Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,917 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook (7309 Views)

Angry Friend Takes To Facebook To Name & Shame A Guy Who Ditched Her / Why Won't He Apologise To Me? / Why Won't a Girl Tell a Boy That She Likes Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by lostgirl85(f): 9:15pm On Jul 09, 2013
Okay so I have been dating this nigerian young man for 4weeks (he is 24 I am 27). Let me first state that we have not had intercourse as yet I have a 3 month rule. Anyways, after a week he asked me to be his girlfriend, everything is going pretty well but initially he told me he was not on fb, when I brung up the subject again he said he doesn't go on there often and was deleting it soon. I just know he is hiding something, or am I over reacting?? The plan is to leave it be and in four weeks ask him if he is still on fb and if he says yes request that he add me on the spot or let me see his profile. (On another side not i don't know what his fb name is else I would have sent a friend request) so secretive and he has lied once already, he told me when he me he was 27 when I googled him and found out his real age he said it was because he knew I wouldn't give him a second look had I known he was younger. To be fair he is right I would have said no way all my exes are at least 10 years my senior although he is a lot more mature then them. But seriously am I overreacting? He asked me to cut off all other men for him...... And one last thing he also says that Nigerians don't introduce you to their mum until they know they want to marry you. Give it to me raw people I can take it. Oh and this one has his British citizenship already grin grin grin
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by k2039: 9:28pm On Jul 09, 2013
everything is going pretty well but initially he told me he was not on fb, when I brung up the subject again he said he doesn't go on there often and was deleting it soon.
He is a liar.
I just know he is hiding something
Since you know, why stay with a secretive man.
so secretive and he has lied once already
You are absolutely correct(based on your post)
he told me when he me he was 27 when I googled him and found out his real age he said it was because he knew I wouldn't give him a second look had I known he was younger.
Another lie (all this early in the relationship, he still has more lies in him.
To be fair he is right I would have said no way all my exes are at least 10 years my senior although he is a lot more mature then them.
Since he is right, why did you choose to be left.
And one last thing he also says that Nigerians don't introduce you to their mum until they know they want to marry you.
Apparently you guys aren't dating with the intent of marriage yet

my2kobo:
1)He can't be trusted, (he is secretive and lies as much as the devil).
2)You are old enough to be married, the earlier you settle for a serious man, the better for you. Even if he doesn't marry 6 years from now, nothing wrong with him.
3)The age issue may still be a big issue (family and other factors, the fact that he is not ready to introduce you to his mum says a lot about that)

My guess is as good as yours, save yourself from future massive heart break now that the danger can still be averted

6 Likes

Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by Enegod(m): 9:29pm On Jul 09, 2013
you are dating another Nigerian guy??!! what happened between you and the Edo guy??

2 Likes

Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by lostgirl85(f): 9:32pm On Jul 09, 2013
k2039: He is a liar.
Since you know, why stay with a secretive man.
You are absolutely correct(based on your post)
Another lie (all this early in the relationship, he still has more lies in him.
Since he is right, why did you choose to be left.
Apparently you guys aren't dating with the intent of marriage yet

my2kobo:
1)He can't be trusted, (he is secretive and lies as much as the devil).
2)You are old enough to be married, the earlier you settle for a serious man, the better for you. Even if he doesn't marry 6 years from now, nothing wrong with him.
3)The age issue may still be a big issue (family and other factors, the fact that he is not ready to introduce you to his mum says a lot about that)

My guess is as good as yours, safe yourself from a future massive heart break now that the danger can still be averted

Thanks for the advice and seriously, we have only been dating four weeks we have spoken on marriage but I am okay to wait a year or two for a proposal...... But you seriously believe that after 4 weeks of dating I should meet his mum? And if so like I said we have not been intimate so I could drop him just like that, but we get along pretty good......
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by lostgirl85(f): 9:34pm On Jul 09, 2013
Enegod: you are dating another Nigerian guy??!! what happened between you and the Edo guy??

I took y'all's advice and dumped his cheating behind NO stress for me and our daughter and btw the other baby mum he brought from Nigeria is still here!!! Kmt you all saved me from some pain. And funny thing is Everyman that hits on me has Nigerian decent lol!!
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by k2039: 9:37pm On Jul 09, 2013
lostgirl85:
But you seriously believe that after 4 weeks of dating I should meet his mum?
No, just boils down to the tone he used and I assumed it sounded like one who didn't want you to.
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 09, 2013
I could give you reasons why you might be over-reacting as there's no concrete proof to attest to the fact that he is fake in your post but there's something about feelings in my stomach that is almost always true. undecided lipsrsealed

And to say the truth, the feelings I got in my stomach when and after reading through your post is that you're on a reeeeaaaaaallllyyyyyy looooonnnnnnggggggg thing!

If you dunno the meaning of that, i can help you out. wink grin
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 09, 2013
How am I expected to know why he hasn't added you on Facebook?
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by lostgirl85(f): 9:46pm On Jul 09, 2013
k2039:
No, just boils down to the tone he used and I assumed it sounded like one who didn't want you to.

You could be right, I was talking about introducing him to my mum and that was his reply which I respect but I wonder if he realises that the day I meet his mum I'm expecting a ring shortly after shocked shocked grin grin
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by lostgirl85(f): 9:47pm On Jul 09, 2013
alutacontinua: I could give you reasons why you might be over-reacting as there's no concrete proof to attest to the fact that he is fake in your post but there's something about feelings in my stomach that is almost always true. undecided lipsrsealed

And to say the truth, the feelings I got in my stomach when and after reading through your post is that you're on a reeeeaaaaaallllyyyyyy looooonnnnnnggggggg thing!

If you dunno the meaning of that, i can help you out. wink grin

Help please wink grin
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by lostgirl85(f): 9:47pm On Jul 09, 2013
sexkillz: How am I expected to know why he hasn't added you on Facebook?
Idk.....
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 09, 2013
lostgirl85: Let me first state that we have not had intercourse as yet I have a 3 month rule.
Lmao. This is funny.
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 09, 2013
lostgirl85:

Help please wink grin

It means you're been taken for a ride.
That sounds more like international english. That first one is customized for Nigerians. wink grin
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by lostgirl85(f): 9:51pm On Jul 09, 2013
sexkillz: Lmao. This is funny.

grin grin grin but why though? It takes time to get to know a person and sex clouds your judgement.....

1 Like

Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by lostgirl85(f): 9:53pm On Jul 09, 2013
alutacontinua:

It means you're been taken for a ride.
That sounds more like international english. That first one is customized for Nigerians. wink grin

Oh no sometimes I feel like that but I know since my daughters dad my judgement skill are off..... Oh we'll another one bites the dust..... Or do you have a suggestion should I demand to see his fb now?
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 09, 2013
lostgirl85:

Oh no sometimes I feel like that but I know since my daughters dad my judgement skill are off..... Oh we'll another one bites the dust..... Or do you have a suggestion should I demand to see his fb now?

Since you don't have any concrete reason yet, try and lie low and ask again some other time. Not now! He'll just open another account and shut you up! Don't break up just yet but don't put too much energy into him yet. Play along! By now, you should also be developing the genes na... tongue
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by Enegod(m): 10:00pm On Jul 09, 2013
lostgirl85:

I took y'all's advice and dumped his cheating behind NO stress for me and our daughter and btw the other baby mum he brought from Nigeria is still here!!! Kmt you all saved me from some pain. And funny thing is Everyman that hits on me has Nigerian decent lol!!
it's a pity....is the new guy financially okey?

1 Like

Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by lostgirl85(f): 10:03pm On Jul 09, 2013
Enegod: it's a pity....is the new guy financially okey?

He is so ambitious and intelligent!!! He has his own business and is in uni (checked out the business online its legit and he goes to the same uni as me mad we never met before) He is so sexy house is sooo posh!! lol i tease him and say he's a player (he hates that) with his penthouse views and his immaculate apartment.and my daughters dad still pays child support for now......
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by lostgirl85(f): 10:04pm On Jul 09, 2013
alutacontinua:

Since you don't have any concrete reason yet, try and lie low and ask again some other time. Not now! He'll just open another account and shut you up! Don't break up just yet but don't put too much energy into him yet. Play along! By now, you should also be developing the genes na... tongue

What's the 'genes na'? Help again please smiley and I don't I let him chase and court me but I am always here when he calls, busy but available.
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by k2039: 10:07pm On Jul 09, 2013
lostgirl85:

grin grin grin but why though? It takes time to get to know a person and sex clouds your judgement.....
Is 3 months is enough to know someone?
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 09, 2013
He's being shady and is probably hiding something, plus to lie about his age...hmm...

2 Likes

Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by lostgirl85(f): 10:09pm On Jul 09, 2013
k2039:
Is 3 months is enough to know someone?

Not fully but enough to build some sort of trust if need be I can wait longer.... He added a month for the age lie..... So usually it's 3 but he is on 4 one more lie and he is done #simple but no sex helps you to see thing a bit clearer before you become whipped!! Then you just forgive them no matter what SMDH men have it so easy!!

1 Like

Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 09, 2013
lostgirl85:

Do you know that sometimes, 3 months is not enough to know a person? Having a 3 month rule doesn't even help matters cos once the 3 months is over, you'll just conclude you know all there is to know about him, and jump into bed with him.

A lot of things can also becloud your judgement. If he had added you on Facebook by now, you'd have seen him in a different light, true or false? Some guys will introduce you to their mom today, and kick you out tomorrow, so that isn't even a yardstick.

You are old enough to know what you want, but here you are complaining about him not adding you on Facebook and that kinda throws me off, cos I wonder when Facebook became a tool for measuring seriousness of a relationship.

2 Likes

Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by lostgirl85(f): 10:13pm On Jul 09, 2013
sexkillz: Do you know that sometimes, 3 months is not enough to know a person? Having a 3 month rule doesn't even help matters cos once the 3 months is over, you'll just conclude you know all there is to know about him, and jump into bed with him.

A lot of things can also becloud your judgement. If he had added you on Facebook by now, you'd have seen him in a different light, true or false? Some guys will introduce you to their mom today, and kick you out tomorrow, so that isn't even a yardstick.

You are old enough to know what you want, but here you are complaining about him not adding you on Facebook and that kinda throws me off, cos I wonder when Facebook became a tool for measuring seriousness of a relationship.

To some fb isn't serious but to me it is like you say he could be a whole nother person on there and I wanna know that person b4 I open my legs and 3 months is a lot longer than most women can say considering I'm not a virgin.
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 09, 2013
lostgirl85:

To some fb isn't serious but to me it is like you say he could be a whole nother person on there and I wanna know that person b4 I open my legs and 3 months is a lot longer than most women can say considering I'm not a virgin.
So Facebook will help you decide what time your legs open? No wonder then. . . So this thread is actually to help determine the most reasonable way to part the legs. . . Interesting.
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by k2039: 10:25pm On Jul 09, 2013
lostgirl85:

If I were him, I'll wait three months, s3x you for another 3 months and use the latter 3 months to discard you (9months of relationship).

Look, everything is wrong with this relationship and the last thread I want to see you create is 'He used and dumped me'.
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by Enegod(m): 10:34pm On Jul 09, 2013
lostgirl85:

He is so ambitious and intelligent!!! He has his own business and is in uni (checked out the business online its legit and he goes to the same uni as me mad we never met before) He is so sexy house is sooo posh!! lol i tease him and say he's a player (he hates that) with his penthouse views and his immaculate apartment.and my daughters dad still pays child support for now......
www.accofranco.hubpages.com/hub/If-You-Are-Getting-Married-To-A-Nigerian-Man-As-A-Foreign-Lady-Read-This

1 Like

Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by lostgirl85(f): 10:59pm On Jul 09, 2013
sexkillz: So Facebook will help you decide what time your legs open? No wonder then. . . So this thread is actually to help determine the most reasonable way to part the legs. . . Interesting.
So your my bitter poster today.... Hi how are you?? Hope all is well, I know it's hard when you are lonely but it will all be better soon pumpkin

2 Likes

Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by lostgirl85(f): 11:01pm On Jul 09, 2013
k2039:

If I were him, I'll wait three months, s3x you for another 3 months and use the latter 3 months to discard you (9months of relationship).

Look, everything is wrong with this relationship and the last thread I want to see you create is 'He used and dumped me'.

Why would you do that?? You would actively call a girl everyday to chat and take her out on dates weekly just for sex!! Damn.....
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by lostgirl85(f): 11:03pm On Jul 09, 2013
Enegod: www.accofranco.hubpages.com/hub/If-You-Are-Getting-Married-To-A-Nigerian-Man-As-A-Foreign-Lady-Read-This

Great article read it ages ago and this one fits the description best he needs me for nothing as far as money/visa so idk what to do.... Guess I will just wait it out and keep my eyes open.
Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by k2039: 11:38pm On Jul 09, 2013
lostgirl85:

Why would you do that?? You would actively call a girl everyday to chat and take her out on dates weekly just for sex!! Damn.....
To think that you are 27 and still think like this is alarming (no disrespect).

A guy will do anything to get into a girls pant (expecially when I'm sure to get into her pants after 3 months and I'm certain I'll always get in when I want).

Besides there are girls I call and chat with virtually everyday and there is no string attached, so imagine what I will do when a pussy is attached.

Let me now put the final name in the coffin.
You want him to add you on fb, so that you can change your relationship status to reveal you are engaged to him.
Apparently, he is already engaged to someone else on his fb, hence he is protecting his own interest to get into your own pant.

I can bet with my life that he sees you as a sex object, nothing more, nothing less.

If you can sit down to think about what you entering into, you won't be here arguing crap with us, have you ever considered the possibility that his mum/family could have a problem with the age. I have heard it times without number that women age faster than men, in this case yours is even exponential.

Like you said he looks like a player to you and he is well established, you will only be demonstrating the apex of all stupidity if you chose to ignore the hand writing on the wall and that will ultimately certify you as a person of the first order.

You are 27 years, an adult, you should be able to determine what's good for you or not and be ready to face the consequence be it good or bad.

The last thing I want to see is you opening a thread 'He dumped me after fucking my pussy like hell'.

2 Likes

Re: Why Won't He Add Me To Facebook by Enegod(m): 11:52pm On Jul 09, 2013
lostgirl85:

Great article read it ages ago and this one fits the description best he needs me for nothing as far as money/visa so idk what to do.... Guess I will just wait it out and keep my eyes open.
give him time it's too early to start judging him...*but keep your eyes wide open* goodluck

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Boyfriend Of Eight Years Is Getting Married This Saturday / 6 Richest And Wealthiest People In The Bible / See The Amount Of Money My Girl Friend's Father Gave To Me (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.