Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,829 members, 7,831,693 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? (20593 Views)

Buhari's Economic Policies disproportionately affecting Igbos? - Cramjones / Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan / Lagos: Ripples Of Hurricane Sandy May Hit – Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by mamsong9(m): 11:01am On Jul 08, 2013
Ameen, but if it is true please move to avoid bad things

1 Like

Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 08, 2013
kardoso: Dear nairalanders there is a bulldozer (D8k model) I have for sale. A would be buyer should contact me on this phone number:08068388885.
so how is that bulldozer going to help prevent or reduce the effect of the 'hurricane-Nigeria'??
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by smartmom(f): 11:04am On Jul 08, 2013
Please read and comprehend English before crying wolf Poster.
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by 3kay945(m): 11:06am On Jul 08, 2013
Naija has a lot of problems at hand, this cant definitely happen grin
Besides, what the hell is Hurricane? undecided its unknown and alien to Nigeria and Africa at large. its simply UNafrica smiley

1 Like

Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by stephenponti(m): 11:06am On Jul 08, 2013
Afam4eva: Some people are busy arguing instead of preparing for the worse. As i'm typing this now, i'm on my way to Cotonou. But wait oo, Cotonou has a large body of water too, right? ***Turns back and heads to Maiduguri***
boko
Boys ll do u more good than good. Enjoy your race
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by drnoel: 11:09am On Jul 08, 2013
citizenisb: Just saw this on BBC WEATHER a huge rain loud system heading towards West Africa in a few days to weeks with the possibility of a HURRICANE over LAGOS. Please make adequate preparations for this extreme weather system.

To be fore warned is to be fore armed. Evacuate to higher grounds.

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2013/20130523_hurricaneoutlook_atlantic.html

Three climate factors that strongly control Atlantic hurricane activity are expected to come together to produce an active or extremely active 2013 hurricane season. These are:

A continuation of the atmospheric climate pattern, which includes a strong west African monsoon, that is responsible for the ongoing era of high activity for Atlantic hurricanes that began in 1995;

Warmer-than-average water temperatures in the tropical Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean Sea; and

El Niño is not expected to develop and suppress hurricane formation.
Monsoons do not happen in our part of the world.
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by mamsong9(m): 11:12am On Jul 08, 2013
Olamyyde: God pls even if i die, let dis hurricane manage to hit the north and destroy all members of boko haram cry cry

In that case you should pray that the hurricane should start from your house and then all your churches because you people are the founders for Boko Haram
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by segcymoor(m): 11:13am On Jul 08, 2013
stephenponti: boko
Boys ll do u more good than good. Enjoy your race

...I thought as much...' sa fun keke, kolu moto'
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by Phlone(m): 11:14am On Jul 08, 2013
Who ever made this post must be a staff of Sun newspaper because they are notorious for sensationalizing news stories. Just click on the link and you'll see there's nowhere in the story the NOAA predicted any hurricane hitting West Africa, let alone Lagos. Nigerians should please read and understand news stories before misleading others...
“This year, oceanic and atmospheric conditions in the Atlantic basin are expected to produce more and stronger hurricanes,” said Gerry Bell, Ph.D., lead seasonal hurricane forecaster with NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center. “These conditions include weaker wind shear, warmer Atlantic waters and conducive winds patterns coming from Africa."

NOAA’s seasonal hurricane outlook is not a hurricane landfall forecast; it does not predict how many storms will hit land or where a storm will strike. Forecasts for individual storms and their impacts will be provided throughout the season by NOAA’s National Hurricane Center
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by Ustec: 11:20am On Jul 08, 2013
Is Fernando torres(el nino) a meteorologist?
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by abduldope(m): 11:22am On Jul 08, 2013
hurricane AfRika mhn d world is truLy @ eNd
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by elder05(m): 11:30am On Jul 08, 2013
Afam4eva: Some people are busy arguing instead of preparing for the worse. As i'm typing this now, i'm on my way to Cotonou. But wait oo, Cotonou has a large body of water too, right? ***Turns back and heads to Maiduguri***
hurricane or boko haram....... Chose wisely
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by Burger01(m): 11:39am On Jul 08, 2013
if hurricane wan happen make it start from Yuzendo's banana island.

sad

1 Like

Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by boron10(m): 11:40am On Jul 08, 2013
elder05: hurricane or boko haram....... Chose wisely
Choose.

And you're welcome. No need to thank me

1 Like

Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by WildChild00(m): 11:41am On Jul 08, 2013
This calls for attention frm all those in the higher authority, especially the commissional for environment, can somebody tell me name of this hurricane?.....lol Issac, karirina, rita etc
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by Calebeslove4u(m): 11:45am On Jul 08, 2013
dani1luv:

[size=13pt]Where's your sense?[/size]
under his armpit
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by Ustec: 11:45am On Jul 08, 2013
Dat was wat so wea bragging abt some yrs back abt bombings in pakistan and iran,saying it can't happn in 9ja..I guez we an all see wats apening now...beta pray dis 1 shldnt start
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by AmorSincero(m): 11:52am On Jul 08, 2013
Hahahahaaahhaahhaahahahaaah

Singing* I no be gentle man at all oo
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by 190: 11:58am On Jul 08, 2013
dani1luv:

[size=13pt]Where's your sense?[/size]

Shut up fool
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 08, 2013
Don't put your complete trust on the weather man but prepare for the worst while at the same time hoping for the best. Eko ni gba je.
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by Babaofor(m): 12:07pm On Jul 08, 2013
dasparrow: @Post

By God's grace, the hurricane will turn around before hitting the Lagos shore. Nairalanders, say Amen.
This is not an Amen matter...We should prepare for the worst.

1 Like

Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by zPixel(m): 12:07pm On Jul 08, 2013
The earlier we start thinking of ways to reduce global warming the better, else we'll just have to face the wrath of mother nature. We can't just keep abusing the atmosphere and we expect it not to fight back.
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by Mobsync(m): 12:11pm On Jul 08, 2013
dasparrow: @Post

By God's grace, the hurricane will turn around before hitting the Lagos shore. Nairalanders, say Amen.

This's one of the reasons why hurricane kills people in Nigeria. Migrate to higher grounds, you're dropping prayers and later on now, some people will quote me and say I'm undestimating the power of prayers....damn#

If you die, you'll have yourself to blame. :p :p :p
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by biolabee(m): 12:11pm On Jul 08, 2013
is yuzedo's hut in banana island safe from the hurry-cane

where is yuzedoooo

The guy needs to be whipped..

3 Likes

Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 08, 2013
Dusts my car,
Its time to return to Biafra#
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by Hypraise(f): 12:16pm On Jul 08, 2013
Dee60: Hurricanes form on the coast of West Africa and land on the East of America. That has been the pattern. Has something changed? At any rate, all must prepare for the rapture of the saints. That will hit the world greater than any hurricane or any event ever recorded. Let us all accept the gift of Christ for the forgiveness of our sins without delay.
Yes. Signs of the second coming of Jesus Christ. Tis so near. Let's all get ready by forsaking our bad ways and proclaim Him Lord cos it wld be the world's greatest event***
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by multimillionsna: 12:25pm On Jul 08, 2013
nawa oooo.

God no go gree.
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by gbadexy(m): 12:28pm On Jul 08, 2013
Phlone: Who ever made this post must be a staff of Sun newspaper because they are notorious for sensationalizing news stories. Just click on the link and you'll see there's nowhere in the story the NOAA predicted any hurricane hitting West Africa, let alone Lagos. Nigerians should please read and understand news stories before misleading others...
“This year, oceanic and atmospheric conditions in the Atlantic basin are expected to produce more and stronger hurricanes,” said Gerry Bell, Ph.D., lead seasonal hurricane forecaster with NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center. “These conditions include weaker wind shear, warmer Atlantic waters and conducive winds patterns coming from Africa."

NOAA’s seasonal hurricane outlook is not a hurricane landfall forecast; it does not predict how many storms will hit land or where a storm will strike. Forecasts for individual storms and their impacts will be provided throughout the season by NOAA’s National Hurricane Center
I posted a rebuttal on the first page explaining that the storm would only originate through the monsoon storm in west africa and later travel upwards towards america as it has been observed since 1995 but I may as well be posting in greek.
The level of comprehension here is alarming!
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by omiobo: 12:31pm On Jul 08, 2013
Afam4eva:
I'm heading to the Driest part of Nigeria and that is the north.

U for go where rock dey
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by adepojuot: 12:32pm On Jul 08, 2013
Yeeeeeeeee,hurricane keeeee,for where??o boy, I am already on my way to Mogadishu,Somalia.people in ajah,lekki,sorry oooooooo.
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by akorlade(m): 12:44pm On Jul 08, 2013
Now that the spotlight is on YEZEDO bananas iceland. the nincompoo no wan comment, anyways we dey watch.
Re: Risk Of Hurricane Affecting Lagos In A Few Weeks? by cecegorz(m): 12:50pm On Jul 08, 2013
gbadexy: Op, you probably didn't fully comprehend the news or you probably just posted it anyways.
The winds that gradually grow bigger to form hurricanes start far off, in this case the western african monsoon moves northwards. Besides the movement has been observed since 1995 and we have never experienced a hurricane.
The winds move in a specific direction; the two trade winds affecting nigeria in geography readily comes to mind with the cool wet one from the atlantic and dry wind from sahara. They have their route and seasons.
The one mentioned on that article merely starts from west african monsoon and gathers speed as it travels towards america.
God doesn't give problems nations or group of people can't handle.
Talking about the regular wind patterns, the one that hit Haiti recently, has it been happening prior to then or was there a deviation?
These things defy regular patterns. Let the people and LASG start making preparations instead of this 'God no go allow am' mantra.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking! Belgore Declares To Run For Gubernatorial Office In Kwara Under APC. / APC NWC Approves New National Officers / Mali: Jonathan Briefs Buhari, Says Junta Wants ECOWAS Sanctions Removed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.