Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... (13011 Views)

EXCLUSIVE: Tension In Aso Rock Only 3 Ministers Have Access To President Buhari / 5 Reasons The SE Will Survive The Decline In Oil Price. / Wike Promise SS And SE Will Leave Nigeria If...(pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by kettykin: 7:14am On Jul 08, 2013
ilugunboy:

You are confused ...who is stopping you? I think those stopping you will only be located among your elites having their best of time in Abuja...definitely not Yorubas on NL ( forget the brick bat) nor any average one on the street...truth is Igbos leaving will be a classic case of good riddance...

Former president, Olusegun Obasanjo, on Saturday admonished Nigerians to continue to work for the unity and progress of the country, reaffirming that Nigeria’s unity as a nation is not negotiable.

According to him, political tolerance and religious harmony are needed to forge a stronger and harmonious nation, urging politicians to close ranks and build a virile country that will be the pride of every Nigerian.

Obasanjo made the remarks in Owerri, the Imo State capital, during the wedding ceremony of the first daughter of Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo at the Holy Cross Catholic Church, Aladinma, Owerri.

“Let our politics have harmony, humanity, acceptance of each other’s worth as Nigerians, so that we can co-exist harmoniously irrespective of our religious, political or ethnic backgrounds,” said the Ota farmer who ruled Nigeria for over 11 years.

I’ll Defend Nigeria With My Last Blood – Obasanjo
http://news.naij.com/26434.html
I’ll defend Nigeria with my last blood – Obasanjo
http://www.osundefender.org/?p=95106

This is a Loafer who could not even defend his tribe/him self with the last drop of his blood during Abacha's rule when he was death roll and did not even for a second open his mouth to fight Abacha coming out 15 years after Abachas was gone talking about defending Nigeria with the last drop of his Hypocritical blood.

6 Likes

Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by ckkris: 7:28am On Jul 08, 2013
Between Obasanjo and Babangida, who is the most unreliable? Shouldn't this be a good thread?
Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 08, 2013
ckkris: Does Clark own any oil well?
The oil wells belong to Summit(Abiola), Honeywell(Folawiyo), and their Arewa co-conquerors. Soon brilliant kids in history classes will laugh and laugh.

Yeah because there is still a sensible government in place checking their excesses. Wait till when crisis breaks out and see what will happen. How many old eastern minorities now and then support biafra ?

If the whole idea was/is about accessiblity to the sea,ojuku shouldn't have denied the military government of control of the oil facilities in the defunct eastern region to his own advantage and use the proceed to fund the civil war !

@OP claimed Switzerland,Austria and Luxembourg have no access to the sea,why can't ibos also survive like that without shoving their assses into ND resources ?

1 Like

Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 08, 2013
NO ONE IS STOPPING THE IGBOS FROM SUCCEEDING. TO BE HONEST THE IGBOS HAVE ONLY RUINED NIGERIA SINCE THE BEGINNING OF NIGERIA. I ADVISE THE IGBOS TO SUCCEED IF THEY WANT TO. AND TO THE YORUBAS I ADVISE THOSE OF YOU THAT ARE ST.UPIDLY SCARED TO STOP BEING SCARED THAT IF THE IGBOS LEAVE YOU WONT BE ABLE TO LIVE(they are simply doing that so that whenever Nigeria disintegrates we will not be able to do anything on own and will eventually need their help or lose). IF NIGERIA EVER BREAKS UP I ADVISE FELLOW YORUBAS NOT TO BE WITH THE ABOKIS BECAUSE THOSE VIOLENT TERRORISTS WILL SIMPLY COMMIT GENOCIDE ON OUR TRIBE TO OWN THE BEAUTIFUL AND BLESSED WEST(we all know they have nothing). LAST, KUDOS TO THE IGBOS FOR BEING WISE AND THINKING AHEAD INCASE THERE IS ANY NEED FOR EVERYONE TO GO THEIR SEPARATE WAYS(Yorubas need to be wise and do the same). IF TOMORROW THE IGBOS WANT TO SUCCEED WITH THEIR IJAW, ITSEKIRI, IKOM, KALABARI,OKRIKA, OGONI, AND IBIBIO BROTHERS I ADVISE THEM ALL TO BE TOGETHER BECAUSE YORUBAS WILL NOT LIKE TO HAVE RELATIVES OF IGBOS WITH THEM. LAST, I WILL LIKE TO ADD THAT IF EVERYONE GOES THEIR SEPARATE WAYS THE IGBOS WILL BE RUINED PERMANENTLY BECAUSE THEY ARE VERY CORRUPT.AND WHILE THEY ARE RUINED THE YORUBAS WILL STAND OUT AS A RESULT OF THEIR CONTENTMENT, LEVEL OF EDUCATION, AND THEIR BEING INDUSTRIOUS PEOPLE(the Igbos aint all that when it comes to being industrious and that is the truth). SO GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE AND I HOPE NO MATTER WHAT THAT HAPPENS TOMORROW WE ALL MAKE AFRICA/THE WORLD PROUD OF OUR DECISIONS.
Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by LondonX: 7:52am On Jul 08, 2013
^^^The Itsekiris don't have anything in common with both Igbo's and Ijaws. wink
Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by LondonX: 7:55am On Jul 08, 2013
It's good to see the youths planning ahead for the inevitable disintegration of Nigeria.

Good luck to everyone, including the Igbo's.

We need to re-draw the map and save Africans from the generational curse of artificial borders imposed by the colonialists.

Shalom!!

3 Likes

Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 08, 2013
babe_online:
The Igbos are thiefs. OJukwu only wanted them to succeed then BECAUSE OF THE OIL THE IJAWS HAVE/HAD.

Biafra is a fraudulent agenda, invented by a fraudulent ojuku and sold to his ethnic group but thankgod he lost the war else the minorities would have been worse than they are in Nigeria.

NDs shine your eyes ! Isaac Boro died for ijaw freedom,Saro wiwa died for itsekiri stuggle but ojuku ran away for biafran struggle !

1 Like

Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by overdrive(m): 7:59am On Jul 08, 2013
quote author=babe_online]
The Igbos are thiefs. OJukwu only wanted them to succeed then BECAUSE OF THE OIL THE IJAWS HAVE/HAD.[/quote]
Thiefs or thieves?goes to show d kinda mentality u have yet u open ur mouth in a public forum to insult my race.smh

1 Like

Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 08, 2013
London-X:
^^^The Itsekiris don't have anything in common with both Igbo's and Ijaws. wink
what do you mean? are you an Itshekiri?? or are ijaws not from bayelsa??...please explain??
Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 08, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Biafra is a fraudulent agenda, invented by a fraudulent ojuku and sold to his ethnic group but thankgod he lost the war else the minorities would have been worse than they are in Nigeria.

NDs shine your eyes ! Isaac Boro died for ijaw freedom,Saro wiwa died for itsekiri stuggle but ojuku ran away for biafran struggle !
all you have said is the truth and nothing but the truth. I really dont care if the NDs shine their eyes or not because they are close to the Igbos and have the same disgusting approach to life.
Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by alfaman1: 8:22am On Jul 08, 2013
Aigbofa:

I guess everyone will think and act alike in your fantasy republic of Biafra.

Of course not. Like every other country, we will have problems. But they will be family problems that we can solve in the family.

1 Like

Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by LondonX: 8:22am On Jul 08, 2013
babe_online:
what do you mean? are you an Itshekiri?? or are ijaws not from bayelsa??...please explain??

It's shymexx. The Itsekiris are Yoruboid, most of them migrated from Ijebu Ode with a mix of Igala and Edo. But they've got a Benin crown(the Olu of warri). Their language also sounds like old Ijebu with a mix of Edo and Igala. I think they'll be better off going with Edo's than risking genocide by aligning with the other groups that you mentioned.
Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by ckkris: 8:37am On Jul 08, 2013
~Bluetooth:

How many old eastern minorities now and then support biafra ?

Republic of Igboland.
Islamic or Ifa Republic of Oduduwaland(their beautiful flag is in Nairaland).
The Glorious Islamic Sharia Republic of Hausaland.
The Famous Egbesu Republic of Izon.
The Ogoni Kingdom is bigger and richer than some European nations.
Akpabio has so built up Ibibio nation, that they can form a viable republic with Cross River.
These things are easy. Luggard's 100 years has expired.
Price of Crude oil will soon fall to a level where Nigeria will not be able to buy military weapons, or pay soldiers to force everyone to remain Nigerians. CIA predicted accurately that Nigeria has finished serving the purpose of the Queen Victoria, for whom it was created, that these Africans will eventually return to their original tribal domains. Its just common sense.
Are you afraid to develop your own God-given region?

1 Like

Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 08, 2013
London-X:

It's shymexx. The Itsekiris are Yoruboid, most of them migrated from Ijebu Ode with a mix of Igala and Edo. But they've got a Benin crown(the Olu of warri). Their language also sounds like old Ijebu with a mix of Edo and Igala. I think they'll be better off going with Edo's than risking genocide by aligning with the other groups that you mentioned.
true and interesting. Do you know any Itsekiri??...do the feel they are more Yoruba than Igbo??...because most of the people from the south-south feel they are Igbo and not Yoruba??
Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by PeeDaVinci: 8:43am On Jul 08, 2013
going by your analysis, the north will also have access to the sea through river niger if . . . .
Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by nku5: 8:45am On Jul 08, 2013
~Bluetooth:

More garbage from a hot air factory. Eastern Nigeria of 1967 was made of igbos and many other ethnicities. Read the following and cook up a few more lies as usual asap -

http://www.historians.org/tl/lessonplans/nc/trask/biafdecl.htm

The following is taken from C. Odumegwu Ojukwu, Biafra Selected Speeches and Random Thoughts of C. Odumegwu Ojukwu (NY: Harper & Row, 1969), 191-196]

Resolution passed on May 27, 1967.

WE, THE Chiefs, Elders, and Representatives of Eastern Nigeria, gathered at this Joint Meeting of the Advisory Committee of Chiefs and Elders and the Consultative Assembly, do solemnly declare as follows:

WHEREAS we have been in the vanguard of the national movement for the building of a strong, united, and prosperous Nigeria where no man will be oppressed and have devoted our efforts, talents, and resources to this end;

WHEREAS we cherish certain inalienable human rights and state obligations such as the right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness; the right to acquire, possess, and defend property; the provision of security; and the establishment of good and just government based on the consent of the governed;

WHEREAS in practical demonstration of these beliefs, our people settled in other parts of Nigeria, served their country in many capacities, and contributed immensely to the growth and development of Nigeria;

WHEREAS WE ARE LIVING WITNESSES OF INJUSTICES AND ATROCITIES COMMITTED against Eastern Nigeria, among which are the premeditated murder of over 30,000 of our innocent men, women, and children by Northern Nigerians, the calculated destruction of the property of our sons and daughters, the shameless conversion of 2,000,000 Eastern Nigerians into refugees in their own country, all this without remorse;

WHEREAS in consequence of these and other acts of discrimination and injustice, we have painfully realized that the Federation of Nigeria has failed, and has given us no protection;

WHEREAS in spite of these facts, the government and people of Eastern Nigeria have persisted in their efforts to find a practical and just solution that would preserve the continued existence of Nigeria as one corporate unit and restore peace and confidence as demonstrated by the initiative of our military governor in getting all the military leaders together at Aburi, Ghana;

WHEREAS the hopes which the Aburi Agreement engendered have proved to be misplaced and have been destroyed by a series of acts of bad faith and distortions and finally by a refusal on the part of the "Lagos Government" to implement these and other agreements notwithstanding the fact that they were freely and voluntarily entered into;

WHEREAS the Federation of Nigeria has forfeited any claim to our allegiance by these acts and by the economic, political, and diplomatic sanctions imposed against us by the so-called Federal Government;

AND WHEREAS the object of government is the good of the governed and the will of the people its ultimate sanction;

NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of these and other facts and injustices, we, the Chiefs, Elders, and Representatives of all the twenty provinces of Eastern Nigeria, assembled in this Joint Meeting of the Advisory Committee of Chiefs and Elders and the Consultative Assembly, at Enugu this 27th day of May, 1967, hereby solemnly:

MANDATE His Excellency Lieutenant Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, Military Governor of Eastern Nigeria, to declare at the earliest practicable date Eastern Nigeria a free, sovereign, and independent state by the name and title of the REPUBLIC OF BIAFRA.

2 Likes

Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 08, 2013
nku5:

Bullocks as usual. A wide mouth that spews hot air with no substance or fact

You can deny this but thankgod you accept the fact that ojuku ran away for biafran struggle.

ckkris: Republic of Igboland.
Akpabio has so built up Ibibio nation, that they can form a viable republic with Cross River.
Price of Crude oil will soon fall to a level where Nigeria will not be able to buy military weapons, or pay soldiers to force everyone to remain Nigerians. CIA predicted accurately that Nigeria has finished serving the purpose of the Queen Victoria, for whom it was created, that these Africans will eventually return to their original tribal domains. Its just common sense.

We can still do that even in the same Nigeria.Maybe ibos should start by learning to live in their gully-ridden region ! I'm always eager to see an undiluted yoruba nation from of scavengers . tongue

1 Like

Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 08, 2013
nku5:

Bullocks as usual. A wide mouth that spews hot air with no substance or fact

You can deny this but thankgod you accept the fact that ojuku ran away for biafran struggle.

ckkris: Republic of Igboland.

We can still do that even in the same Nigeria.Maybe ibos should start by learning to live in their gully-ridden region ! I'm always eager to see an undiluted yoruba nation from of scavengers. tongue
Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by LondonX: 8:50am On Jul 08, 2013
babe_online:
true and interesting. Do you know any Itsekiri??...do the feel they are more Yoruba than Igbo??...because most of the people from the south-south feel they are Igbo and not Yoruba??

How come you grew up in naija and you're still oblivious to the ethnic groups in the country? grin Anyway, went to secondary with a few of them and their name sounds Yoruba. They're to Yoruba what Urhobo is to Edo.

There are tribes up north as well that don't have anything in common with the mallams over there. I remember meeting some chic in uni and she said she was from Northern Nigeria. Straight-away, I thought she was alluding to the arabs(hausa/fulani) of Nigeria, till she said Jukun. I was like: "wtf is that?" Then she told me about her people. Beautiful super-duper Christian chic - God bless her. You need to start educating yourself about your country. wink
Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by nku5: 8:53am On Jul 08, 2013
~Bluetooth:

thankgod he lost the war else the minorities would have been worse than they are in Nigeria.

More nonsense. Despite the efforts of the divide and rule poison you people have been brewing you are still unable to prove where the "minorities" as u call them were suppressed or victimised by igbos or ojukwu during even during the heat of the biafran war.

The Nigerian state would have almost destroyed the ND people if not that they adopted militancy almost 15 years ago.

3 Likes

Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by rapheaders: 8:54am On Jul 08, 2013
babe_online:

itsekiri language is 65% Yoruba. my itsekiri neighbor was so surprise I can understand perfectly most of her conversation with her grandma in her native language.
Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by nku5: 8:56am On Jul 08, 2013
~Bluetooth:

I have analysed the entirety of the gutter style nonsense you posted in detail and all you can do is peck at miniscule irrelevant gibberish and run like a bytch.

I'll take it from the top with you is saro wiwa itsekiri?

1 Like

Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 08, 2013
mens dept: ^^^Some of these men dont even qualify to drive taxi talkless of being "Governor".

Some people simply talk rubbish. Politics aside these men will hold their own in their field of endeavour. Obi for instance had been a successful business man as early as in his university days. Common sense is not very common.
Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by ckkris: 9:19am On Jul 08, 2013
~Bluetooth:

We can still do that even in the same Nigeria.Maybe ibos should start by learning to live in their gully-ridden region ! I'm always eager to see an undiluted yoruba nation from of scavengers . tongue
The scavengers have taken oil wealth from Ogoniland to develop Lagos and Ogun, with so many billionaires, and now at least one trillionaire. They killed Saro for demanding some little benefits; and Asari, Ateke, et al, have to fight and lose thousands of men. Southwest has over 50 private universities, and not a single one in the oil bearing zone. Izon Citizen Anua! Then it is Igbos who must now risk everything to defend President Jonathan, otherwise the Northwest/Southwest locusts and looters would have removed him in less than one year.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos From The 3-day Fidau Prayers For Saratu Aregbesola / Birnin Gwari Killings: President Buhari Approves New Security Measures / Buhari's Aide, Bashir Ahmad Using Bots To Attack PDP Members On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.