Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Saints And Sinners - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Saints And Sinners (8168 Views)

Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi / 10 Ways Sinners Celebrate Easter- By Tosyne2much / God's Word To All Jehovah Witness, Atheist And Sinners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saints And Sinners by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:02pm On Jul 28, 2013
Goshen360:

The same thing Judaizers taught to the Galatians church. They taught faith alone is TOO SIMPLE and easy. Works of the law must be added! These are they that trouble the Christian converts! History is repeating itself in our days.

You are yet to answer my question whether you preach repentance and you are here practising grasshopping event. Those who preach salvation without repentance are strangers to repentance themselves and thus strangers to true conversion.
Re: Saints And Sinners by Goshen360(m): 11:05pm On Jul 28, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

You are yet to answer my question whether you preach repentance and you are here practising grasshopping event. Those who preach salvation without repentance are strangers to repentance themselves and thus strangers to true conversion.

So you are the only one that have the true conversion? Okay, I preach repentance to sinners and allow the Holy Spirit convict their world of sin and bring them to repentance. The rest, I point them to Christ NOT laying down rules, dos and donts to them. I let the Spirit of God rule them, where the Spirit rules, there's liberty.
Re: Saints And Sinners by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:08pm On Jul 28, 2013
Goshen360:

So you are the only one that have the true conversion? Okay, I preach repentance to sinners and allow the Holy Spirit convict their world of sin and bring them to repentance. The rest, I point them to Christ NOT laying down rules, dos and donts to them. I let the Spirit of God rule them, where the Spirit rules, there's liberty.

Talk is sweet. Refer me to one of your posts where you preached repentance if you truly did at all for me to take you serious. cool
Re: Saints And Sinners by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:37pm On Jul 28, 2013
Where is the grasshopper now.
Re: Saints And Sinners by Goshen360(m): 11:40pm On Jul 28, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Talk is sweet. Refer me to one of your posts where you preached repentance if you truly did at all for me to take you serious. cool

Please don't let me abuse or insult you here. You're going beyond your limits. If you want to find out on that ^ you have job to do, go through all my POST or THREADS from day one and start searching by yourself. If you don't see one, then come back! Am I accountable unto you? What nonsense is that?
Re: Saints And Sinners by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:44pm On Jul 28, 2013
Goshen360:

Please don't let me abuse or insult you here. You're going beyond your limits. If you want to find out on that ^ you have job to do, go through all my POST or THREADS from day one and start searching by yourself. If you don't see one, then come back! Am I accountable unto you? What nonsense is that?

Don't be a jackanapes. Do as you have been requested or forever hold your peace. smiley
Re: Saints And Sinners by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jul 28, 2013
Goshen360:

grin a saint cannot sin.
Re: Saints And Sinners by DrummaBoy(m): 11:52pm On Jul 28, 2013
@ Bidam

I would have appreciated it if you had taken my post and done a line by line analysis of it. Because if you had done that, you would have found where I showed you from 2 Corinthians 3 that the law of Moses, including the ten commandments, have passed away. Also I explained my position of keeping the law in the NT from Romans 3:31, that this must be founded on the foundation of no works - justification by faith; for which I, like Paul, provided an example in Abraham and David, from Romans 4. But just in case you missed it all. I will endeavor to take this post of yours and repeat myself. If after this you choose not to hear, I will lump you up with OLAADEGBU AND MostHigh - the un-redeemable Judaizer(BTW, expect my soon coming thread titled DEFINING MODERN DAY JUDAIZERS - Case in point OLAADEGBU, MostHigh and please don't joing the list)

[quote author=Bidam]
Stop talking nonsense here,this is what i actually asked Goshen in the righteousness thread which he failed woefully in responding.You can respond if you can inline with the scriptures i quoted and stop going round in circles.

So far, despite all that I have said, rather than respond you choose to lump it all as "nonsense" - there is no better way to avoid being shown the truth than to discard it with a wave of hand.

I actually quoted the Pauline letters which you love to quote so much as per fulfilling the law,which wan con be error for this matter again? Ok,here are the scriptures once again.

Okay, bring them on:

we do not nullify the Law through faith, “on the contrary, we uphold the Law”( Romans3:31)

What law is paul referring to here?

I have explained this in my last post; you may check it out. It is proof that you didn't read that post.

Romans 8:4

New International Version (NIV)

4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

And this was my interpretation of the scripture above in blue "Those who have been made righteous by faith and have thus received the holy Spirit are now able to fulfill the requirements of the Law" or do you have a contrary opinion? please share in line with this scripture so i could be edified.

Two things can be seen from Romans 8:4: A righteous requirement of the law and those who live by the Spirit and not according to the flesh. The righteous requirement of the law is what the law was set out to achieve. Perfection. Holiness. Righteosness. Paul has shown in Romans 3 that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. That was the aim of giving the law in the first place: to show that NO ONE could meet up or reach or attain the righteous requrement of the law. No one could be perfect. Holy like God nor sinless. One man however achieved this: JESUS CHRIST. So what? The righteous requirement of the law is meant in those who walk by the Spirit not by the flesh. Romans 8:4 started from verse 1, where we have been shown that there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus. Why? Because they follow a new law. Not the law of Sin and death. The law of Moses that a man was surely to break and will lead ultimately to death but the Law of the Spirit of Life, which had no cause and effect. It give life through the Spirit. The law of Sin and death had cause and effect: sin and die. This one no cause and effect: Have the Spirit, have life.

So, when we follow this law of Spirit of life, the righteous requirement of the law, that could not be attained by keeping Moses, is given to us, via the perfect righteousness of Jesus, we have an imputed righteousness, our sin are covered, We put on his righteous garment, we are sinless and spotless before God; because God sees us through Jesus.

And it is only via this means that the other righteous requirement of the law, which is sanctification and holiness, is actually attained. Read the last verse of 2 Corinthians 3. We transformed from glory to glory. That is the foundation on which true holiness is achieved.

So, Bidam, that scripture is not saying what you are saying. We have been justified by faith yes, but it is not automatic and be now able to fulfill the requirements of the Law. The impression you are giving is that being saved equals keeping the law perfectly. NO. I am saying being saved and justified, we earn another man's perfect works. Have that depositied in our account eternally; then we begin to walk into the whole process of sanctification and holiness. A process of growth that only God and the individual involved have dealings with - it is no other person's business.

I also went ahead to capture the Law a christian should fulfill,which Paul was talking about by quoting these verses of scripture in Romans 13:8-10.

[i]Romans 13:8-10

New International Version (NIV)

8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law. 9 The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,”[a] and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as [/i]yourself.” 10 Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law..

So we are commanded to love one another as love is the fulfillment of the LAW .Please show me where i teach error abeg

See. You have actually answered your own question. The law is fulfilled in Christ and even Jesus gave us a breifing on the summary of the law which Paul too has quoted above. There is an interesting scriputre in Galatians 5:

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law

If we combine Paul's words in Galatians with Jesus' summary of the law, we can say this: that the law is summed up in these two - love God; love your neighbour. This love is shown by Paul via the bearing of the fruit of the Spirit. When one is led of the Spirit, under the law of the Spirit of Life, and is bearing the fruit of the Spirit, there is no other law to keep: there is no law.

So far, as far as that last scriputre is concerned you are in line. The problem with those who continue to uphold Moses' laws as something Christians to keep is that many people are very insecure and would want to act as police or even god to others. A man is saved by Christ; leave Christ alone with the man to lead him through the whole path of sanctification. God is sufficient in himself; he does not need anyone to help him with rules and regulations. So you are not teaching heresy as long as you are emphasizing the need for Christians to walk in love.

Bidam, you will do well to listen to Goshen, there are no ceremonial laws, civil laws or such like. Pentecostal theologians created that to justify the keeping of some aspect of Moses' laws, chief amongst them is tithing. Every thing that came through Moses is done away in the Cross of Jesus. "The law was given through Moses; but grace and truth came with Jesus Christ".

I end this by stating this: there are laws for Christians to keep but they are not Moses. These laws include many of the admonisions of Paul in the practical aspects of his epistles (the latter parts); they also include the law of love - bearing the fruit of the Spirit and last and most especially the laws written on our own hearts. The latter is what it means to be lead of the Spirit of God. He would instruct you and show you the path that you must walk. This is the whole basis for maturity. Those under the law are considered Children and servants. Sonship is not being under law but being able to be led by the law giver himself - the Holy Spirit.

Good night.

1 Like

Re: Saints And Sinners by Goshen360(m): 11:56pm On Jul 28, 2013
Bidam: grin a saint cannot sin.

and a sinner is not saints... grin grin grin. You dey see me see wahala so? grin grin grin

honestly Bidam, Ola your brother does not know who a saint or a Christian is.
Re: Saints And Sinners by Goshen360(m): 12:06am On Jul 29, 2013
@ DrummarBoy,

Thanks a million. I'm heading to the righteousness thread to reply Bidam. I will amplify on your points using scriptures. Thank you my beloved brother!
Re: Saints And Sinners by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:31am On Jul 29, 2013
Goshen360:

and a sinner is not saints... grin grin grin. You dey see me see wahala so? grin grin grin

honestly Bidam, Ola your brother does not know who a saint or a Christian is.

See how the Bible twister take style twist bidam's phrase. shocked

1 Like

Re: Saints And Sinners by Nobody: 1:12am On Jul 29, 2013
DrummaBoy: @ Bidam

I would have appreciated it if you had taken my post and done a line by line analysis of it
.I did reply your post,but you made it difficult for me to do a line by line analysis of it by quoting.If you had remove the quotes,i guess it would have been easier and the network was also another contributing factor to my reply.
Because if you had done that, you would have found where I showed you from 2 Corinthians 3 that the law of Moses, including the ten commandments, have passed away. Also I explained my position of keeping the law in the NT from Romans 3:31, that this must be founded on the foundation of no works - justification by faith; for which I, like Paul, provided an example in Abraham and David, from Romans 4. But just in case you missed it all. I will endeavor to take this post of yours and repeat myself. If after this you choose not to hear, I will lump you up with OLAADEGBU AND MostHigh - the un-redeemable Judaizer(BTW, expect my soon coming thread titled DEFINING MODERN DAY JUDAIZERS - Case in point OLAADEGBU, MostHigh and please don't joing the list)
grin since you already nailed me to the cross of a judaizer,pls by all means label me as such.Jesus and Paul were judaizers by their own rights.What makes you think it would remove anything from me, if you label me as such? 2C0R3 you quoted never says the ten commandments has passed away,that is you private interpretation and NOT scriptures. It talks about the NEW COVENANT not the 10 laws as you would have us believe.The confusion actually arises when you read Paul letters thinking he was referring the law of Moses to the ten commandments.

The law of Moses is NEVER called the Ten Commandments. It comprises only statutes and judgments which God gave him to communicate to the people. The difference between the law of Moses and the Ten Commandments is that God spoke the ten words, but Moses delivered the statutes and judgments.

Now, when Moses first delivered the statutes and judgments, the law of Moses had no sacrifices connected with it. Jeremiah said so! (Jer. 7:22)

The law of Moses was originally the civil law, based on the principles of the Ten Commandments. These civil statutes and judgments are right and good (Psalm 119:7,cool.

But after the close of the old covenant (Ex. 24) , the Levitical priesthood was established and the laws regulating offerings were added (Exodus 28: 1 ). (Prior to this time offerings were voluntary and young men were priests-Exodus 24: 5.)

When God brought Israel to the foot of Mt. Sinai, He gave the Ten Commandments to them. He allowed Moses to declare all the statutes and judgments to Israel (Exodus, chapters 20-24). These statutes and judgments MAGNIFY the Ten Commandments.

Now notice carefully. There is only one sacrifice mentioned in the book of the law-the passover sacrifice (Exodus 23 : 18). God called it “MY sacrifice.” Next, turn to Jeremiah 7:22-23. Listen to what the Eternal inspired Jeremiah to write: “For in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, I DID NOT SPEAK . . . OR COMMAND them concerning burnt offerings and sacrifices. But this COMMAND I GAVE THEM: ‘Obey my voice . . . and walk in ALL THAT WAY THAT I COMMAND YOU, that it may be well with you.’

God did not command these sacrifices to be offered originally. This explains why none of those temporary sacrifices were perpetuated by different symbols in the New Testament Church. ONLY THE SYMBOLS TODAY-because it began before the old covenant was made. (See its institution in Exodus 12 before the Israelites left Egypt.)

The very fact that Jesus substituted unleavened bread and wine for the passover lamb only, and not for the temporary offerings, is absolute proof that the ceremonial old testament offerings are not binding today!-but that the passover is binding! Paul says (Gal. 3: 19) these temporary rituals and sacrifices were “added because of transgression”-because God’s spiritual law was being broken-until Christ should come. They foreshadowed the sacrifices of Christ and were a “reminder of sin” to teach the people the need of the Messiah who would pay the penalty of human transgression (Hebrews 10:3)
Re: Saints And Sinners by Nobody: 2:05am On Jul 29, 2013
DrummaBoy:

So far, despite all that I have said, rather than respond you choose to lump it all as "nonsense" - there is no better way to avoid being shown the truth than to discard it with a wave of hand.
How can i respond to your hog wash you wrote when you deliberately ignored all the scriptures i quoted.

I have explained this in my last post; you may check it out. It is proof that you didn't read that post.
I read your post and it made no sense to this scripture i quoted.

Romans 3:31 - Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
Paul believed that thru faith we do not make the Law void, but rather we establish the Law (To cause or make to stand,).

Two things can be seen from Romans 8:4: A righteous requirement of the law and those who live by the Spirit and not according to the flesh. The righteous requirement of the law is what the law was set out to achieve. Perfection. Holiness. Righteosness. Paul has shown in Romans 3 that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. That was the aim of giving the law in the first place: to show that NO ONE could meet up or reach or attain the righteous requrement of the law. No one could be perfect. Holy like God nor sinless. One man however achieved this: JESUS CHRIST. So what? The righteous requirement of the law is meant in those who walk by the Spirit not by the flesh. Romans 8:4 started from verse 1, where we have been shown that there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus. Why? Because they follow a new law. Not the law of Sin and death. The law of Moses that a man was surely to break and will lead ultimately to death but the Law of the Spirit of Life, which had no cause and effect. It give life through the Spirit. The law of Sin and death had cause and effect: sin and die. This one no cause and effect: Have the Spirit, have life.
You keep repeating the same blunders that Paul was trying hard to make you avoid.What new law are you talking about here? as far as i am concerned what Jesus says is no different from what Paul spoke about AND THAT IS (Mark 12:30-31) "And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength: this is the first commandment.And the second, which is like it, is this, You shall love your neighbour as yourself. There is no other commandment greater than these."

You are the fellow confused here and twisted my statements to mean what it is not.This is what i said ok?"Those who have been made righteous by faith and have thus received the holy Spirit are now able to fulfill the requirements of the Law
You conveniently removed the part where i talked about the HOLY SPIRIT making us fulfill the requirements of the law abi? Was the holy Spirit given in the OT? God said be holy for I AM holy. Don't give me that crap that holiness is never a possibility so far we have the HOLY SPIRIT

Bidam, you will do well to listen to Goshen, there are no ceremonial laws, civil laws or such like. Pentecostal theologians created that to justify the keeping of some aspect of Moses' laws, chief amongst them is tithing. Every thing that came through Moses is done away in the Cross of Jesus. "The law was given through Moses; but grace and truth came with Jesus Christ".
This is the flimsy excuses lazy Christians come up with when they don't want to rightly divide the word of truth.I have addressed this issue already but if you feel dissatisfied you need to go back and study the OT some more for a perfect understanding on the laws of Moses.GOD WILL NOT ALTER HIS SPIRITUAL LAWS. The spiritual laws describe the very character of God. They enable us to know what God is like. Since the character of God remains unchanging-“I change not, saith the Eternal” (Mal. 3:6 ) and “Jesus, the same yesterday, today, and forever” ( Heb.13:cool The spiritual laws could not change. “The carnal mind is enmity against God: fur it is not subject to the law of God’ (Rom. 8:7). Israel needed punishments for lawbreakers to keep peace and security in the land. Therefore God allowed human judges to take His divine prerogatives and to execute punishments on their fellow men.

Jesus gave the civil law to Moses in the strict letter at Mount Sinai for a physical church. Fifteen centuries later Jesus restored the spirit of the law for the spiritual Church of God.
Re: Saints And Sinners by shdemidemi(m): 8:44am On Jul 29, 2013
Romans 3:31
Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
31 So do we destroy the law by following the way of faith? Not at all! In fact, faith causes us to be what the law actually wants

@bidam, you keep using this one verse to the advantage of the law of Moses. Paul said it more than once that the law is good but you and I are not good (no man is good).

As good as the law is, it becomes weak through my flesh. God knows we all have our weaknesses in our flesh and its members, we must then admit that we are weak because God makes His strength perfect in our weaknesses.

I believe that version up there best explains that verse, you have also misused some other verses in favour of the law of Moses. I hope we can deal with them as time goes on.
Re: Saints And Sinners by MostHigh: 9:08am On Jul 29, 2013
Goshen360:

You! Your offense in me is scriptural and I know it!

but our message is that Christ was crucified. This offends Jewish people and makes no sense to people who are not Jewish.

grin grin grin

And as usual that is your answer.

you cant face the truth.

Hence your confusion can only increase.

grin
Re: Saints And Sinners by shdemidemi(m): 9:42am On Jul 29, 2013
@ bidam

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

We both agree the law is righteous, it has no problem fro where it came from. But the problem with the law is this

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh,..........

The law is weak when it is applied on me, a sinner from birth. Paul would say

9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

Apostle Paul explained this part by personalising the issue. He thought he was alive, when the 'righteous' law came, it killed him, it condemned him.

My own explanation- that I did not break the law does not mean I am a good person. I have just avoided been condemned by the law as far as it last, But God is saying that is weak. He wants us to be truly righteous without the law of condemnation through Moses but by the law of God through Christ.
Re: Saints And Sinners by MostHigh: 9:45am On Jul 29, 2013
shdemidemi: @ bidam

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

We both agree the law is righteous, it has no problem fro where it came from. But the problem with the law is this

[/b]3 For what the law could not do, in that it[b] was weak through the flesh,

The law is weak when it is applied on me, a sinner from birth. Paul would say

9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

Apostle Paul explained this part by personalising the issue. He thought he was alive, when the 'righteous' law came, it killed him, it condemned him.

My own explanation, that I did not break the law does not mean I am a good person. I have just avoided been condemned by the law as far as it last, But God is saying that is weak. He wants us to be truly righteous without the law of condemnation through Moses but by the law of God through Christ.

In response to the bolded

Yashua found no problem with the LAW

but he did have iisues with TRHE TRADITIONS OF MEN

Like yourself and goshen putting the TORAH AKA the COMMANDMENTS AND INSTRUCTION aside and preaching your OWN DOCTRINES

You have been warned

Lawlessness is DEATH
Re: Saints And Sinners by shdemidemi(m): 9:56am On Jul 29, 2013
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Christ found no problem with the law because He did not come with a sinful nature like you and I. The verse above says he was sent like us but not as us. You and I came from Adam and Eve, Christ came through a separate route. He had no sin in him, He would never struggle with sin because he does not have the sinful nature.

Moreover, the bible says in 1 tim 9 that 'Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, ............,,'

I am a righteous man through faith in Christ. The law is meant for the man who is in flesh, carnal, enemy of God etc.

For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Re: Saints And Sinners by MostHigh: 10:00am On Jul 29, 2013
shdemidemi: 3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Christ found no problem with the law because He did not come with a sinful nature like you and I. The verse above says he was sent like us but not as us. You and I came from Adam and Eve, Christ came through a separate route. He had no sin in him, He would never struggle with sin because he does not have the sinful nature.

Moreover, the bible says in 1 tim 9 that 'Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, ............,,'

I am a righteous man through faith in Christ. The law is meant for the man who is in flesh, carnal, enemy of God etc.

For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

If the bolded was true..

Then you would be Exactly as the master is

And you would uphold righteousness with the LAW and not you vain opinions or intepretations

You cannot be obedient

Thats why you are Lawless.
Re: Saints And Sinners by shdemidemi(m): 10:09am On Jul 29, 2013
MostHigh:

If the bolded was true..

Then you would be Exactly as the master is

And you would uphold righteousness with the LAW and not you vain opinions or intepretations

You cannot be obedient

Thats why you are Lawless.

Does the master carry a sinful nature like you do?
Re: Saints And Sinners by MostHigh: 10:23am On Jul 29, 2013
shdemidemi:

Does the master carry a sinful nature like you do?

Dont know about the master and a sinfull nature as you put it.

But I do know about the LORDS PRAYER

Forgive us our tresspasses......

A saint is not a sinless individual like you and goshen go about teaching lawlessness

Go and read the 51st psalm properly

Ignorance is no excuse.
Re: Saints And Sinners by shdemidemi(m): 10:55am On Jul 29, 2013
MostHigh:

Dont know about the master and a sinfull nature as you put it.

But I do know about the LORDS PRAYER

Forgive us our tresspasses......

A saint is not a sinless individual like you and goshen go about teaching lawlessness

Go and read the 51st psalm properly

Ignorance is no excuse.

You really spoke well.

Do you agree you are a sinner, not just a sinner a perpetual sinner?
Re: Saints And Sinners by MostHigh: 11:06am On Jul 29, 2013
shdemidemi:

You really spoke well.

Do you agree you are a sinner, not just a sinner a perpetual sinner?

Though I may have my erros

I dont live in sin

wink
Re: Saints And Sinners by shdemidemi(m): 12:05pm On Jul 29, 2013
MostHigh:

Though I may have my erros

I dont live in sin

wink

Fine, I am happy we are in agreement with this particular part. You also make errors just like me, I believe that is why they say this gospel of Christ is only for the weak and not for the guy who thinks he is above sin or errors.

What do you then think we can do about the errors?

Remember the law is waiting to nail any man who makes errors like you and I. That is all it is good for, it cannot help us with our errors, it can only reveal these errors to us and condemn us in accordance to the right judgement of the law.
Re: Saints And Sinners by MostHigh: 12:13pm On Jul 29, 2013
shdemidemi:

Fine, I am happy we are in agreement with this particular part. You also make errors just like me, I believe that is why they say this gospel of Christ is only for the weak and not for the guy who thinks he is above sin or errors.

What do you then think we can do about the errors?

Remember the law is waiting to nail any man who makes errors like you and I.

Confession is good for the soul.

And I dont mean the kind of confession as it is practiced by the visible earthly church.

More like acknowledging your wrongdoing to SELF AKA the indwelling spirit. and also to the people we have offended.

Psalm 51 is spot on in this regard

wink

I cannot be condemmed by the LAW

The Law was made for me

And not me for the law

Remember to temper justice with mercy

It is a sure sign of true Sonship.
Re: Saints And Sinners by shdemidemi(m): 12:35pm On Jul 29, 2013
Does constant and perpetual confessions make you righteous before God?

Don't you think we will get tired of confessing and confessing and confessing some more cos we don't only go against God in our deeds, we also do in our thoughts.

What sort of relationship do you think you would have with your wife if you give her laws you know she will constantly break. I don't think you and your wife will have the most blissful times if she keeps breaking the law and she keeps confessing.
Re: Saints And Sinners by MostHigh: 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2013
shdemidemi: Does constant and perpetual confessions make you righteous before God?

Don't you think we will get tired of confessing and confessing and confessing some more cos we don't only go against God in our deeds, we also do in our thoughts.

What sort of relationship do you think you would have with your wife if you give her laws you know she will constantly break. I don't think you and your wife will have the most blissful times if she keeps breaking the law and she keeps confessing.

It is only those that live in PERPERTUAL SIN that make PERPETUAL CONFESSIONS.

You cannot mock God.

If you are sincere you wil not perpetuate the same sin over and over again

The master says to die to somthing daily, no be one day waka.

But then again you have to be sincere like I intimated.
Re: Saints And Sinners by shdemidemi(m): 1:34pm On Jul 29, 2013
MostHigh:

It is only those that live in PERPERTUAL SIN that make PERPETUAL CONFESSIONS.

You cannot mock God.

If you are sincere you wil not perpetuate the same sin over and over again

The master says to die to somthing daily, no be one day waka.

But then again you have to be sincere like I intimated.

Repeating the same sin is not right but even after stopping one, can you stop the rest. Remember, sin is sin, there is no small or big one.

I believe we have to admit that we cannot do it, it is impossible for a man in this flesh to live without sin on his own. We were not made that way, my eyes desires and enjoy seeing wrong things even before my brain can interpret sometimes. Sometimes, I lie too, I lie because my flesh is so scared of the pain it will be subjected to if I had Said the truth.

Do you admit that before the end of today, you will commit one sin or the other, willingly or unwillingly?
Re: Saints And Sinners by DrummaBoy(m): 6:04pm On Jul 29, 2013
@Demi

Thank U for that train of discussion. If MostHigh is truthful he should agree with U by now; and I think he does considering there's been no reply from him for close to 5 hours now

@Bidam

You have made ur decision. In the thread I intend posting soon I shall prove to U that Jesus, Paul and all who follow there teachings are not Judaizers. I will show U that the pharisee, saduiccees and d circumcision were the Judaizers and I will leave U to determine whether or not U are a Judaizer.

@OLAADEGBU

I read ur last post from ur PHD pastor - apologies to Goshen. I agree with everything written there. I too worry over the easy beleivism around and has criticized it on this forum. But...

My problem with DLBC is how U people get all the words right but fail in spirit. When U say people should bring forth fruit meet for repentance, are U d one to judge whether they are doing so or God? What are these fruits: dressing like a widow?

The seal of God stands sure. Only God knows those who are His.

1 Like

Re: Saints And Sinners by MostHigh: 9:09pm On Jul 29, 2013
shdemidemi:

Repeating the same sin is not right but even after stopping one, can you stop the rest. Remember, sin is sin, there is no small or big one.

I believe we have to admit that we cannot do it, it is impossible for a man in this flesh to live without sin on his own. We were not made that way, my eyes desires and enjoy seeing wrong things even before my brain can interpret sometimes. Sometimes, I lie too, I lie because my flesh is so scared of the pain it will be subjected to if I had Said the truth.

Do you admit that before the end of today, you will commit one sin or the other, willingly or unwillingly?

The master says to DIE to something daily...
Re: Saints And Sinners by shdemidemi(m): 9:49pm On Jul 29, 2013
MostHigh:

The master says to DIE to something daily...

What are you trying to say bro?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

8 Real Photographs That Prove Hell Exists On Earth / What Are The Teachings Of Jehovah Witnesses That Are Lies / Is Sucking Your Wife's breast Biblical???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.