Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,666 members, 7,809,516 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? - Travel (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? (441182 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany, How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by TashaStPatrik: 8:31am On Dec 06, 2021
Rickywowoz:
Hello my fellow nairalanders,i have seen threads like this for USA,UK,Australia etc bt none for germany..so my brothers and sisters over there pls come in and share how life in germany as a student looks like so that it will help aspiring students make their choice..

For your low cost flight bookings and affordable hotel accommodation. Check out our website.
Jevanys Touch cares..

https://jvts.com.ng/
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by klonboi: 10:19pm On Dec 18, 2021
Please can you link me to a reliable person in Germany that can fund a block account?
Basalt:

Lol, I am one year and three months in Germany and my own story is different.
Well, let me start by saying that we all have different ways of seeing things and we are all different.
I really love Germany. I have saved alot of money within my 1yr 3 months of being a student, I mean millions of naira.
Imagine what will happen if I stay for five years here. I see myself really making waves in Germany honestly.
If language is a barrier, then break it, also consider going into the IT field because they demand lesser German and there are more opportunities there too.
My number one priority after my studies is being a German citizen by either getting a professional job or by marriage.
Then after getting my German citizenship, even if I must leave Germany, then it must be in a country with a higher probability of making more money, maybe I can try the USA or Australia but not Canada. Canada is obviously poorer than Germany and their Economy is tied to oil which is declining now in value due to the recent global adoption of renewable energy. I also heard of the high rate of unemployment among educated people without Canadian experience to the extent that many Ph.D. holders drive Taxi to make money. There are many qualified individuals living there due to the express entry and whatever you think you think you know, there are thousands who know it better thereby making the competition higher especially if you don't have Canadian experience.
For me, it is one of the best countries if your aim is permanent residency because they give it faster than most countries, but if your aim is making lots of money, then America and Australia offers a better option.
The cost of living is also very high thereby making you earn to pay bills and save little, and the weather is very cold.

Not trying to discourage you but make sure you do your research very well before jumping from frying pan to fire, it's not easy anywhere and the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by klonboi: 10:21pm On Dec 18, 2021
ohswagz:
Hallo All. Pls, how do u guys send money from Germany to Nigeria....Like wat are/is the best available app/option..Vielen Dank im voraus.

Please where you able to get someone reliable that can possibly fund a block account?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Basalt(m): 11:19pm On Dec 18, 2021
klonboi:
Please can you link me to a reliable person in Germany that can fund a block account?

I don't understand.

You mean somebody that will fund €10334 for a total stranger on nairaland just like that?

Could you explain better what you mean.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by klonboi: 7:41am On Dec 19, 2021
Basalt:

I don't understand.

You mean somebody that will fund €10334 for a total stranger on nairaland just like that?

Could you explain better what you mean.
the equivalent would be paid here in Nigeria. I just need contact to discuss how to go about it. If you have any please help!
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Olayinka997(m): 12:29pm On Dec 24, 2021
Hello guys, please what are the advantages of having a drivers license before coming to Germany? I'm thinking about obtaining my drivers license before coming to Germany so I want to know if it's worth it or not. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by pseudonomer: 9:13pm On Dec 24, 2021
Olayinka997:
Hello guys, please what are the advantages of having a drivers license before coming to Germany? I'm thinking about obtaining my drivers license before coming to Germany so I want to know if it's worth it or not. Thanks

Do it, it will save you around 700€ when applying for your license.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Olayinka997(m): 9:29pm On Dec 24, 2021
Okay! thank you
pseudonomer:

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Greenerie(f): 4:02pm On Jan 14, 2022
[Good day Ham, please bro ,I have a unique nigerian dilemma here.i need advice please.
1.my international passport date of birth is different from my BSC certificate.will the embassy know,if I apply for master's degree.i wanted to apply for Germany and Norwegian schools but this stopped me.

2.And as a single lady,which is the best state, I can find numerous eligible bachelors? If i move to Germany.

quote author=Hadampson post=83633253]Abaasit4real
Xzbit91

This is the link

German student enquiries thread

Prost.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by FervorEsp(m): 4:32pm On Jan 14, 2022
Greenerie:
[Good day Ham, please bro ,I have a unique nigerian dilemma here.i need advice please.
1.my international passport date of birth is different from my BSC certificate.will the embassy know,if I apply for master's degree.i wanted to apply for Germany and Norwegian schools but this stopped me.

2.And as a single lady,which is the best state, I can find numerous eligible bachelors? If i move to Germany.

quote author=Hadampson post=83633253]Abaasit4real
Xzbit91

This is the link

German student enquiries thread

Prost.

1. A sworn affidavit will help your situation. Tell us hoa old you are Lol
2. If you are not more than 30 years i'm eligible. On a general note eligible are in all state. Berlin is cool.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Greenerie(f): 9:44pm On Jan 14, 2022
Lol. Please sir,give me more details on the sworn affidavit thingy.many people told me to go to naija immigration and correct it by getting a new passport.Wont the consulate catch me? Please I need knowledgeable and experienced Nigerians in Germany.

Thanks sir.

quote author=FervorEsp post=109367755]

2. If you are not more than 30 years i'm eligible. On a general note eligible are in all state. Berlin is cool. [/quote]
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by FervorEsp(m): 1:54am On Jan 15, 2022
Greenerie:
Lol. Please sir,give me more details on the sworn affidavit thingy.many people told me to go to naija immigration and correct it by getting a new passport.Wont the consulate catch me? Please I need knowledgeable and experienced Nigerians in Germany.

Thanks sir.

Its easy go to high court and sworn affidavit stating that the one on the passport is the correct one then get affidavit of age declaration and get npc as well. If your waec has discrapsncy too use ur neco cos neco has no d.o.b

quote author=FervorEsp post=109367755]

2. If you are not more than 30 years i'm eligible. On a general note eligible are in all state. Berlin is cool.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Greenerie(f): 11:52am On Jan 15, 2022
[Ok,thanks sir.to answer your past question.im 27.my official age is 20.Are you sir in Berlin?

quote author=FervorEsp post=109378462][/quote]
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by FervorEsp(m): 3:35pm On Jan 15, 2022
Greenerie:
[Ok,thanks sir.to answer your past question.im 27.my official age is 20.Are you sir in Berlin?

quote author=FervorEsp post=109378462]
you are welcome. No i am not in berlin
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Greenerie(f): 2:55pm On Jan 17, 2022
[please boss,I need more clarification.let me explain better. I got admission into University in year 2010.I graduated in 2015 on certificate,but it was actually later than that because of ASUU strike delays.served nysc in 2018.

Now according to my intl.passport, that means I was 10 years old when I entered university and 15 when I graduated.hahaha. cheesy

Please won't the consulate call immigration on me when I go for interview? Please I'm alarmed.Im really concerned.its giving me sleepless nights.

author=FervorEsp post=109393915] you are welcome. No i am not in berlin[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Greenerie(f): 3:07pm On Jan 17, 2022
[And among Berlin,Cologne,Munich, Frankfurt,which is the best,where I can get jobs easily?

quote author=FervorEsp post=109393915] you are welcome. No i am not in berlin[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by FervorEsp(m): 7:39pm On Jan 17, 2022
Greenerie:
[And among Berlin,Cologne,Munich, Frankfurt,which is the best,where I can get jobs easily?

quote author=FervorEsp post=109393915] you are welcome. No i am not in berlin

The above are big cities jobs are available
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by stephots10: 10:01pm On Jan 17, 2022
Greenerie:

quote author=FervorEsp post=109393915] you are welcome. No i am not in berlin

They are all big cities and Job is availble in all. Berlin is more free and open for English speaker, same as Munich. I haven't been to Frankfurt and Cologne but they re big as well
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by segzysexy(m): 9:56am On Jan 18, 2022
pseudonomer:

Hello! Please is this also applicable to people in Germany who have stayed for over 12 months?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by 4evaurs: 10:16pm On Jan 20, 2022
Hi guys,
Wishing everyone a stress free year.

Is there anyone here who is already living & studying with her child in Germany?
Perhaps anyone who knows of such individual?

A colleague needs advice with respect to raising a child while studying and working.

Responses here or via email will be highly appreciated.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by cosmos2000(m): 5:31am On Jan 31, 2022
I studied in Germany. Started from undergraduate school. I speak fluent German and know much about school and work in Germany. If you have any questions, be it about English or Deutsch in Germany, l would be glad to answer.

For a starter, University education is free.
Can I Dm.. Please leave your contact
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hushee(m): 5:33pm On Feb 04, 2022
Basalt:

Lol, I am one year and three months in Germany and my own story is different.
Well, let me start by saying that we all have different ways of seeing things and we are all different.
I really love Germany. I have saved alot of money within my 1yr 3 months of being a student, I mean millions of naira.
Imagine what will happen if I stay for five years here. I see myself really making waves in Germany honestly.
If language is a barrier, then break it, also consider going into the IT field because they demand lesser German and there are more opportunities there too.
My number one priority after my studies is being a German citizen by either getting a professional job or by marriage.
Then after getting my German citizenship, even if I must leave Germany, then it must be in a country with a higher probability of making more money, maybe I can try the USA or Australia but not Canada. Canada is obviously poorer than Germany and their Economy is tied to oil which is declining now in value due to the recent global adoption of renewable energy. I also heard of the high rate of unemployment among educated people without Canadian experience to the extent that many Ph.D. holders drive Taxi to make money. There are many qualified individuals living there due to the express entry and whatever you think you think you know, there are thousands who know it better thereby making the competition higher especially if you don't have Canadian experience.
For me, it is one of the best countries if your aim is permanent residency because they give it faster than most countries, but if your aim is making lots of money, then America and Australia offers a better option.
The cost of living is also very high thereby making you earn to pay bills and save little, and the weather is very cold.

Not trying to discourage you but make sure you do your research very well before jumping from frying pan to fire, it's not easy anywhere and the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know.

Hi bro, I'll like to dm you if you don't mind. I need to make some enquiry.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Okwyuk: 6:42pm On Feb 04, 2022
Please can HND Holder apply for masters in any university in Germany, tanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by seyipeters(m): 11:52am On Feb 05, 2022
Good day. Please something has been bothering me o and i wish if anyone in germany or planning to go can give me a heads up. Please how did you go about the blocked account of about 5million Naira. I mean how una take get and keep it for 12 months? Im not saying i cant borrow it but nobody will leave that amount with me for more than 3 onths considering they might want to use it too. So ive been wondering if theres a way to do it. Please help out..I want to go for masters in any IT related field as i hear thats the pot of money.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by LetsTravel: 3:42pm On Feb 05, 2022
Hey guys, i have a werkstudent in Berlin and I am looking for a lead in Berlin to getting a WG or studio. If you’ve got someone subletting of you have any leads at all please let me know. I really really need a place.

Also please Nigerian students living in Berlin, I’d like to be added to the group chat, if anyone is in there please quote this message so I can contact you.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by tswitch: 1:40am On Feb 07, 2022
Quick disclaimer I am not a student in Germany but I once lived in Germany.
Accommodation in Berlin is more difficult (competitive) than say Frankfurt, Stuggart oder Hamburg.
For Berlin - Wohnung, Zimmer or Studios Facebook Market place, Berlin focused Facebook groups are very helpful and you could give it a try.

Viel Glück!

LetsTravel:
Hey guys, i have a werkstudent in Berlin and I am looking for a lead in Berlin to getting a WG or studio. If you’ve got someone subletting of you have any leads at all please let me know. I really really need a place.

Also please Nigerian students living in Berlin, I’d like to be added to the group chat, if anyone is in there please quote this message so I can contact you.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Maranatha5(f): 1:09pm On Mar 03, 2022
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by MartOkoh1: 4:51pm On Mar 04, 2022
Hey guys.

Any one in Dresden or Saxony? I'm in TU Dresden.. Message me...let's hang out sometime.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by ProphetJeroboam: 3:19pm On Mar 13, 2022
stephots10:

They are all big cities and Job is availble in all. Berlin is more free and open for English speaker, same as Munich. I haven't been to Frankfurt and Cologne but they re big as well
Good day. Please, can I get some information from you concerning getting a bachelors degree in Germany, specifically in Medicine. Block account is not a problem, I just need information from somebody who is already there. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (118) (Reply)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / Travelling To Canada

Viewing this topic: kadreeG7(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.