Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor (14194 Views)

Searching For Fashola's Achievements / NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office / Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by Delafruita(m): 1:52pm On Jul 07, 2013
Gbawes: This will probably be the scenario:
1)Remi will emerge the consensus candidate after Tinubu have created small chaos in ACN lagos.
2)She decided to contest because of the overwhelming pressure from Lagosians.

I can almost predict the headline in The Nation : "Remi to Save Lagos", "Lagos Loves Remi" Remi to give BJ to all adult males in Lagos" etc.
there is one thing people fail to realise,asiwaju bola ahmed tinubu is a very wise politician.call him crooked,call him a despot or call him a thief but you cant take away his strategic mind.asiwaju rode on the back of fashola's performance in lagos to grow the ACN into what it is today.the party has been able to make inroads into other states because of his singular action of "imposing" fashola on lagos.other ACN governors are performing but the reality is such performance cannot be as visible as lagos so in essence lagos is the major selling point of the ACN and the future APc.do you really think asiwaju will play kalo-kalo with lagos?

lagos is the key to everything asiwaju wants and no matter how desirous he is to have his wife in lugard house,his interests definitely outweigh such desires.they will pick someone who will have the ability to continue from where fashola stopped
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by mbulela: 2:03pm On Jul 07, 2013
this was the same way they started out denying Aswiaju's daughter inheriting her grandma's posts. They have started again. Tinubu's greed seems insatiable,so nothing will surprise me,
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by mbulela: 2:06pm On Jul 07, 2013
Delafruita:
there is one thing people fail to realise,asiwaju bola ahmed tinubu is a very wise politician.call him crooked,call him a despot or call him a thief but you cant take away his strategic mind.asiwaju rode on the back of fashola's performance in lagos to grow the ACN into what it is today.the party has been able to make inroads into other states because of his singular action of "imposing" fashola on lagos.other ACN governors are performing but the reality is such performance cannot be as visible as lagos so in essence lagos is the major selling point of the ACN and the future APc.do you really think asiwaju will play kalo-kalo with lagos?

lagos is the key to everything asiwaju wants and no matter how desirous he is to have his wife in lugard house,his interests definitely outweigh such desires.they will pick someone who will have the ability to continue from where fashola stopped

I see your point but the crux of the matter is that he wants an able governor he can trust for obvious reasons. Fashola just got on with the business of running the state and developing it while leaving the politics and money sharing to Tinubu. the problem now is that most of the interested parties in the race are too street wise to accept such an arrangement besides Tinubu is not even sure of their ability (BRF has set the bar so high). SO let us see how he rolls the dice.

1 Like

Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by Gbawe: 2:09pm On Jul 07, 2013
plaindealer:

Regardless of your Tinubu rants and fixation, Tinubu can not force Lagosians to the polls talk less making them vote for anybody, the ultimate power and decision rests with the lagos voters and electorates.

Personally, I'd love to see her run because she's capable and qualified just like the many many other skilled and talented folks Lagos state is blessed with.

This is the bottom line. The Party must still present a candidate acceptable to the Lagos electorate and that candidate, for many reasons, is not Remi Tinubu in my opinion.
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by plaindealer: 2:09pm On Jul 07, 2013
mbulela: this was the same way they started out denying Aswiaju's daughter inheriting her grandma's posts. They have started again. Tinubu's greed seems insatiable,so nothing will surprise me,

He was obviously very greedy when he gave us the best governor in Nigeria and even if it was greed, I hope and pray he gets greedy again and give us another best in Nigeria. Amen.

1 Like

Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by plaindealer: 2:20pm On Jul 07, 2013
Gbawe:

This is the bottom line. The Party must still present a candidate acceptable to the Lagos electorate and that candidate, for many reasons, is not Remi Tinubu in my opinion.

Sadly, Remi is out of the race and she's not even interested. She's doing great as a senator and the state really need to keep her in the senate at least for now.

The problem is not lack of skilled and credible candidates, it's basically availability of too many skilled and credible candidates and just like Tinubu, I'm sure Fashola's right man for the is one of them.

Either way it goes, I'm sure they'll come up with another great administrator and public servant because they all know what's at stake.
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by Gbawe: 2:30pm On Jul 07, 2013
mbulela:

I see your point but the crux of the matter is that he wants an able governor he can trust for obvious reasons. Fashola just got on with the business of running the state and developing it while leaving the politics and money sharing to Tinubu. the problem now is that most of the interested parties in the race are too street wise to accept such an arrangement besides Tinubu is not even sure of their ability (BRF has set the bar so high). SO let us see how he rolls the dice.

This may be true but have you kept up with the administration of Lagos to note some of the outstanding technocrats now involved in driving the State forward? Fashola has far more 'unsung heroes' available to him than Tinubu did when he chose the then unknown Fashola as his preferred successor. Folks should not worry about Lagos because an able candidate will emerge in the end as the ACN candidate and eventual Governor of Lagos.
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by mbulela: 2:33pm On Jul 07, 2013
Gbawe:

The truth is that the plans for Lagos are fairly complex. The person to step in must be up to speed, as an involved and key member team player, with everything going on. I actually like Igbokwe. His 'bruiser' style may not be to everyone's taste but he gets it right saying that the problem of Nigeria can be placed at the door of Parties presenting unfit/undeserving candidates, for very important position, who will then bring everyone down to their mediocre level.

You also like the way he lied and misled the public during the recent Market leader's nepotistic appointment?
You inability to detach your ACN affiliation in discussions are increasingly worrying.
What is their to like about Igbokwe? He just makes endless noises,yet his pay master is proving not to be much different from the clueless one we have been saddled with as president. Tinubu may not be as clueless as GEJ (in fact he is exceedingly intelligent)but his greed and insatiable desire is as destructive as the ineptness of GEJ.
Igbokwe is no better than Abati and Okupe.
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by Aderostock(m): 2:36pm On Jul 07, 2013
This is what president of Christian welfare initiative said about Tinubu:

Archbishop Atilade of the Anglican Diocese and president of the Christian Welfare Initiative (CWI),
has described national leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) and
former Lagos State governor, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, as a dogged fighter and a champion of good causes.
“Tinubu is fighting for all Nigerians and we need more people like him in this country”, Archbishop Atilades aid when he paid a condolence visit to the leader of the All Progressive Congress (APC) over the death of his
mother, Alhaja Abibat Asabi Mogaji. The clergyman expressed concern over the level of poverty and waste in the public sector. “Is Nigeria
under a curse? No! We need good leadership to deliver us”. He identified the likes of Tinubu as
having the qualities required for good leadership in the country. “You have people that can stand behind you at all times,” he told Tinubu.
Atilade described the late Alhaja Mogaji as a “righteous woman who never discriminated against any religion or tribe”.
Quoting from the Bible, he said, “The memory of the righteous is everlasting. She was a mobiliser per excellence, one who touched the lives of many people and played a pivotal role in what became the successful campaign of the primary
health programme in Nigeria today. “Mama was passionate and compassionate. She showed burden for others and kindness in attitude,
words and deeds. Alhaja Abibat was her brother’s and sister’s keeper and a staunch supporter of what was just”, he said.

http://leadership.ng/news/070713/tinubu-dogged-fighter-bishop
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by mbulela: 2:37pm On Jul 07, 2013
Gbawe:

This may be true but have you kept up with the administration of Lagos to note some of the outstanding technocrats now involved in driving the State forward? Fashola has far more 'unsung heroes' available to him than Tinubu did when he chose the then unknown Fashola as his preferred successor. Folks should not worry about Lagos because an able candidate will emerge in the end as the ACN candidate and eventual Governor of Lagos.
I know aboutsome of those unsung heroes. The issue is whether BAT is willing to trust them and if they are willing to be technocrats and leave the side business to the manor of Bordillion? That is the crux of the matter. One thing is certain, Tinubu is too intelligent to trust the likes of the present House of Assembly speaker and even the rumoured senator Ashafa.
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by mbulela: 2:40pm On Jul 07, 2013
Aderostock:

Archbishop Atilade of the Anglican Diocese and president of the Christian Welfare Initiative (CWI),
former Lagos State governor, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, as a dogged fighter and a champion of good causes.
“Tinubu is fighting for all Nigerians and we need more people like him in this country”, Archbishop Atilades aid when he paid a condolence visit to the leader of the All Progressive Congress (APC) over the death of his
mother, Alhaja Abibat Asabi Mogaji. The clergyman expressed concern over the level of poverty and waste in the public sector. “Is Nigeria
under a curse? No! We need good leadership to deliver us”. He identified the likes of Tinubu as
having the qualities required for good leadership in the country. “You have people that can stand behind you at all times,” he told Tinubu.
Atilade described the late Alhaja Mogaji as a “righteous woman who never discriminated against any religion or tribe”.
Quoting from the Bible, he said, “The memory of the righteous is everlasting. She was a mobiliser per excellence, one who touched the lives of many people and played a pivotal role in what became the successful campaign of the primary
health programme in Nigeria today. “Mama was passionate and compassionate. She showed burden for others and kindness in attitude,
words and deeds. Alhaja Abibat was her brother’s and sister’s keeper and a staunch supporter of what was just”, he said.

http://leadership.ng/news/070713/tinubu-dogged-fighter-bishop
If the man used the phrase in bold,then i doubt he is a Christian. His daftness as a supposed Christian is overwhelming.
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by mbulela: 2:43pm On Jul 07, 2013
Aderostock:

mother, Alhaja Abibat Asabi Mogaji. The clergyman expressed concern over the level of poverty and waste in the public sector.
I agree with him that we need more men like Tinubu but at the same time we need to highlight and curtail his excesses. If left unchecked, the man and his kind can wreck more havoc(if given power at the center) than an inept GEJ and his wife are already doing.
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by maximunimpact(m): 3:01pm On Jul 07, 2013
Chinom: Maybe an Igbo man is needed this time around. This is my thinking and i no get the time or MBs to reply to any i.diotic comment.

An Igbo governor will do wonders for Lagos.

Yea Lagos is the most advanced state in Nigeria, just like USA, a black is president, it will be easier 4 an igbo man to rule Lagos than Nigeria.
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by Aderostock(m): 3:09pm On Jul 07, 2013
TINUBU: A dogged fighter

Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by Olaone1: 3:14pm On Jul 07, 2013
Na ACN or Tinubu dey do d search?

Tinubu don anoint one tey tey lipsrsealed
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by Olaone1: 3:16pm On Jul 07, 2013
BTW, Joe Igbokwe is an unrepentant liar.

He said this about the position of Iyaloja. He lied.

https://www.nairaland.com/1337448/traders-grumble-tinubu-daughter-succeeds
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by Gbawe: 3:46pm On Jul 07, 2013
mbulela:
You also like the way he lied and misled the public during the recent Market leader's nepotistic appointment?
You inability to detach your ACN affiliation in discussions are increasingly worrying.
What is their to like about Igbokwe? He just makes endless noises,yet his pay master is proving not to be much different from the clueless one we have been saddled with as president. Tinubu may not be as clueless as GEJ (in fact he is exceedingly intelligent)but his greed and insatiable desire is as destructive as the ineptness of GEJ.
Igbokwe is no better than Abati and Okupe.

Let us stop this sentimental pursuit of an issue mainly driven by emotions and not much facts. You know damn well that you are lying against Igbokwe in so far as you cannot prove conclusively , with facts, that Tinubu or his Party interfered with the process that produced the new Iyaloja. All you have is conjecture.

Igbokwe said the ACN has other things to do , towards 2015, than be involved with who becomes Iyaloja. Can you show us the lie there? Did you see the members of the Party running around flying Iyaloja banners or is it the PDP and posters like you who made everything about Tinubu and the ACN? Is it not, viewed factually and without sentiments, you and others who continue to insist hollowly that the opposite of what Igbokwe said is true when you have no facts at all to back this assertion? Disappointingly, you don't seem to understand that the most effectively useful citizens do not work with suspicion and 'gut instinct' - however strong such is. They simply, in the end, defer to what can be proven by facts available.

1 Like

Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by funshint(m): 3:51pm On Jul 07, 2013
Danhumprey: I hate picking fight and quarrel with somebody online. You really didn't understand who I was referring to. For ur info,I didn't say the party should or should not find a successor. What I mean was,why should they have to find a successor? Why not leave the people(the electorate,Lagosians themselves) to choose who they want to govern them after Barrister Fashola is done with his tenure. The party are only to present suitable candidates to electorate and not to make it look as if they are looking for a godson,whom they favour,and force that same person on Lagosians as the topic connote. Let there be freedom of speech and freedom to elect their leaders. Clearly,you didn't understand who i was referring to as "the people". It's clear who is stupid now.
Wat are U̶̲̥̅̊ saying nah "Dumb"prey?!!!
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by Olaone1: 3:56pm On Jul 07, 2013
undecided
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by plaindealer: 4:27pm On Jul 07, 2013
Ola one: BTW, Joe Igbokwe is an unrepentant liar.

He said this about the position of Iyaloja. He lied.

https://www.nairaland.com/1337448/traders-grumble-tinubu-daughter-succeeds

So, did TINUBU appointed his daughter or the Association did?

The association appointed his daughter because as the deputy, she was next in line so it sounds like you are the liar here...
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by PStacks(m): 5:03pm On Jul 07, 2013
grin grin ACN search no more.. I'm here.
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 07, 2013
Gbawes: Remi Tinubu will emerge the ACN candidate.
lol gbawe is giving an impostor sleepless nights
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by Sweetlemon(f): 5:54pm On Jul 07, 2013
plaindealer:

He was obviously very greedy when he gave us the best governor in Nigeria and even if it was greed, I hope and pray he gets greedy again and give us another best in Nigeria. Amen.

Lol! Abi o!
Tinubu please be VERY greedy this time o!
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by COMPAQ(m): 6:37pm On Jul 07, 2013
They should search well o. Lagos cannot afford a dimwit governor. Fasola was better than tinubu and we now need someone that will be better than Fasola.
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by Gbawe: 6:40pm On Jul 07, 2013
COMPAQ: They should search well o. Lagos cannot afford a dimwit governor. Fasola was better than tinubu and we now need someone that will be better than Fasola.

I agree and I like your ambitious thinking. Fashola can be in the background as an advisor to the new Governor.
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by jackymfon: 6:42pm On Jul 07, 2013
I hope fashola comes out for presidency oh
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by mbulela: 8:35pm On Jul 07, 2013
Gbawe:

Let us stop this sentimental pursuit of an issue mainly driven by emotions and not much facts. You know damn well that you are lying against Igbokwe in so far as you cannot prove conclusively , with facts, that Tinubu or his Party interfered with the process that produced the new Iyaloja. All you have is conjecture.

Igbokwe said the ACN has other things to do , towards 2015, than be involved with who becomes Iyaloja. Can you show us the lie there? Did you see the members of the Party running around flying Iyaloja banners or is it the PDP and posters like you who made everything about Tinubu and the ACN? Is it not, viewed factually and without sentiments, you and others who continue to insist hollowly that the opposite of what Igbokwe said is true when you have no facts at all to back this assertion? Disappointingly, you don't seem to understand that the most effectively useful citizens do not work with suspicion and 'gut instinct' - however strong such is. They simply, in the end, defer to what can be proven by facts available.
What a weak defence. My respect for your views began to diminish the day you chose to weakly defend that nepotistic act of Asiwaju. So until we see members of the ACN running around with Iyaloja banners, Tinubu is not involved? Such simplistic explanation! Kindly educate us on what other qualifications the lady has to occupy the President General position she just inherited?
This is no different to the sycophantic Perm Sec position bestowed on an illiterate woman called Patience Jonathan. The lady in question is she even a market woman in the first place?
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by Olaone1: 9:43pm On Jul 07, 2013
plaindealer:

So, did TINUBU appointed his daughter or the Association did?

The association appointed his daughter because as the deputy, she was next in line so it sounds like you are the liar here...
undecided
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by olaheavy1: 9:46pm On Jul 07, 2013
Chinom: Maybe an Igbo man is needed this time around. This is my thinking and i no get the time or MBs to reply to any i.diotic comment.

An Igbo governor will do wonders for Lagos.
Maybe Ibo governors should first "do wonders" in Ibo land where they belong to - we're talking about the Yorubaland here, please.
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by Gbawe: 9:55pm On Jul 07, 2013
mbulela:
What a weak defence. My respect for your views began to diminish the day you chose to weakly defend that nepotistic act of Asiwaju. So until we see members of the ACN running around with Iyaloja banners, Tinubu is not involved? Such simplistic explanation! Kindly educate us on what other qualifications the lady has to occupy the President General position she just inherited?
This is no different to the sycophantic Perm Sec position bestowed on an illiterate woman called Patience Jonathan. The lady in question is she even a market woman in the first place?

I don't care for your respect because you have shown yourself to be another who cannot defer to fact and is incapable of separating emotion and sentiments from what reality shows can be proven and accepted as the authoritative state of affairs. All you do is continue to flog a dead horse and invite reasonable folks to join you in your imaginary witch hunt. When they do not wish to do so, you then talk of losing respect for their views as if anyone can respect your obstinate, senseless and anarchic disposition

The highest authority amongst Stakeholders have come out to say they chose the lady themselves willingly as Iyaloja yet that is not good enough for people like you totally outside the process plus professionally and personally dissociated from the group in consideration. Do you not think you are the one not worthy of the respect of even a 5 year old child with your open disrespect for others who are stakeholders and have repeatedly asked you to respect a decision they took willingly ?

You can say I defend nepotism, when it is obvious such an assertion is ultimately a figment of your imagination, but I can say it is anarchic, egotistic and vainglorious mentality such as yours that has littered Nigeria with ALUU-minded murderers, lynch mobs and summary executioners. What else do you want to do when those who are involved have told you repeatedly that they acted of their own freewill?
Can you simply not accord them the benefit of the doubt since, to most mentally advanced individuals, no other option is tenable?

You are the one not worthy of respect because you do not appreciate that the loftiest standard to aspire to is one that seee everyone, whatever their opinion and however strongly they entertain such, deferring to constitutional authority always. You are nothing but an anarchist deep down. Shove your respect where the Sun does not shine abeg.
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by Olaone1: 9:57pm On Jul 07, 2013
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided
Re: ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor by olaheavy1: 10:00pm On Jul 07, 2013
mbulela:
Why are you taking Advil when someone else is suffering from headache? We are talking about the markets in Lagos - a Yoruba state - now. Please, contribute your quota when the forum touches on Aba, Onitsha, Okrika, and other markets in Ibo land. SMH.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Jonathan Visits President Ibrahim Keita Of Mali (photo) / Buruji Kashamu Donates N2.5Million For Kidney Transplant Of A Patient - Photos / Ondo: Peter Fasua Steps Down For Governor Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.