Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? (441264 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany, How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 9:25pm On Jun 10, 2019
Useful tips from Janette

Just a tip for others who want to combine two Jobs. Working two 450 euro jobs will get you taxed but there's a kind of Job called kurzfristig Beschäftigung(hope I don't get banned). Basically you are allowed to work for 3 months in a year. That's approximately 70 days in a year. You won't do the job everyday though. Now combining this job with a 450 euro job won't get you taxed according to the law!!. This kind of Job let you earn more than 450 euro.

In Frankfurt you could earn up to 800 euros without getting taxed as a student, now imagine combining that with a 450 euro job without getting taxed...

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 9:31pm On Jun 10, 2019
From happystep

I know many of you will not be interested in this. However for the very few who may listen and note these:

Beware of the Nigerians who would first brag about their 30 years stay in Germany the very first meeting with them. If you rely on such people and they turn out to be "the more you look the less you see" sorry for you. I will advise you don't mingle much with Nigerians who are not students if you are coming to Berlin. Unless you know exact profile of the individuals.

If you are coming to Berlin/Potsdam double what so ever is your initial budget for accommodation, unless you have secured students hostel accommodation from your school. In case you face Emergency on arrival as some do, there are hotels that keep hostel accommodation for tourists at a rate of €12-€16 per night, depends on number of persons in a room. Some of them may insist on card payment against cash. So better book it before your arrival. Avoid taxis as much as you can unless you are well loaded. Google is your friend in finding any location or movement plan. If any address of potential accommodation is not on Google map just don't bother going any where. There are scammers here especially in House matters, don't pay before seeing the house. I know this one maybe a challenge for people who would like to secure their accommodation before arrival but some Indian in my department paid €750 for an accommodation only to arrive and the supposed flat mate did not show up at the airport as agreed nor called on the phone. However there are still genuine deals on some sites and Berlin accommodation groups on Facebook. Just use your head well.

your dressing matters. Please your dressing matters. You may not like to be grouped as a refugee when you are not. I mean not to say you should buy expensive wears because most Germans don't even wear such nor change clothing daily. Rather you should wear your OK or St Michael in a modest way as defined by your new society. Brightly flowered clothes is not a good idea especially for a man, don't ask me why. In case you are told by more than one your clothes is fine or beautiful check that again.

If I am a good learner, I would advice you find where to source things cheaper like the flea markets, if indeed you don't have much money to spend around at the Malls, only that they don't come with return policy, purely cash and carry no insurance nor guarantee. I have bought a new set of Ceramics 6 mugs at €2 while the same size goes at €4.50 each at the Mall. Even at the flea market don't buy used things. I see no good point in doing so since you can pick them freely on some streets.

Above all things my people learn to speak on the phone without shouting, even when you are alone or in public place.
Tschuss

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 9:56pm On Jun 10, 2019
Bloodeagle:
Hamm-lipstadt university of Applied science.... Who knows anything about the city lippstadt?
Jobs, life etc.

@hadampson do your thing

Boss, the only thing i know is that it is one of the cities located in NRW but i will try and ask someone maybe she might know about the city.

My ogas at the top, please your attention is highly needed

Janette
Fiery
DeutschJunge
dobeespen
dolpaz
Femo86
Berliner
IAmPhiL
Willy2000
Pompido
Eke40seven
Obiwannn
Ottersberger
Hadassake
SoCute
Berliner1
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by dgee1(m): 2:13am On Jun 11, 2019
Admission about to drop but I do not have the means to block that sum. I badly need a SL.

I cant afford to forfeit this year again. Please and please anyone who could help me. Abeg.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Obeche1: 6:17am On Jun 11, 2019
I studied in Germany. Started from undergraduate school. I speak fluent German and know much about school and work in Germany. If you have any questions, be it about English or Deutsch in Germany, l would be glad to answer.

For a starter, University education is free.
hi so i just got admitted in University of pederborn for my msc my interview in the German embassy is in August I want to know what and what i need and things to get prepared for the big day.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by sassy92(f): 7:50am On Jun 11, 2019
Please don't ask for SL on the internet!!! If you follow me the student thread you'll know that you can get scammed.

dgee1:
Admission about to drop but I do not have the means to block that sum. I badly need a SL.

I cant afford to forfeit this year again. Please and please anyone who could help me. Abeg.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by sassy92(f): 7:51am On Jun 11, 2019
Go to the German student thread you'll see transcripts of people that have done interviews.

Obeche1:
hi so i just got admitted in University of pederborn for my msc my interview in the German embassy is in August I want to know what and what i need and things to get prepared for the big day.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Whitemagic: 11:25am On Jun 12, 2019
Hadampson:

Meaning please smiley
Welldone

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Whitemagic: 11:28am On Jun 12, 2019
Obeche1:
German student thread (part 1) read from page 4.6.0 - 4.6.3. Those 3 pages is enough to get you 70% through. I will send you a PM

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Obeche1: 11:35am On Jun 12, 2019
Whitemagic:

German student thread (part 1) read from page 4.6.0 - 4.6.3. Those 3 pages is enough to get you 70% through. I will send you a PM
Thanks for the info really appreciate
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Oene03: 4:06pm On Jun 12, 2019
Link still not opening..can u drop ur number?
Blonde77:
Hi all,,, i made a mistake while copying the link,,, here is the correct link

https:///LfNQyNrBm5yAePYqUu6GKc

University of Koblenz and Landau... Koblenz campus

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Whitemagic: 10:29am On Jun 13, 2019
Whitemagic:
Who can help us with general information about the city of Frankfurt am main for international students. If you are currently studying, working or aspiring to, would appreciate the info
@hadampson kiss
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by mayorgbasky(m): 2:55pm On Jun 13, 2019
My Good People,

Please do we have someone in FHWS Wurzburg in the house who can assist to submit our acceptance Declearation.

Please God bless you all
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Basalt(m): 7:25pm On Jun 13, 2019
Whitemagic:

Love this guy

Thanks bro
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Basalt(m): 7:26pm On Jun 13, 2019
What's popping guys?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by HighPriest0(m): 10:49am On Jun 14, 2019
What's up guys.... This place seems quiet... Let's get it popping....
Who's in Hamm-lipstadt?
I know it is located in the state of North Rhein Westphalia. but what region is it located?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 10:54am On Jun 14, 2019
HighPriest0:
What's up guys....
This place seems quiet...
Let's get it popping....

Who's in Hamm-lipstadt?

I know it is located in the state of North Rhein Westphalia.
but what region is it located?

Arnsberg smiley
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 11:01am On Jun 14, 2019
Whitemagic:

@hadampson kiss

From ejighikepat

Germany has opened its first electrified highway for trucks near Frankfurt as part of the country's plans to reduce carbon and nitrogen oxides emissions. ... A system developed by Siemens will enable trucks to draw electricity from overhead cables on the eHighway.

If you know how to leave this country (Niaja) via legit my dear try as much as possible because the western world is getting more interesting. Africans has not less than 10 centuries to see the light

We no see light charge phone na to see light drive trucks !!! Shoooo! No be play be this oo..!

2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 11:30am On Jun 14, 2019
Arizona263

You might wanna learn German then, even before you get the so called students job that you really need, you must know German, so why not just learn the German and apply with it, when searching for schools you should change the language to English and German, there you can find more universities which starts with English language as the sole language of teaching and later in the third or fourth semester switches over to full German, before this period you must have learnt more German in their free German classes, but first, you are required to study German till B1 or atleast A2 before you can apply in those schools. I personally find German not to be that easy to learn but we can't just keep avoiding it, our survival here kinda depends on it, unless you just want to end up washing plates or doing students menial jobs that doesn't require much contact with customers which makes you speak German less, but guy, just learn the language, simple!! am in Rhein Waal and guyz here that never learnt the language are now finding it hard here, to even get into their free German classes here is very difficult, its on first apply bases, the classes are always filled up, even me that learnt till B1 in Goethe Institut, to understand their German when they speak it here na still wahala, do yourself some good and learn that German in Nigeria. Life here is not just inside the classroom where professor's speak only english, life here starts outside the classroom, outside the school environment where you have so much to say but you are just there looking and mopping at the person as if you are on mannequin challenge, let's start learning some Germans my Nigerian friends. Shalom.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Codedboy95(m): 4:07pm On Jun 14, 2019
Hi guys, I'm new on this thread. I finished schooling this year in a federal University, I studied an agric related course but I have been a programmer/ web developer for 6 years now, currently I work with a fintech company and I also make money from freelancing. I learnt that IT is the thing in Germany now and I am thinking of schooling (starting afresh in an IT related field) while working there. how possible will this be ? I'm sorry I haven't gone through the whole thread yet, I just want to be sure what my chances are before going to read everything.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Godsgracee: 1:49am On Jun 15, 2019
Please, I’m in need of accommodation in Munich, I’ve been staying in a hotel (shared apartment) and it’s costing me lots of money. I was told I can’t do a city registration, opening a bank account without having an accommodation.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Kenechill: 7:22am On Jun 15, 2019
dobeespen:
Goodness it is possible oh. It is possible to save 500 every month after your expenses DEPENDING on the TYPE of job you have and how MUCH you're earning. Workers in big cities like Munich make between 10-12/hour working. Amazon alone pays 12.12 and they're always looking for people, and you can work up to 40 hours during the semester break.

It may be uncommon but it's certainly not UNDOABLE.

I was very shocked when I saw that too. Ordinary 500? Lol people are making a thousand and even more monthly.
Lol
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 15, 2019
hi ALL

Trust everyone is doing fine....

please I just got admitted into TU DORTMUND and I will be resuming by September..

I am in dire need of cheap accommodation as student dorm are not presently available due to queues...

Pls if you know anyone that's in DORTMUND or can be of help...pls come to my aid...

Thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Larrydogged07: 9:32am On Jun 15, 2019
Please how is Magdeburg in terms of jobs? Please anyone there that can give me more info?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 11:52am On Jun 15, 2019
Randy91:
hi ALL

Trust everyone is doing fine....

please I just got admitted into TU DORTMUND and I will be resuming by September..

I am in dire need of cheap accommodation as student dorm are not presently available due to queues...

Pls if you know anyone that's in DORTMUND or can be of help...pls come to my aid...

Thanks

Mrsinvisible to the rescue grin
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 15, 2019
Hadampson:

Mrsinvisible to the rescue grin

Mrsinvisible pls help a brother ooo
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by RealPower77: 12:58pm On Jun 15, 2019
I just got admitted to BU Weimar, please I need information about the town, the environment, job opportunities and Co. Someone with info please, thanks.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Dahyormine(m): 9:57pm On Jun 16, 2019
Codedboy95:
Hi guys, I'm new on this thread. I finished schooling this year in a federal University, I studied an agric related course but I have been a programmer/ web developer for 6 years now, currently I make money from freelancing. I learnt that IT is the thing in Germany now and I am thinking of schooling (starting afresh in an IT related field) while working there. how possible will this be ? I'm sorry I haven't gone through the whole thread yet, I just want to be sure what my chances are before going to read everything.
With your completed B.Sc. degree, you can start afresh in an IT related courses. its very possible.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Godsgracee: 10:51pm On Jun 16, 2019
Please, are there Nigerians or Nigeria student in Munich? If you know any kindly connect me with them. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by karlswizzy(m): 10:58am On Jun 17, 2019
karlswizzy:
Please guys how accessible and lucrative is the construction Industry in Deutschland I studied quantity surveying here in Nigeria and I'm eyeing Germany for my MSc (construction management). Danke!

Oboy guys the first two semesters of the course hold in Finland oo. Which kind wahala be this. Please is there anyone here who can relate to this situation. I'd appreciate some advice please. The school's name is Horshule fur technik und wirshaft Berlin
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Raheembisi: 1:27pm On Jun 17, 2019
Hello,
Please i applied for studierendenwerk apartment in the city i got admitted to. But i don't know if all the rent is to be paid at once or monthly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (118) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Travelling To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.