Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

What You Wear To Church Really Matter? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What You Wear To Church Really Matter? (13028 Views)

Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Another Minus 1 For Lord`s Chosen How The Church Really Spread Accross / Is Catholic Church Really The Problem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 07, 2013
It does matters alot.... Especially wen ladies wear cloths dat expose part of their body, it does affect church guyz
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by dependablejesus: 5:22pm On Jul 07, 2013
Christianity has its own culture,its a religion of holiness and is meant for people who are circumcised in heart ,so anybody who is not ready to go to church to worship God should just stay at home,nobody is begging anybody to come whichever way he or she is to distract the people of God,for God sake this madness should stop,
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by dependablejesus: 5:24pm On Jul 07, 2013
ADA JESUS
Christianity has its own culture,its a religion of holiness and is meant for people who are circumcised in heart ,so anybody who is not ready to go to church to worship God should just stay at home,nobody is begging anybody to come whichever way he or she is to distract the people of God,for God sake this madness should stop,
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 07, 2013
as long as you're not wearing G-strings, then no qualms!
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by PrettySpicey(f): 7:10pm On Jul 07, 2013
I do believe it does certainly matter how you dress to church. The church is the temple of God, the Most High and how we conduct ourselves in His Presence is of the utmost importance and this begins from our dress code. Besides that, if you are a woman you have the sanity of your Pastor/Priest to think about.
But in any case since we are always in the Presence of God, I also think that how you dress at all times matters.

1 Like

Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by FarmTech(m): 7:37pm On Jul 07, 2013
peedeeasobie: Does what u wear to church matter to God? Yes!
If what u are wearing is shabby, God will be concerned that u don't have a good clothe.
Will u go to hell because of what u wore to church? NO! Are pple seduced because of a girl's dressing to church? NO, NEVER! E.g. If u see a girl dat is wearing a mini skirt and u are feeling seduced, what if u are told that the same girl has mental problem with HIV, will u still feel seduced? I doubt it. Seduction is not external but internal. U are tempted of ur lust not external wears.
Which states have the highest incident of rapes? Northern states. What do their ladies wear? They cover everything from head to toe but it hasn't stopped seduction and rape.
You don't really understand what seduction really means. You can be seduced by what you see. What you see can control your thought.
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by holypower(m): 8:31pm On Jul 07, 2013
FarmTech:
You don't really understand what seduction really means. You can be seduced by what you see. What you see can control your thought.
pls tell him! Can a blind man be seduced? No. Because He can't see. English knows why this word seduction was made. From what you see, it goes to the heart. And men can be seduced by women wearing mini skirt. Women knws why they are wearing mini skirt because it seduces men and thats true. Thats why mini skirt is always worn by harlots to attract men.
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by georgeehis(m): 10:18pm On Jul 07, 2013
Jehovah's Witnesses do well in this regard!

1 Like

Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by dokia: 1:43am On Jul 08, 2013
nope!
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by Legit: 2:28am On Jul 08, 2013
Krasid: There have been lot of cases of people saying what you wear to church matters a lot.But does it really matter since we all go for the same purpose.What is your opinion.
It matter o, if no matter, how is the pastor going 2 c the yansh from cross leg in the front row. How abt all the butt shaking called praise dancing. Pastor no blind they want 2 c cleaverage and revealing clothes. Body no b wood.
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by Legit: 2:32am On Jul 08, 2013
Orikinla: [size=28pt]YES.

You don't dress like a club girl to church.[/size]
Why not, Churches are one big club, where you pay to enter and dancing and pkup meat. It is a meat market. Some churches looks like a strip club
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by Nobody: 4:17am On Jul 08, 2013
Orikinla: [size=28pt]YES.

You don't dress like a club girl to church.[/size]

Sharap, u sabi bible pass oyibo man wen write am? Nigerians should face reality. There are many important things to correct in Christianity not dressing.
The question should be: why are we hypocrites?.
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by MSQUARE28(m): 8:11am On Jul 08, 2013
Wat u wear 2 church does'nt matter ur faith matters. I learnt of a church whrby a lady was sent back home because of wat she wore 2 church, sayn dr pastor wife wear d same material 2 church dat sunday. Wat abt datWat u wear 2 church does'nt matter ur faith matters. I learnt of a church whrby a lady was sent back home because of wat she wore 2 church, sayn dr pastor wife wear d same material 2 church dat sunday. Wat abt datWat u wear 2 church does'nt matter ur faith matters. I learnt of a church whrby a lady was sent back home because of wat she wore 2 church, sayn dr pastor wife wear d same material 2 church dat sunday. Wat abt dat
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by holypower(m): 8:14am On Jul 08, 2013
MSQUARE28: Wat u wear 2 church does'nt matter ur faith matters. I learnt of a church whrby a lady was sent back home because of wat she wore 2 church, sayn dr pastor wife wear d same material 2 church dat sunday. Wat abt datWat u wear 2 church does'nt matter ur faith matters. I learnt of a church whrby a lady was sent back home because of wat she wore 2 church, sayn dr pastor wife wear d same material 2 church dat sunday. Wat abt datWat u wear 2 church does'nt matter ur faith matters. I learnt of a church whrby a lady was sent back home because of wat she wore 2 church, sayn dr pastor wife wear d same material 2 church dat sunday. Wat abt dat

we are not talking about pastors wife or Church... Talk from your Bible. Dressing is different from faith and faith means believing in CHRIST but dressing means what you put on
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by donodion(m): 8:28am On Jul 08, 2013
texanomaly:
I don't believe God cares what you wear, as long as you go. I believe it is a matter of respect though. I have enough respect for God to dress respectfully. My opinion of what is respectful my differ from someone else.

Shall we attend the next church service together my dear.And this time,you are to wear just the new see through PJ I'll buy for you,since it doesn't matter 'you' wear to church.
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by lawal123: 9:42am On Jul 08, 2013
That's one of the different between islam and any other religion in the world, islam has code of dress for male and famale no matter where you are talkless of holy places, that's what tell us that islam is the best religion in the world, islam teach us everything even the way you eat your food, you must follow a rule that is provided by islam.
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by bunmit(m): 12:06pm On Jul 08, 2013
Krasid: There have been lot of cases of people saying what you wear to church matters a lot.But does it really matter since we all go for the same purpose.What is your opinion.

yes, it really matters. Our spiritual level differs, guys are moved by what dey see and bible let us knw dat if we lead anyone astray, the blame is on us
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by GboyegaD(m): 12:15pm On Jul 08, 2013
I think it depends on what you wear and the environment you live in. Remember Apos. Paul said "If eating meat will make my brother stumble, then I rather not eat meat". An environment like ours where our minds are not so exposed, wearing a bump short to church for instance can make brothers commit fornication in thier minds etc.
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by ochesco64(m): 4:13pm On Jul 08, 2013
it does....the bible says do not lead your brother into sin... wat u wear may lead someone into lost...
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by okomonny(m): 4:33pm On Jul 08, 2013
I believe in life anything U will do that will either inconvenience others is wrong to do such. wearing reckless cloth to anywhere has its implication. however wearing rags to church will definitely distract others so therefore act politely and dress decently
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by FarmTech(m): 1:04am On Jul 13, 2013
GboyegaD: I think it depends on what you wear and the environment you live in. Remember Apos. Paul said "If eating meat will make my brother stumble, then I rather not eat meat". An environment like ours where our minds are not so exposed, wearing a bump short to church for instance can make brothers commit fornication in thier minds etc.
pls when it comes to morals, donLt lk at whites or people dat try to mimic them. Your environment or not, dress modestly to church and outside church. Your environment can change and become like sodom. Don't say bc evry one is naked, so it is normal. Sin is sin, no matter hw many people are involve in it.
Re: What You Wear To Church Really Matter? by tpia5: 11:16pm On Oct 01, 2013
i think people should attend churches they are comfortable with.

for example, if you dont feel comfortable not exposing your body when dressing, i'm sure there are churches where people dress revealingly with no eyebrows being raised.

instead of going to a church and not getting anything from the service save a bad attitude because all of you are looking at each other with bad eye [you looking at them nastily because you feel out of place with your skimpy outfit or because you feel constrained by not showing your cleavage and butt, and them looking at you as a hooker who is simply in church to scout for customers], why not stick with a church where you wont be thinking about your dressing the whole service.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Valentine Celebration Is Forbidden In Christianity / As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? / Who Is Indaboski Pahose???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.