Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy (95618 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by smudge2079(m): 12:48pm On Jul 07, 2013
pls every1 try read dat book ANIMALFARM all over again if u havent done b4...dis is comedy at its peak
AM LOVING IT
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by touchmeder: 12:48pm On Jul 07, 2013
sssob: Omg....yeah they Ave sinned....shown remorse..evicted...what more do they want...
I feel a quick solution will be for them to divorce..and get married properly wearing d church cloth.as the church requested...that should remedy d whole situation

You are having a laugh right?
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 07, 2013
nabsprada:

totally agree wit u,bt any1 who uses ear rings,attachments,make ups,trousers(d ladies) and d likes does it at d expense of his/her own soul...deeper life is nt d only bible believing church..bt jst know dt d standard of God can neva change 4 any1 nt even u...

wrong !

Moderation and Modesty are the key words.

I have seen 'devils' and 'witches' dress like deeperlifers and yet they are evil through and through.

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by petres007(m): 12:53pm On Jul 07, 2013
LOL @ "BlackBerry Kingdom" grin grin grin
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by DECOtech(m): 12:57pm On Jul 07, 2013
He's a still Man ordained into priesthood God. Mind your comments please. I am not a member of Deeperlife. I have been led to warn you

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by nwanyanwu(m): 12:58pm On Jul 07, 2013
My people perish for lack of knowledge. So they had to relieve the parents of their position because the daughter wore transparent sleeves. I sense jealousy, malice and wickedness among the church board. God please give them understanding for the doctrines and traditions of this earth is sending people to hell.

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 07, 2013
DECOtech: He's a still Man ordained into priesthood God. Mind your comments please. I am not a member of Deeperlife. I have been led to warn you

All children of GOD are ordained into priesthood.

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." - 1 Peter 2:9

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 07, 2013
nwanyanwu: My people perish for lack of knowledge. So they had to relieve the parents of their position because the daughter wore transparent sleeves. I sense jealousy, malice and wickedness among the church board. God please give them understanding for the doctrines and traditions of this earth is sending people to hell.

correct, and this is what Jesus had to say to these wicked religious pharisees :

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are." - 1 Peter 2:9

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Lakayanah: 1:01pm On Jul 07, 2013
franchizy: In as much as I won't critise d church, I must say dat there doctrine is too hard to cope wit. I joined Depper Life in 1986 and Rose to the position of a Campus Pastor in Uniben and a Youth Leader in Rivers state.
We only love our members and help our members only. I was suspended togeda with my children cos I Bought a television in my house and wen our members visited my house in Absentia my children were watching Cartoon.
It was 4 dis reason dat I quit Depper Life. If Pastor Kumuyi Resigns, believe the church will fall cos he is d only one dat has a healing and Deliverance power.
Other pastors can only preach and pray but can heal or deliver one.
you this chameleon today you are a pastor yesterday you were Muslim bokoharam member advocating for Buhari and wanting uncle Jona to apologize to northern elders and build all the burnt mosques and also grant amnesty to your fellow boko boys you have to make up your mind what you really are.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by bingbagbo(m): 1:01pm On Jul 07, 2013
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Akeud(m): 1:06pm On Jul 07, 2013
The problem I have with NL is that THERE IS NO LINK TO SHARE THINGS ON FB.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Lakayanah: 1:06pm On Jul 07, 2013
frosbel:

I was like you Bro, left deeperlife last year and have been free to follow and love JESUS ever since without the bondage of tradition.

Though, I must say that while I have nothing against TV, TV does have a negative effect on children and possibly adults, since it is a tool for media misinformation, information and propagation of an agenda that is not godly. If used for documentaries and the news or hooking up to a DVD then it is perfectly fine.

Internet is far far better, you can restrict what you watch etc.

don't be deceived he his not a bro check what he wrote on the 30 school children murdered in gombe.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Kosigift(f): 1:07pm On Jul 07, 2013
I don't know why I'm angry @dis post undecided
Too much emphasis on nothing while weightier issues are taking d back seat! Smh...

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by delors(m): 1:07pm On Jul 07, 2013
Okay, so this is over doing it. Is this church a kind of cult or what? Whatever happened to peace and love in the presence of God? Wearing a fitted dress on her wedding doesn't not in any way undermine or compromise her faith. She did not go nude for Christ sake! This is wrong! Totally wrong. The couple started their marriage on a miserable note. I suspect they are doing all these to keep their members who are so one-sided in their thoughts. If the husband could wear an Italian made Gucci suit, why can't the wife use a modest french tailored gown! Hypocrisy redefined!

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Oyinprince(m): 1:08pm On Jul 07, 2013
he suld resign if he wants to. But he suld stop making carnal rules nd breeding a crowd of immoral church goin youths nd people wu only deceives their pastors wit their village dressin...He suld go n study about God n stop doin religion jor
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Glory4ever(m): 1:08pm On Jul 07, 2013
I respect Pastor Kumiyi a lot, but in dis case he is very wrong. Instead of him contemplating to resign, he should have resigned since. He has to follow the laid down rules. God is not a respecter of persons. No one should be above the law.

God help us.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by richjohn1(m): 1:09pm On Jul 07, 2013
Chartey:
Haba! Dis ur lie heavy na.
Believe me it's not a lie!!!!!
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Pygru: 1:10pm On Jul 07, 2013
Pastor William Kumuyi offered to resign as
General Superintendent of the Deeper Life
Bible Church following the controversy that
trailed the wedding of his second son, John.
John Kumuyi and his wife, Love had
engaged in acts, which negated the church’s
tradition during their wedding held in
Jamaica on June 15, 2013. Love, who is a
daughter of the National Overseer of Deeper
Life Bible Church, Jamaica, Pastor Augustine
Odih, was dressed in a fitted stylish
wedding gown with transparent short
sleeves. She also wore makeup, jewelry and
carried a bouquet of flowers. The couple
cruised in a limousine and had a huge
wedding cake.
The misdemeanor, which attracted
widespread criticisms, had earned the
newlyweds suspension from church
activities despite showing remorse and
tendering an apology to the church, blaming
their misconduct on the fact that both of
them had resided abroad for so long.
Sunday Sun gathered that the practice in the
Deeper Christian Life Ministry is that if
members’ children misbehave, both the
children and their parents get punished on
the grounds that it’s the parents’ failing in
their responsibilities that made the children
to err. Although the children involved in the
Jamaican wedding infraction are adults, the
leadership of the church regarded their
action as a strong breach of its tradition,
and immediately removed the bride’s father,
from his position as National Overseer in
Jamaica.
To demonstrate that there is no double
standard in the church, it was further learnt
that Pastor Kumuyi, at the meeting held by
the leadership of the church on the matter,
offered to resign as General Superintendent,
but was prevailed upon not to.
According to the Sunday Sun source, the
General Superintendent did not take kindly
to the couple’s behaviour and, unlike Eli in
the Bible who did not discipline his sons
and incurred the wrath of God, Pastor
Kumuyi had ensured that the offenders
were sanctioned.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Afam4eva(m): 1:10pm On Jul 07, 2013
donem: Am sorry to say it that Deeper life is one christian denomination which their doctrines pisses me alot, Imagine no celebration of xmas,no plaiting of hair by their ladies,until recently there werent allowed to watch TV, imagine such an enslavement! total BS.
You're wrong with the bolded. I think you're referring to Jehovah witness.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2013
obayaya:

abi? they for wear transparent gown sef.. nothing spoil

ashawo.....
you want take style look something tongue
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by caprini: 1:15pm On Jul 07, 2013
Everyone is talking about wedding.My only 2 sisters and their husbands are top members of deeper life church.This people wicked pass hitler.My house owner and caretaker are deeper life top members,my rent was increased with 200% in a space of two years.modesty my foot.Murderers and Saddists,meanwhile when they visit my house,they watch DSTV as if after that day,multichoice will close down. angry

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 07, 2013
ceospecial: NL breeds... Wasted generation

you inclusive.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by delors(m): 1:15pm On Jul 07, 2013
frosbel:

I was like you Bro, left deeperlife last year and have been free to follow and love JESUS ever since without the bondage of tradition.

Though, I must say that while I have nothing against TV, TV does have a negative effect on children and possibly adults, since it is a tool for media misinformation, information and propagation of an agenda that is not godly. If used for documentaries and the news or hooking up to a DVD then it is perfectly fine.

Internet is far far better, you can restrict what you watch etc.

If you say TV is bad, then internet is worse. Soon, Deeperlife will ban all electronic gadget - smart phones, ipad and family, computers, etc - since they are all media stuffs. now, if all these are banned, how will the word of God be spread to the other parts of the world? Curious. Many have watched Tv since the second day they were born and have died saints and godly. Deeper life is a religion...
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by nicxguy(m): 1:16pm On Jul 07, 2013
Rubbish Ãήϑ fake stories Ãήϑ u̶̲̥̅̊ guys should watch your mouth b4 God punish u̶̲̥̅̊ all
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by entaye(m): 1:17pm On Jul 07, 2013
Mtchewwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by plappville(f): 1:17pm On Jul 07, 2013
uche08: abraham and rebeca u mentioned are not church leaders,

Follow biblical figures example. These people have no record of birthday in the bible, but todays pastors are birthday celibrants champions. God dwelt in the tabernacle that was built with gold and other costly materials. DL are over exaggerating.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by true2god: 1:17pm On Jul 07, 2013
leke12: Am also a christian, in my own perspective the couple want to be more innovative and civilized compare to an arcade practice. A case study of the use of television that was formely banned by the church for their members, virtually all members have T.V in their houses including the top pastors. The couple are just trying to set a good example.....
I agree with u here. I see norring wrong looking as good as possible on ur werring day.

We should not condemn ourselves wen God have not condemned us. My DL brodas are taking things too far.

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by dayolinks: 1:19pm On Jul 07, 2013
This should not affect Pastor Kumuyi cus the couple can decisions on their own, they are adult
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by yame014: 1:20pm On Jul 07, 2013
donem: Am sorry to say it that Deeper life is one christian denomination which their doctrines pisses me alot, Imagine no celebration of xmas,no plaiting of hair by their ladies,until recently there werent allowed to watch TV, imagine such an enslavement! total BS.

Rich members get T.V o....plaiting of hair sef na sin? it be lk say bible talk smthing about dat...say make women dey cover their heads n make dem no cut their hair and men shud cut theirs...it suppose dey old testament...i go find am sha n if u see am...abeg post am for us make we see
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by delors(m): 1:20pm On Jul 07, 2013
ceospecial: NL breeds... Wasted generation
Ode! See as you resemble your gateman - wasted family

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 07, 2013
delors:
If you say TV is bad, then internet is worse. Soon, Deeperlife will ban all electronic gadget - smart phones, ipad and family, computers, etc - since they are all media stuffs. now, if all these are banned, how will the word of God be spread to the other parts of the world? Curious. Many have watched Tv since the second day they were born and have died saints and godly. Deeper life is a religion...

I never said TV was bad oooo.

I said one should watch with caution especially here in the west with all the nudity and profanity. That we are against deeperlife traditions does not mean we are for lawlessness.

If you are led by the Spirit there are certain things you will not watch on TV.

There is a TV in my house, I hardly watch it, my wife watches decent movies and my kids watch cartoons.

I have locked down our Internet firewall so that no wicked web site can be mistakenly visited etc.

It's all about discretion and modesty, however what is good for us should not become a rule we make for another person, let God lead the hearts, a heart truly for GOD will set no wicked thing before it's eyes.

" I will not set anything worthless before my eyes. I hate the practice of transgression; it will not cling to me."- Psalm 101:3

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by delors(m): 1:22pm On Jul 07, 2013
frosbel:

I never said TV was bad oooo.

I said one should watch with caution especially here in the west with all the nudity and profanity. That we are against deeperlife traditions does not mean we are for lawlessness.

If you are led by the Spirit there are certain things you will not watch on TV.

There is a TV in my house, I hardly watch it, my wife watches decent movies and my kids watch cartoons.

I have locked down our Internet firewall so that no wicked web site can be mistakenly visited etc.

It's all about discretion and modesty, however what is good for us should not become a rule we make for another person, let God lead the hearts, a heart truly for GOD will set no wicked thing before it's eyes.

" I will not set anything worthless before my eyes. I hate the practice of transgression; it will not cling to me."- Psalm 101:3
Noted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

Adeboye Inscribes Redeem Logo On New $65m Private Jet!!! / Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? / Victor Umeh Transforms A Catholic Church Building In Cameroon (Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49