Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,752 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... (13010 Views)

EXCLUSIVE: Tension In Aso Rock Only 3 Ministers Have Access To President Buhari / 5 Reasons The SE Will Survive The Decline In Oil Price. / Wike Promise SS And SE Will Leave Nigeria If...(pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by ak47mann(m): 1:28am On Jul 09, 2013
some people might want to join somalia pirates that attack ships and containers well be ready because those countries where those ships departed from will have no choice than carry their own special force for coastal pirates,they see u from there redial you get smoked out simple cool cool
Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by mensdept: 1:32am On Jul 09, 2013
Mieye007: All of your lenghty "sermon from an erosion valley" is just OFF POINT & RIDICULOUS.

Have you tried cyanide capsule for your schizopheria?

If that was your intent to be funny, then no wonder what I wrote about Ijaws stands true. Dont blame Hausa or Igbo or Yoruba for your land that even BBC has shown as a disaster area because you hungry fools wanted a biscuit from Gowon to "Oppose" Biafra.

Up till date you have yet to learn. Useless leaders, and VERY useless followers.
Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by Mieye007: 1:36am On Jul 09, 2013
mens dept:

Even if this fallacy is deemed to be true, what did it do for the Holy Ijaw folks? Did it bring them the best universities and high schools Africa (forget about the world) has seen? NO!

Did it bring a world class airport to Ijaw area that brings billions of naira into their local economy? NO!

Did it bring a world class stadium and sports facility for Ijaw youths and scholarship and scout recruitment? No!

Did it bring a renown Movie industry or studio into the forest of Ijaw land so that the country and the world can learn and love Ijaw language and culture? No!

Did it pave roads and highway systems that rival those in U.S. and the autobann in Germany, so that Ijaw fishermen can transport that tasty Oporoko and the likes to and fro without police checkpoint and bad pot holes? NO!

Did it generate power stations that produced constant power and energy so that Ijaw women can watch soap operas and cook tasty soups for their husbands with modern equipment and island in their kitchen? NO!

Did it warrant the UN or NATO to seek Ijaw boys for Military learning and training so that Oyibo boys can learn to fight terrorism in the world? NO!

Did it create modern shopping malls, skyscrapers, and beaches (since they are on the Ocean) that tourist would shun Brazil, Dubai, Mexico, and Italy to come to and party or do destination wedding? NO!

So the whole resistance to Biafra or rather support of corrupt illegitimate military clowns and common Wing Commanders parading as State Admin did nothing but put the loud but tiny Ijaws, the Southern Minorities, the Yorubas, and even the Igbos as slaves for British interest and Fulani domination.

Imagine that
After exposing you for your LIES about Frank Opigo, the next thing you do is preach a sermon from an erosion valley.....Fulani domination, Igbos domination, what is the difference? Keep having Amnesia.

I've come to understand that the current bunch of Igbos think or rather believe the current generation of Niger Deltans mostly Ijaws have forgotten the events of the past as to the tyranny, stu.pidity & murders by the Igbos. You think because we smile with you daily we must be living in oblivion........You even have the disgusting temerity to term us "saboteurs", what arrant nonesense?

Now you're back again trying to play saviour & big brother clamouring for SS-SE integration, we will surely key in into it to give us the platform to get closer to you in order to perfect how best to deal with all of you.

I don't wanna sound like I'm issuing threats' but you definitely do not have any idea what you guys are getting into. Lemme end by telling the Igbo nation that IGBOS ARE THE CAUSE OF THE PLIGHT OF NIGER DELTANS TODAY.

It is because of the Igbos that the North (with whom we had a warn relationship to the envy of the Igbos) now see us as war bounty. It is because of Igbos that Niger Deltans are suffering in the current Nigerian polity.

You did everything possible to deny us some level of self determination in the Eastern Region just like the Northerners with the Middle Belt. You couldn't even have the quasi-decency of the Yorubas who allowed the "minorities" within then to have some level of self determination.

An Igbo man was the one who introduced UNITARY SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT and jettisoned the quasi-federal structure of revenue distribution to this devilish system the Northern have mastered & perpetuated.

I hope I've been able to cure some of your ignorance, esp those who are having amnesia, those who choose to live in a dreamworld, those who choose to live in oblivion, those who choose to assume that "THESE PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING, THEY MUST HAVE FORGOTTEN". I've read so many Igbo comments on nairaland who write lenghty sermons to justify every Igbo action in Nigeria esp Biafra.

What I've revealled to all of you today is JUST A TIP OF THE ICEBERG of what an average Ijaw/Niger Deltan youth knows and understand at his finger tips. We may not express it outrightly or air them like the current Igbo generation does in the internet, but we know all of it. And your public Igbo Justification Campaign is even making you look very funny in the eyes of the average Niger Deltan....YOU GUYS SERIOUSLY CAN NOT COMPREHEND OUR LEVEL OF SOPHISTICATION WHICH HINGES ON BEING SILENT WITH SO MANY FACTS.

If you like continue the rantings of Igbo justification til forever, this is the closest you'd ever get as a confrontation against your nonsense from an Ijaw man....we will simply keep watching in silence as you continue you public/internet dance of shamelessness.

SHALOM.
Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by mensdept: 1:41am On Jul 09, 2013
Mieye007: After exposing you for your LIES about Frank Opigo, the next thing you do is preach a sermon from an erosion valley.....Fulani domination, Igbos domination, what is the difference? Keep having Amnesia.

I've come to understand that the current bunch of Igbos think or rather believe the current generation of Niger Deltans mostly Ijaws have forgotten the events of the past as to the tyranny, stu.pidity & murders by the Igbos. You think because we smile with you daily we must be living in oblivion........You even have the disgusting temerity to term us "saboteurs", what arrant nonesense?

Now you're back again trying to play saviour & big brother clamouring for SS-SE integration, we will surely key in into it to give us the platform to get closer to you in order to perfect how best to deal with all of you.

I don't wanna sound like I'm issuing threats' but you definitely do not have any idea what you guys are getting into. Lemme end by telling the Igbo nation that IGBOS ARE THE CAUSE OF THE PLIGHT OF NIGER DELTANS TODAY.

It is because of the Igbos that the North (with whom we had a warn relationship to the envy of the Igbos) now see us as war bounty. It is because of Igbos that Niger Deltans are suffering in the current Nigerian polity.

You did everything possible to deny us some level of self determination in the Eastern Region just like the Northerners with the Middle Belt. You couldn't even have the quasi-decency of the Yorubas who allowed the "minorities" within then to have some level of self determination.

An Igbo man was the one who introduced UNITARY SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT and jettisoned the quasi-federal structure of revenue distribution to this devilish system the Northern have mastered & perpetuated.

I hope I've been able to cure some of your ignorance, esp those who are having amnesia, those who choose to live in a dreamworld, those who choose to live in oblivion, those who choose to assume that "THESE PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING, THEY MUST HAVE FORGOTTEN". I've read so many Igbo comments on nairaland who write lenghty sermons to justify every Igbo action in Nigeria esp Biafra.

What I've revealled to all of you today is JUST A TIP OF THE ICEBERG of what an average Ijaw/Niger Deltan youth knows and understand at his finger tips. We may not express it outrightly or air them like the current Igbo generation does in the internet, but we know all of it. And your public Igbo Justification Campaign is even making you look very funny in the eyes of the average Niger Deltan....YOU GUYS SERIOUSLY CAN NOT COMPREHEND OUR LEVEL OF SOPHISTICATION WHICH HINGES ON BEING SILENT WITH SO MANY FACTS.

If you like continue the rantings of Igbo justification til forever, this is the closest you'd ever get as a confrontation against your nonsense from an Ijaw man....we will simply keep watching in silence as you continue you public/internet dance of shamelessness.

SHALOM.

What did I tell you guys in my earlier post? Ijaw People= LOUD but TINY

To be Cont
Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by mensdept: 1:47am On Jul 09, 2013
@ Mieye007,

Now you have also done your own sermon, only you have exposed yourself to disgraceful levels that Edwin Clark would be ashamed of.

You yourself said Ijaw people opposed Biafra. Igbo people are saying fine, no problem.

But perhaps you have moved out of Bayelsa and to LAGOS and ABUJA, or even ENUGU (LOL) selling fake leather belts because Ijawland is a ecological disaster, where hungry boys introduced the whole kidnapping phenomena into the country.

Why is MEND making noise? Yes, I know its because Ijaw people are LOUD and TINY, but really, why?

Because they are hungry and starving, despite having Ijaw senators, governors, state assembly men balancing and budgeting BILLIONS of Naira every year.

What are they doing with the loot?

FOOL

3 Likes

Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by Abagworo(m): 1:52am On Jul 09, 2013
The truth remains the truth. The only way out for Igbos is to stand for what is right and stop seeking affiliation with people who have inherent hatred for Igbos for no just course. Igbos on the other hand need to grow some balls and claim what is there's without giving a damn. That's one thing I am proud of myself for. I look beyond ethnic groups in my dealings and nothing can stop that. The same reason I like Okorocha and Amaechi. Do the right thing and damn all these ethnic and religious jingoists across Nigeria.
Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by sexkilzaphull: 1:57am On Jul 09, 2013
mens dept:

Even if this fallacy is deemed to be true, what did it do for the Holy Ijaw folks? Did it bring them the best universities and high schools Africa (forget about the world) has seen? NO!

Did it bring a world class airport to Ijaw area that brings billions of naira into their local economy? NO!

Did it bring a world class stadium and sports facility for Ijaw youths and scholarship and scout recruitment? No!

Did it bring a renown Movie industry or studio into the forest of Ijaw land so that the country and the world can learn and love Ijaw language and culture? No!

Did it pave roads and highway systems that rival those in U.S. and the autobann in Germany, so that Ijaw fishermen can transport that tasty Oporoko and the likes to and fro without police checkpoint and bad pot holes? NO!

Did it generate power stations that produced constant power and energy so that Ijaw women can watch soap operas and cook tasty soups for their husbands with modern equipment and island in their kitchen? NO!

Did it warrant the UN or NATO to seek Ijaw boys for Military learning and training so that Oyibo boys can learn to fight terrorism in the world? NO!

Did it create modern shopping malls, skyscrapers, and beaches (since they are on the Ocean) that tourist would shun Brazil, Dubai, Mexico, and Italy to come to and party or do destination wedding? NO!

So the whole resistance to Biafra or rather support of corrupt illegitimate military clowns and common Wing Commanders parading as State Admin did nothing but put the loud but tiny Ijaws, the Southern Minorities, the Yorubas, and even the Igbos as slaves for British interest and Fulani domination.

Imagine that

So, what has it brought you o righteous hypocritical pharisee?? grin grin I hope the ND see you people for what you really are! If ND is lacking in significant areas, just like you people, isn't that a reason to be looking and supporting GOOD LEADERS from their zones and states? Rather, you support someone like Jonathan who is one of the MAIN reasons they don't have any of those things, pretending to support their "son", why you know you can at least get a bridge worth a few billions from "their money", is that not so? The day the Ijaws realize that your support is like a trojan horse, and their own support for thieving "sons of the soil" is the bane of their existence, that is the day of their freedom. The Yorubas to the LARGEST extent were the architects of the constitutional transfer of power to Jonathan after Yaradua became incapacitated. They have since seen that in their neck of the woods, Jona is as mentally incapacitated as Yaradua and his continued leadership is the bane of real progress in the country! Guess what? While doing all that, they are aggressively developing their people and lands! They even are generous enough to let you come in and observe our way of doing things, but you must pay taxes! Our tax nets will widen from the current 3 M in Lagos to another 4-5 M in the next few years! The same ideas are quickly being implemented and honed in Ogun and Oyo State while all you people will have to show for it is one man (Jona) who did nothing as governor and helped to steal you even blinder as president! Carry on, me likey! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by mensdept: 2:05am On Jul 09, 2013
se.xkilza.phull:

So, what has it brought you o righteous hypocritical pharisee?? grin grin I hope the ND see you people for what you really are! If ND is lacking in significant areas, just like you people, isn't that a reason to be looking and supporting GOOD LEADERS from their zones and states? Rather, you support someone like Jonathan who is one of the MAIN reasons they don't have any of those things, pretending to support their "son", why you know you can at least get a bridge worth a few billions from "their money", is that not so? The day the Ijaws realize that your support is like a trojan horse, and their own support for thieving "sons of the soil" is the bane of their existence, that is the day of their freedom. The Yorubas to the LARGEST extent were the architects of the constitutional transfer of power to Jonathan after Yaradua became incapacitated. They have since seen that in their neck of the woods, Jona is as mentally incapacitated as Yaradua and his continued leadership is the bane of real progress in the country! Guess what? While doing all that, they are aggressively developing their people and lands! They even are generous enough to let you come in and observe our way of doing things, but you must pay taxes! Our tax nets will widen from the current 3 M in Lagos to another 4-5 M in the next few years! The same ideas are quickly being implemented and honed in Ogun and Oyo State while all you people will have to show for it is one man (Jona) who did nothing as governor and helped to steal you even blinder as president! Carry on, me likey! grin grin grin

First of all, this thread is for articulate minds, so please, go back and re-read the garbage that you call a response.

Last time I checked, Goodluck was governor of BAYELSA, and not ANAMBRA. It was Ijaw people who voted for him AND ALAMSY, who by the way, was stealing money belonging to little Ijaw boys and girls. Maybe Ijaw people should vote Yoruba cousins the Itsekiri people, as their leaders, despite being slapped on both cheeks by them.

4 Likes

Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by Abagworo(m): 2:11am On Jul 09, 2013
And again Igbos suffer from "defeatist syndrome" which has seen them answering "yes sir" to anyone in power. The only way you can gain relevance is by fighting for something and getting it which makes you a stake holder. I was baffled when Igbos neglected Odili whom most of us saw as an Igbo man when he was wrongfully dropped from being the VP under Yar' Adua for being Igbo. Edwin Clarke did not hide it that Odili as an Igbo could not occupy the VP ahead of Ijaw for a South-south slot and it was what led to emergence of Jonathan as VP. Alamiesiegha was a better leader blackmailed for supporting Atiku. Today Amaechi another Igbo is being witch-haunted and Igbos are calling him saboteur. Who is he sabotaging? Rochas is the only Igboman supporting Amaechi in his ordeal and tomorrow, many Nairalanders will claim Ikwerre is Igbo but now that the chips are down, did Igbos support our son? Big NO.

The saga continues.

This wikileaks article gives a little insight

http://wikileaks.org/gifiles/docs/5113552_re-research-request-nigeria-.html
Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by mensdept: 2:23am On Jul 09, 2013
Abagworo: And again Igbos suffer from "defeatist syndrome" which has seen them answering "yes sir" to anyone in power. The only way you can gain relevance is by fighting for something and getting it which makes you a stake holder. I was baffled when Igbos neglected Odili whom most of us saw as an Igbo man when he was wrongfully dropped from being the VP under Yar' Adua for being Igbo. Edwin Clarke did not hide it that Odili as an Igbo could not occupy the VP ahead of Ijaw for a South-south slot and it was what led to emergence of Jonathan as VP. Alamiesiegha was a better leader blackmailed for supporting Atiku. Today Amaechi another Igbo is being witch-haunted and Igbos are calling him saboteur. Who is he sabotaging? Rochas is the only Igboman supporting Amaechi in his ordeal and tomorrow, many Nairalanders will claim Ikwerre is Igbo but now that the chips are down, did Igbos support our son? Big NO.

The saga continues.

Perhaps the highlighted part is true. But who in Nigeria is not a "yes sir" person? Hausa People were "yes sir" to Fulani men that were tying bedsheet and calling themselves "Alhaji" abi Emir.

Those Emirs in turn were calling "yes sir" to Queen Eliza's homeboys abi Governor Generals who not only created this country, but who's own sister named Lady Lugard, gave us the title we shamefully continue to boast about (NIGERIA).

Or is it Yoruba, who are also Africa's leading "Yes Sir" folks, whether to Gowon or now Tinubu. The only thing is Yoruba people read the situation better than Igbo and these ND folks thinking they are a majority group when they are not as relevant as they think.

Alamiesiegha was and is a thief. Odili did not turn Port Harcourt into a world class place with all the resources he had. He, along with Attah, Ibori, Igbinedion, Kalu, Udenwa, Mbadinuju and co, were all rogues who could never amount to leaders in the former Eastern or Midwestern Region.

1 Like

Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by Abagworo(m): 2:41am On Jul 09, 2013
mens dept:

Perhaps the highlighted part is true. But who in Nigeria is not a "yes sir" person? Hausa People were "yes sir" to Fulani men that were tying bedsheet and calling themselves "Alhaji" abi Emir.

Those Emirs in turn were calling "yes sir" to Queen Eliza's homeboys abi Governor Generals who not only created this country, but who's own sister named Lady Lugard, gave us the title we shamefully continue to boast about (NIGERIA).

Or is it Yoruba, who are also Africa's leading "Yes Sir" folks, whether to Gowon or now Tinubu. The only thing is Yoruba people read the situation better than Igbo and these ND folks thinking they are a majority group when they are not as relevant as they think.

Alamiesiegha was and is a thief. Odili did not turn Port Harcourt into a world class place with all the resources he had. He, along with Attah, Ibori, Igbinedion, Kalu, Udenwa, Mbadinuju and co, were all rogues who could never amount to leaders in the former Eastern or Midwestern Region.

None of Nigeria's leaders has ever been decent apart from Buhari. Igbos will castigate there own for being a thief while they support other thieves being supported by their own people despite being thieves.

Yoruba people did not suffer from a war which makes their situation kind of different psychologically from Igbos. If you study Yorubas and Ijaws, you'll realize that they fought for their rights and stood by it until they got appeased by other Nigerians. I personally do not like ethnic politics but I believe Igbos should always stand for what is right and through that will they gain relevance in the Nigerian polity.
Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by sexkilzaphull: 2:53am On Jul 09, 2013
Abagworo: The truth remains the truth. The only way out for Igbos is to stand for what is right and stop seeking affiliation with people who have inherent hatred for Igbos for no just course. Igbos on the other hand need to grow some balls and claim what is there's without giving a damn. That's one thing I am proud of myself for. I look beyond ethnic groups in my dealings and nothing can stop that. The same reason I like Okorocha and Amaechi. Do the right thing and damn all these ethnic and religious jingoists across Nigeria.

I wrote a reply on your post but it was rather long, going beyond this topic. I do not want to derail such a vibrant debate. If you are up to it, check out my post at https://www.nairaland.com/1352090/advocates-divided-nigeria-need-think.
Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by mensdept: 3:19am On Jul 09, 2013
Abagworo:

None of Nigeria's leaders has ever been decent apart from Buhari. Igbos will castigate there own for being a thief while they support other thieves being supported by their own people despite being thieves.

Yoruba people did not suffer from a war which makes their situation kind of different psychologically from Igbos. If you study Yorubas and Ijaws, you'll realize that they fought for their rights and stood by it until they got appeased by other Nigerians. I personally do not like ethnic politics but I believe Igbos should always stand for what is right and through that will they gain relevance in the Nigerian polity.

Again, everything you wrote I agree with except the highlighted part here. The only Yoruba who fought for what they believed in and for their people are the likes of Herbert MAC, Fajuyi, and Gani F. The Yoruba people were and have always been opportunist that profited from other people's LACK of calculations.

Were they not conquered by the same British and Fulani? Was Awolowo or Abiola or Falae allowed to answer HOS? Hell No!

The Ijaws fought and did what? There leaders or quasi-leaders are reactionary to what had already been decided and enacted upon. You cant cry over spilt milk from last month when you were among those who dropped the gallon (Anti-Biafra support).

What's only keeping them from the merciless Nigerian army boys wrath is the Western World that can use hostility to blackmail leaders from the third world, unless they support your authority to do so like OBJ did when he leveled the hell out of the minority villages when President.
Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by DuduNegro: 9:01am On Jul 09, 2013
mens dept:

Again, everything you wrote I agree with except the highlighted part here. The only Yoruba who fought for what they believed in and for their people are the likes of Herbert MAC, Fajuyi, and Gani F. The Yoruba people were and have always been opportunist that profited from other people's LACK of calculations.

Were they not conquered by the same British and Fulani? Was Awolowo or Abiola or Falae allowed to answer HOS? Hell No!

The Ijaws fought and did what? There leaders or quasi-leaders are reactionary to what had already been decided and enacted upon. You cant cry over spilt milk from last month when you were among those who dropped the gallon (Anti-Biafra support).

What's only keeping them from the merciless Nigerian army boys wrath is the Western World that can use hostility to blackmail leaders from the third world, unless they support your authority to do so like OBJ did when he leveled the hell out of the minority villages when President.

Your ego is blocking your ability to see, understand and acknowledge what Abagworo is saying. You continue to believe Igbo is righteous and others are sinful.

There is a disconnect in the way Igbo sees itself and the way it sees Nigeria. You Igbos exist in a political bubble that does not settle neatly into the dynamics of a national exchange which other people take in their stride with mastery and little expectation.

Other people consider their ethnic destiny a separate and inviolable entity and struggle to shield it from the chaos and madness of Nigerian political contract; Igbo on the other hand instead of living its ethnic destiny in a shield has continued to make its struggle with Nigeria a do or die affair and thereby hard to extricate itself from the chaos and injustice of a brutal push for domination at the center.

Yoruba always read and assess the risk factor. Would a gain at the center end up with a damaging outcome at home? Would delaying an action for 4yrs allow time to build base and reap a much higher reward? What Yoruba call risk management, Igbo call cowardice. In the interest of being anti-Yoruba and anti-coward you end up with misses on a concise risk assessment of the Nigerian polity and we see the result and its impact on everything going on in Igboland today when compared with Yorubaland.

Igboland has not suffered maitatsine riots or religious riots or bokoharam insurgency or any of these social catastrophies and tragedies that beset the North every twelve months for the past 30yrs, and yet Igboland cannot boast of being better than Hausaland in terms of social and welfare developments for the ordinary people.

Nigeria is not your destiny, stop struggling with Nigeria and start living your freedom and destiny.

6 Likes

Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by RareDiamond: 10:01am On Jul 09, 2013
I LAUGH WHEN I SEE IGNORANTLY MISCHEVIOUS YORUBA FOLKS AND TWO IJAW WANNA Be's WRITING RUBBISH. THE IMO RIVER TAKES ITS COURSE FROM ONUIMO LGA NEAR OKIGWE, IMO STATE AND FLOWS TOWARDS UMUAHIA,OWERRINTA,NGWA,ABA,UKWA THEN TO THE IGBO SPEAKING OBIGBO, OPOBO IN RIVERS STATE TO THE ATLANTIC OCEAN. THESE VERY IMPORTANT RIVER IS USED BY ENGINEERING, CONSTRUCTION AND OIL COMPANIES TO CONVEY HEAVY EQUIPMENTS, MATERIALS, PERSONNEL AND CRUDE OIL TO THEIR VARIOUS SITES. THERE ARE FIVE DEEP RIVERS THAT LINK IGBOLAND TO THE ATLANTIC OCEAN. IF YOU KNOW INTERNATIONAL LAW WELL YOU WOULD KNOW THAT RIGHT OF WAY CANNOT BE A PROBLEM. THE NILE RIVER IS USED BY MANY COUNTRIES AND NON HAVE THE MONOPOLY OF RIGHT OF WAY, THE RIGHT OF WAY TO THE GOLF OF SOMALIA IS NOT THE MONOPOLY OF SOMALIA. WHEN THAT TIME COMES YOU WOULD KNOW IF YOU HAVE MONOPOLY ACCORDING TO INTERNATIONAL LAW OR NOT. YOU CAN DENY ACCESS TO YOUR PORT, BUT GOODS WOULD BE TRANSFERRED TO GIANT BARGES OFFSHORE WHICH WOULD SAIL THROUGH IMO RIVER TO ABA, UMUAHIA, OKIGWE. IMO RIVER IS ONE OF THE NUMEROUS DEEP RIVERS THAT LINK IGBOLAND TO THE ATLANTIC. BUT TO THINK OF IT I DONT SEE THE GOOD PEOPLE OF CROSSRIVER, AKWAIBOM (OUR LOYAL PARTNERS AND BROTHERS) AND IGBO PARTS OF RIVERS STATE AND EVEN THE IJAWS DENYING US ACCESS TO THEIR PORTS BECAUSE OF THE BROTHERHOOD BETWEEN US AND THE ECONOMIC GAINS. YORUBA OF SW WOULD HAVE TO MANAGE THE NORTH WHO WOULD HAVE A MANDATORY RIGHT OF WAY TO THE PORTS IN LAGOS.

2 Likes

Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by DuduNegro: 10:37am On Jul 09, 2013
Rare Diamond: I LAUGH WHEN I SEE IGNORANTLY MISCHEVIOUS YEROBA FOLKS AND TWO IDIO.TIC IJAW WANNA Be's WRITING RUBBISH. THE IMO RIVER TAKES ITS COURSE FROM ONUIMO LGA NEAR OKIGWE, IMO STATE AND FLOWS TOWARDS UMUAHIA,OWERRINTA,NGWA,ABA,UKWA THEN TO THE IGBO SPEAKING OBIGBO, OPOBO IN RIVERS STATE TO THE ATLANTIC OCEAN. THESE VERY IMPORTANT RIVER IS USED BY ENGINEERING, CONSTRUCTION AND OIL COMPANIES TO CONVEY HEAVY EQUIPMENTS, MATERIALS, PERSONNEL AND CRUDE OIL TO THEIR VARIOUS SITES. THERE ARE FIVE DEEP RIVERS THAT LINK IGBOLAND TO THE ATLANTIC OCEAN. IF YOU KNOW INTERNATIONAL LAW WELL YOU WOULD KNOW THAT RIGHT OF WAY CANNOT BE A PROBLEM. THE NILE RIVER IS USED BY MANY COUNTRIES AND NON HAVE THE MONOPOLY OF RIGHT OF WAY, THE RIGHT OF WAY TO THE GOLF OF SOMALIA IS NOT THE MONOPOLY OF SOMALIA. WHEN THAT TIME COMES YOU WOULD KNOW IF YOU HAVE MONOPOLY ACCORDING TO INTERNATIONAL LAW OR NOT. YOU CAN DENY ACCESS TO YOUR PORT, BUT GOODS WOULD BE TRANSFERRED TO GIANT BARGES OFFSHORE WHICH WOULD SAIL THROUGH IMO RIVER TO ABA, UMUAHIA, OKIGWE. IMO RIVER IS ONE OF THE NUMEROUS DEEP RIVERS THAT LINK IGBOLAND TO THE ATLANTIC. BUT TO THINK OF IT I DONT SEE THE GOOD PEOPLE OF CROSSRIVER, AKWAIBOM (OUR LOYAL PARTNERS AND BROTHERS) AND IGBO PARTS OF RIVERS STATE AND EVEN THE IJAWS DENYING US ACCESS TO THEIR PORTS BECAUSE OF THE BROTHERHOOD BETWEEN US AND THE ECONOMIC GAINS. YEROBEA OF SW WOULD HAVE TO MANAGE THE NORTH WHO WOULD HAVE A MANDATORY RIGHT OF WAY TO THE PORTS IN LAGOS.

As we speak, two Igbo sister States, Abia and Imo are denying one another access to social service.....and we are not divided yet. Can you imagine the scale and severity of competition after the division, not just between sister states but across geopolitical territories?

The solution is regional cooperation. Cooperation with people you do not share ideologies with is far more complex and demand a far more need for compromise and restraint if its to work. Unfortunately, these skills of diplomacy are viewed by Igbo as cowardice and they therefore disprove of its use to cement "must have" alliances in that region.

2 Likes

Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by djon78(m): 11:04am On Jul 09, 2013
Rare Diamond: I LAUGH WHEN I SEE IGNORANTLY MISCHEVIOUS YEROBA FOLKS AND TWO IDIO.TIC IJAW WANNA Be's WRITING RUBBISH. THE IMO RIVER TAKES ITS COURSE FROM ONUIMO LGA NEAR OKIGWE, IMO STATE AND FLOWS TOWARDS UMUAHIA,OWERRINTA,NGWA,ABA,UKWA THEN TO THE IGBO SPEAKING OBIGBO, OPOBO IN RIVERS STATE TO THE ATLANTIC OCEAN. THESE VERY IMPORTANT RIVER IS USED BY ENGINEERING, CONSTRUCTION AND OIL COMPANIES TO CONVEY HEAVY EQUIPMENTS, MATERIALS, PERSONNEL AND CRUDE OIL TO THEIR VARIOUS SITES. THERE ARE FIVE DEEP RIVERS THAT LINK IGBOLAND TO THE ATLANTIC OCEAN. IF YOU KNOW INTERNATIONAL LAW WELL YOU WOULD KNOW THAT RIGHT OF WAY CANNOT BE A PROBLEM. THE NILE RIVER IS USED BY MANY COUNTRIES AND NON HAVE THE MONOPOLY OF RIGHT OF WAY, THE RIGHT OF WAY TO THE GOLF OF SOMALIA IS NOT THE MONOPOLY OF SOMALIA. WHEN THAT TIME COMES YOU WOULD KNOW IF YOU HAVE MONOPOLY ACCORDING TO INTERNATIONAL LAW OR NOT. YOU CAN DENY ACCESS TO YOUR PORT, BUT GOODS WOULD BE TRANSFERRED TO GIANT BARGES OFFSHORE WHICH WOULD SAIL THROUGH IMO RIVER TO ABA, UMUAHIA, OKIGWE. IMO RIVER IS ONE OF THE NUMEROUS DEEP RIVERS THAT LINK IGBOLAND TO THE ATLANTIC. BUT TO THINK OF IT I DONT SEE THE GOOD PEOPLE OF CROSSRIVER, AKWAIBOM (OUR LOYAL PARTNERS AND BROTHERS) AND IGBO PARTS OF RIVERS STATE AND EVEN THE IJAWS DENYING US ACCESS TO THEIR PORTS BECAUSE OF THE BROTHERHOOD BETWEEN US AND THE ECONOMIC GAINS. YEROBEA OF SW WOULD HAVE TO MANAGE THE NORTH WHO WOULD HAVE A MANDATORY RIGHT OF WAY TO THE PORTS IN LAGOS.

true talk bro, the main issue is that many of these folks ranting here know nothing about International law. Imo river if dredged can contain ocean lineer vessels, like wise the Niger. So I dont understand the ranting of some of these folks about Igboland being landlocked, anyway they never seen anything yet, let Geometric company finish with there work in Aba and its environs, then we will unleash that undying Igbo spirit of ingenuity and take the world by storm.

1 Like

Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by Abagworo(m): 12:04pm On Jul 09, 2013
Since this thread is based on speculation, I will give a hint on a possible outcome of the fantasy post Nigeria Igboland. Immediately Nigeria breaks up, Igbos will strategize on how to take back everything that was forcefully taken away from us and in that process a war will break out. Igbos will win the war being more intelligent and having far more population but the UN will intervene after years of fighting and a truce will be reached where a vote is cast to determine which country each area choses to belong. One of the conditions to be given by Igbos will be an uninterrupted access to sea before there will ever be peace.
Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by funnyx(m): 12:16pm On Jul 09, 2013
Abagworo: Since this thread is based on speculation, I will give a hint on a possible outcome of the fantasy post Nigeria Igboland. Immediately Nigeria breaks up, Igbos will strategize on how to take back everything that was forcefully taken away from us and in that process a war will break out. Igbos will win the war being more intelligent and having far more population but the UN will intervene after years of fighting and a truce will be reached where a vote is cast to determine which country each area choses to belong. One of the conditions to be given by Igbos will be an uninterrupted access to sea before there will ever be peace.

He he he grin grin grin grin I don't usually comment on tribalistic thread like this but I find your comment about igbo being more intelligent and having far more population as not only nauseating but laughable, all the same goodluck in your fantasy world.
Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by IGBOSON1: 12:20pm On Jul 09, 2013
mens dept:

What did I tell you guys in my earlier post? Ijaw People= LOUD but TINY

To be Cont

^^^Mens-dept, please if you want to respond to that thing don't abuse Ijaws, as that's his aim on this site.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by Abagworo(m): 12:23pm On Jul 09, 2013
funnyx:

He he he grin grin grin grin I don't usually comment on tribalistic thread like this but I find your comment about igbo being more intelligent and having far more population as not only nauseating but laughable, all the same goodluck in your fantasy world.

But its a glaring truth by every available index.

1 Like

Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by funnyx(m): 12:41pm On Jul 09, 2013
Abagworo:

But its a glaring truth by every available index.

To say that one group of people are more intelligent than other groups is not only bigoted but also a fallacy.
Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by Abagworo(m): 12:44pm On Jul 09, 2013
funnyx:

To say that one group of people are more intelligent than other groups is not only bigoted but also a fallacy.

Remember this thread is not real and is based on fantasy or speculations.
Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by mensdept: 2:57pm On Jul 09, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

Your ego is blocking your ability to see, understand and acknowledge what Abagworo is saying. You continue to believe Igbo is righteous and others are sinful.

There is a disconnect in the way Igbo sees itself and the way it sees Nigeria. You Igbos exist in a political bubble that does not settle neatly into the dynamics of a national exchange which other people take in their stride with mastery and little expectation.

Other people consider their ethnic destiny a separate and inviolable entity and struggle to shield it from the chaos and madness of Nigerian political contract; Igbo on the other hand instead of living its ethnic destiny in a shield has continued to make its struggle with Nigeria a do or die affair and thereby hard to extricate itself from the chaos and injustice of a brutal push for domination at the center.

Yoruba always read and assess the risk factor. Would a gain at the center end up with a damaging outcome at home? Would delaying an action for 4yrs allow time to build base and reap a much higher reward? What Yoruba call risk management, Igbo call cowardice. In the interest of being anti-Yoruba and anti-coward you end up with misses on a concise risk assessment of the Nigerian polity and we see the result and its impact on everything going on in Igboland today when compared with Yorubaland.

Igboland has not suffered maitatsine riots or religious riots or bokoharam insurgency or any of these social catastrophies and tragedies that beset the North every twelve months for the past 30yrs, and yet Igboland cannot boast of being better than Hausaland in terms of social and welfare developments for the ordinary people.

Nigeria is not your destiny, stop struggling with Nigeria and start living your freedom and destiny.

The risk management that Yoruba people have done has gotten them few contracts and positions in Nigeria. Lagos was and will forever be a quasi-federal unit, and by approximation, Yoruba control it. With that they have their airport, port that they take bribes from every Nigerian importing "Discussion continued", and several other perks.

Outside of Lagos, Ibadan, Abeokuta, and even Ilorin are not much different from 1966. Fact.

Igbo people I've never said were perfect, and in fact, have, in addition to "South South" leaders, the worse governors in West Africa, from Thief Theo Orji the clown, to the old man Elechi is Ebonyi. But the day Igbo say they want out, people dey vex.

Why?

Because Igbo people and nearly every South South (EXCEPT IJAW) have the potential of turning their part of the world into an oasis without too much headache. Bayelsa state cannot even figure out how to even dredge any of their water ways till date.

Too Bad

1 Like

Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by sexkilzaphull: 3:16pm On Jul 09, 2013
If a girlfriend or wife or friend breaks friendship with you because you are not good enough now (for 1 million reasons, whatever), not that he/she is perfect or doing any better; why would you accept to give any benefit to such friend after the breakup for ANY reason, alliance, whether you are doing better or not? This is one of the things that will happen if Nigerian were to break-up. If everyone gets it right and make a good life for their people, nice! Whatever chances ibos have, other people also have. However, there will be lots of issues and then it will be too late to want to make alliances and friendships, for what? I think you are a good person but a breakup will FORCE the new countries to have every non-National removed from their country, this is reality. There is no law that can stop that from happening! Some of your people will be on the receiving end of the agitations of a few but it is what it is. Ibos will need MANY things and I know you have a lot of things too, just like any other new country coming out of Nigeria. However, you will NOT have access to the sea, the coastal states have NO OBLIGATION to allow you any access by road, water or air! Any unauthorized plane or vessel could be fired upon, this will be the reality. This limits your options economically (imports and exports), war and defence as well as several socio-economic consequences. Iboland grew palm kernels and made palm oil in the days of regionalism. You can go back to farming but where is the land? If you used all your land to farm, where will people live? Yes, you can import but from where? Since you will be boxed in, the cost of taxation could be quite punitive such that a big percentage of your monies is shared with states with coastal access or ports. They might demand as much as 40 - 50% of the value of the imports, but what choices would you have then?

I am very sure there will be conflicts around your borders for minorities will be always on edge to check any small encroachment on their lands. Being friends or allies will not be enough because it becomes an issue of two countries in negotiation - you MUST bring something to the table and that thing must be worth the other countries while. What will it be? I don't speak for the SW but I will SAY there should be no Ibos within our borders and in the lands of all those who may choose to be part of our country. With not less than 40 M Yorubas in Nigeria alone, the most educated, the most schooled, some of the most developed areas, lots of land for farming, access to several hundreds of KMs of Atlantic Shoreline, an already sophisticated people for more than 10,000 years, war history dating back over a 1,000 years, lots of accomplished people, myself included, what will the Ibos offer to the SW? Only Oyo State is about all the size of the SE. We have oil in Lagos, Ogun and Ondo State, HUGE oilfields offshore FOR US, un-mined gold deposits in Ilesha, one of the largest deposits of Oil Sands in Ondo State, the biggest and most famous educational institutions in Nigeria which are internationally recognized and for which highly trained foreign professors will be pleased to leave the West to go and teach and conduct research in our universities. There are airports in Lagos (should be 2 soon), 1 in Ibadan, 1 in Akure, 1 in Osun State. We can pick up to 4 capitals besides Lagos and designated them as our heavy industrial, oil and gas, administrative and culture capitals while Lagos will continue to be our business capital a la New York or London. Naturally, we have pride in the work of our Great grandfathers and Fathers, we love our lands, we can be welcoming and share them with our guests who MUST respect us and the heritage bequeathed to us! We will have a military capital, the most advanced military research and defence fortifications in the modern world, continuing a legacy of over 1,000 years of solid military history. FYI, the Aare Ona Kakanfo (War General) position of the Yorubas has been created for over 700 years, just to let you know this stuff is real.

What would we need from the Ibos? I can't speak for the northerners but I am sure even if they needed 1,000,000 things, they will NEVER accept or take anything from you people and we all know that an average Northerner doesn't like the Eastern Ibos. They also have an interesting culture, very content with what they have, usually care less about material possessions and they have enough land to grow food and water - they will LIVE for sure! For the adventurous of them, I will wager that if they think they are suffering and want someone to blame, it will be the Ibos, who they will view as the root cause of the break-up. Yes, I know every man's life is his responsibility and you cannot blame your neighbour if you are poor but when emotions rage, reason is out! This is why Hitler blamed the Jews for the loss of WW 1 and he organized genocide against them in WW 2 - he was WRONG! However, the damage would already would have been done. Organize protests, cry, shout, write letters, that will not wake-up people who will be victims. In current Nigeria, the Northerners know that the balance of power and action is not their exclusive prerogative. If a crazy leader wants to start war against any part of the country for no just reason, say north vs east, the can be absolutely SURE the Yoruba SW will not be supporting such madness! However in a broken country, we don't have to be bothered so far as you don't come close our lands or into those of our compatriots or people who might have allied with us and with whom we have treaties.
Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by sexkilzaphull: 3:18pm On Jul 09, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Mens-dept, please if you want to respond to that thing don't abuse Ijaws, as that's his aim on this site.

Cheers.

Hope this new found politeness is not for oil sake!?? grin grin #OilThings grin grin
Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by dayokanu(m): 3:23pm On Jul 09, 2013
Abagworo: Since this thread is based on speculation, I will give a hint on a possible outcome of the fantasy post Nigeria Igboland. Immediately Nigeria breaks up, Igbos will strategize on how to take back everything that was forcefully taken away from us and in that process a war will break out. Igbos will win the war being more intelligent and having far more population but the UN will intervene after years of fighting and a truce will be reached where a vote is cast to determine which country each area choses to belong. One of the conditions to be given by Igbos will be an uninterrupted access to sea before there will ever be peace.

Lol.

Very funny

Can any country mandate another country to give it access to anything?

Maybe Niger republic should mandate Nigeria to give it access to the Atlantic

Go ahead with your gutter digging project and delusions
Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by dolphinife: 4:59pm On Jul 09, 2013
reading all the comments here, may God have mercy on you people. You people are busy ranting and panting of dividing this country, your leaders are busy in abuja sharing and cutting the millions and billions.

FYI, from my research, you can never see a rich man to be discussing about Nigeria breaking....hell no. Its this poverty-minded poor individuals on Nairaland that are shouting and panting. I know the moment these imbeciles are called to abuja for contracts, they will never dream of Nigeria dividing again.

Am saying it and i will continue saying it, thousands of weddings and marriages are being carried out in Nigeria everyday. Nigerians are doing inter-tribal marriages and it would be very difficult for you to break this country. Our leaders have nationalistic mindset and they will never fall for this charade.

The moment that bastard called Lord Lugard joined us together, this country has gone into into inseperable marriage and no bastard dare seperate us.......you imbeciles footing and shooting nonsense from your mouths aparently cos you are poor or poverty-stricken should go to hell while your brothers continue to make money in Lagos and every other places in the world
Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by mensdept: 5:06pm On Jul 09, 2013
dolphinife: reading all the comments here, may God have mercy on you people. You people are busy ranting and panting of dividing this country, your leaders are busy in abuja sharing and cutting the millions and billions.

FYI, from my research, you can never see a rich man to be discussing about Nigeria breaking....hell no. Its this poverty-minded poor individuals on Nairaland that are shouting and panting. I know the moment these imbeciles are called to abuja for contracts, they will never dream of Nigeria dividing again.

Am saying it and i will continue saying it, thousands of weddings and marriages are being carried out in Nigeria everyday. Nigerians are doing inter-tribal marriages and it would be very difficult for you to break this country. Our leaders have nationalistic mindset and they will never fall for this charade.

The moment that bastard called Lord Lugard joined us together, this country has gone into into inseperable marriage and no bastard dare seperate us.......you imbeciles footing and shooting nonsense from your mouths aparently cos you are poor or poverty-stricken should go to hell while your brothers continue to make money in Lagos and every other places in the world

Looks who's joined us here to be "ranting". Are you not interested in this thread that you must have read and re-read over and over?

The country is a disgrace and yes, we can say that. If you travel to Nigeria, 1st of all you will need a white boy to get you there (aka British Airways, KLM, Lufthasa), then be greeted by very black faced immi officers looking gor bribe, then touts selling fake belts on the "highways" that will have you in traffic for hours and so on and so forth.

If you are in Naija, you will be looking to send your wife to America to give birth, or for medical checkup, or will be in a quack bar watching Ronaldo score goals, or perhaps get shot by a police officer for no reason.

So, if you dont have anything to say to advance the state of our people, then COMOT FROM HERE
Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by mensdept: 5:17pm On Jul 09, 2013
se.xkilza.phull:
If a girlfriend or wife or friend breaks friendship with you because you are not good enough now (for 1 million reasons, whatever), not that he/she is perfect or doing any better; why would you accept to give any benefit to such friend after the breakup for ANY reason, alliance, whether you are doing better or not? This is one of the things that will happen if Nigerian were to break-up. If everyone gets it right and make a good life for their people, nice! Whatever chances ibos have, other people also have. However, there will be lots of issues and then it will be too late to want to make alliances and friendships, for what? I think you are a good person but a breakup will FORCE the new countries to have every non-National removed from their country, this is reality. There is no law that can stop that from happening! Some of your people will be on the receiving end of the agitations of a few but it is what it is. Ibos will need MANY things and I know you have a lot of things too, just like any other new country coming out of Nigeria. However, you will NOT have access to the sea, the coastal states have NO OBLIGATION to allow you any access by road, water or air! Any unauthorized plane or vessel could be fired upon, this will be the reality. This limits your options economically (imports and exports), war and defence as well as several socio-economic consequences. Iboland grew palm kernels and made palm oil in the days of regionalism. You can go back to farming but where is the land? If you used all your land to farm, where will people live? Yes, you can import but from where? Since you will be boxed in, the cost of taxation could be quite punitive such that a big percentage of your monies is shared with states with coastal access or ports. They might demand as much as 40 - 50% of the value of the imports, but what choices would you have then?

I am very sure there will be conflicts around your borders for minorities will be always on edge to check any small encroachment on their lands. Being friends or allies will not be enough because it becomes an issue of two countries in negotiation - you MUST bring something to the table and that thing must be worth the other countries while. What will it be? I don't speak for the SW but I will SAY there should be no Ibos within our borders and in the lands of all those who may choose to be part of our country. With not less than 40 M Yorubas in Nigeria alone, the most educated, the most schooled, some of the most developed areas, lots of land for farming, access to several hundreds of KMs of Atlantic Shoreline, an already sophisticated people for more than 10,000 years, war history dating back over a 1,000 years, lots of accomplished people, myself included, what will the Ibos offer to the SW? Only Oyo State is about all the size of the SE. We have oil in Lagos, Ogun and Ondo State, HUGE oilfields offshore FOR US, un-mined gold deposits in Ilesha, one of the largest deposits of Oil Sands in Ondo State, the biggest and most famous educational institutions in Nigeria which are internationally recognized and for which highly trained foreign professors will be pleased to leave the West to go and teach and conduct research in our universities. There are airports in Lagos (should be 2 soon), 1 in Ibadan, 1 in Akure, 1 in Osun State. We can pick up to 4 capitals besides Lagos and designated them as our heavy industrial, oil and gas, administrative and culture capitals while Lagos will continue to be our business capital a la New York or London. Naturally, we have pride in the work of our Great grandfathers and Fathers, we love our lands, we can be welcoming and share them with our guests who MUST respect us and the heritage bequeathed to us! We will have a military capital, the most advanced military research and defence fortifications in the modern world, continuing a legacy of over 1,000 years of solid military history. FYI, the Aare Ona Kakanfo (War General) position of the Yorubas has been created for over 700 years, just to let you know this stuff is real.

What would we need from the Ibos? I can't speak for the northerners but I am sure even if they needed 1,000,000 things, they will NEVER accept or take anything from you people and we all know that an average Northerner doesn't like the Eastern Ibos. They also have an interesting culture, very content with what they have, usually care less about material possessions and they have enough land to grow food and water - they will LIVE for sure! For the adventurous of them, I will wager that if they think they are suffering and want someone to blame, it will be the Ibos, who they will view as the root cause of the break-up. Yes, I know every man's life is his responsibility and you cannot blame your neighbour if you are poor but when emotions rage, reason is out! This is why Hitler blamed the Jews for the loss of WW 1 and he organized genocide against them in WW 2 - he was WRONG! However, the damage would already would have been done. Organize protests, cry, shout, write letters, that will not wake-up people who will be victims. In current Nigeria, the Northerners know that the balance of power and action is not their exclusive prerogative. If a crazy leader wants to start war against any part of the country for no just reason, say north vs east, the can be absolutely SURE the Yoruba SW will not be supporting such madness! However in a broken country, we don't have to be bothered so far as you don't come close our lands or into those of our compatriots or people who might have allied with us and with whom we have treaties.

That there will be this and that, and that Yoruba will do this and do that is all a bunch of Ccock AAAAAAAAND Bull. The British came and did not find nor discover any sophisticated culture in Ife. Instead they saw a bunch of local blacks running around hiding in caves and in the bush.

Since 1960 till date, you would have thought that the "industrialized" Western region, who's eastern border voted to rightfully exit and create the Midwest and align with AZIKIWE, would have been Dubai of Africa, since no modern civil war was fought there, nor Islamic copy copy fanatics bombing everywhere.

Yet, nothing outside the already federally established territory of Lagos that even Hausa people have contributed more to its development than anyone else.

The truth is the day Nigeria returns to its original borders that even the British knew, the East stands to be not only better, but the best in West Africa. Yorubas will be better off true, because they dont have to play deputy to Fulani any more or fear Fulani will slap their face.

But based on what they have already done for the last 50 years with more states, allocations, representatives in government, indigenous political control of their region, they frankly cannot boast of being that far better than even Cross River State.

1 Like

Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by Obiora4life: 5:45pm On Jul 09, 2013
djon78:

true talk bro, the main issue is that many of these folks ranting here know nothing about International law. Imo river if dredged can contain ocean lineer vessels, like wise the Niger. So I dont understand the ranting of some of these folks about Igboland being landlocked, anyway they never seen anything yet, let Geometric company finish with there work in Aba and its environs, then we will unleash that undying Igbo spirit of ingenuity and take the world by storm.

You guys amaze me, how do you explain the Suez Canal in Egypt that is "MAN MADE"? How do you reconcile the Panama Canal via the Caribbean to the Atlantic Ocean? Many of the worlds shipping lanes where container vessels transverse are "MAN MADE", how do you reconcile that fact? The Suez was man made and stretches more than 100 miles long (almost the half distance from DC to NY) OR better yet, traveling at 50mph, it will take you two hrs to complete the trip, YET it has a width a lil over 1/10th of a mile (abt 650ft) in width.

An average SUV car measures about 16ft in length, so about 40 SUV's or about 16 40ft containers... What it means is that it can contain about two large container vessels side-by-side. When the Suez was built, it had a depth of 26ft, today it has a depth of 2.5x the depth, all MAN MADE, so I don't get your argument. Read more about the Suez (ONE WAY TRAFFIC), yet generates about $6billion annually.

According to the OP, his suggestion is simply creating deep waterway channels that will connect to the Atlantic Ocean, how is that a problem for you or better yet, how is that hard to understand? Yes, it will be costly, perhaps several hundreds of millions of $$$, or even maybe billions, but in economic benefit, it will pay off.

An average container ship pays about $250k to use the Suez, assuming that both SE/SS countries have the same agreement and charge quarter of same amount, multiply that by an average of one ship per day/7per week x 52 weeks, that is revenues up to $25million annually. This is only for international container traffic, you've not talked about other international traffic - oil and gas, dry bulk, chemical, etc. Then add local and domestic traffic, both countries will benefit from it immensely, so please drop your negativity.
Re: SE Will Have Access To The Sea If... by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 09, 2013
Everything in the SE and Nigeria will be sweeet if only Anambra state ceases to exist.

Gbam! grin wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

We Can Only Listen To Nnamdi Kanu- Niger Delta Avangers / Delta: Eddy Ogidi-Gbegbaje Used ₦52.6 Million To Buy Microphones In 2017 / Ex-Militants Threaten To Return To Creeks, Demand Entitlements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 209
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.