Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Ramadan Journal For Muslims - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ramadan Journal For Muslims (3013 Views)

Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? / Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? / 'Islam For Muslims' Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by maclatunji: 2:42pm On Jul 12, 2013
golpen: Just through with jumuah salaat insha Allah..
Tafsir al-Quran follows immediately. May Allah accept our ibadah in this period of ranadan.

Ameen.
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by maclatunji: 2:43pm On Jul 12, 2013
maclatunji: I have been battling a computer virus at work since yesterday. It is taking a lot of my time and energy. I am a little bit tired already.

Finally deleted the virus. I like to be on top of a situation unless it is beyond my power, I derive a lot of satisfaction from this.
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by kunmibola(m): 5:57pm On Jul 12, 2013
siddiq202:
We do finish our taraweeh around 9:45, that's 15mins more.
Really? So, how do you cope with that everyday?
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by siddiq202(m): 10:37pm On Jul 12, 2013
kunmibola:
Really? So, how do you cope with that everyday?
Practice makes perfect.
You too can start this Ramadan and rest/stop when you are tired. The same apply to your tahjud.

Btw, hope you observed taraweeh at the same mosque tonight? Lol
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by kunmibola(m): 5:07am On Jul 13, 2013
siddiq202:
Practice makes perfect.
You too can start this Ramadan and rest/stop when you are tired. The same applies to your tahjud.

Btw, hope you observed taraweeh at the same mosque tonight? Lol
Lol. Bro, you got me there! I didn't o... But seriously, I mentioned earlier that I travelled somewhere and it was the closest mosque in the vicinity that's why I prayed there. Now, I am back to base where our taraweeh ends 8:30pm maxi! lol
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by Lagusta(m): 5:10am On Jul 13, 2013
salaam.....

fever, general body weakness!!! ya Allah I crave for your mercy!!!
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by kemiola89(f): 5:16am On Jul 13, 2013
^^^ Labasa tohurun insha Allah.

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by maclatunji: 5:39am On Jul 13, 2013
kunmibola:
Lol. Bro, you got me there! I didn't o... But seriously, I mentioned earlier that I travelled somewhere and it was the closest mosque in the vicinity that's why I prayed there. Now, I am back to base where our taraweeh ends 8:30pm maxi! lol

If you live in Nigeria, you are most likely not praying at the right time. At the moment, the time for Ishai in Lagos is 8.22pm or thereabouts. It is certain you cannot finish taraweeh by 8.30pm if you start at this time.

Beware: There are still a lot of mosques out there praying Ishai, taraweeh and other salat at the wrong time rendering them invalid.

May Allah help us.
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by maclatunji: 5:41am On Jul 13, 2013
Lagusta: salaam.....

fever, general body weakness!!! ya Allah I crave for your mercy!!!

May Allah make you well. Take appropriate treatment preferably from an hospital.
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by Lagusta(m): 6:17am On Jul 13, 2013
kemiola89: ^^^ Labasa tohurun insha Allah.[/quote[quote author=maclatunji]

May Allah make you well. Take appropriate treatment preferably from an hospital.
]

jazaakumullah khairan!!!!!

still fasting tho
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by kunmibola(m): 9:43am On Jul 13, 2013
maclatunji:

If you live in Nigeria, you are most likely not praying at the right time. At the moment, the time for Ishai in Lagos is 8.22pm or thereabouts. It is certain you cannot finish taraweeh by 8.30pm if you start at this time.

Beware: There are still a lot of mosques out there praying Ishai, taraweeh and other salat at the wrong time rendering them invalid.

May Allah help us.
Well bro, Ishai starts 8pm in my mosque and like I said earlier, we finish taraweeh at about 8:30pm. If I may ask, is there a set time for taraweeh? What is supposed to be the average duration for the prayer?
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by siddiq202(m): 11:01am On Jul 13, 2013
maclatunji:

May Allah help us.

Yesterday's sermon where I observed Jumah was based on this issue. May Allah forgive us all
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by siddiq202(m): 11:35am On Jul 13, 2013
kunmibola:
Well bro, Ishai starts 8pm in my mosque and like I said earlier, we finish taraweeh at about 8:30pm. If I may ask, is there a set time for taraweeh? What is supposed to be the average duration for the prayer?

Taraweeh starts after Ishai prayer.
He was trying to let you know that at the moment in Lagos (i.e if you live in Lagos) the time for Ishai start some minutes past 8:00pm and there is no way you could finish Isha and taraweeh at 8:30pm if you observe Ishai at the right time.

No specific duration. You can choose to recite short surahs or otherwise, the choice is yours. You should be asking the number of rakats for taraweeh instead.
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by kunmibola(m): 2:01pm On Jul 13, 2013
siddiq202:

Taraweeh starts after Ishai prayer.
He was trying to let you know that at the moment in Lagos (i.e if you live in Lagos) the time for Ishai start some minutes past 8:00pm and there is no way you could finish Isha and taraweeh at 8:30pm if you observe Ishai at the right time.

No specific duration. You can choose to recite short surahs or otherwise, the choice is yours. You should be asking the number of rakats for taraweeh instead.

Good one there! We are still saying the same thing and I have told you the exact time of prayers in my mosque, I live outside Lagos at the moment. I pray in a congregation that consists mostly of old people and I believe that's the reason behind the fast prayers. Anyways, lets not detail from the topic. How is the fasting going over there?
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by siddiq202(m): 4:13pm On Jul 13, 2013
^Alhamdulilah!
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by maclatunji: 4:36pm On Jul 13, 2013
Today has been about moving from one task to the other. Feeling good though.
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by kunmibola(m): 7:45pm On Jul 13, 2013
Feeling good here too... Just finished eating rice and beans!
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by golpen(m): 11:04pm On Jul 13, 2013
Omo na sleep sure pass o!..very tired and still sot a lot of task ahead tomorrow... May ALLAH wake us in good health.
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by maclatunji: 11:30pm On Jul 13, 2013
^Ameen. I just finished setting a rat trap. Those vermin are getting out of hand.
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by golpen(m): 6:13am On Jul 14, 2013
^ I'm sure the rat must have pulled up some frustrating mischiefs to warrant that trap grin , let's hope it falls in.

Alhamdulillah...its dawn again as day 5 picks underway...plenty things to do, especially an important meeting with partners. I'll just hope I'm conscious enough to know that I'm fasting so I don't yell out hurtful words in the boiling issues.
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by maclatunji: 10:35am On Jul 14, 2013
^Meetings with partners are always interesting. The rats are fleeing flooding in the sewers due to rain into homes. I got 3 adults in 3 consecutive days about 2 weeks ago.

So far, so good today. Really enjoyed my meal at sahur, listened to tafsir and special prayers after.
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by Jibson999(m): 10:47am On Jul 14, 2013
Salam....May Allah accept all our ibadah (amin). Pls I'd like to know the ruling of reading or touching the quran without wudhu.
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by golpen(m): 12:51pm On Jul 14, 2013
maclatunji: ^Meetings with partners are always interesting. The rats are fleeing flooding in the sewers due to rain into homes. I got 3 adults in 3 consecutive days about 2 weeks ago.

So far, so good today. Really enjoyed my meal at sahur, listened to tafsir and special prayers after.

Don't mind those guys jare...did you say 3 adult rats in 3 consecutive days?!, that's a feast for some folks cheesy .

Preparing for the meeting now...
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by maclatunji: 3:20pm On Jul 14, 2013
Jibson999: Salam....May Allah accept all our ibadah (amin). Pls I'd like to know the ruling of reading or touching the quran without wudhu.

Please read this thread thoroughly https://www.nairaland.com/1353710/reading-quran-during-ramadan
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by maclatunji: 10:43am On Jul 16, 2013
I have been finding it difficult to wake-up on time for the last 2 days. The reason is not difficult to figure out, I am now getting only about 5-6 hours of sleep daily.

I just realised that my thinking is also slow this morning. Many non-Muslims think Ramadan is all about not eating from dawn to dusk. #Ignorance

For many people, the greatest physical challenge from fasting is sleeping less.
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by golpen(m): 3:43pm On Jul 16, 2013
^ I seriously agree with you. I've not had good sleeps really since the beginning of ramadan.

Stressful day today, going home now to battle with my printer cartridge. It really gave me a serious problem yesterday and greatly affected my plans today.
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by Maisuya1: 3:49am On Jul 17, 2013
I can't wait to leave d UK back to 9ja it has messd up my Ramadan schedule, imagine sleeping @ 10pm yet it's not isha prayer time, and waking up at 3.20am and u 've already missed suhr food, and then u r to fast for close to 15 hrs.
Hmm 9 ja here I come (home swt home)
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by tbaba1234: 4:36am On Jul 17, 2013
maclatunji:

May Allah help us.

This thing is a serious issue and you can't even tell the older folks. They would ask you: what do you know? So you think you know more than us abi....

On whether it is invalid, Allahu Alim. Sometimes people do things to the best of their knowledge. Allah will judge us individually. The leaders are more accountable.

It was easier in the olden days to just fix time. I still think times should be fixed but there should be a yearly review. Until the general muslim population is more educated, we will have to manage that.
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by maclatunji: 6:08am On Jul 17, 2013
^You seem to be more inclined towards 'pleasing' those who wilfully decide to do the wrong things because you shy away from the 'consequences' of 'challenging' them.

Your suggestion of yearly reviews of prayer times is not very different from what we currently have in many mosques. There is about a 45 minute differencece between the earliest starting time and latest starting time for prayers like Subhi and Maghrib.

Your suggestion implies that people would be praying at the wrong time many times within a single year.

A better solution is to introduce clocks with prayer times in many of the mosques and have discussions with the Imams and congregation until the required changes are made.

One has to learn to be firm if you want to achieve tangible results. It is not about fighting people but being assertive with what you know is right.

I am taking a nap now.
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by tbaba1234: 6:33am On Jul 17, 2013
I think you misunderstand me. The time changes in Nigeria are still relatively very minimal, it is very possible to fix a time that works all year round.

I think that is the easiest way to fix it. Because, the level of education is generally not high.. This way the mosques have a timetable distributed to them every year. This would have an immediate impact. I have looked at it before it is possible.

A second campaign can be what you suggested, gradually increasing awareness

I have been engaged in arguments with older relatives over this. They look at you as strange and as if you are trying to show knowledge.
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by maclatunji: 9:49am On Jul 17, 2013
^I have seen what it takes to make the required change. From experience, the best way is to ensure that people understand that the timings for salat vary throughout the year and those changes should reflect in prayer times.

Your suggestion might seem to work initially. However, over time it would still revert to the problem it sought to correct because people failed to grasp the fact that the time for salat varies and is not fixed.
Re: Ramadan Journal For Muslims by Sissie(f): 9:51am On Jul 17, 2013
Salam, I have seen calender by a group of muslim printed every year, it tells you the time of prayer in each states and tells you its pLus or minus few minutes, for each state.
Its not always accurate but its actually ok, and better than the time some imam call prayer.
Most people don't know how to tell the time of prayer using sun.
Even thou I won't realy on A calender its actually a starting point, for imam who loves calender and timetable.
@maclatunji in as much as I agree with you its not very different, its actually still a lil bit better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If Yahweh And Allah Are The Same God / Is It Permissible For A Muslim To Wish A Christian A Merry Christmas? / Rules Guiding The Use Of Sutrah During Salat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.