Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,112 members, 7,849,468 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:07 PM

Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) (30357 Views)

Photos Of America Welcoming GEJ And PMB. Who Did They Respect The More? / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters / A Picture Of President Jonathan In His Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by omonla555: 12:28pm On Jul 11, 2013
nwabobo: [size=34pt]Click like if you HATE GEJ[/size]

YES I DO
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by Teejay621(m): 12:34pm On Jul 11, 2013
I read somewhere that he went with an entourage of over 110 people. For a loan of $1.1 Billion (#176 Billion Naira), the cost of this trip could even be slightly above #1Billion naira. We are a very wasteful country!
Nigeria doesn't need foreign loans for anything. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by nduchucks: 12:39pm On Jul 11, 2013
Our President was given a very befitting welcoming ceremony and I applaud the Chinese government for it.

I do not understand why we must take a $3billion loan when we have over $40 in reserves alone and billions more in various funds. The Chinese will be the primary beneficiaries of this loan because they will be awarded the contracts and projects which will be associated with the loan. The $3billion will ireturn to China and provide employment for Chinese citizens who will be brought to Nigeria at exorbitant salaries.

My sister Ngozi, why did you advise GEJ to do this? Why must you make it so easy for the Chinese to fork us again? Have they not done enough as it is?

Allah will punish you people soon enough.

2 Likes

Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by NNMUU(m): 12:49pm On Jul 11, 2013
*Just thinking to myself*
How does GEJ understand what the Chinese President is saying at this very moment??
naptu2: More pictures.
[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1194460_27a15ece3931c783202e9f27f59e0913bb58ac60_jpgccc17099fce6fa47745f55cb340b9ae5[/img]
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by naptu2: 12:56pm On Jul 11, 2013
NNMUU: *Just thinking to myself*
How does GEJ understand what the Chinese President is saying at this very moment??

That was right after the parade commander invited the presidents to inspect the guard of honour. They were about to leave the podium and Jinping seems to be saying "after you" or "this way".
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by naptu2: 1:02pm On Jul 11, 2013
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by BAKAREAAT(m): 2:08pm On Jul 11, 2013
I DONT THINK HATERS AS SUCH BUT LOOK AT THE SITUATION OF THE COUNTRY HOLISTICALLY.RICH COUNTRY BUT POOR PEOPLE IDEOLOGIES .I ASK THAT QUESTION SHOULD THAT BE.
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 11, 2013
As much the loan is a good deal with low interest rate and needed, the FG must make sure it is judiciously used to the letter for the projects earmarked.

It will be a disaster and unjustifiable increament of debts should this loan end up in pockets of corrupt nigerians/politicians via outright stealing/inflation of contracts if the govt failed to deliver on those infrastructures and part of it will definitely find its way back to china by chinese investors/contractors/construction companies so they aint doing us special favours.

More grease to GEJ elbows but he must ensure nigerians aint f***ed both ways cos to whom much is given much is expected.
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by playmode(m): 2:45pm On Jul 11, 2013
[size=15pt][b]I am quoting/reposting Wola44 post from the other thread shocked shocked

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

MORE FACT

It is when they send drivers or special assistants flashing sign-posts with name tags to welcome our president that some of our people will get it .... You don't buy self-esteem... it must be natural to you

Omowaiye Oluremi wrote

The Man that came to welcome GEJ is number 10 on the hierarchy level of the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs

1.Wang Yi,Foreign Minister
2.Zhang Yesui, Executive Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs
3.Song Tao, Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs
4.Zhai Jun, Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs
5.Cheng Guoping, Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs
6.Liu Zhenmin, Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs
7.Zhang Kunsheng, Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs
8.Zhang Ming, Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs
9.Ma Zhaoxu, Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs
10.Le Yucheng, Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs ********
11.Zheng Zeguang, Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs

Check China Foreign Affairs Ministry Website :http://www.fmprc.gov.cn/eng/wjb/zygy/

Habba ! How can an Assistance minister not even a vice minister of foreign affairs receive a visiting president of a country. Not just any country, Nigeria for God’s sake the Nigerian delegation was over 100 including 11 Nigerian Ministers. Whether we believe it or not, economically, Nigeria is a power house in Africa. If Obama goes to China today, will Li Yucheng receive him at the airport? As China is to the world in population and economic (sic) might, so is Nigeria to Africa. When Obama visited China in 2009, President Obama got the full entourage. He was welcomed by then President Hu Jintao and Premier Xi Jinping and a host of other officials who met the Air Force One when it landed in Beijing. When U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron visited in 2010, he was welcomed by Prime Minister Wen Jiabao. So why not afford the same courtesy to the president of China’s third largest trade partner ?

So Mr always ask questions when you dont know !

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[img]http://tt13.files./2012/05/man-crying.png?w=500[/img]
Chai Jonathan don suffer ooo![/b][/size] grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by naptu2: 2:54pm On Jul 11, 2013
^^^^^^^

A little correction. Obama was welcomed by the Vice President at the airport and taken to The Great Hall of The People where the President received him.

President obama received at Beijing Airport by the Chinese Vice President.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkCesv5sd20

Welcoming ceremonies for President Obama at The Great Hall of The People.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtmsoNAy_rM

1 Like

Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by playmode(m): 2:58pm On Jul 11, 2013
naptu2: ^^^^^^^

A little correction. Obama was welcomed by the Vice President at the airport and taken to The Great Hall of The People where the President received him.

President obama received at Beijing Airport by the Chinese Vice President.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkCesv5sd20

Welcoming ceremonies for President Obama at The Great Hall of The People.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtmsoNAy_rM

[size=15pt]That may true but even you must agree that the chinese should not have sent such a low ranking officer to meet GEJ.Jokes aside that was not cool on the part of the chinese.[/size]
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by DerideGull(m): 3:55pm On Jul 11, 2013
P.Stacks:
America has not said they won't play with us.
America only said we should strengthen our democratic institutions..

America didn't insult us, they only adviced.
Romancing with China to spite America is not Healthy.. More so, China doesn't pay attention to details.. Bridges collapse everyday in China, Story of Train derailing in more rampant in China. Just recently, Asiana Airline crash landed a plane in San Francisco In yankee..
I'm not saying America is Perfect, they have their own short comings, but America is number 1 and it doesn't make sense romancing with Number 2 or se 3 ni behind russia.
You can never compare "Made in China" and "Made in America"

We are Giants of Africa and African's Number 1, it makes sense Romancing with world number 1.. Like Obama romance with Mandela, 1st black American president visiting 1st black South African President..

Dangote romancing with Bill gates.. Africa's Number 1 and World/American number 1..

I just hope u guys c where I'm coming from.

My GEJ rating has dropped 15 basis point.

Goodluck sha..

Has Nigeria said it will not play with USA? Is USA dealing with China spite on Nigeria? Countries are free to engage in diplomatic ties with any country of their choice. Do you know how many bridges that collapsed in USA in a day?
In fact, your entire postulations looked childish at best. The president of any country with similar views such as the ones you displayed on the above post should not receive any form reception from developed countries such as China.
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by naptu2: 4:05pm On Jul 11, 2013
playmode:

[size=15pt]That may true but even you must agree that the chinese should not have sent such a low ranking officer to meet GEJ.Jokes aside that was not cool on the part of the chinese.[/size]

I don't agree because I don't think it's a big deal. Nigeria also does the same (send low level officials to receive heads of state) and it hasn't caused any problems in the past. Obasanjo's government once published a protocol list in which permanent secretaries, etc were designated to receive heads of state. In fact I'm going to look for that list (hope I still have it).

What's important is that he was received by the Chinese head of state, received the national salute and engaged in bilateral talks (that is, he achieved the purpose of his visit).
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by naptu2: 4:08pm On Jul 11, 2013
ndu_chucks: Our President was given a very befitting welcoming ceremony and I applaud the Chinese government for it.

I do not understand why we must take a $3billion loan when we have over $40 in reserves alone and billions more in various funds. The Chinese will be the primary beneficiaries of this loan because they will be awarded the contracts and projects which will be associated with the loan. The $3billion will ireturn to China and provide employment for Chinese citizens who will be brought to Nigeria at exorbitant salaries.

My sister Ngozi, why did you advise GEJ to do this? Why must you make it so easy for the Chinese to fork us again? Have they not done enough as it is?

Interestingly CCECC are executing the Abuja rail project. I think someone expressed similar sentiments on the BBC page and gave an example to buttress his point. I'll go search for it.
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by naptu2: 4:22pm On Jul 11, 2013
ndu_chucks: Our President was given a very befitting welcoming ceremony and I applaud the Chinese government for it.

Mike Dobson
The Chinese gave soft loans to Sri Lanka, then the SL government announced that they couldn't afford to repay the loans, so they just handed over the infrastructure to China. China now owns ports, airports, highways . . . it will happen in Nigeria too.

Like · 4 · Reply · 3 hours ago
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by christendom2004: 7:00am On Jul 12, 2013
Lilimax: Seems the image is not very sharp. Regarding steam bath, oga GEJ may not need ...you'll agree with me that he is dark in complexion naturally wink.

I guess this forum really represent the characteristics of an average Nigerian
1. THEY OVER INTELLIGENT: it is only in Nigeria you will see a garri seller, bicycle repairer, and all manner of people analysing matters you may never know about the workings of ASO ROCK and how the POLICY OF SANUSI LAMIDO ON RECAPITALISATION OF BANK IS BAD. If we do not understand a thing you keep shut. What concern the colour of Mr. President's face and the good works he is doing? shocked
Lilimax: Seems the image is not very sharp. Regarding steam bath, oga GEJ may not need ...you'll agree with me that he is dark in complexion naturally wink.

I guess this forum really represent the characteristics of an average Nigerian
1. THEY OVER INTELLIGENT: it is only in Nigeria you will see a garri seller, bicycle repairer, and all manner of people analysing matters you may never know about the workings of ASO ROCK and how the POLICY OF SANUSI LAMIDO ON RECAPITALISATION OF BANK IS BAD. If we do not understand a thing you keep shut. What concern the colour of Mr. President's face and the good works he is doing?

1 Like

Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by naptu2: 7:07am On Jul 14, 2013
I forgot to mention this. US President Jimmy Carter visited Nigeria in 1978. He was met at the airport by Nigeria's foreign minister, Major General Joseph Garba and led to Dodan Barracks where the Chief of Staff, Supreme Headquarters, Major General Shehu Musa Yar'Adua and the Head of State, Lieutenant General Olusegun Obasanjo staged a welcoming ceremony for him. That did not and has not diminished the US in any way. See the video here

https://www.nairaland.com/1232053/jimmy-carter-dodan-barracks-1978
Re: Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 15, 2015
President GEJ is cute indeed,
He is campaigninig and He is working for the better of our country.

God bless GEJ***

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity - Where Are These Sets Of People? / FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year / Buhari Insists Adamu Is Preferred Candidate For APC Chair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.