Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? (43543 Views)

EFCC Seals Borno House Of Assembly, As Hon Members Take To Their Heels - Nationa / War At Benue State House Of Assembly As Lawmakers Exchange Blows / Tonye Harry Is Dead (Ex-Rivers Speaker) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by dBard: 2:42pm On Jul 09, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Bros, the police commissioner with truck load of armed thugs came with the 5 anti amaechi members to initiate a kangaroo seating in the house. How do you copy me?

grin grin grin grin
Seriously, this doesnt merit a response..
Really objective reasoning..

1 Like

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by ogb5(m): 2:44pm On Jul 09, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Bros, the police commissioner with truck load of armed thugs came with the 5 anti amaechi members to initiate a kangaroo seating in the house. How do you copy me?

Bros we copy you, but your report is different from what we are reading.
Go through again and convince yourself of the following.

The speaker summoned the meeting.

After calling for the meeting, the speaker sensed trouble and sent message to the commisioner of police, the brigade commander and leader of the Joint Task Force to provide security to enable the house to sit.

So the sitting was not a kangaroo sitting.
The speaker summoned the police, just that the police did not take sides, they decided to be onlookers in the show of shame.

The house have been on long recess due to the problems the governor is having and those ready for a showdown have been waiting for when the house will convene.
They have gone on indefinite recess again after the fight, anytime there is another sitting, the fight will continue unless they resolve their problems before then.

1 Like

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by tsalam: 2:45pm On Jul 09, 2013
the pro gej guys I hail una. defend gej and his cliques when they even shyte for body. oga oam4j is watching I can't talk much my friend eggheaders alternative monikers are on lengthy ban till 2018. while the rest people that got around the ban placed on them in the adekunle thread are still posting. willywilly6, one naira1, nwabobo, Alfa sapienz.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by JackBaueress(f): 2:54pm On Jul 09, 2013
tsalam: the pro gej guys I hail una. defend gej and his cliques when they even shyte for body. oga oam4j is watching I can't talk much my friend eggheaders alternative monikers are on lengthy ban till 2018. while the rest people that got around the ban placed on them in the adekunle thread are still posting. willywilly6, one naira1, nwabobo, Alfa sapienz.
Ban till 2018? damn, that's wicked! cry
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by slimghost(m): 2:58pm On Jul 09, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

No.

Good. let us all keep quite until we hear the truth.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Bensonite: 2:59pm On Jul 09, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Rhino you are right. I just put a call to friend who works at the assembly complex. The anti-Amaechi group storm the place with thugs but some other assembly members defected to their side making them more than 5 law members( I will try to confirm exact number and names). From what I was told it was attempt to impeach the speaker before the governor stormed the arena to seize the mace. Ordinary the governor should not have done that...maybe he is only trying to save his group.
In all this further polarizes already sectionalized rivers politics and the ordinary man may suffer the set back!

2 Likes

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Rhino5dm: 3:02pm On Jul 09, 2013
slimghost:

Good. let us all keep quite until we hear the truth.

"let us keep quiet "? You and who? Se mo jo omo Ghana?

1 Like

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Jarus(m): 3:03pm On Jul 09, 2013
I am in PH now. Someone just called one of the tax auditors I'm working with to inform him.

I heard the guy is a staunch pro-Amaechi guy. I thought the GEJ-Amaechi face-off had been settled.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by deelobe: 3:04pm On Jul 09, 2013
Can someone please tell me the difference between these guys and the area boys that have been fighting in Musings and Somolu. Charlattans
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by mbulela: 3:04pm On Jul 09, 2013
If you think Amaechi is a rascal,wait for Nyesom Wike. Amaechi is no saint, i wish he was less arrogant but Wike is a one chance bus. Rivers people are in for it. All those following Wike to pay homage at Aso Rock are simply in it for their bellies. The truth is that no one is thinking of the masses. All these career politicians. SMH.

1 Like

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by ogb5(m): 3:05pm On Jul 09, 2013
deelobe: Can someone please tell me the difference between these guys and the area boys that have been fighting in Musings and Somolu. Charlattans

These ones are millionaires while the area boys are paupers

1 Like

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by slimghost(m): 3:05pm On Jul 09, 2013
Jarus: I am in PH now. Someone just called one of the tax auditors I'm working with to inform him.

I heard the guy is a staunch pro-Amaechi guy. I thought the GEJ-Amaechi face-off had been settled.

So what's the true story?
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by ogb5(m): 3:07pm On Jul 09, 2013
mbulela: If you think Amaechi is a rascal,wait for Nyesom Wike. Amaechi is no saint, i wish he was less arrogant but Wike is a one chance bus. Rivers people are in for it. All those following Wike to pay homage at Aso Rock are simply in it for their bellies. The truth is that no one is thinking of the masses. All these career politicians. SMH.

Amaechi sent Wike to Abuja to have some peace in PH, the guys heat was getting too much then, seems the strategy did not work
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by howfarwhatagwan: 3:07pm On Jul 09, 2013
Ok which version are we supposed to believe now? Can we have the video if any? When we keep voting rascals into office this is what we will continue to get. Since democracy returned to Nigeria under every regime there is always a troubled governor of the year. I think Ameachi has won that title in this dispensation LOL.

Kai God I don vex for Naija issue tire now I go just dey laff that's the only way to be remain sane.

GEJ and colleagues (governors, senators, reps) remember not only murderers will burn in hell oh.

1 Like

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by mbulela: 3:08pm On Jul 09, 2013
I knew this will descend into physical combat. The dram was not going to plan according to the script of the Abuja team. At some point they had to get frustrated and impatient and force the matter. We are dealing with thugs on both sides so this was expected.
I also expect GEJ to recognize the impeachment (whether real or imagined). Forget all that forming of gentleman, these clowns are all thugs at heart.
Next expect the EFCC and police treatment and all Amaechi supporters in the house will go into hiding and before you know it, 3 membersof the house will move and effect Amaechi's impeachment. Na today!!
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by creativemusic: 3:09pm On Jul 09, 2013
so leaders are crazy for power, they need to attend leadership grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;Dcourse 101 to be a better leader grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by ogb5(m): 3:11pm On Jul 09, 2013
howfarwhatagwan: Ok which version are we supposed to believe now? Can we have the video if any? When we keep voting rascals into office this is what we will continue to get. Since democracy returned to Nigeria under every regime there is always a troubled governor of the year. I think Ameachi has won that title in this dispensation LOL.

Kai God I don vex for Naija issue tire now I go just dey laff that's the only way to be remain sane.

GEJ and colleagues (governors, senators, reps) remember not only murderers will burn in hell oh.

Only Amaechi used is hands to gather ant infested wood, even when Alams adviced him from experience that you don't fight govt, he did not believe.

Experience is the best teacher they say, lets watch the movie as it unfolds, whoever wins, nothing for us anyway, so why bother

4 Likes

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by mbulela: 3:11pm On Jul 09, 2013
ogb5:

Amaechi sent Wike to Abuja to have some peace in PH, the guys heat was getting too much then, seems the strategy did not work
It was never going to work and Amaechi knew it. It would have been easier to manage wike from Ph than from Abuja but Amaechi was listening to sycophants who wanted to occupy the space Wike was vacating. Wike is a grassroots mobilizer and buldozer (you know what that means in lay terms). He would never want to be side lined from the sharing that goes on at home,no matter the sweet honey in UBE projects.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by kaeto(m): 3:12pm On Jul 09, 2013
Amaechi buckle ur shoes, it's checkout time...
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 09, 2013
This my country politics never seems to lack in drama. This is yet another case of the minority imposing their will on the majority. NGF and now this. Well the aim has been achieved, which is to destabilize the state.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by mbulela: 3:13pm On Jul 09, 2013
howfarwhatagwan:

Bola Ige had since advised us to SIDDON LOOK.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by ogb5(m): 3:14pm On Jul 09, 2013
mbulela: I knew this will descend into physical combat. The dram was not going to plan according to the script of the Abuja team. At some point they had to get frustrated and impatient and force the matter. We are dealing with thugs on both sides so this was expected.
I also expect GEJ to recognize the impeachment (whether real or imagined). Forget all that forming of gentleman, these clowns are all thugs at heart.
Next expect the EFCC and police treatment and all Amaechi supporters in the house will go into hiding and before you know it, 3 membersof the house will move and effect Amaechi's impeachment. Na today!!

GEJ has been lenient, you forgot that Alams impeachment sitting was done in Lagos grin

Ofcourse the new speaker will be the recognised speaker at the FG level, that's why Amaechi quickly kolobi the mace

Though its not yet uhuru, the other camp may come up with another mace tomorrow, how will you know the authentic mace

1 Like

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Chubhie: 3:14pm On Jul 09, 2013
loads of Ghana must go bags must have exchanged hands regardless of which side you are on.

1 Like

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by dBard: 3:16pm On Jul 09, 2013
Listening t Nigerian Info rite now n frankly d stories/account seem scripted..
By tmrw we'll get d true story sha..

On a side note; the Rivers PDP congratulates d nu speaker n commends d law makers on their action.. source:Nigerian Info
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by ochukoccna: 3:16pm On Jul 09, 2013
Her imperial highness handwork don show
Any way madam President,remember the Army is watching regardless of Ihejirika been your relative cool
Eygpt no dey too far O!
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by mbulela: 3:16pm On Jul 09, 2013
Bensonite:
Rhino you are right. I just put a call to friend who works at the assembly complex. The anti-Amaechi group storm the place with thugs but some other assembly members defected to their side making them more than 5 law members( I will try to confirm exact number and names). From what I was told it was attempt to impeach the speaker before the governor stormed the arena to seize the mace. Ordinary the governor should not have done that...maybe he is only trying to save his group.
In all this further polarizes already sectionalized rivers politics and the ordinary man may suffer the set back!
If he seized the mace, then how was the impeachment effected? Next thing they will claim they had effected impeachment before the mace was seized.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by iykofias(m): 3:16pm On Jul 09, 2013
slimming: It is unlawful for the Governor to do that.
u must b a bad reader #Fool
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by sharubutu(m): 3:17pm On Jul 09, 2013

Unlawful for the governor to do what? So many of you on this forum are clowns.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by ocelot2006(m): 3:17pm On Jul 09, 2013
Abagworo:

Rubbish! The FG wants to create another crisis in Rivers State. They should leave us to live in peace. We don't want militancy or Boko Haram here.

Please leave the FG out of that mess.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by iykofias(m): 3:17pm On Jul 09, 2013
u'r such a teribble reader #Fool
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Billionaires: 3:18pm On Jul 09, 2013
Amaechi is going down! Down!! Down!!!
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by ATMCARD2(m): 3:19pm On Jul 09, 2013
Symphony007: HOW RIVERS STATE SPEAKER RT. HON. DAN AMACHREE WAS IMPEACHED

The Rivers State lawmakers have impeached the Speaker of the Rivers State House of Assembly Rt Hon Dan Amachree . A new Speaker Hon Evans Bipi has been elected .However, the Speaker Dan Amacree denied on phone that he has been impeached .We gathered that immediately the speakers was impeached the Assembly complex broke into choas and staff fled as members fought and blows were exchanged.

A group also attempted to collect the mace of the assembly while some staffs who fled claim Gov Ameachi himself stormed the house and took the mace. In an attempt to put a lid on the situation ,Leader of the house, Chidi Lyod has said via call that there was no impeachment but that there is heavy security at the complex, staffs have fled.

Memwhile the Rivers State Commissioner of Information, Mrs Ibim Seminitari has called on channels TV to give the governors side of the story on the issue. She claimed that while the house was about to begin it’s sitting and the speaker was exchanging pleasantries with other members, the leader of the Pro GEJ lawmakers, Evans frustrated with their inability to Impeach the governor walked up to him and started slapping him, to which the speaker fought back and a massive fight erupted in the chamber between Pro Ameachi and Pro GEJ lawmakers. And then some hoodlums hired by the Pro GEJ group according to her jumped in from the gallery and joined the fight attempting to collect the mace.

Upon hearing this from the government house which is a few blocks away from the assembly, the governour set off in his motorcade to the assembly with his security and when he arrived the fight intensified with Pro GEJ lawmakers throwing things at the governor. Cars were destroyed, their were injuries on both side. The commissioner said a full statement will be released on the incident.

http://famouspeoplenews./2013/07/09/how-rivers-state-speaker-rt-hon-dan-amachree-was-impeached/.Amaechi is just a HOODLUM.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Lagos APC Primary Turns Bloody, Party Chairman & Others Brutally Beaten (Photos) / Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges / Presidential Aspirant, Tien Jack Rich Visits Kaduna State Govt Donates N15m To V

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.