Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,281 members, 7,839,386 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy (95745 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by mko2005: 10:45am On Jul 08, 2013
texaco1: why is everyone taking this matter so serious ?the couple did nothing wrong . i guess they are just been haunted by their own people .
This is what the couples did wrong :
Romans 13:1-8
Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves.For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same; for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil. Therefore it is necessary to be in subjection, not only because of wrath, but also for conscience’ sake. For because of this you also pay taxes, for rulers are servants of God, devoting themselves to this very thing.Render to all what is due them: tax to whom tax is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor.

Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law.

The only time we are not to be subject to authorities is when their laws contradicts the word of God like the case of the three Hebrew Children,Shedrack,Meshack and Abednego who refuSed to bow down to the Babylonia gods !
The big question now should be wether the traditions or doctrines contradicts the word of God? In my opinion it's No since we were not told that to dress moderately is sinful !
God help us

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by yame014: 10:51am On Jul 08, 2013
[quote author=naijaboyof4life]

They sinned against God.
Straightening of hair
Gold wearing, basically, lack of humility is sin before God because lack of humility is a proud look and God hates
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by mko2005: 10:58am On Jul 08, 2013
Pls remove (s)from the couple for me !

God help us
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Immortality(m): 11:15am On Jul 08, 2013
Nobody is condemning the couple, just that the DL GS should practice what he's preaching. What is good for the goose is also good for the gander. How do you expect the other members that were punished for the way their children felt like dressing on their wedding day feel, just like these ones. Were they punished, limited in the church activities of even ridiculed? Please let all concerned resign NOW.

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Bisugee: 11:21am On Jul 08, 2013
Hmmmmm. Its saddening the way we allow ourselves to be used of the devil. The Devil has been trying from time immemorial to destroy two major institutions: The Church and marriages, moreso now than ever before, and he is finding in our generation willing hands to help him do this. While I do not see anything wrong with the dress of the bride, they should know better. It is their church and has always been, if she wanted to become a member of any other church, i dont think she/he would have been killed. If you are a member of Deeper life or Mfm or what have you, then live by their precepts or change church. I personally love and respect Daddy Kumuyi and i hope He doesnt resign unless his resignation is also part of Gods masterplan in which case there is nothing we all can do about it. even though im not a member of His church and the sins of the son should not be transferred to the father, and even if He must resign, it is not my place to say so.
My advice therefore is, I believe Daddy Kumuyi Is a son close to the heart of God (though only God truly knows) let us not heap upon our heads God wrath by calling him an hypocrite, besides that son of his is old enough to be peoples father, and most importantly, Daddy Kumuyi did not attend that wedding.
Above all, i know Gods hand is in all these, no matter how it eventually ends, remember if this two are truly repentant and God has forgiven them yet we go about talking evil of them, then the sin is upon us. may God help us not to put ourselves in situations cos of our actions and words
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:25am On Jul 08, 2013
frosbel:

So expensive perfume that can entice a man or woman is not bad but Jewellery is ?

Fanatics !

You are the fanatic here. The bride didn't wear jewelries but you and your cohorts are here bearing false witnesses.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by TexasR: 11:26am On Jul 08, 2013
plappville: .What is wrong with this Deeper life self, how can they condemned the use of limousine, gold etc on their wedding day.... shocked

Didn't Abraham offers precious gifts to his sons future wife in the bible? Joseph also accepted a gold ring from king Pharoah. The bible does not condemned the use of gold. God's tabernacle was built with gold donated by the people etc....I don't understand the way Africans are taking Christianity.

Gen 24:53
Then the servant brought out gold and silver jewelry and articles of clothing and gave them to Rebekah; he also gave costly gifts to her brother and to her mother.

While I agree with your post,I disagree completely with the highlighted part,it's not African Christians that have the problem,it's the Deeper Life Sect,I know so many African,especially Nigerian churches where flamboyant lifestyle is not really an issue,members are dressed in gorgeous expensive dresses,drive very expensive cars,the pastors also cruise wonders on wheels and in some cases private jets,who has time to bicker about small matters like earing and make up.Hisss

Deeper life should scrap all those Pharisean man-made laws of theirs that don't determine whether one makes heaven or not,else it will continue to blow up in their faces

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 08, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

You are the fanatic here. The bride didn't wear jewellery but you and your cohorts are here bearing false witnesses.

and where have I said she wore Jewellery and what if she did, what is your business.

For brainwashed Pharisees like you ,the gospel of the good news has moved away from the love of God and the purpose of Christ to silly emphasis on earrings and makeup. That's why there is no life in most of these so called churches.

You need to repent and retrace your steps from whence you have fallen into the trap set by SATAN.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by joiam: 11:30am On Jul 08, 2013
salt 1:
Wrong, Frosbel. Very wrong! Love and fear go together. But it is filial, reverential fear. My children love me so much that they fear hurting me by their actions. I love God so much but I know that, as I am not an indulgent parent, He's not an indulgent Father either. He expects me to represent Him before the rest of humanity by my words, dressing(o yes I care about how my kids dress because they represent me and my values), actions etc.

Fear, filial fear, isn't negative. "And deliver them who thro fear of death were all their lifetime subject in bondage":Heb 2:15

LHappy is the man that feareth alway" Prov 28:14

I have more faith in the Holy Bible than one vision from heaven or hell. How am I sure that those who said they saw the vision were not being influenced by what is already in their subconscious? I dont care about someone seeing one angel or the other. The word of God is surer and i would rather judge any vision with the word of God and not the other way round. The person who said immediately he/she watched the testimony, he/she changed immediately and removed earrings, etc is only showing that she is more fascinated by visible thing, rituals which gives false security and unwillingness to obey and abide by the simple Wqord of God. Imagine, the Bible had no effect on you but an unverifiasble source did! No wonder, people would rather buy different books of one vision or the other and peddle and will not even try to study their Bible and understand it. No wonder human beings would rather carry sacrifice in the night than obey simple command - you must be born again! Unless something is complicated, human beings will not believe. That was why the simple salvation was too simple for some. How could God just forgive me like that?
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by xtianlife: 11:30am On Jul 08, 2013
Immortality: Nobody is condemning the couple, just that the DL GS should practice what he's preaching. What is good for the goose is also good for the gander. How do you expect the other members that were punished for the way their children felt like dressing on their wedding day feel, just like these ones. Were they punished, limited in the church activities of even ridiculed? Please let all concerned resign NOW.
what gain will u derive from his resignation?I think DL GS is a pastor who practices what he preaches.with carefulness....who did he punish ?
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:33am On Jul 08, 2013
sheniqua:

Thanks for your inciteful post.i also recognize that some two posters agree that you misrepresented the reason Pastor Kumuyi left his old Church but that is besides the point.
To address the highlighted part,John and Love Kumuyi the newlywed did not sin against God,if they did please can the person who says so point out their sins for I see none.
They sinned against deeper life and deeper life has punished them for an offense that God wouldn't
That is such a pity
She was decently dressed,it was a modest wedding from the few pictures we saw.
Every bride wants to look and feel beautiful and special on the one day that is all about her and that is just what she did .how can anyone fault her ?
This should make the deeper life executives think for a moment that perhaps people are tired of those traditions they were coerced into and that many may want to look beautiful on their special day and have endured it to please the church they love.

Babyosisi, has it now come to using another id in order for you to give a dog a bad name so as to hang it? Your partner in crime frosbel, has been championing your cause single handedly even though he erroneously thinks he can successfully hide under one finger.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by mko2005: 11:35am On Jul 08, 2013
frosbel:

So expensive perfume that can entice a man or woman is not bad but Jewellery is ?

Fanatics !
Frosbel,you swore to expose even the LIGHT !
Please see below the words of Apostle Paul:
''but I discipline my body and put it under control, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified.'' 1 Corinthians 9:27

God help us
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by texaco1: 11:36am On Jul 08, 2013
undecided
People still dey on top dis matter since yesterday?
Na wah oo
I think some people are just hell bent on seeing the back of kumuyi and the downfall of deeperlife.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:37am On Jul 08, 2013
frosbel:

and where have I said they she wore Jewellery and what if she did, what is your business.

For brainwashed Pharisees like you ,the gospel of the good news has moved away from the love of God and the purpose of Christ to silly emphasis on earrings and wakeup. That's why there is no life in most of these so called churches.

You need to repent and retrace your steps from whence you have fallen into the trap set by SATAN.

smiley

You and your partner babyosisi are the ones to repent for falsely accusing the new bride for what she didn't do. I suggest that you wear a newly designed seat belt in the picture for starters. tongue

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Pygru: 11:43am On Jul 08, 2013
texaco1: undecided
People still dey on top dis matter since yesterday?
Na wah oo
I think some people are just hell bent on seeing the back of kumuyi and the downfall of deeperlife.
i tire oo
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by mko2005: 11:56am On Jul 08, 2013
Texas_R:

Deeper life should scrap all those Pharisean man-made laws of theirs that don't determine whether one makes heaven or not,else it will continue to blow up in their faces
If they live a flamboyant life style you guys will still complain !

God help us
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by TexasR: 12:10pm On Jul 08, 2013
m.k.o2005:

God help us
m.k.o2005:

God help us

O boy,if you must quote me,then dont do it out of context,how does doing away with man-made Pharisean laws equate to living flamboyant lifestyle or otherwise
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by chronique(m): 12:10pm On Jul 08, 2013
I won't be surprised. Or how else do you explain someone wearing mini-skirt to a church with strict doctrine and still complaining about her parents being suspended? What was she expecting? A seat at the altar? Most people just come here to expose their stupidity and pull the church down for no just reasons.
tpia@:

a lot of things typed here are blatant lies,

most of these people are sworn anti-christians trying to destroy churches.

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Babalegba(m): 12:16pm On Jul 08, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves.For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same; for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil. Therefore it is necessary to be in subjection, not only because of wrath, but also for conscience’ sake. For because of this you also pay taxes, for rulers are servants of God, devoting themselves to this very thing.Render to all what is due them: tax to whom tax is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor.

Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law.

The only time we are not to be subject to authorities is when their laws contradicts the word of God like the case of the three Hebrew Children,Shedrack,Meshack and Abednego who refuSed to bow down to the Babylonia gods !
The big question now should be wether the traditions or doctrines contradicts the word of God? In my opinion it's No since we were not told that to dress moderately is sinful !
God help us
. If what you are saying is correct then Nelson Mandela should have submitted to the apartheid regime because by your reasoning God put the murderous racists in power and to disobey them incurs the displeasure of God.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 08, 2013
m.k.o2005:

God help us

I hope you know this scripture is actually referring to civil authority and not church leadership.

In the church leadership, Christ has modelled it differently :

"Neither be you called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ. 11But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. 12And whoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted. " - Matthew 23:11

The church is in rebellion, because we have many many Masters, Popes, GOs, MOGs etc etc, lording it over God's sheep.

At least when you read the bible , try throwing away the lens of false tradition and read it as it is.

smiley
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by joiam: 12:24pm On Jul 08, 2013
success4: God is a God of mercy! Why are people over-flogging this issue?
To John and Love Kumuyi, if you are reading this, never allow this
wave to demoralize you, the reason is obvious: devil wants to ruin
your relationship with God through this...

To Pastor Kumuyi, it is part of challenge which a man of God will go
through. The ONLY way not to suffer persecution is to live a godless life.
Sir, move and keep the fire of holiness burning.

To deeper life church members: don't make it a tooth for tooth eye for eye matters.
The master Jesus taught about FORGIVENESS. Paul the apostle never write a single letter
to the BEREAN CHRISTIAN, students of the bible know the reason. Therefore, following
leaders blindly is WRONG.

Finally, if you are a christian with mind to making Heaven,remember:
Others may make comments carelessly, you dare NOT.
Others may be happy at people's peril, you cannot and dare not
Others may turn NL an avenue to sin, you dare not
Others may abuse each other all in the name of showing off, you dare not
May God see us through as we continue in our pilgrimage!

You haven't said anything my dear. What is your take on this issue. We don't have to bury our heads in the sand and pretend there is no problem. Thanks for your advice anyway. You are advising DL members not take the a tooth for a tooth route. Who told you all of them are being offended, Indeed, many of them albeit secretely have been yearning for a change to free them so they could worship God in spirit and in truth. have you noticed some who look sombre (not sober please) even when going into the house of God because they are living in a way that is not really convenient for them. They are not themselves, they have been forced to be someone else. Fear mechanism and bewitchment at work
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:29pm On Jul 08, 2013
frosbel:

I hope you know this scripture is actually referring to civil authority and not church leadership.

In the church leadership, Christ has modelled it differently :

"Neither be you called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ. 11But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. 12And whoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted. " - Matthew 23:11

The church is in rebellion, because we have many many Masters, Popes, GOs, MOGs etc etc, lording it over God's sheep.

At least when you read the bible , try throwing away the lens of false tradition and read it as it is.

smiley

And in your rebellious mind civil authority is more important than church leadership, no? undecided

"Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken to you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation"
(Hebrews 13:7).
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 08, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

And in your rebellious mind civil authority is more important than church leadership, no? undecided

(Hebrews 13:7).

The leadership pattern of the new testament is that of servitude not lorditude.

"Jesus called them together and said, "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them.Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant,and whoever wants to be first among you must become your slave.just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many." - Matthew 20;28

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:44pm On Jul 08, 2013
frosbel:

The leadership pattern of the new testament is that of servitude not lorditude.

"Jesus called them together and said, "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them.Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant,and whoever wants to be first among you must become your slave.just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many." - Matthew 20;28

smiley

m.k.o.2005 wasn't talking about leadership pattern when you slacked him for talking about civil leadership and if you believe that we are to obey civil leadership how much more church leadership which is patterned after Christ. If civil leadership lord it over its servants and we are to obey them why should it be difficult for you to humble yourself to church leadership who serves you by preaching, teaching, caring and ministering to your needs?
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by texaco1: 12:50pm On Jul 08, 2013
People get time oooo
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 08, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

m.k.o.2005 wasn't talking about leadership pattern when you slacked him for talking about civil leadership and if you believe that we are to obey civil leadership how much more church leadership which is patterned after Christ. If civil leadership lord it over its servants and we are to obey them why should it be difficult for you to humble yourself to church leadership who serves you by preaching, teaching, caring and ministering to your needs?

Because civil authority operates very differently as described.

In church leadership, we are all leaders in our respective fields, church leadership is not modelled after deeperlife with a CEO - Directors - Managers - Team Leaders etc. No this is not biblical.

Church leadership operates with leaders who are 100& servants to the sheep and for the word of GOD , not burdening them with man-made rules and traditions.

This is how the leaders of the early church were treated, not like the 5 star treatment meted out to the church leaders in this day and age.

"when we are slandered, we answer kindly. We have become the scum of the earth, the garbage of the world--right up to this moment." - 1 Corinthians 4:13
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Babalegba(m): 12:51pm On Jul 08, 2013
Now that it has been established that John and Love Kumuyi did not break the commandment of God but broke the commandment of deeper life, why don't deeper life provide them with an effigy of deeper life to pray to for forgiveness afterall they now tell the human race what is sin and whhat is not, oh sorry I forgot, they apologised but deeperlife does not forgive and has gone old testament on the couple.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by redcliff: 12:55pm On Jul 08, 2013
frosbel:

Fanatics !

I actually thought of this even before i saw this post. i know there is an uncanny relationship with perfumes and jewelries. But the Linda woman did not mention anything about perfumes. There are some fragrances these days that evoke the sexual nerves. are they not bad themselves?

Luke 7:38 Then she knelt behind him at his feet, weeping. Her tears fell on his feet, and she wiped them off with her hair. Then she kept kissing his feet and putting perfume on them.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by yetunde01(f): 1:05pm On Jul 08, 2013
They broke the commandment of God and that of Deeper Life
1 Timothy 2:9 ESV
Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by anaytomi: 1:11pm On Jul 08, 2013
manmustwac: There's a saying that goes "practice what you preach" which he clearly didn't do & he's supposed to set an example with his children being role models which he clearly did not happen. It just proves that when push comes to shove Pastor William Kumuyi is just a bloody hypocrite like most religious folk & resign? Did I read that he offered to resign? Sorry but african do not do resign O. He must be pretending with his offer to resign

watch what you say
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:14pm On Jul 08, 2013
frosbel: ^^^

Thank you for this. Pastor Kumuiyi is still very much respected and admired.

May God help us and deliver us from tradition to follow him with simplicity of heart.

Ex-deeperlfer.

This is what I call hypocrisy of the highest order. Speaking from both sides of your mouth, mr. anti-deeperlifer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (32) (Reply)

Priest Patrick Asomugha Leaves German Church After Receiving Death Threat / Victor Umeh Transforms A Catholic Church Building In Cameroon (Photos) / Have You Praised Him Yet, Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.