Many thanks. I appreciate your time.

agates:

It's just a one way ticket. That's what I sent
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by musspuss: 7:51pm On Jan 11, 2019
Hello all,

Thanks to everyone for all the helpful contributions to this thread. Please I'd like to ask if anyone has been successful with a Canada tourist visa after creating an express entry/PR profile? I am considering applying for a tourist visa but I had created an express entry profile a few months back although yet to get into the pool. I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thank you.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by mizGene(f): 6:48am On Jan 12, 2019
musspuss:
Hello all,

Thanks to everyone for all the helpful contributions to this thread. Please I'd like to ask if anyone has been successful with a Canada tourist visa after creating an express entry/PR profile? I am considering applying for a tourist visa but I had created an express entry profile a few months back although yet to get into the pool. I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thank you.

I don't think it will be a problem.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by gingalady: 5:40pm On Jan 13, 2019
[quote author=aye88 post=74596060][/quote]

Yes I imputed all information myself. Just read through it’s quiet straight forward
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nonkala: 6:45pm On Jan 13, 2019
Pls is ds a must cos I ve started d application and didn’t get any reference no
Thanks.
chikos:
Hello house, is it a must that one should generate reference number before proceeding with the application?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nonkala: 6:51pm On Jan 13, 2019
Pls who can put me tru ds , been having challenges for days downloading ds IMM forms. Only 5713 on family representative opens.
I downloaded d latest adobe acrobat DC, yet I stl get dos messages. very urgent cos ve already printed my stmts
Thanks.
Chayil18:
You can download the latest version of adobe reader.

Hello house, pls people that fill the forms themselves i need help on how to open the forms online. It keeps giving me error. To download adobe reader, after downloading it will give you the same msg again
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jossy404: 8:02pm On Jan 13, 2019
Download it and save it on your desktop first. Then from your desktop click open with Adobe reader.

It should open.

Nonkala:
Pls who can put me tru ds , been having challenges for days downloading ds IMM forms. Only 5713 on family representative opens.
I downloaded d latest adobe acrobat DC, yet I stl get dos messages. very urgent cos ve already printed my stmts
Thanks.

Hello house, pls people that fill the forms themselves i need help on how to open the forms online. It keeps giving me error. To download adobe reader, after downloading it will give you the same msg again
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Oleayo22(f): 1:31am On Jan 14, 2019
Oleayo22:
Hello everyone
Just to share with you few dev. about my missionary journey. Well am in canada now, i came in using klm using vanvouver as my port of entry and final destination alberta.
Thanks hotstepper for offering to help mam when I reached out to you.
POE was a breeze as I came with my hubby and son. Hubby was the one answering questions and thank God my toddler kept me busy as he just started to cry.
What I have noticed here is that its completely different. As ppl ahead have said, you need someone on ground to book appt with their family doc who will refer you.
Most of the gynaecologist I called were asking for referral from my family doc. I will inform you when I get a gynae to accept me.
Some also accepted to see me straight away. One asked for my previous c-section report i did in the US. Will have to fax that to him.
But you need to be here first. All the best everyone.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Oleayo22(f): 2:20am On Jan 14, 2019
[quote author=Oleayo22 post=74738696][/quote]
Hello everyone,
To continue from my last post, my family friend whom I stayed with in Edmonton had helped me to book an appointment with their family doctor who is a Nigerian.
I got on the 12th dec and I went in to him the next day.
He recommended a nigerian gynae but the fees he was quoting was above my budget about 10,0000Cad.
So I googled obstetrian in Edmonton and I started calling them bearing in mind their online reviews. Thank God I was able to get like 4 of them willing to accept me as I was already 36wks plus nearing 37wks.
I told them I am paying out of pocket and looking at repeat Csection. I went in to a Dr Amanda Kim in Edmonton but I wasn't comfortable abt her as she was not explicit with her fees, pls I don't recommend her, you can read her reviews online. She told me to deposit 5000Cad and its from there that she will pay the paed, anaestologist and remove her fees on my behalf though, she was wasn't clear how much.
I left and went for my next appt with Dr Thomas Gleason. I was comforble with their explanation and I was asked to deposit 3000Cad and its from there he will give anestologist and remove his fees. He also had fairly good reviews but the downside is that you will wait like 30mins to see him but get ready will spemd like 1hr with you.
Next he booked my Csection day with Misericordia Hospital in Edmonton and I spent 24hrs.
The gynae helped me by booking my procedure for 9am and I spent that whole day i.e. 2nd Jan and I was discharged 11pm 3rd Jan.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 3:05am On Jan 14, 2019
Hello Everyone! Happy New Year. I hope everyone is doing great.

I said I was going to clear up some things since it is becoming rampant with mums who come in to have their babies.

I know there are agents in Nigeria who are in this thread who get people from here as clients and there is nothing wrong with but but please try and paint a better picture.

Now my observation plus experience from mothers who came in nd reached out to me, thus why I decided to take out time to clear up issues. It is 8:45pm Eastern Time.

1.Make sure you can comfortably sponsor your childbirth trip.

2. Please Canada is NOT US. You can see my "NOT" is all in Capital. Please if you are not ready for Canada, stick to the US. They are 2 diff countries with 2 diff policies. While US is a Capitalist country, Canada is a Social Welfare State. Canada has free medical and US does not so Canada has a one -tier health care system. Drs here can do without international patients and be very fine.

3. Let no agent tell you that you can have a baby in Canada plus accomodation, omugwo, pick up nd drop off for 6000 CAD..7000 sef will not be enough.

4. If you are going with an agent in Nigeria who probably has not been to Canada ( most of them now add Canada to their plan cuz Canada is now hot for childbirth),make sure u know exactly what their services cover. Alot of things I did in 2018, I will not repeat it in 2019. If ur agent in Nigeria just collects ur money nd u come nd what u r told is not what u see,please manage it like that nd try and speak up so others will learn .

5. budeget atleast 1000/1500 for accomodation cuz it depends in the city u live in. Canada is very large so getting from point A to B is far. Toronto is like lagos, even if say u get a dr for 1500, ur accomodation might be the same price or more and that is if you see. I know someone who paid 80 dollars a day on Airbnb nd couldnt cope after 2 weeks then contacted me and I know how i tried to find acxomodation for her.

6. If you are aware you are preggy, please try and start yoir visa application on time. most people says they travelved at 36 weeks to the US plz dont try it for Canada unless it is really not ur fault cuz its war finding drs on a normal day then imagine at these stage of ur pregnancy.

7. If you are coming with kids,please most times do ot expect to be in 1 bedroom in somebody's house. Also have in mind thar even the no of people renting a place, determins the cost cuz landlord will factor light nd water bill and that is if you find as most people do not like taking people with little kida esp if he or sge lives in the house. Also, if you MIL, Mum or hubby will not be around,make sure u have arrangement for someobe who will look after the kids while u head to the hopsital. DO NOT DEPEND ON UR HOST U MAY OR MAY NOT KNOW. You cannot take the kids to the hospital with u because there are changes they will be taken away from u. Saying this cuz it almost happened to someone 3 or 4 months ago. I knoe someone that her hubby had to buy last min flight cuz of the condition of his family and had to lodge them in a hotel until they left canada so you can imagine

8. Do not be in a hurry to go and if you may,then u must start ur documentations on time, right away .

Enjoy ur week .

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Oleayo22(f): 4:28am On Jan 14, 2019
So far I have paid the following bills;
Hospital - 2062.50Cad per day for baby
3972.50Cad per day for me
Peaditrician- 320Cad ( 60Cad first visit, 200Cad comprehensive visit, 60Cad subsequent visit after 7days)
I will get gynae's fees and epidural when I go for 6weeks check up.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (167) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.