Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,653 members, 7,851,234 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:31 PM

Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy (95806 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by anaytomi: 1:21pm On Jul 08, 2013
Bisugee: Hmmmmm. Its saddening the way we allow ourselves to be used of the devil. The Devil has been trying from time immemorial to destroy two major institutions: The Church and marriages, moreso now than ever before, and he is finding in our generation willing hands to help him do this. While I do not see anything wrong with the dress of the bride, they should know better. It is their church and has always been, if she wanted to become a member of any other church, i dont think she/he would have been killed. If you are a member of Deeper life or Mfm or what have you, then live by their precepts or change church. I personally love and respect Daddy Kumuyi and i hope He doesnt resign unless his resignation is also part of Gods masterplan in which case there is nothing we all can do about it. even though im not a member of His church and the sins of the son should not be transferred to the father, and even if He must resign, it is not my place to say so.
My advice therefore is, I believe Daddy Kumuyi Is a son close to the heart of God (though only God truly knows) let us not heap upon our heads God wrath by calling him an hypocrite, besides that son of his is old enough to be peoples father, and most importantly, Daddy Kumuyi did not attend that wedding.
Above all, i know Gods hand is in all these, no matter how it eventually ends, remember if this two are truly repentant and God has forgiven them yet we go about talking evil of them, then the sin is upon us. may God help us not to put ourselves in situations cos of our actions and words
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by anaytomi: 1:22pm On Jul 08, 2013
smiley
Bisugee: Hmmmmm. Its saddening the way we allow ourselves to be used of the devil. The Devil has been trying from time immemorial to destroy two major institutions: The Church and marriages, moreso now than ever before, and he is finding in our generation willing hands to help him do this. While I do not see anything wrong with the dress of the bride, they should know better. It is their church and has always been, if she wanted to become a member of any other church, i dont think she/he would have been killed. If you are a member of Deeper life or Mfm or what have you, then live by their precepts or change church. I personally love and respect Daddy Kumuyi and i hope He doesnt resign unless his resignation is also part of Gods masterplan in which case there is nothing we all can do about it. even though im not a member of His church and the sins of the son should not be transferred to the father, and even if He must resign, it is not my place to say so.
My advice therefore is, I believe Daddy Kumuyi Is a son close to the heart of God (though only God truly knows) let us not heap upon our heads God wrath by calling him an hypocrite, besides that son of his is old enough to be peoples father, and most importantly, Daddy Kumuyi did not attend that wedding.
Above all, i know Gods hand is in all these, no matter how it eventually ends, remember if this two are truly repentant and God has forgiven them yet we go about talking evil of them, then the sin is upon us. may God help us not to put ourselves in situations cos of our actions and words
God bless you
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:23pm On Jul 08, 2013
naijaboyof4life:

Do you believe that men can wear earrings

Babyosisi hasn't answered that question yet, has she?
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:28pm On Jul 08, 2013
sheniqua:

Please back this up with scriptures
Thanks
Tell me where Christ condemned wearing gold
The same gold Christ was given as gift from the wise men at his birth

Idolatory and worldliness sends many "Christians" to hell.

"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world" (1 John 2:15-16)
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 08, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Idolatry and worldliness sends many "Christians" to hell.

"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world" (1 John 2:15-16)

Lol. You are truly brainwashed. Where exactly is the bible against the wearing of gold ?

The bible talks about modesty in all things.

smiley
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 08, 2013
^^^^

At least try not to twist the word of GOD.

In the scripture quoted, the ladies were not judged because of their attire, they were judged along with the men because :

"The Lord takes his place in court;
he rises to judge the people.
14 The Lord enters into judgment
against the elders and leaders of his people:
It is you who have ruined my vineyard;
the plunder from the poor is in your houses.
15 What do you mean by crushing my people
and grinding the faces of the poor?”

declares the Lord, the Lord Almighty." - Isaiah 3:14-15
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by anaytomi: 1:35pm On Jul 08, 2013
All is well
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by calebbintus: 1:39pm On Jul 08, 2013
People take Heaven with Levity
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by mko2005: 1:49pm On Jul 08, 2013
Texas_R:

O boy,if you must quote me,then dont do it out of context,how does doing away with man-made Pharisean laws equate to living flamboyant lifestyle or otherwise
What do you mean by pharisean laws ? How does doing things moderately now pharisean ? If you are a christian you should know that erring members of a church should be disciplined ! But if you can't be chastised by an authority you placed urself or God placed you under,then why not leave ! God will help all of us who thinks it's okay to approve Gay marriage for us not to be seen as hypocrites !

God help us
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Babalegba(m): 1:53pm On Jul 08, 2013
yetunde01: They broke the commandment of God and that of Deeper Life
1 Timothy 2:9 ESV
Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire.
wisdom suggests that the passage you quoted is a call for moderation and the promotion of spiritual values over materialism and moreover that was not a direct commandment from God banning moderate use of adornment. To be candid with you if we are to interpret the bible without wisdom then Jesus will be deemed a liar afterall he said he was coming quickly and he has been gone now for two thousand years or is 2000 years quickly to you.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:55pm On Jul 08, 2013
frosbel:

Lol. You are truly brainwashed. Where exactly is the bible against the wearing of gold ?

The bible talks about modesty in all things.

smiley

This article will answer the questions of many who sincerely want to know the will of God not necessarily people like you who have been given over to a strong delusion.

Cosmetology And The Christian

"Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price" (1 Peter 3:3,4).

It is fascinating to learn that the two Greek words translated “adorning” in the New Testament are kosmos and kosmeo, from which we get our English words “cosmos” and “cosmology,” referring to the entire universe as an ordered system, as opposed to “chaos,” a disordered system. Surprisingly, our modern word “cosmetics” also comes from the same source which, technically speaking, constitutes any kind of adornment that transforms something ugly and disordered into something beautiful and well-ordered.

The apostle Peter, however, stresses that genuine cosmetics are not used to beautify one’s outward appearance, but to transform a believer’s life by the Holy Spirit. When one’s heart and life are changed from a spiritual chaos into a purposeful cosmos through redeeming trust in Christ, the change then soon becomes apparent in the outward appearance as well. The ornament of a gentle and quiet spirit soon shows up in a peaceful and radiant countenance.

Similarly, the apostle Paul urges that Christian “women adorn themselves in modest apparel . . . not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works” (I Timothy 2:9,10). Thus, in addition to a quiet and gentle spirit, the true Christian cosmetology is an array of good works.

Finally, the Christian herself (or himself!) should be a beautiful cosmetic adornment to the very gospel of Christ, “that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things” (Titus 2:10). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by wiseman273: 2:04pm On Jul 08, 2013
I don't know where this news is coming from.I've been in Deeper Life all my life.The Standard of the Church is to discipline parents when the children that misbehaved are still young,but once they become adults,their parents will not be disciplined.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 08, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

This article will answer the questions of many who sincerely want to know the will of God not necessarily people like you who have been given over to a strong delusion.

lol.

You need to stop bringing people under the umbrella of fanaticism, let them be themselves, if they are led by the Spirit of GOD it will show by the modesty in their lives, if not , we pray for them, our job is not to add to the laws of GOD by making rules on dress, food or drink. This is what hypocrites who have no self control do.

And besides, why is it always about the woman, what about the men ? You unwittingly use the same approach as the Boko Haram people who insist that the women cover from head to toe while the men can dress however the like.

Finally , Pauls advice is that women should focus on the inside not on the outside, in other words beauty is vain but a woman who fears God will be praised.

I have met many God fearing women who look nice and not miserable like ladies in a burka.

Stop this fanaticism of yours.

smiley
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by wiseman273: 2:11pm On Jul 08, 2013
And you all have to realise that Deeper Life as a church is an organization having ethics and ethos(Just like other churches).Once,we see it this way,there'll be no need making a fuss about these issues.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:14pm On Jul 08, 2013
frosbel:

lol.

You need to stop bringing people under the umbrella of fanaticism, let them be themselves, if they are led by the Spirit of GOD it will show by the modesty in their lives, if not , we pray for them, our job is not to add to the laws of GOD by making rules on dress, food or drink. This is what hypocrites who have no self control do.

And besides, why is it always about the woman, what about the men ? You unwittingly use the same approach as the Boko Haram people who insist that the women cover from head to toe while the men can dress however the like.

Finally , Pauls advice is that women should focus on the inside not on the outside, in other words beauty is vain but a woman who fears God will be praised.

I have met many God fearing women who look nice and not miserable like ladies in a burka.

Stop this fanaticism of yours.

smiley

Will you then answer the question your partner in crime failed to answer? Is it wrong for men to use earrings?
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 08, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Will you then answer the question your partner in crime failed to answer? Is it wrong for men to use earrings?

The Bible is the standard , no ?

Show me where it is not permitted. Even a secondary school history student knows that in many cultures the MEN also adorned themselves, though I am not supporter of this trend, it is not my business or within my authority to condemn those who wear earrings, my duty is to preach the word of GOD and let the holy spirit take control.

Problem with you and your type is you focus so much on the outward, that you end up a tinkling cymbal , all doctrine but no love or mercy.

I have some advice to Pharisees like you :

"Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear?" - Acts 15:10

Try telling this MAN to remove his adornment or he will go to hell, lol. grin

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by tpia5: 2:25pm On Jul 08, 2013
^ this person, please go and sit down and stop arguing unnecessarily.

Of course seun doesnt mind the site traffic but some of us would like to discuss other things.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 08, 2013
tpia@:
^ this person, please go and sit down and stop arguing unnecessarily.

Of course seun doesnt mind the site traffic but some of us would like to discuss other things.

Even you ? grin
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by mko2005: 2:34pm On Jul 08, 2013
Babalegba: To be candid with you if we are to interpret the bible without wisdom then Jesus will be deemed a liar afterall he said he was coming quickly and he has been gone now for two thousand years or is 2000 years quickly to you.

And you think HE is late already right ?

God help us
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by tpia5: 2:37pm On Jul 08, 2013
frosbel:

Even you ? grin

what do you mean even you?

do you see me responding to majority of your posts in this section?

why do you think that is? Its because you defy any attempt to get you to see reason, quite reminiscent of shrekzkalls.

I'm surprised they havent made you a mod yet, you have all the qualifications for being made one, which is being anti-christian, blind loyalty to questionable characters and ideologies, ethnic background, and lots of time spent typing illegible and irrelevant stuff which makes no sense to anybody besides yourself.

you havent gotten a nl girlfriend who matches your character yet? make una rock am together, rubbish.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by tpia5: 2:39pm On Jul 08, 2013
back to topic

we need books describing the mission field abroad, in places like jamaica, what are the challenges, environment, adjustments, etc involved in ministering in such places.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 08, 2013
tpia@:
back to topic

we need books describing the mission field abroad, in places like jamaica, what are the challenges, environment, adjustments, etc involved in ministering in such places.

grin grin
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by truthislight: 2:47pm On Jul 08, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

You and your partner babyosisi are the ones to repent for falsely accusing the new bride for what she didn't do.

Then why the "suspension" on the newly weds ?

Are they being suspended for getting married ?

For what exactly mr right ?

Is marriage simply an offence in deeperlife ?

3 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by sheniqua: 3:10pm On Jul 08, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Babyosisi, has it now come to using another id in order for you to give a dog a bad name so as to hang it? Your partner in crime frosbel, has been championing your cause single handedly even though he erroneously thinks he can successfully hide under one finger.

You know me well
I have been here years so you know that I say whatever I have to say boldly,you should know that much about me
So desist from making false accusations
If babyosisi could post,you can be 100% certain I would say the exact same things,the exact same way
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by sheniqua: 3:23pm On Jul 08, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Idolatry and worldliness sends many "Christians" to hell.

And this your scripture applies to ear rings and lipstick but does not extend to cars,furniture ,electricity ,gas cookers, Summer vacations in Jamaica and London.bank accounts,etc
Because those things are not things in the world
You are browsing the Internet freely or even paying money for it perhaps with the latest gadget and talking about ear ring being things in the world
How hypocritical of you
I have challenged you all to tell us where the bible condemned jewelry and none of you have done so instead you quote the scriptures and twist it to suit your manmade doctrine.
In so many scriptures we see where the Spirit of God likened the kingdom and glory of God to adornment with jewelry and also comparison to a bride
I took liberty to show several of them earlier,you conveniently missed them all.
But pick parts of scripture to further a useless agenda.

The difference between us both is that I choose to believe GOd and his word and the leading of his Spirit as my standard,he says anyone that calls on his name shall be saved
There is no deeper life anywhere in the bible as a source of salvation

Everything happens for a reason
This marriage saga is not by accident
It will serve a purpose,believe me
There are many that will after this check the scriptures for themselves and ask God to teach them.
And He will.

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Babalegba(m): 3:28pm On Jul 08, 2013
m.k.o2005:

And you think HE is late already right ?

God help us
your reply made me understand why I always feel that God should press the reset button on Nigeria and destroy it totally with me in it as well. Are you so blind in your conceit that you don't even understand valid arguments. Have you made an enemy of wisdom. Societies with churches without all this additional yokes are less corrupt than Nigeria. If I may ask, where is deeper lifes light in Nigeria. All this profusion of sanctimonious appearance has not translated into light or righteousness. in the country. Do you people even love God at all or just want to escape hell.

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by sheniqua: 3:45pm On Jul 08, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Read about God's judgment on the daughters of Jezebel.

You referring to fellow Christians as jezebels and other vile names because they wear ear rings shows the sort of heart you have and the religious Spirit within you
You need to be born again in Spirit and truth
Go and read about Jezebel
If indeed you are a Christian,you would love God
And you cannot love God and hate his children called by his name

And love is the standard.
Read what Christ taught his disciples as the greatest commandment of all in the gospels

Then Read 1Cor 13

You don't measure up,I don't
Nothing we do is good enough,reliance on the Holy Spirit is our only anchor
You and I can never measure up to Christ
It is By Grace we are saved not by the wearing of turtle necks

So while you point accusing fingers on Christians and hammer on ear rings and lipsticks and punish people who wear wedding gowns,I I ask God for grace to guard the condition of my heart and Grace to be like him.
Grace to walk in his will
Grace to love the children of God and see them as my brothers and sisters
Grace to help people in need
Grace to be touched by the sufferings of others
And grace to live a life that will be acceptable to him

Earrings and necklaces are nothing
You are wasting time on frivolities

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 08, 2013
^^

they tried to impose their madness on Oyinbo in the UK , it did not work, so in some locations they had to lower standards, one standard for Nigeria , another one for UK , hypocrites !!
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by DeeperdanNY: 3:53pm On Jul 08, 2013
sheniqua:

You referring to fellow Christians as jezebels and other vile names because they wear ear rings shows the sort of heart you have and the religious Spirit within you You need to be born again in Spirit and truth Go and read about Jezebel.If indeed you are a Christian,you would love God And you cannot love God and hate his children called by his name
And love is the standard.Read what Christ taught his disciples as the greatest commandment of all Read 1Cor 13 You don't measure up,I don't Nothing we do is good enough,reliance on the Holy Spirit is our only anchor. You and I can never measure up to Christ It is By Grace we are saved not by the wearing of turtle necks. ..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2_eplsyKw8

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by dare2think: 3:56pm On Jul 08, 2013
lol @ religious vagabonds and thugs.

Whats the difference btw you and the Taliban. Imposing your beliefs and doctrines unto others and threaten them with hell for resisting.

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by PastorKun(m): 3:56pm On Jul 08, 2013
frosbel: ^^

they tried to impose their madness on Oyinbo in the UK , it did not work, so in some locations they had to lower standards, one standard for Nigeria , another one for UK , hypocrites !!

Probably just a marketing strategy grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (32) (Reply)

Victor Umeh Transforms A Catholic Church Building In Cameroon (Photos) / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Reacts To Rape Allegation By Busola Dakolo / Have You Praised Him Yet, Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.