Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,805 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Saints And Sinners - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Saints And Sinners (8167 Views)

Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi / 10 Ways Sinners Celebrate Easter- By Tosyne2much / God's Word To All Jehovah Witness, Atheist And Sinners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saints And Sinners by MostHigh: 3:22pm On Jul 24, 2013
shdemidemi:

Paul is not the Spirit of truth, Paul is no better than you and me. He says that himself, but the Spirit chose him, taught him and inspired all he said as regards the gospel of Jesus Christ. He was sent primarily to the Gentiles by Christ.

We of the WAY see the spirit of truth as yashua himself.

This spirit is given freely to all those who belive.

One nation one God One destiny this is Isreal.
Re: Saints And Sinners by Candour(m): 3:22pm On Jul 24, 2013
MostHigh:

The sermon on the mount gives us the perfect representation of the king in relation to his kingdom

Paul can only expound or expand upon these principles

His preaching to the gentiles was his calling, but salvation is to the JEW first then the GENTILE as it is written.

Paul is a JUADIZER confirmed by scripture, no matter what he spoke with his mouth HE STILL LIVED THE WAY OF THE JEW TILL THE END.

Salvation is of the JEW.

@MostHigh

Pls do you live as a Jew now? Do you observe Sabbath, Passover, feast of Tabernacles etc now?
Re: Saints And Sinners by MostHigh: 3:24pm On Jul 24, 2013
Candour:

@MostHigh

Pls do you live as a Jew now? Do you observe Sabbath, Passover, feast of Tabernacles etc now?

I do.
Re: Saints And Sinners by Goshen360(m): 3:28pm On Jul 24, 2013
MostHigh:

I do.

grin grin grin
Re: Saints And Sinners by MostHigh: 3:31pm On Jul 24, 2013
Goshen360:

grin grin grin

The lawless one finally showing a smiley face.

Where have you been?
Re: Saints And Sinners by Candour(m): 3:31pm On Jul 24, 2013
MostHigh:

I do.

That settles it then.We are surely not on the same page.

You are an adherent of Judaism while i'm a gentile saved by grace to partake of the blessings of Abraham(Gal 3:14)

Cheers
Re: Saints And Sinners by MostHigh: 3:35pm On Jul 24, 2013
Candour:

That settles it then.We are surely not on the same page.

You are an adherent of Judaism while i'm a gentile saved by grace to partake of the blessings of Abraham(Gal 3:14)

Cheers

Salvation is of the JEWS.

I am happy you know your position.

And like I intimated previosly the gentiles shall be ruled with a rod of IRON.
Re: Saints And Sinners by Tgirl4real(f): 3:38pm On Jul 24, 2013
shdemidemi:

Please help with a new thread.

Sir, I stumbled into an interesting (kinda scary) article while on the assignment you gave me. lol

I will send you a mail in a bit and probably open the thread later. But, I must warn you that I wont have much to contribute to the thread cos I also wanna learn. I would certain have loads of questions anyways.

shdemidemi: Dear sis, I have opened another thread that is slightly pertinent to the topic.

https://www.nairaland.com/1370649/shall-continue-sin

You might want to check that.

Ok. I will check it out.
Re: Saints And Sinners by Candour(m): 3:41pm On Jul 24, 2013
MostHigh:

Salvation is of the JEWS.

I am happy you know your position.

And like I intimated previosly the gentiles shall be ruled with a rod of IRON.

Glad i know my position in the BODY OF CHRIST. grin cheesy

Sure unbelievers will have it rough when my Lord returns
Re: Saints And Sinners by MostHigh: 3:46pm On Jul 24, 2013
Candour:

If he is your lord then you would live as a JEW or at least live EXACTLY the way he lived as witnessed in the scripture

But here you are trying to be greater than the master.

All this talk and no action has repercissions.
Re: Saints And Sinners by Tgirl4real(f): 3:49pm On Jul 24, 2013
Candour:

I think he believes the blacks are the real Jews. Ermmm . . . I hope I got that right. lipsrsealed
Re: Saints And Sinners by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 24, 2013
It's rather pathetic and disheartening to hear shdemidemi a teacher feeding his congregation this bull crap( sorry about the use of this language) about Paul not preaching the Kingdom.Paul might not have put the word kingdom in his teachings but if you read his epistles,you will be amazed that all he is saying are pointing towards the direction of the Kingdom of God that will reign on the earth when Jesus returns.And that is why selective readings of scriptures as advocated by shdemidemi is quite dangerous because all joint supplieth.Selective readings leads to error without a proper balanced diet in the life of a believer and this is where heresies spring forth from.There is actually nothing new that shdemidemi is doing,it has been done by others and we know how they ended.

For instance lets look at the following scriptures( i will quote Paul since he is a lover of the pauline epistles).

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but what is unseen.For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.2cor 4:18

Though the word supernatural does not exist in scriptures,but it does describe a concept clearly presented by the above scripture.Supernatural means "outside" or "above" the natural; it is spiritual rather than physical.The supernatural world is above our natural world and this is what Paul of tarsus,the first century theologian is defining as unseen or invisible. And funny enough,this is what our incomparable young rabbi, Jesus of Nazareth, was referring to when he said, "My kingdom is not of this world....But now my kingdom is from another place" John 18:36.

You can see the same concept but different delivery from Jesus and Paul.They were actually describing God's eternal,invisible kingdom which has God the Father as king and heaven as the abode.So we know that heaven is the original kingdom; it was the origin of kingdoms.No kingdom existed before it.It is the first real kingdom because the first king created it.The kingdom of heaven is the only perfect prototype of kingdoms in existence.

When our Creator-King desired to extend his perfect kingdom from the invisible realm to the visible realm,the result was the creation of the physical universe and the appointment of planet earth as the destination for a unique extension of his divine being and this is what Paul of tarsus is trying very hard to communicate this divine process of creation and extension to people like shdemidemi who were in the city of Colossae at that time[b]:"By him all things were created:things in heaven and on earth,visible and invisible,whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him". Col 1 :16[/b]

The kingdom of heaven and its colony of earth exist through the will of our Creator-King.It is therefore impossible to comprehend humanity's purpose without understanding the kingdom concept and how we are meant to live it out on earth.Have you wondered why Paul says to obey those in government? and Jesus buttressing the fact by saying give to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's? God is no author of confusion and Jesus has given us the person of the Holy Spirit,the most important executive governor who will execute God's will and purpose here on earth as we follow his gentle promptings and leading till Jesus returns.Amen.

The kingdom
Re: Saints And Sinners by Candour(m): 3:56pm On Jul 24, 2013
MostHigh:

If he is your lord then you would live as a JEW or at least live EXACTLY the way he lived as witnessed in the scripture

But here you are trying to be greater than the master.

All this talk and no action has repercissions.

No my brother, Christ didn't save me to live like a Jew.

Dont worry yourself.like i said,you and i(and i'm sure a lot of contributors to this section) are singing from different hymn books.

keep up with your Judaism if it gives you peace.

Cheers
Re: Saints And Sinners by MostHigh: 3:56pm On Jul 24, 2013
Tgirl4real:

I think he believes the blacks are the real Jews. Ermmm . . . I hope I got that right. lipsrsealed

Stop being presumtious
Re: Saints And Sinners by Candour(m): 3:58pm On Jul 24, 2013
Tgirl4real:

My sister, trying to reason with MostHigh is like knocking my head against a brick wall.Only the Holy Spirit can do that.

His ideas are too far-fetched for me
Re: Saints And Sinners by MostHigh: 4:04pm On Jul 24, 2013
Candour:

No my brother, Christ didn't save me to live like a Jew.

Dont worry yourself.like i said,you and i(and i'm sure a lot of contributors to this section) are singing from different hymn books.

keep up with your Judaism if it gives you peace.

Cheers

In other words Christ didnt save me to live like he lived

I hear you

You are not alone though take comfort in that.
Re: Saints And Sinners by Candour(m): 4:13pm On Jul 24, 2013
MostHigh:

In other words Christ didnt save me to live like he lived

I hear you

You are not alone though take comfort in that.

I'm surely not alone bro, he has promised not to leave me nor forsake me and i surely take comfort in that.

cheers

1 Like

Re: Saints And Sinners by MostHigh: 4:16pm On Jul 24, 2013
Candour:

I'm surely not alone bro, he has promised not to leave me nor forsake me and i surely take comfort in that.

cheers

OK now.
Re: Saints And Sinners by Tgirl4real(f): 4:16pm On Jul 24, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Sir, I stumbled into an interesting (kinda scary) article while on the assignment you gave me. lol

I will send you a mail in a bit and probably open the thread later. But, I must warn you that I wont have much to contribute to the thread cos I also wanna learn. I would certain have loads of questions anyways.

Ok. I will check it out.

Here is the thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1371041/christians-around-during-great-tribulation#16999062
Re: Saints And Sinners by Goshen360(m): 5:40am On Jul 25, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

You cannot move on to talk about your new nature if you, like shdemidemi don't believe in the doctrine of repentance in conjunction with your faith. But in the meantime read the following verses for answers to your questions.

(1 John 1:6-9).

(1 John 2:3-5).

This is what Charles Spurgeon had to say about the Law and the Gospel in relation to our righteousness and sanctification:

Who told you I don't believe in repentance? Haven't I turned my back away from the world unto God? Do you know how many sins you will still commit tomorrow? So every time you commit one sin or the other, you keep repenting on each of them. What then are you repenting from if you will still do same thing in future? Do you know what you are doing? You acting like the Old testament that always remind themselves of their sins while under the new testament, God remembers you sin no more because your new man cannot sin and doesn't sin. Your body that sin shall reap what he sows and shall die because the wages of sin is death BUT the gift of God IN YOUR INNER MAN is the righteousness and true holiness of God.

1 Like

Re: Saints And Sinners by shdemidemi(m): 7:46am On Jul 25, 2013
^^^^^^^^uncountable likes bro!
Re: Saints And Sinners by Tgirl4real(f): 7:48pm On Jul 25, 2013
Repentance from dead works and faith towards God... Repentance is for unbels same with remmission of sins. We have been washed by the blood of the lamb. When we sin, we are to ask forgiveness.

Brothers, is it out of place to ask a erring believer to repent?
Re: Saints And Sinners by DrummaBoy(m): 9:23pm On Jul 25, 2013
I find it funny when the most "holy" OLAADEGBU goes on and on in his self righteous garment about repentance. Unfortunately I am handicapped in proving the orignial words translated as repentance from the greek but Bible teachers show that what the likes of the most "holy" call repentance is not weeping, crying and making up one's mind not to sin again (100% of those who do, almost always commit the same sin again), rather repentance is a change of mind. Simple. It is decision to trust God through Jesus concerning the issues of our lives and not self.

Unfortunately, most people who claim they have repented and forsaken a particular sin, always resort to self effort to abstain from the said sin. Repentance is trusting Jesus and not self for deliverance from the consequences and effects of sin.

1 Like

Re: Saints And Sinners by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:29am On Jul 28, 2013
Goshen360:

Who told you I don't believe in repentance?

The litmus test of your belief in repentance is whether you preach it to sinners or not.

Goshen360:

Haven't I turned my back away from the world unto God? Do you know how many sins you will still commit tomorrow? So every time you commit one sin or the other, you keep repenting on each of them. What then are you repenting from if you will still do same thing in future? Do you know what you are doing? You acting like the Old testament that always remind themselves of their sins while under the new testament,

Let an Old Testament saint teach you how to deal with your sins in Psalm 51. You will see that those who confess and forsake their sins are given a clean heart in Christ, and by confession of your sins you will be forgiven and restored to fellowship.

Goshen360:

God remembers you sin no more because your new man cannot sin and doesn't sin. Your body that sin shall reap what he sows and shall die because the wages of sin is death BUT the gift of God IN YOUR INNER MAN is the righteousness and true holiness of God.

Do you mean to say that you are now free to commit the sins of adultery, murder, stealing and lying in the body? What happened to the words of Jesus that pushes the scrutinies into the heart of man? What do you understand by the doctrine of santification?

"But I say to you, That whosoever looks on a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart"
(Matthew 5:28).
Re: Saints And Sinners by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:32am On Jul 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

^^^^^^^^uncountable likes bro!

Which says so much about how he agrees with your belief that Gentile sinners need not repent of their sins.
Re: Saints And Sinners by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:35am On Jul 28, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Repentance from dead works and faith towards God... Repentance is for unbels same with remmission of sins. We have been washed by the blood of the lamb. When we sin, we are to ask forgiveness.

Brothers, is it out of place to ask a erring believer to repent?

The question is: Do you preach repentance of sins to the so called "unbels?"
Re: Saints And Sinners by Goshen360(m): 12:39am On Jul 28, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

The litmus test of your belief in repentance is whether you preach it to sinners or not.

Let an Old Testament saint teach you how to deal with your sins in Psalm 51. You will see that those who confess and forsake their sins are given a clean heart in Christ, and by confession of your sins you will be forgiven and restored to fellowship.

Do you mean to say that you are now free to commit the sins of adultery, murder, stealing and lying in the body? What happened to the words of Jesus that pushes the scrutinies into the heart of man? What do you understand by the doctrine of santification?

(Matthew 5:28).

Ola, what is new creation and what does it mean?
Re: Saints And Sinners by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:45am On Jul 28, 2013
DrummaBoy:

I find it funny when the most "holy" OLAADEGBU goes on and on in his self righteous garment about repentance. Unfortunately I am handicapped in proving the orignial words translated as repentance from the greek but Bible teachers show that what the likes of the most "holy" call repentance is not weeping, crying and making up one's mind not to sin again (100% of those who do, almost always commit the same sin again), rather repentance is a change of mind. Simple. It is decision to trust God through Jesus concerning the issues of our lives and not self.

Unfortunately, most people who claim they have repented and forsaken a particular sin, always resort to self effort to abstain from the said sin. Repentance is trusting Jesus and not self for deliverance from the consequences and effects of sin.

You so called "NT saints" should learn your lessons from some OT saints:

"He that covers his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesses and forsakes them shall have mercy"
(Proverbs 28:13).

And you will discover that what many "saints" today call repentance is false. Biblical conversion not only comes from confessing sin to God, but also from forsaking sin. It is only when we do this and then trust in Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour and Lord would we partake of the mercy of God.
Re: Saints And Sinners by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:51am On Jul 28, 2013
Goshen360:

Ola, what is new creation and what does it mean?

Did I ask you any questions? If the answer is in the affirmative, what then stops you from answering them before you begin to lay rabbit trails? undecided
Re: Saints And Sinners by Tgirl4real(f): 1:28am On Jul 28, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

The question is: Do you preach repentance of sins to the so called "unbels?"

of course! If u don't, what is the basis of u preaching to them?!
Re: Saints And Sinners by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:08am On Jul 28, 2013
Tgirl4real:

of course! If u don't, what is the basis of u preaching to them?!

God bless you. That is the bone of contention. Repentance and the role of the Law in bringing about our Salvation. Those who you have been lemming don't believe that is the case.

"And when He is come, He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness and of judgment" (John 16:cool.

Our Lord Jesus is here saying that the Holy Spirit will reprove us of sin [which is transgression of the Law - 1 John 3:4] and of righteousness [which is of the Law - Romans 8:4] and of judgment [which is by the Law - Romans 2:12]

Therefore, when we use the Law to bring the knowledge of sin to the lost, what we are doing is becoming instruments the Holy Spirit uses in bringing "unbels" to Christ.
Re: Saints And Sinners by Nobody: 6:54am On Jul 28, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

God bless you. That is the bone of contention. Repentance and the role of the Law in bringing about our Salvation. Those who you have been lemming don't believe that is the case.

"And when He is come, He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness and of judgment" (John 16:cool.

Our Lord Jesus is here saying that the Holy Spirit will reprove us of sin [which is transgression of the Law - 1 John 3:4] and of righteousness [which is of the Law - Romans 8:4] and of judgment [which is by the Law - Romans 2:12]

Therefore, when we use the Law to bring the knowledge of sin to the lost, what we are doing is becoming instruments the Holy Spirit uses in bringing "unbels" to Christ.
That is the mistake these guys keep making,unable to differentiate the ceremonial laws of moses which was abolished by the sacrifice of Christ and the moral laws which is in the heart of everyman( Romans 2:12) and is universal before God now formalize the moral code by giving it to Moses in Sinai which was expanciated under Jesus(Mathew 5:19-43) and Paul(Romans 13:9-10). We need to rightly divide the word of truth really to understand these things or else we will be teaching heresy like this two gospel messages i am hearing.It is actually Law by grace and not Law or Grace.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

8 Real Photographs That Prove Hell Exists On Earth / Is Sucking Your Wife's breast Biblical??? / Rccg Prayer Rain - Daily Prayer Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.