Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,080 members, 7,811,021 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? - Travel (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? (441349 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany, How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by mayorgbasky(m): 7:10am On Jun 07, 2019
ladyb4sure:
Anyone interested to join Rhine-Waal University what'sapp group should send me pm.

Terms to join
You need to show evidence you applied to the school please.

Anyone currently schooling there with vital info to share can join us to help our ministry move forward grin

I am interested I have my AL for Mechatronic System Engineering already awaiting Appointment
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by pringles212(m): 8:05am On Jun 07, 2019
I would like to make an inquiry about Bayreuth and Bremen. Which is better in terms of student jobs and accommodation

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by pompido: 10:24am On Jun 07, 2019
Whitemagic:

Hadampson.. wish I could give u a ham. You've been really helpful. Pls can you give us more info on the building construction and architecture industry In Deutsche land? Wishing to pursue an M.tech in Architecture

Building construction and architecture is a very lucrative specialty here, the only clause is that you take your german language serious if you want job offers to be chasing you.

All my guys in this field are working now though their german language isn't that great but at least they can communicate (B1 level).

So pursue it!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by pompido: 10:27am On Jun 07, 2019
Whitemagic:

Boss could you help on the nature of the digital marketing industry?

Digital marketing will require your very solid knowledge of the German language.

I once met a lady who is a digital marketer and she speaks 5 languages fluently when me dey try learn 1 cry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Whitemagic: 11:30am On Jun 07, 2019
Hadampson:

Boss, i'm not in Germany presently but i think it's a good course (STEM) to study in Germany

If i come across any information about architecture and building construction industry in Germany, i would share it here and mention you smiley
Bless you

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Whitemagic: 11:33am On Jun 07, 2019
pompido:

Building construction and architecture is a very lucrative specialty here, the only clause is that you take your german language serious if you want job offers to be chasing you.

All my guys in this field are working now though their german language isn't that great but at least they can communicate (B1 level).

So pursue it!
Thanks pompi... this is my major field. I want to add advanced digital marketing (as per IT) as a skill before I travel
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Whitemagic: 11:34am On Jun 07, 2019
pompido:

Digital marketing will require your very solid knowledge of the German language.

I once met a lady who is a digital marketer and she speaks 5 languages fluently when me dey try learn 1 cry

5 lol. Interesting. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Whitemagic: 11:39am On Jun 07, 2019
Who can help us with general information about the city of Frankfurt am main for international students. If you are currently studying, working or aspiring to, would appreciate the info
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 11:55am On Jun 07, 2019
Whitemagic:

Bless you

And you boss
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 12:21pm On Jun 07, 2019
From Klexycole

For prospective applicants going to Germany.

If you wish to improve your Deutsche through listening, you can try German radio stations.

How can you do this? There are tons of online radios on Apple store and Playstore, but there's this music app that packs unbelievable features.

The name is BOOM (not boomplay please) and it's available on Playstore. The app comes with insane music equalizer, as well as complete 3D surround sound to help improve your audio output (headsets bring best result).

Another highlight of this audio app is the Online Radio feature. You can literally listen to radio stations from major countries of the World, with which Germany isn't an exception.

Just browse the German radio stations and listen away! You can choose the category you want, from sport to fashion, to entertainment and education, just to mention!

While some people have been learning through this route, some others don't know about it at all. So, it's a very good way to learn the language. You get familiar with the tonality, speech, e.t.c.

Lastly, I've tried it and it's amazing! So I thought of sharing. Apologies for the long epistle.

And mehn! Radio Hamburg is madasss! lipsrsealed smiley

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 12:24pm On Jun 07, 2019
From immafrank

I don’t really know much about Potsdam and how quick you can get a job there. Potsdam is just 35 minutes with the train from Berlin. Incase you don’t find a job in Potsdam, you can always work in Berlin.

But I know about Freiberg concerning scarcity of jobs if you don’t speak the language. I know of 2 guys that had to leave the city during breaks to go work in another city. The language is important in smaller cities even if its B1. You can always look for jobs in different cities through jobruf.de. The minimum wage in Germany is 9.25 per hour but you can earn more in bigger cities. Also the working hours depends on your employer. Normally the auslanderberhorde gives you a work permit and it is stated on the work permit that you can work for 20 hours a week and 40 hours during holidays. But the employer can decide to increase your working hours which means you earn more than the normal 450-500 without getting taxed (like I said it depends on the employer). But this also varies from city to city and the kind of jobs you working.

The language is also important if you are going to eastern Germany, I’m not saying it’s not important in other parts of Germany too. My guy is Dresden (east Germany) said they don’t like black people and it’s hard to get a job if you don’t speak German. Though I already know of eastern Germany concerning their dislike for foreigners especially people with black skin.

That one no mean say make you Dey discouraged cuz the school wey you Dey apply to Dey eastern Germany. I mean even in Nigeria, we hate ourselves.

Lastly, always use google chrome if you wanna enter a German website, there is option for English translation, for example, a university website might have the important information only in German, some of them don’t have the important information in English and some sites here are always in German but with Google chrome, it will help you translate the page.

Bless up!!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by jmanity: 3:03pm On Jun 07, 2019
TLSB:
https:///FGoS0Rmu2MA3n5X16MSDGZ
That is the WhatsApp link

The link is not opening.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Alphaman007: 3:33pm On Jun 07, 2019
Hadampson:

Boss, i'm not in Germany presently but i think it's a good course (STEM) to study in Germany

If i come across any information about architecture and building construction industry in Germany, i would share it here and mention you smiley
boss what about MSc psychology?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Godsgracee: 1:52am On Jun 09, 2019
Good day all, Please, I would like to know how best to go about accommodation issue in Munich. I applied for accommodation through studentenwerk but was placed on waiting list. I intend to stay in meininger hotel for a short time until I find my bearing.
Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Amuocha: 7:07am On Jun 09, 2019
[quote author=Hadampson post=79101342][/quote]

Try Bayern 1...die beste muzik fur Bayern kiss

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 9:06am On Jun 09, 2019
Amuocha:

Try Bayern 1...die beste muzik fur Bayern kiss

Noted boss smiley

I will change the channel today.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Whitemagic: 12:27pm On Jun 09, 2019
fieryy:

Meine*

Da. ich. ein. netter. Mensch. bin und. du. sehr. daran. interessiert. bist., die. Sprache. zu. lernen, mache. ich. natürlich. gern. eine. Ausnahme.

Wie. wär's. mit. 9€. pro. Stunde.? 19 ct. weniger. als. der. Mindestlohn? grin

Spaß grin

I'm not sure if I can be the teacher you need. I find it very difficult explaining the rules behind certain things, since the language came naturally to me. Being a kid when we came, I just picked it up like kids pick up the language spoken around them.

I can try to explain.....I'm just saying don't expect much
Wow!
Can u kindly open a WhatsApp German group class you teach at your own spare time? Preferably lock the group so you have sole right to post ...reduce less noise...lol...kindly consider
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Whitemagic: 1:25pm On Jun 09, 2019
Hadampson:

Nde ewo
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Whitemagic: 2:00pm On Jun 09, 2019
Hadampson:

Kenechill, please sir, i want you to read and digest this write-up. Although its an old post but you will surely learn one or two things there.

In summary, lower your expectations, even if na heaven you dey go.
As a student if one can consistently save 500€/month after all expenses during the course of obtaining a degree. that's like the game plan. I don't know how I'd go on to achieve that though.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 09, 2019
Whitemagic:

Wow!
Can u kindly open a WhatsApp German group class you teach at your own spare time? Preferably lock the group so you have sole right to post ...reduce less noise...lol...kindly consider

deutschlernerblog.de

levrai.de

grammatikdeutsch.de

are links to websites where you REALLY learn German. I'm sorry I don't really have the time to teach it and neither am I good teacher. Ask Hadampson lol grin

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Whitemagic: 2:37pm On Jun 09, 2019
sassy92:
Thanks a lot Hadampson
They say a good man learns from his mistakes but a wise man learns from the mistakes of others. I wanted to apply for winter 2019 but after reading this thread and the student visa thread thoroughly I understood that if you want to succeed in DE, you have to plan thoroughly. So now I've pushed back my application to summer 2020 so I can write at least A2 here in Naija. It seems so far away but I know it'll surely be worth it.
My advice to my fellow aspirants: Patience is a virtue and knowledge is power.

Same..considering pushing mine back too. Which specific pages numbers did you read from the students thread? What school(s) are you applying to?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 2:41pm On Jun 09, 2019
Whitemagic:

Nde ewo

Meaning please smiley
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 2:42pm On Jun 09, 2019
Whitemagic:

As a student if one can consistently save 500€/month after all expenses during the course of obtaining a degree. that's like the game plan. I don't know how I'd go on to achieve that though.

€500 per month AFTER all expenses shocked

Not possible as a student
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 2:44pm On Jun 09, 2019
fieryy:

deutschlernerblog.de

levrai.de

grammatikdeutsch.de

are links to websites where you REALLY learn German. I'm sorry I don't really have the time to teach it and neither am I good teacher. Ask Hadampson lol grin

Meine Lehrerin war hier grin
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Sheba68: 3:49pm On Jun 09, 2019
Hello, I applied for studying in Berlin, madberg( I don't know if I type it right) and Jena. Which one is better in terms of studying, school sports, job, less racism etc. Thank you
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Troy365: 6:05pm On Jun 09, 2019
in my opinion, Berlin should be best as it's very diverse. tho I have not been to other places mentioned.
Sheba68:
Hello, I applied for studying in Berlin, madberg( I don't know if I type it right) and Jena. Which one is better in terms of studying, school sports, job, less racism etc. Thank you
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by sassy92(f): 9:36am On Jun 10, 2019
Read Part 4 and 5 of the german student thread. honestly, from what i've been hearing, i'd advice everyone to learn german (and get the zertifikat from goethe institute) before going over to DE, even it means pushing back your application. but Nigerians in general are not patient people plus we no dey hear word grin grin grin

Whitemagic:

Same..considering pushing mine back too. Which specific pages numbers did you read from the students thread? What school(s) are you applying to?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Obeche1: 1:11pm On Jun 10, 2019
Hi guys i have been given admission in pederborn University for my masters in applied neurosciences in sports and exercise i need heads up on how to approach the interview because mine is for August.Also am looking forward to having Nigerians contact who are students in Germany and pederborn to be precise so i can get firsthand information.please here is my number 08169707418 God please you guys richly .
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by dobeespen: 7:45pm On Jun 10, 2019
Goodness it is possible oh. It is possible to save 500 every month after your expenses DEPENDING on the TYPE of job you have and how MUCH you're earning. Workers in big cities like Munich make between 10-12/hour working. Amazon alone pays 12.12 and they're always looking for people, and you can work up to 40 hours during the semester break.

It may be uncommon but it's certainly not UNDOABLE.

Hadampson:

€500 per month AFTER all expenses shocked

Not possible as a student

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 9:23pm On Jun 10, 2019
dobeespen:
Goodness it is possible oh. It is possible to save 500 every month after your expenses DEPENDING on the TYPE of job you have and how MUCH you're earning. Workers in big cities like Munich make between 10-12/hour working. Amazon alone pays 12.12 and they're always looking for people, and you can work up to 40 hours during the semester break.

It may be uncommon but it's certainly not UNDOABLE.

Wow..This is very enlightening... Thank you very much ma'am smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (118) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.