Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy (95658 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Pygru: 2:23pm On Jul 07, 2013
Lakayanah: you this chameleon today you are a pastor yesterday you were Muslim bokoharam member advocating for Buhari and wanting uncle Jona to apologize to northern elders and build all the burnt mosques and also grant amnesty to your fellow boko boys you have to make up your mind what you really are.
grin grin grin
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by mysticgal(f): 2:27pm On Jul 07, 2013
you know even moses faced what kumuyi is facing ie when miriam and aaron spoke against him,you all know what God did to them.yes God is a mercifull God says the bible,the same bible say God is an angry God,so please watch the way you talk against God ordained.

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Pygru: 2:30pm On Jul 07, 2013
jude33084:

IF YOU CHOOSE TO LIVE IN ROME PLEASE BEHAVE LIKE ONE. LIKE THE MUSLIM, WEARING OF HIJAB BY THEIR WOMEN IS THEIR DOCTRINE AND A RELIGIOUS OBLIGATION AS SUCH. DEEPER LIFE HAVE THEIR DOCTRINE WHICH ALL MEMBERS SHOULD ADHERE TO. JOHN AND HIS BRIDE; LOVE SHOULD KNOW BETTER smiley
1000000000000 likes
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by dmcdad: 2:31pm On Jul 07, 2013
plappville: .What is wrong with this Deeper life self, how can they condemned the use of limousine, gold etc on their wedding day.... shocked

Didn't Abraham offers precious gifts to his sons future wife in the bible? Joseph also accepted a gold ring from king Pharoah. The bible does not condemned the use of gold. God's tabernacle was built with gold donated by the people etc....I don't understand the way Africans are taking Christianity.

Gen 24:53
Then the servant brought out gold and silver jewelry and articles of clothing and gave them to Rebekah; he also gave costly gifts to her brother and to her mother.

Seriously my sister I can't really figure out what's wrong with humans.. I am yet to comprehend what's going on cause so far, the way this has been going, it doesn't make much sense to me. For Christ sake, Christianity ain't slavery. The fact that we shouldn't wallow in the world with worldly things doesn't dispute the fact that we shouldn't make use of the things from the world. Ohh, because you are a Christian you should always look like a mourner

Why are people just inventing redundant doctrines? Subjecting people to baseless doctrines ain't what is required of Church leaders...

Well, I ain't gonna judge anyone's action or deed. But to be frank with ourselves as humans and as Christians, this is balderdash. God help us all
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by sheniqua: 2:34pm On Jul 07, 2013
If John and love break up over this saga from all the pressure put on them then deeper has put them asunder
Short and simple
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by dbride: 2:34pm On Jul 07, 2013
The traditions of man have become a stumbling block for majority of Christians. They have been deceived to think that observing these traditions guarantees them righteousness. All things work 2gether for good though. God Himself will soon throw light into their darkness to set the captives of these traditions free.

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Pygru: 2:34pm On Jul 07, 2013
true2god: Sorry i tot u said u left The Apostolic faith in some of ur other threads.
yea, he left Apostolic.
Na religious ' prostitute '
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 07, 2013
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Pygru: 2:39pm On Jul 07, 2013
Arcard: c ds wan way dy talk,tmrrw nw u go c am fo romance section
shocked grin grin grin
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Pygru: 2:41pm On Jul 07, 2013
Orikinla: What the young couple did was wrong since they knew the standing orders of the church.
But Pastor W.F. Kumuyi need not resign.
God will save His flock as long as they confess and admit their errors and sins.
Gbam!
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by fflamingo(m): 2:43pm On Jul 07, 2013
What keep amusing me is that Tonto dike no longer make front page...things have change....it all about deeper life wedding .
Don't be surprise when you start seeing frnt page topic like
1. Posing with deeper life members
2. The deeper life wedding gown.
Iranu jatijati
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Balkan(m): 2:45pm On Jul 07, 2013
k2039:
He may not necessarily be a hypocrite. If he had a son like me, the situation on ground would have been worse and if he had a son like you the situation would have been completely disastrous.

Whatever the father considers modesty doesn't necessarily mean the son has the same conviction, the fact that my parents are christians is not enough reason for me to be one, I have to be convinced personaly that christianity is the real way, so if I decide not to be a christian, it doesn't mean my parents have failed, I just don't see things there way.

My issue with DL is just that I don't know why someone would wake up and say every kid that turns bad weren't raised the right way, this is something that amuses me, the GS would now understand that all kids who turned out to be wayward may not necessarily mean it was as a result of bad parenting..

The GS should be happy he didn't have a son like me, my wife would probably have worn trousers to the wedding ceremony because I see absolutely nothing wrong in puting on trousers for the ladies, Now you get my drift.
the man has been preaching against this for years. He has failed his congregation by not bringing his children according to his church creed. He is a disappointment. I wonder what he is still waiting for on that throne. Very funny people. Very soon it will become a tradition just like watching TV. Hypocrites
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Pygru: 2:47pm On Jul 07, 2013
frosbel:

you this 'nothing to contribute' fellow, go and get a real JOB. grin
[size=38pt]Ignored![/size]
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by mimiejacobz(f): 2:48pm On Jul 07, 2013
k2039:
He may not necessarily be a hypocrite. If he had a son like me, the situation on ground would have been worse and if he had a son like you the situation would have been completely disastrous.

Whatever the father considers modesty doesn't necessarily mean the son has the same conviction, the fact that my parents are christians is not enough reason for me to be one, I have to be convinced personaly that christianity is the real way, so if I decide not to be a christian, it doesn't mean my parents have failed, I just don't see things there way.

My issue with DL is just that I don't know why someone would wake up and say every kid that turns bad weren't raised the right way, this is something that amuses me, the GS would now understand that all kids who turned out to be wayward may not necessarily mean it was as a result of bad parenting..

The GS should be happy he didn't have a son like me, my wife would probably have worn trousers to the wedding ceremony because I see absolutely nothing wrong in puting on trousers for the ladies, Now you get my drift.
u r so on point wit wht u've said,we musn't be replica of our parents buh wht u do must b d ryt tin n they was absolutely ntin wrng wit wht they did,twas dia day twas goin to be d first n last of it's kind in dia lyf they should now celebrate as if they r mournin even God is nt wicked he luvs gud tins too
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by sheniqua: 2:49pm On Jul 07, 2013
Kumuyi is the founder and GS of this Church

He has two options

1,Admit that the church has been high handed in the way it conducted business and apologize to those who have been sanctioned under these strict wedding rules,stand his ground, damn all consequences.,risk losing some staunch followers but most followers will tow that new course with him,the pastors that disagree will resign and form their own offshoot.

2.Resign as GS with the resultant shame and loss of a ministry he has built from scratch.

Number one option may not be possible if there is an inbuilt mechanism already set up where all decisions by the governing committee cannot be vetoed by him as GS.
But If he makes the final Decisions and I am asked to advise him,I will advise that he goes with option one
These young people have not sinned
It is time deeper life did away with the traditions of men,and this may be God's way of opening a door to set them free from that doctrine.
After all deeper life once preached that television was sin and the first thing members did as soon as they joined,was bring out their TVs and hack them them to pieces.
Not anymore
They not only watch TVs,they also have TV programs and use the Internet ,so this wouldn't be the first time rules were changed.They didn't wear suits in the beginning either.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Pygru: 2:51pm On Jul 07, 2013
Boomark:

at times i wonder if he/it is a human being or a thing. angry very nuisantic grin
he is a robot
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Pygru: 2:56pm On Jul 07, 2013
frosbel:

He was kicked out of the political section for making a nuisance of himself, now he is here roaming around without any meaningful contribution.

smiley
Ignored
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Pygru: 2:58pm On Jul 07, 2013
Pat Akpos: The only mistake they made was to perform their marriage in DL . I believe that the Lord is merciful & forgives us when we admit our faults. Since they have apologised, the church should forgive them & let life go on as before. The girl's father should be reinstated as National Overseer so as to prevent hypocrisy in the church because it won't be right for only the girl's father to be punished. The G.S is not supposed to be given an option of resigning; he should have been sacked!
@ bolded, not true
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 07, 2013
frosbel: I love brother Kumuiyi and I think that he has helped create this problem, but God wants to lead him in a different non-traditional direction. Problem is he is held hostage by the local champions in Nigeria who will rather stick to man made tradition than the truth of the gospel.

Well, God is taking his church back, better stay out of the way, the sheep are not yours, if you resist God he may remove you from your place.

We should be for freedom in Christ, not bondage to man made traditions.

smiley
If you truly love kumuyi as you claim you should have stayed back and prayed for him,rather than slander him as we see you do online everyday of the week.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Doyensky: 3:00pm On Jul 07, 2013
[quote
author=m.esther96]im in church right now n d topic of discussion is all
about children of prophets in d bible wu misbehaved n r punishd e.g eli

abt aw oda choristers react; i tink we r free 2 choose wat interest
us,so dey r left 2 der own interest

as 4 me.i desist 4rm enslavement!sad[/quote] hurry up grl; this d t.fare!! we dont need ppl like u in d church.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 07, 2013
Bidam: If you truly love kumuyi as you claim you should have stayed back and prayed for him,rather than slander him as we see you do online everyday of the week.

You are a DUNCE !! grin

Show me ONE place where I have slandered him, I have only mentioned the outdated practises of deeperlife, their emphasis on tradition and the unnecessary stress imposed on these 'poor' children whose only crime was to get married.

But then again, I don't expect you to understand.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Pygru: 3:02pm On Jul 07, 2013
mysticgal: you know why i always restrict myself from delving into religion section........its because of frosbel,anyway i pray God delivers him from the sprit of false doctrine amen,even m.esther that has gone out of the way.amen.what?
[size=38pt]A[/size]mEn
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 07, 2013
solomon111: Na wa o.
Is this how the devil will infilterate deeper life?
Though i respect kumuyi for refusing to be a hypocrite.
God bless you sir.

I feel remorseful here even though i do not belong to deeper life.
Pst Kumuyi resigned as a mathematician to serve God. He set the unbroken CGP of 4.92 in the mathematics dept, had his masters and was about pursuing his PhD; when the call of God came.
Pst Kumuyi has extensively walked with GOD, spent thousands of hours in prayers, fasting, studying the Word of God, counseling e.t.c to raise a church noted for absolute holiness.
i see the devil has organised a meeting with his cohorts of demons. their strategy is already working.
join me as we intercede for PST KUMUYI. This is not ordinary. cry cry cry

3 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 07, 2013
Pygru:
keep running you mouth
Numbers 12:7-8
King James Version (KJV)
7 My servant Moses is not so, who is faithfulin all mine house.
8 With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the Lord shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?

and who is this Moses we are speaking out against ! smiley

Abeg carry your twisted understanding of scripture commot .
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 07, 2013
mysticgal: you know why i always restrict myself from delving into religion section........its because of frosbel,anyway i pray God delivers him from the sprit of false doctrine amen,even m.esther that has gone out of the way.amen.what?

I am happy I have got your attention. grin
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 07, 2013
dafnna:

I feel remorseful here even though i do not belong to deeper life.
Pst Kumuyi resigned as a mathematician to serve God. He set the unbroken CGP of 4.92 in the mathematics dept, had his masters and was about pursuing his PhD; when the call of God came.
Pst Kumuyi has extensively walked with GOD, spent thousands of hours in prayers, fasting, studying the Word of God, counseling e.t.c to raise a church noted for absolute holiness.
i see the devil has organised a meeting with his cohorts of demons. their strategy is already working.
join me as we intercede for PST KUMUYI. This is not ordinary. cry cry cry

the devil is always organising meetings, have you attended one before , because you seem to know this for certain !
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by dmcdad: 3:06pm On Jul 07, 2013
Leebeedo:

Wrapper ke? The go excommunicate u for deeper life oh, na chair material(a.k.a akpo oche) the dey wear. E don even better now sef, before na tea the dey share for wedding as food, na there I see where the make tea for inside drum
Ha ha ha ha ha... You no serious oooo.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 07, 2013
frosbel:

You are a DUNCE !! grin

Show me ONE place where I have slandered him, I have only mentioned the outdated practises of deeperlife, their emphasis on tradition and the unnecessary stress imposed on these 'poor' children whose only crime was to get married.

But then again, I don't expect you to understand.
For you to call deeper life a cult which was started by kumuyi of which you were a member until last year If that is not slanderous i wonder what is.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Pygru: 3:15pm On Jul 07, 2013
SKYQUEST: some of the post i have seen here so far shows some people are angry with the church and it is pay back time; for every man or woman who has shared an office with a deeper life member but has not been able to steal because of that member, they have finally get their pounds of flesh, i see some are pouring out their venom not because of what really happen but because they have been so fraustrated by some deeper life members who will not allow them to take bribe, destroy other people's lives or falsify records.
i may not agree with that church 100% on its doctrines, but with deeper life around, there is some sanity in the country. kumuyi is one of the pastors in this country i respect and trust, there are so many very good deeper life members also.
though i am not a member of this church, i think if one seriously think of heaven after dealth, one must attend a church where they take holy living very seriously like this church.
gbam!

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Consent(m): 3:15pm On Jul 07, 2013
This scenario is an obvious show of religious fanatism and hypocrisy of our christian big wigs.why shouldnt the father of the groom Kumuyi, the GS be removed the same time the father of the bride was removed? Why is he offering to resign instead of resigning immediately? With which bible portion where the couple found guilty? Or purely man's directive.

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 07, 2013
Shhhhhhhhh,
everyone listen up !
I want to talk! ! angry
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by dmcdad: 3:16pm On Jul 07, 2013
Leebeedo:

Wrapper ke? The go excommunicate u for deeper life oh, na chair material(a.k.a akpo oche) the dey wear. E don even better now sef, before na tea the dey share for wedding as food, na there I see where the make tea for inside drum

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (32) (Reply)

Victor Umeh Transforms A Catholic Church Building In Cameroon (Photos) / Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Reacts To Rape Allegation By Busola Dakolo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.