Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,836 members, 7,831,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? (20594 Views)

Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones / Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan / Lagos: Ripples Of Hurricane Sandy May Hit – Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by finditng: 12:51pm On Jul 08, 2013
gbadexy: Op, you probably didn't fully comprehend the news or you probably just posted it anyways.
The winds that gradually grow bigger to form hurricanes start far off, in this case the western african monsoon moves northwards. Besides the movement has been observed since 1995 and we have never experienced a hurricane.
The winds move in a specific direction; the two trade winds affecting nigeria in geography readily comes to mind with the cool wet one from the atlantic and dry
wind from sahara. They have their route and seasons.
The one mentioned on that article merely starts from west african monsoon and gathers speed as it travels towards america.
God doesn't give problems nations or group of people can't handle.
....am sure haiti was capable of the earthquakes in God's eyes....mtscheww...is ur brain under your bible?....abi under the ultar sef...trust me it aint filled wf holly ministration but dust
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by boron10(m): 12:56pm On Jul 08, 2013
cecegorz:
Talking about the regular wind patterns, the one that hit Haiti recently, has it been happening prior to then or was there a deviation?
These things defy regular patterns. Let the people and LASG start making preparations instead of this 'God no go allow am' mantra.
It wasn't hurricane that hit haiti, it was an earthquake. I believe there is difference between earthquake and hurricane.
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by ablyguy(m): 12:56pm On Jul 08, 2013
Abeg hurricane! Blow Eko Hotel come my land for east!!!
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 08, 2013
bloggernaija: Serious bullshitas .most hurricanes form over the atlantic ,off africa and moves towards the atlantic coast of the USA .A. medium size Hurricane would almost completely destroy Lagos
hmm baba agba talking robbish..How can a mere hurricane destroy Lagos that is hundreds of kilometres long...even an earthquake can't atleast not in d nearest thousand years..
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by otokx(m): 1:05pm On Jul 08, 2013
Only time will tell.
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by Onoru1(m): 1:08pm On Jul 08, 2013
Olamyyde: God pls even if i die, let dis hurricane manage to hit the north and destroy all members of boko haram cry cry
@OLAMYYDE, You are so much wicked that you don't have human feeling, The northerners are not the only people that live in the north, Different people of different tribe reside in north, in a public media or social network like this you don't just post comment anyhow.
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 08, 2013
all this nigeriance will not know wen too b seriously..dey say hurricanes sandy want to com n flog us..instead of u to start buying ghana musgo trablin bags u ar here jokings..my brother Yuzedo haz already purchasing ghana musgo so we can park from our banana iceland estate n travels back to our virrage in abakilicki..i will adverse evrybody here to start parking back to virrage before liver Niger blidge get hold up o..Prevension is berra than curse..please don mind my orul engrish...
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by jmaine: 1:11pm On Jul 08, 2013
mike404: EKO ONI BAJE O grin

Your a clown grin
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by gbadexy(m): 1:11pm On Jul 08, 2013
find.it.ng:
....am sure haiti was capable of the earthquakes in God's eyes....mtscheww...is ur brain under your bible?....abi under the ultar sef...trust me it aint filled wf holly ministration but dust
Don't be stoopid!
You missed the main point of •̸Ϟ•̸y post. I only went philosophical because if the natural disasters witnessed in america, europe or asia were to happen in africa, it would be disastrous totally. The haitians are neighbors to america or rather in the same region that the hurricane path passes yearly. The place wasn't their ancestral home but colonial re settlement.
I'm sure you are still not able to comprehend that the article said the storm starts from west africa coast and it has been observed since 1995, neither do you know hurricanes start months back as small storms from the atlantic and gradually gather speed as it moves across america!
Take time to learn from your superiors and don't be quick to insult even if you are right. Simply state your case.
Shows you have a single digit I.Q and you probably are the local champion with tangible education in your place, hence the arrogance in stup1dity.
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by ModupeJ(f): 1:21pm On Jul 08, 2013
Afam4eva:
Just pray that you come out alive else you may continue your construction job digging the bottomless pit in hell. I heard satan pays his laborers very well.

Yay!!!!!!! Hahahaha!
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by frainc(m): 1:22pm On Jul 08, 2013
Nna mehnn, na time 4 me to resign and go back to delta be dis o.........bt wait o, oh boy river niger dey dere too o hmmmn na wa o, e bi like say na ibadan go be d better place na o

1 Like

Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by gbadexy(m): 1:23pm On Jul 08, 2013
cecegorz:
Talking about the regular wind patterns, the one that hit Haiti recently, has it been happening prior to then or was there a deviation?
These things defy regular patterns. Let the people and LASG start making preparations instead of this 'God no go allow am' mantra.
•̸Ϟ•̸y brother haiti has always had hurricanes, a quick search by google would show you.
in 1998 they had gustav, 2010; thomas, 2011; irene, 2012; sandy.
They experience it too since they are along its path after it leaves america.
It may sometimes change course and miss a town and pass over another
But all in all, trust ♍ƺ america has an agency monitoring storms that grow big into hurricane and predict their path hence why certain towns are warned ahead and evacuated weeks or months ahead.
If west africa were to be hit that means the hurricane path would reverse and america won't experience it this year but west africa and southern africa. You may as well say the sun would rise from the west and sets at the east! Have you ever heard hurricane no happening in america yearly?
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by Btruth: 1:24pm On Jul 08, 2013
bloggernaija: Serious bullshitas .most hurricanes form over the atlantic ,off africa and moves towards the atlantic coast of the USA .A. medium size Hurricane would almost completely destroy Lagos

Never you take anything for granted my friend. Instead, I will rather suggest, we should be watchful & prayerful. We are not exceptional to natural disaster, we should only pray to God Almighty to avert bad omen on this country.

It is well.

1 Like

Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by trolling(m): 1:30pm On Jul 08, 2013
I hate to burst yall bubbles but a grand and major earthquake is about to shake the whole world which would trigger Tsunamis, remove islands thrusting them into the depth of the oceans, its been proven scientifically and it's in Revelation 6,so I pity una wey think say una mansions safe for lekkie ajah, if you need the documentary on it, I can send it to you, moreso Christ said there would earthquake in divers places, which are the beginning of sorrows
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by donodion(m): 1:44pm On Jul 08, 2013
Besides stormy winds which often end up blowing off roofs of houses,nothing else go shele.We don't have Hurricanes in West Africa.
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by hardbody: 2:05pm On Jul 08, 2013
dasparrow: @Post

By God's grace, the hurricane will turn around before hitting the Lagos shore. Nairalanders, say Amen.

Fake people.
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by hardbody: 2:11pm On Jul 08, 2013
trolling: I hate to burst yall bubbles but a grand and major earthquake is about to shake the whole world which would trigger Tsunamis, remove islands thrusting them into the depth of the oceans, its been proven scientifically and it's in Revelation 6,so I pity una wey think say una mansions safe for lekkie ajah, if you need the documentary on it, I can send it to you, moreso Christ said there would earthquake in divers places, which are the beginning of sorrows

Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by Rooneyboy(m): 2:17pm On Jul 08, 2013
xynerise: Na wa o. I live close to an ocean in Lagos undecided.

Nah! It cant happen grin

New bridge/ first avenue, ba cheesy
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by Ifetex(m): 2:18pm On Jul 08, 2013
So! no part of 9ger is save again?
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 08, 2013
;DAn Opportunity to de-congest lagos!! Even though I forbid it
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by xynerise: 2:41pm On Jul 08, 2013
Rooneyboy:

New bridge/ first avenue, ba cheesy
Nope tongue
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 08, 2013
Lagos is a strong and tough city....we've always survive....and we Shall always survive.

God bless Lagos and keep Lagos and Lagosians away from harm.

Eko o ni Baje ooo
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by ALTRUTH(m): 3:29pm On Jul 08, 2013
victorD3: Its GEJ's fault

Yes oo, it is d fault of d president since naive ppl seem to blame him 4 evrything.
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by kaycrystal(m): 3:36pm On Jul 08, 2013
Someone said there are no natural disasters in naija, anoda answered that with over 150million walkin disasters, we can't ask for more! Now we are talkin hurricane, is it goin to be hurricane bolanle, nkechi or nefisat??

In our typical reasoning; God forbid...
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by adconline(m): 4:21pm On Jul 08, 2013
gbadexy: Op, you probably didn't fully comprehend the news or you probably just posted it anyways.
The winds that gradually grow bigger to form hurricanes start far off, in this case the western african monsoon moves northwards. Besides the movement has been observed since 1995 and we have never experienced a hurricane.
The winds move in a specific direction; the two trade winds affecting nigeria in geography readily comes to mind with the cool wet one from the atlantic and dry wind from sahara. They have their route and seasons.
The one mentioned on that article merely starts from west african monsoon and gathers speed as it travels towards america.
God doesn't give problems nations or group of people can't handle.
Where was God when poorer countries like Haiti, Cuba and Jamaica got hit on several occasions?
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by Heeyhun(f): 4:34pm On Jul 08, 2013
Afam4eva: Some people are busy arguing instead of preparing for the worse. As i'm typing this now, i'm on my way to Cotonou. But wait oo, Cotonou has a large body of water too, right? ***Turns back and heads to Maiduguri***
Got me giggling...from frying pan to fire
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 08, 2013
How to know you are on nairaland:
anything by a white man; no matter how senseless will always make perfect sense to them. Smh. I'm out.

Hurricane ko, sugar cane ni. Mtcheew
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by JamesLucia: 5:40pm On Jul 08, 2013
[quote author=mike404][/quote] hahahahahahahaha that is between d devil n d deep blue sea o
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 08, 2013
kaycrystal: Someone said there are no natural disasters in naija, anoda answered that with over 150million walkin disasters, we can't ask for more! Now we are talkin hurricane, is it goin to be hurricane bolanle, nkechi or nefisat??

In our typical reasoning; God forbid...
lool...tis gunna be 'hurricane kabiiru' grin
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by Preciousgirl(f): 6:13pm On Jul 08, 2013
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by olivertwist: 6:20pm On Jul 08, 2013
O ye my people of Lagos, Fear not this weather forecast by BBC or whoever. I know your enemies are waiting for a disaster to befall you. They pray day and night for your downfall. Even though you've always been good to them by accommodating them. Yet, they are unhappy.They forgot that the LORD, God Almighty is the creator of hurricane. Hear this my people. The LORD GOD Almighty will turn this HURRICANE to SUGARCANE for you. And your enemies shall come back and beg as usual. Fear not.

PEACE. grin grin grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ortom Gives Toyota Prado To First Class Chiefs In Benue (Photos) / Policeman Gives Physically Boy Wheelchair In Rivers (Pictures) / Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.