Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,431 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? (7248 Views)

Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites / ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities / Jambites: How Was Your JAMB-UTME Exam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by lobinoxebe(m): 8:28am On May 21, 2008
Most of my student were fine cause they studied hard, but you all know how nigeria exams dey be like, study plus expo === pass,

but itz all good sha and also the question type was not that wel arranged,
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by U1(m): 12:08pm On May 21, 2008
Most times in Nigeria, the result of an exam justifies how the exam was. So though i wrote well and hope to pass, like most people would say, 'NA WETIN DEM GIVE ME"

This is not the first time that am writing the UME, the 3rd time actually, Thanks to God i have not had a history of failing UME

To be candid, i think that banning the use of calculators in UME is not carefully thought through. Looking at the time frame which students need to use and the technicalities of the questions, it would be unfair for calculators to be banned. Honestly, most of the people who set these rules will not and can not be able to sovle a simple equation without using a calculator. I think that using a calculator or not can not amount to the true test of knowledge as i know to well that even with the calculator, WETIN YOU NO SABI, YOU NO SABI

Be cool guys and think about this

@ Mystics

Omo, I really felt what you wrote, and I admire your confidence to note that you have written the exam twice before, something most people wouldn't do.
Don't mind those old blokes who act as is if they know everything when they don't. Imagine telling a student who supposedly just completed high school (SSCE) with one and a half hour for Mathematics objectives in SSCE to face an even harder JAMB Mathematics without calculator, and under 45 minutes. It's just crazy! There were about 4 Maths question which I could have gotten right but for lack of time which made leave some of them uncompleted to the final answer (that's good, cheap 8 marks gone).
Also, there were shortage of some papers like Biology,Commerce,CRS and so on. I just hope on God to make things work out well again, since I've never failed the exam before.

PS: Did anyone here wrote the paper type on all papers done?
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by kingdong(m): 3:13pm On May 21, 2008
U1:

@ Mystics

PS: Did anyone here wrote the paper type on all papers done?

You do not need a calculator to get that right. While wishing you the best of results so you can move on, how did your English paper go?
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by holythug(m): 3:19pm On May 21, 2008
d maths was soooo cheap
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by Abbeycity4(f): 4:29pm On May 21, 2008
princesa:

they had to change my center on that day, so it was a little running around for me
same thing happned tp me too

@topic
wow mine is very okay before 40minutes to go am already through, the Center is okay sha
we thank God (hoping all will b well grin grin grin grin)
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by dee4ji(m): 6:53pm On May 21, 2008
the jamb exam was my best,i do expect 240 and above,although all i need is 252 but am so scared about my physics.anyway sha,may God help us jare[color=#990000][/color]
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by bricklayer(m): 8:25pm On May 21, 2008
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by Toonice(m): 10:08am On May 22, 2008
Just pray and trust in God that is all.
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 22, 2008
holythug:

d maths was soooo cheap

WHAT DO YOU MEAN? I "8" PEOPLE WHO COME HERE AND TALK SH_IT. HAVE YOU EVER ATTEMPTED JAMB MATHEMATICS AND FINNISH SAME UNDER 45 MINUTES?

MR GENIUS
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by plantation(m): 10:17pm On May 22, 2008
imagine a jamb invigilator(a lady) who had to sell the solved answers to them jambites.well that was just wat happend in my sister's center. Nija lowaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. kilo shele
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by U1(m): 10:03am On May 23, 2008
kingdong:

You do not need a calculator to get that right. While wishing you the best of results so you can move on, how did your English paper go?

Hey Kingdong! You know the reason why I asked was because the paper type was written after the Use of English only and not after others. That's what made me asked. About the Use of English, that one is one of my easiest subjects. Thank God for that.
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by U1(m): 10:05am On May 23, 2008
naijamark:

WHAT DO YOU MEAN? I "8" PEOPLE WHO COME HERE AND TALK SH_IT. HAVE YOU EVER ATTEMPTED JAMB MATHEMATICS AND FINNISH SAME UNDER 45 MINUTES?

MR GENIUS

No mind that bloke o, he was probably joking or thought it (Jamb Math) a joke.
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by holythug(m): 10:32am On May 23, 2008
naijamark:

MR GENIUS
@ least . . .i finished under 60min
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by saucekid(m): 9:05pm On May 23, 2008
hehehehe
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by leqe(m): 10:56pm On May 23, 2008
@holythug
Congrats
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by LearnBook: 11:12am On May 24, 2008
Good luck to all in their exams.
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by everchris(m): 3:21pm On May 24, 2008
My own jamb was somehow bad. To start with, i started 40 minutes late. Its not that i went late to the exam venue. No thanks to jamb, they couldnt find my question papper. I almost cried in the exam hall. The worse part of it was that they didnt give me extra time. From the way it went, i just pray that my result comes out at the end of the day.I think jamb was not well prepared for this exam. The whole thing was disorganized unlike last year. Many people said that this year's own was cheaper than last year's own, guys what do u think? Was this year's own cheaper? I cant say which one was cheaper untill the result comes out.I got over 200 last year.
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by IdeyVex1(m): 12:14am On May 25, 2008
JAMB Exams?
Mine was Okay oh! Just that the Invigilator did not allow me use my "mgbo".
I beef the woman sha but wetin man go do?
I hope to score at least 280. Me I wan do Engineer.
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by dyabman(m): 4:42pm On May 25, 2008
i dont know whats gonna happen to this years jamb, i pray i pass with ease, HEY MISTER MARKER GIVE URSELF BRAIN OOOOOOOOO,
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by lobinoxebe(m): 8:53am On May 26, 2008
Jamb to me its just a waste of time, i finished my secondary school 2003, after writting jamb like 2 times, i have to enrol to a partime school (poly) yaba tech, and with that am done now and working with my OND planning to further on with my HND sha,,

In case you all have problem with jamb, you can all contact me on my email

topojons@yahoo.com or yahoo messanger am always online, i know some peps in their office cos i have conection, i dont want to give my number here, just email me,
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by U1(m): 10:29am On May 26, 2008
holythug:

@ least . . .i finished under 60min

Holythug, one thing is to finish, another is to have good grades.
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by U1(m): 10:33am On May 26, 2008
everchris:

My own jamb was somehow bad. To start with, i started 40 minutes late. Its not that i went late to the exam venue. No thanks to jamb, they couldnt find my question papper. I almost cried in the exam hall. The worse part of it was that they didnt give me extra time. From the way it went, i just pray that my result comes out at the end of the day.I think jamb was not well prepared for this exam. The whole thing was disorganized unlike last year. Many people said that this year's own was cheaper than last year's own, guys what do u think? Was this year's own cheaper? I can't say which one was cheaper untill the result comes out.I got over 200 last year.

EverChris, no mind those who said it was cheaper, I guess they must be "mgbo, mgbo" people. My beef with JAMB was not allowing me to use my calculator, maybe if I'd used that I should be hoping for 7o something score. All the same, I did my best, the rest is in God's hands.
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by holythug(m): 10:36am On May 26, 2008
. . .since i was born i never failed . . .MATHS in particular, my lowest grade ever in it was a C5 so wat r u talkin about . . .now to talk about JAMB even wen i was writing i never failed it i was only denied admission . . .then
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by U1(m): 9:11am On May 27, 2008
Hey thug, I'm not hating though, just thought I should point that out. Either way, good luck and spread the love.
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by saucekid(m): 10:46am On May 27, 2008
JAMB!
nice name
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by baby4u2(f): 3:25am On May 28, 2008
I wish everyone that just wrote this jamb best of luck, cause my brother also had some problems that i pray will not yield negative results. I wish nigeria will just change for God's sake. Even when you get high scores, it doesnt even guaranty that you get into the university. Some people that even get the high scores they cheated their way to the top. We should all work together, the students and the cordinators. Cheating makes it only more difficult to access how hard JAMB really is. Many here are complaning of how hard the maths was without calculators, but some cheats are making it look like its easy because they have cheated their way to passing. I dont even really blame the cheats because as long as you have connections, you get a ridiculously low score you still get into school because of who you know.
Guys we need to fix these problem together. One suggestion i have in mind is that the Uni's should not be involved with the selection process. There should be a unique body incharge of selecting candidates who passed to the different schools they may have selected. The Uni can then choose their own candidates (limited to atleast 5%).
I feel pained, simple things like this have not changed. I really wanted to school in naija, but this their jamb foolishness did not allow me stay. I know many students if they had the money they would not even be schooling in nigeria.
Lets find a way for this JAMB to work for all of us, i believe there is a solution.
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by beautiquin(f): 2:47pm On May 30, 2008
HAVE YOU HEARD JAMB RESULT IS OUT.
ANYWAY SHA, I AM SOMEHOW SCARED BUT I KNOW I WILL SCORE MORE THAN 200.

THEY SAID ONLY 200000 PEOPLE WERE CHOSEN
AND THERE WAS NEGATIVE MARKING
THAT REALLY MAKES IT MORE SCARY

PLS AND PLS DONT PEE ON YOUR BODY AFTER CHECKING YOUR RESULT, INSTEAD, START PRAISING GOD

ANYWAY BEST OF LUCK AS YOU CHECK UR RESULT

AM BACK. BYE BYE cool kiss
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by wowen88: 3:56pm On May 30, 2008
Hi everyone, please i need help urgently, i scored below average in my ume examinations this year (186) please i need you all's advice on which school could i get admitted into this year, please i really need your help. you can reach me through (wowen88@yahoo.com) , or my phone number 08064985636. please do help me out
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by RiffRaff: 4:52pm On May 30, 2008
that guy wey tallk say he don day write jamb 5 times? why do u continue writing theexam by now if u had sign up to learn carpentary, tailoring, mechanic or cattle rearing u will probably be counting millions now.

senator if i had 4 milion dollars, a camry plus every other thing u listed why will i be writing jamb?

anywayz, i checked my result and i had 290!!!! i believe in miracles, do u? wink
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by eramate(m): 12:02pm On May 31, 2008
well as 4 me this year jamb was my 4th adn the simplest i ever sat 4 i pray it will be god only be comcerned with my govt and a little of my eng
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by nkirupass(f): 1:37pm On Jun 02, 2008
My JAMB exams was fine, thank you. grin

Honestly, the problem is not with JAMB but it is the university that determines if u will be admitted. Last year, I passed both JAMB and post UME, shocked but the admission was based on cash- and- carry. cry
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by tokjohn: 7:51pm On Jun 03, 2008
Hello,
I have written these year jamb(2008/2009), and i came out successfully but what i need now is my O/L result, i am going to sit for these year GCE(2008/2009) exams, and the result is going to come on February next year(2009). I want to know if these is going to affect my Admission into the University.

Thanks,

JOHN.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Imo, Anambra And Delta leads in students studying Engineering, Medicine and Law / Open Letter To IGP Over Plight Of Teachers In Police Schools By Joseph Anjorin / 3:49 CGPA, What Is The Way Forward Please? Your Advice Is Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.