Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,731 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

What You Wear To Church Really Matter? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What You Wear To Church Really Matter? (13029 Views)

Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Another Minus 1 For Lord`s Chosen How The Church Really Spread Accross / Is Catholic Church Really The Problem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by vizboy(m): 11:48am On Jul 07, 2013
Op to answer your question. If you should see me dress majestically like the pix below going to church what would you say.

1 Like

Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by point5: 11:49am On Jul 07, 2013
It realy matters a lot.so bcareful what u wia 2 church..sssssss
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by Destinymmi: 11:49am On Jul 07, 2013
It matters alot
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 07, 2013
yuzedo: god hate g-string pant. Arpat from dat, anytin u ware is ok. Tenk. smiley

yes o. Dats mai horseban talking. He only paymeat me to wear g string in d manshun but nut two church.
I lof u dear Yuzedo.

1 Like

Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by julioralph(m): 11:52am On Jul 07, 2013
yes it does.
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by k2039: 11:53am On Jul 07, 2013
[img]http://cdn.meme.li/instances/300x300/39484665.jpg[/img]

Only a fool of the first order will think it doesn't matter what one wears to church

1 Like

Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 07, 2013
Dress decently. In my own church, trousers, gowns, skirts are allowed even if you don't cover hair you'd be allowed inside the church but I cover my hair cos its the right thing. And I wouldn't want to dress in such way that would people stare. Just dress classy but DECENT
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 07, 2013
Sijo01: To church or anywhere at all, dress the way you want to be address.
!!

1 Like

Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 07, 2013
It shouldn't matter, as long as you're comfortable in it and you're there to worship God. smiley
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by sobaemma(m): 11:59am On Jul 07, 2013
Before God no,before man yes,even the pope and bishop,cus the way u dress depends on the way u be address,imagine wearing vest and boxer dancing front of the bishop,imagine what would be running on his mind,'am sure is that brother john that brought mad man to today's service'but God knows this my son dont have the money,HOPE I ANSWERED UR QUESTION
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by kuchikau: 12:00pm On Jul 07, 2013
texanomaly:
I don't believe God cares what you wear, as long as you go. I believe it is a matter of respect though. I have enough respect for God to dress respectfully. My opinion of what is respectful my differ from someone else.

....i pity u

1 Like

Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by Chitexs250(m): 12:00pm On Jul 07, 2013
MrsYuzedo:

yes o. Dats mai horsebao talking. He only paymeat me to wear g string in d manshun but nut two church.
I lof u dear Yuzedo.

Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 07, 2013
Just dress appropriately, wherever you go
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by Neob04(m): 12:02pm On Jul 07, 2013
This whole thing has to do with modesty. And God judge us base on our personal relationship with him not merely by what you put on.
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by kuchikau: 12:03pm On Jul 07, 2013
mechummy: Dress decently. In my own church, trousers, gowns, skirts are allowed even if you don't cover hair you'd be allowed inside the church but I cover my hair cos its the right thing. And I wouldn't want to dress in such way that would people stare. Just dress classy but DECENT
...ooo what a generation.
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by holypower(m): 12:03pm On Jul 07, 2013
The Bible is not joking when it says "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s." (1 Corinthians 6:19-20). What you wear can defile your body. Yyou are bought with a price, you are to dress according to the will of GOD and not anyhow. There must be a different between a Believer and an unbeliever in everything bboth in dressing. Believers are not to dress anyhow as prostitutes does.listen. What you wear matters more than a lot"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s." (1 Corinthians 6:19-20).]

1 Like

Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 07, 2013
texanomaly:
I don't believe God cares what you wear, as long as you go. I believe it is a matter of respect though. I have enough respect for God to dress respectfully. My opinion of what is respectful my differ from someone else.

So true
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by PStacks(m): 12:05pm On Jul 07, 2013
You will be addressed the way and manner you are Dressed.

You cannot sow rice and reap beans. Life is cause and effect. Actions and Reactions.

If u are a saint but loves to dress like a prostitute, I address us as that saintly prostitute. Shikena.
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by adecore: 12:07pm On Jul 07, 2013
Don't dress at all,this way you don't offend anybody grin Best answer to foolish question
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by mufasapapasanta(m): 12:07pm On Jul 07, 2013
texanomaly:
Bros! Then wear boxes or better still naked Go church,
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by holypower(m): 12:09pm On Jul 07, 2013
Amaaskia:

So true

[s]
Amaaskia:

So true

[/s]
Amaaskia:

So true
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by holypower(m): 12:09pm On Jul 07, 2013
Amaaskia:

So true

[s]
Amaaskia:

So true

[/s]
Amaaskia:

So true

pls it matters
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by mufasapapasanta(m): 12:10pm On Jul 07, 2013
It those matter!
Amaaskia:

So true
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 07, 2013
holypower:

pls it matters

101 obvious reasons why you're not the pastor of my church. Mtchew
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 07, 2013
mufasapapasanta: It those matter!

You mean 'does'.
You're welcome dear and yes I studied english in the university, explains why I can't bear to see you hurt the language.
smiley
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by scaler345: 12:17pm On Jul 07, 2013
I thought it was said that god cares only about what's going on in our heart and he gives no fvck about what we wear outwardly?

And by the way, god must have an infra-red vision, so he sees whatever lies under grin .... just my opinion.
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by Jhydey192(m): 12:18pm On Jul 07, 2013
texanomaly:
wat u wear is a function of ur inside. U cnt put hot water in a bottle and xpect d outside to be cold nd vice versa. So, it matters

Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by Btruth: 12:20pm On Jul 07, 2013
I think anything that is moderate is good. There's no point showing off in the presence of the Lord. He respect people with humble heart anyway.
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 07, 2013
Enough of d stupid saying that church is in d mind when u r dreesed like a hooker to d house of God! This is whr I give kudos to my nortern sisters(both xtian nd muslims).My dear it realy matters o! Even when not goin to church."the way u dress is the way u are addressed" and trust me,its true.my mum always told me "dress decently so if som1 looks for ur trouble pple will help u out" and truly oneday(in lag)one of those drivers hit me and started shouting and calling me a prostitute!cuz he was a tout,I was scared to come out of d car until a small crowd gathered but when I got out of d car ,decently dressed and less makeup on, d crowd supported me and faced him especialy 4 callin me a prostitute! My dear since that day decency became my watchword!not to talk of goin to church!
Some ladies in my parish, asokoro catholic church and Maitama even some parish in Lagos, dress like they r goin clubbin or partying and they can't try it in d east and north(dnt knw much abt d catholic church in d west),them no born u well to try am,even thou ur father gives 5million,u will be thrown out if u don't turn back when asked to.
U musnt wear mary-amaka to be decent but ur dresses should be on d knee and below,not too tight especialy if u have a big backside and pls hide that dirty armpit and cover up d flabby arm!!and pls cover ur hair,we knw its brazillian and Arabian!

STOP DISTRACTING MEN IN CHURCH!cuz na u God go punish for their sin(d sin of looking)lol!Happy Sunday

3 Likes

Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by bknight: 12:28pm On Jul 07, 2013
It began to matter since the days when going to church became a social affair. Fortunately, those days are these days.

I just don't like churches where women are not cautioned of their dressings. Too short dresses, too much cleavage exposed in church, clothes too tight. These cause distractions.
If its not sexy wearing a loose fitting clothing to a wedding reception, then its not churchly wearing a tight fitting clothing to church.

Unfortunately, our MoG can not openly chastise these on the pulpit, for if less of them come, there'll be less to count out of the offering/tight boxes.

What a shame! undecided

2 Likes

Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by holypower(m): 12:29pm On Jul 07, 2013
Amaaskia:

101 obvious reasons why you're not the pastor of my church. Mtchew

if your pastor didnt tell you that it matters then knw that he is a false pastor because he don't preach the word from the Bible. The one am saying here is not my word but it is the word from GOD

1 Like

Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by Zamizoni(m): 12:29pm On Jul 07, 2013
jackbauersballs: I don't know why...
Adam and Eve were always naked in the presence of God

Besides God sees everything...even when we baff

So I don't see why we cant go to God's house naked undecided

SINCE YOU SEE NOTING BAD IN IT, PLEASE DONT WAIT TILL NEXT WEEK SUNDAY TO PRACTICE IT, GO TO WORK OR SCHOOL TOMORROW NAKED, JUST CARRY YA BAG, PHONE, CAR KEY COMMOT FOR HOUSE AND FACE OFFICE OR SCHOOL , NO FORGET TO QUOTE THE BIBLE WERE U SEE ADAM AND EVE NAKED TO ANYONE WHO COMPLAINS OR TRY TO TAKE U TO ARO OR WARD 7cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Is Indaboski Pahose??? / Valentine Celebration Is Forbidden In Christianity / As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.