Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Saints And Sinners - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Saints And Sinners (8166 Views)

Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi / 10 Ways Sinners Celebrate Easter- By Tosyne2much / God's Word To All Jehovah Witness, Atheist And Sinners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saints And Sinners by shdemidemi(m): 9:19pm On Jul 23, 2013
Tgirl4real: Hahahaha!

I agree, he did. grin

So, where do we continue our gist?

Please help with a new thread.
Re: Saints And Sinners by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:57am On Jul 24, 2013
shdemidemi:

Adam! Did you eat the forbidden fruit? The woman you gave me caused it.

Eve: the serpent caused it

Tgirl, why r u acting like those two transgressors na grin

In another news- Jesusislord caused it grin

"Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the snake and the snake didn't have a leg to stand on"  shocked
Re: Saints And Sinners by Goshen360(m): 5:24am On Jul 24, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

I have broken all of the 10 commandments in spirit, if not in letter, and because of this sin nature we all need to repent for the forgiveness of our sins and to go on to sanctification.

If you have broken the commandments, whether it is 10 or not, does that take away your righteousnesses in Christ before God? (2) Does that change your new nature (righteousness) back to the old Adamic nature (sinner)?
Re: Saints And Sinners by Goshen360(m): 5:49am On Jul 24, 2013
Enigma: @Goshen360

1. You are a very good guy and I have always had a soft spot for you. I am also very appreciative of your generous responses to me on this thread (and always in the past).

2. I just have a duty to warn you as a brother to tread carefully ---- I think you do need much better balance on some matters. Specifically, for this thread I must reiterate that Jesus Christ Himself and the apostles including the apostle Paul taught (and still teach) us: (1) to keep the flesh under subjection, and (2) to pray for forgiveness for our shortcomings.

3. Any Christian who says he does not need to pray for forgiveness is in error and almost certainly guilty of the sin of pride.

4. One more thing: I pray and hope you never fall for the abhorrent and ludicrous nonsense that there is more than one gospel! shocked

Takia Bros smiley.

I respond in numbering I have made above:

1. I always thank and appreciate you for your kind fellowship towards me from time to time on this forum even though we might disagree on 'just few' things. I know we agree on most things though. First, I know you too long enough to know you don't advocate nor preach MOSES neither do you advocate\advance the religion and binding of the law to Christians - that's my own context of Judaizers. I'm convinced you are not one of them at all.

2. Now, I understand the 'context' of your balance not. Just like we say, Grace is freedom and the balance is Grace is not a license. Thanks!

3. Read my post again, I NEVER said I don't ask for forgiveness. I said, I don't follow the message of the LORD under the law when he said, "forgive so you can be forgiven" BUT I follow Christ's revelation AFTER the resurrection to the Apostles that I ask for forgiveness BECAUSE I HAVE ALSO RECEIVE FORGIVENESS SO I ALSO MUST OR FORGIVE. Remembering yourself or ourselves of our sins which God doesn't remember is our\your righteousness UNDER ATTACK. (I will soon start a thread on this righteousness under attack soon).

4. As for not falling for the teaching of more than one gospel. Well, I don't have time to discuss that with shdemidemi yet but I believe and hold there is ONE Gospel - The Gospel of Grace.

I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel. Galatians 1:6

For there to be reprove against 'another' gospel, it means there's one. I think shdemidemi is just not finding the right way of saying it or he might not find the right words to express his teachings.
Re: Saints And Sinners by shdemidemi(m): 8:39am On Jul 24, 2013
@ Goshen

I read through your last post, it was quite obvious you have an issue with the two gospels of Christ as well. I am not a believer of sugarcoating or devising excellence of speech when it comes to this gospel, all that matters to me is the substance in the message anyone is delivering.

When I say two gospels, I am not saying we have two gospel to the church. Far from it, I am saying the bible isn't written for the church only. It is primarily written for the nation of Israel through the promise God gave to Abraham. The church came to being because of the apparent and constant disbelief of the Jews. God moved to the Gentiles has a result of the mistrust and the wicked ways of His earthly people.
He picked Apostle Paul to carry a gospel to the Gentiles. He offered anyone who will believe a route to him through a gospel we stand upon -

I Corinthians 15:1

"MOREOVER, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;"

"...wherein ye stand" is a positional term. That’s why he writes in another place that we are not to be blown about with every wind of doctrine. We must know where we belong, we are to be like an anchor, steadfast, immovable.

I Corinthians 15:2,

"By which also ye are saved (it’s only by this Gospel that you are saved. It’s not by something else), if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain."

A gentile is saved by this gospel alone, although this gospel must be offered to the Jew first. Paul did offer it to them but they refused it-

Acts 18
6 But when they opposed him and blasphemed, he shook his garments and said to them, “Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean. From now on I will go to the Gentiles.”

Back to Corinthians 15:3

"For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received (here he’s talking about what we saw in Galatians, how that by revelation, "He made known unto me," Paul says. This is what the Lord revealed to him. We will find that Paul’s Gospel is not based on the Judaistic Law, or just on the fact that Christ was the Messiah of Israel, but it’s that The Messiah of Israel, The Son of God, died on the Roman Cross, shed His Blood, was buried and rose again, and here it is), how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;" This was in the Old Testament. It was all in the pre-eternal mind of God, that all of this would fall into place.

I Corinthians 15:4-6a

"And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures." That’s the Gospel! That's the gospel to the church.

Now, when would this gospel to the church end? Paul says it ends when we join Christ in the air ( I believe Apostle Paul would be the one presenting us to Christ on the day).

I won't go into the gospel of Christ plus rituals, tradition and Judaistic laws the disciples preached now but if we understand the gospel of unmerited favour through Christ plus nothing, we would definitely notice the difference.
Re: Saints And Sinners by shdemidemi(m): 9:29am On Jul 24, 2013
Romans 1:16

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it (The Gospel, not our works, or denomination, not anything that we can do, but rather The Gospel) is the power of God unto salvation..."

It’s so hard for people to comprehend that this is all they have to do. Just believe the Gospel for Salvation. If you really believe He will save you. Obviously, I am not saying just say I believe to be saved. No, what I’m talking about is a Holy Spirit driven belief, that my eternal destiny is based on what He did for me on that Cross. When we believe with all of our heart, Paul came up with spiritual indicatives in Romans 6 and 8.

So the whole analogy is that, "When Christ died, we died. When He was buried, we were buried. When He arose from the dead, we also arose out of deadness in the old Adamic sin nature to a new life." We can also call God our father because a spiritual adoption takes place as soon as we believe the gospel Paul preached.

A major aberration between the Pauline gospel of God and the rest can be understood when we believe Salvation is that all inclusive work of God on our behalf, whereby we are forgiven: He justifies us, He sanctifies us, He glorifies us, He baptizes us into the Body, He seals us with the Holy Spirit, He fills us with the Holy Spirit, and on and on you can go in all that was accomplished on your behalf by an act of God instantly the moment you believe.

The Christian life is like coming into physical life. We come into the Christian life as a babe in Christ, just an infant that needs tender loving care. An infant that needs nourishment, and protection. That’s what a new believer is. But God doesn’t expect a new believer to stay a babe in Christ. He expects them to begin to grow in Grace, and knowledge and wisdom.

Romans 8

11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Our body that naturally gravitate towards sin will gravitate towards righteousness by the Spirit that dwells in us. Notice, he did not say you would have to do anything yourself (legalism) to quicken your mortal body.

How does the spirit have a freelance to operate in our lives and how do we grow in the things of God?

By the law! No
By being morally perfect than anybody else! No

It is by the renewing our mind, Paul says
Romans 12:2
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Nobody, no other gospel says these things. Transformation by the renewing of your mind to do the perfect will of God without a law but by the Spirit.
Re: Saints And Sinners by DrummaBoy(m): 10:07am On Jul 24, 2013
@Demi

I have requested that U open a thread for this discuss U gave above and put it in a proper perspective rather than making it a response. I agree with Goshen U may not have found d right words to put it these things though U are saying the right things.

In addition to what U said above salvation is not only by grace through faith alone, if we consider what Jesus said in John 17:3 we understand salvation or eternal life is also knowing God. When men understand the gospel, and know God, they lay faith to the done work of the cross and they are saved.

That is why the body of Christ needs teachers and not all the ministries we see around. When people understand and know God, they are saved.

And that is why the war against Judaizers and their teaching will not end bc the biggest impediment to knowing God is false doctrine or religion.

Cheers.
Re: Saints And Sinners by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:11am On Jul 24, 2013
Goshen360:

If you have broken the commandments, whether it is 10 or not, does that take away your righteousnesses in Christ before God? (2) Does that change your new nature (righteousness) back to the old Adamic nature (sinner)?

You cannot move on to talk about your new nature if you, like shdemidemi don't believe in the doctrine of repentance in conjunction with your faith. But in the meantime read the following verses for answers to your questions.

"If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth. But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we do deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us"
(1 John 1:6-9).

"And hereby we do know that we know him. If we keep His commandments. He that says, I know Him, and keeps not His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keeps His word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in Him"
(1 John 2:3-5).

This is what Charles Spurgeon had to say about the Law and the Gospel in relation to our righteousness and sanctification:

"The Law also shows us our great need-our need of cleansing, cleansing with the water and the blood. It discovers to us our filthiness, and this naturally leads us to feel that we must be washed from it if we are ever to draw near to God. So the Law drives us to accept Christ as the only Person who can cleanse us, and make us fit to stand within the veil in the presence of the Most High.

The Law is the surgeon's knife that cuts out the proud flesh that the wound may heal. The Law by itself only sweeps and raises the dust, but the gospel sprinkles clean water upon the dust, and all is well in the chamber of the soul. The Law kills, the gospel makes alive. the Law strips, and then Jesus Christ comes in and robes the soul in beauty and glory. All the commandments, and all the types direct us to Christ, if we will but heed their evident intent
."
Re: Saints And Sinners by MostHigh: 10:12am On Jul 24, 2013
DrummaBoy: I am happy that the use of the word JUDAIZERS to describe some folks here on NL religious forum is striking the right chord and evoking some response. Maybe it will help them think their theology.

The OP is an unrepentant Judaizer; along with as many that subscribe to his teachings. His own is worse in that he is a HYPOCRITICAL LYING JUDAIZER.

Who is a Judaizer? Simple. Men and women who confuse law with grace. Individuals who in their bid to be holy resort to doing and works to find justification before God. They glory in what they do; they court God's blessings by keeping obsolete laws of the OT. etc.

There is no way one can read Acts 15; Phillipians 3:3; and the hundreds of scriptures that showed Paul contending with sect of d circumcision and not see the similarities with these guys.

These folks despise the Pauline gospel and know nothing of dispensations.

Unfortunately, a whole lot of Christendom today, especially Pentecostals, find themselves in this category. An emergency situation really...

Is yashua ibn joseph not a JUDAIZER as you put it?

Is Paul not a JUDAIZER as you put it?

Pure Lwalessness.

You can be EXACTLY as the master is but not GREATER

2 Likes

Re: Saints And Sinners by shdemidemi(m): 10:32am On Jul 24, 2013
DrummaBoy: @Demi

I have requested that U open a thread for this discuss U gave above and put it in a proper perspective rather than making it a response. I agree with Goshen U may not have found d right words to put it these things though U are saying the right things.

In addition to what U said above salvation is not only by grace through faith alone, [/b]if we consider what Jesus said in John 17:3 we understand salvation or eternal life is also knowing God. When men understand the gospel, and know God, they lay faith to the done work of the cross and they are saved.

Cheers.

I don't think I am not using the right words, rather, I feel people water the gospel down to suit listeners which I am guilty of not doing. I am exacting and a stickler to the gospel hence I don't say things that makes me seem like I am standing on the fence or perceived to be seen as politically right.

[b]Salvation is actually by grace alone
. We should always have it in mind that Jesus was a minister to the Jews, his words were not spoken to just anybody but the Jews. He actually restricted the good news of that dispensation to the Jews only.

Romans 15:8

Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Mathew 10:5

These twelve Jesus sent out, instructing them, “Go nowhere among the Gentiles and enter no town of the Samaritans

We must never lose sight of this fact when reading the four gospels. Jesus operated under the law of Mose, He did not tell anyone to stop the temple worship, sabbath day and things like that. He actually told them to observe these things until the requirement of the law shall be fulfilled.
Re: Saints And Sinners by Candour(m): 11:12am On Jul 24, 2013
DrummaBoy: @Demi

In addition to what U said above salvation is not only by grace through faith alone, if we consider what Jesus said in John 17:3 we understand salvation or eternal life is also knowing God. When men understand the gospel, and know God, they lay faith to the done work of the cross and they are saved.

That is why the body of Christ needs teachers and not all the ministries we see around. When people understand and know God, they are saved.

And that is why the war against Judaizers and their teaching will not end bc the biggest impediment to knowing God is false doctrine or religion.

Cheers.
I must confess i am in full agreement with shdemidemi on this teaching.You see my brother there are things in Paul's epistles that are not found anywhere else in the new testatment and why the Apostle used the word mystery a lot.The 12 who walked with Jesus on earth had a lot of things hidden from them that didnt come to light until after Christ ascended to heaven.an example is in Luke

Luke 18:31-34
'Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. 32.For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: 33.And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. 34.And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.'

At the bolded, who hid it if not God? because it wasn't time for them to know.We need to now ask what exactly was the content of the message they were preaching while our Lord was with them.

That is why the first two preachings Apostle Peter did in Acts 2 and Acts 3 did not relate salvation to his death, burial and resurrection.Rather they only talked about his name, repentance and baptism for remission of sins then God will send Christ to bring in the kingdom as promised in the prophets.

We all still have a lot to learn and i am fully in support of your statement that we need more of bible teachers than all the mega ministers we have today if the body of Christ is to grow as Christ intended.

God bless you and others who are helping and encouraging believers to open their bibles more and more
Re: Saints And Sinners by Enigma(m): 12:31pm On Jul 24, 2013
Jesus to his disciples!

Luke 8

And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

So, the "mysteries" were revealed to all the apostles. Nothing revealed to Paul was hidden from Peter etc
Re: Saints And Sinners by shdemidemi(m): 12:41pm On Jul 24, 2013
Enigma: Jesus to his disciples!

Luke 8

And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

So, the "mysteries" were revealed to all the apostles. Nothing revealed to Paul was hidden from Peter etc

Bro, I have a question for you pls.

Did Paul preach a gospel of the Kingdom?

Every kingdom needs a king and his subject. Did Paul preach a gospel with this sort of relationship?

Remember what the disciples asked Christ about the kingdom just before his ascension-
Acts 1:6
Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, “Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?”

1 Like

Re: Saints And Sinners by Candour(m): 12:42pm On Jul 24, 2013

Luke 8

OK my brother,can you pls explain what Luke 18:34 means?

Also I might be wrong, but I can't find anything about the rapture or our glorious new bodies or reference to the term body of Christ and how it functions in any apostle's epistles except Paul.kindly point them out to me if you have the references.

Sorry,I can't give references now as I'm using my phone.will be more detailed when I get back to the office
Re: Saints And Sinners by Enigma(m): 12:47pm On Jul 24, 2013
Bros

My position is that they all preached "the Kingdom"; they all preached one thing; they all preached the one gospel.

You can see the Acts 1:6 incident as a continuation of their "education" and of course that specific education was accompanied with the confirmation of the promise of the power to come to them with the Holy Spirit.
Re: Saints And Sinners by Enigma(m): 12:55pm On Jul 24, 2013
Candour:

Also I might be wrong, but I can't find anything about the rapture or our glorious new bodies or reference to the term body of Christ and how it functions in any apostle's epistles except Paul.kindly point them out to me if you have the references.

Sorry,I can't give references now as I'm using my phone.will be more detailed when I get back to the office

Remember that the Bible does not detail every single thing the apostles did or taught.

What about the apostles whose ministries were hardly mentioned at all --- are we to say that is because they knew, taught and did nothing?

No, of course not!

About Luke 18 and the fact that the apostles didn't understand a particular thing at a particular time or that it was "hidden from them", we should remember that there is a time for everything.

At a particular time, it might not be given to them to know some thing; but it may be revealed later at a time of God's choosing.

Now, it is important to remember that because of fellowship and because of Jesus' own corporate view of His disciples, even if something is revealed to one apostle, as far as we can see, it usually ends up being for all.

Let me point to two important things to bear in mind!

1. "Flesh and blood" did not reveal Jesus' "Sonship" to Peter, the Father did. Who then revealed it to the other apostles? Who even revealed it to Paul?

2. What about all the promises to the apostles that the Holy Spirit will lead them to all truth?
Re: Saints And Sinners by shdemidemi(m): 12:57pm On Jul 24, 2013
Enigma: Bros

My position is that they all preached "the Kingdom"; they all preached one thing; they all preached the one gospel.

You can see the Acts 1:6 incident as a continuation of their "education" and of course that specific education was accompanied with the confirmation of the promise of the power to come to them with the Holy Spirit.

How did you come to this position!

Have you compared the gospel of the king and his subject as preached by the disciples to that of Christ and his mystical body as preached by Paul?
Re: Saints And Sinners by Tgirl4real(f): 12:59pm On Jul 24, 2013
This is getting more and more interesting.

I think I get where everyone is coming from. Lol

Just like Drummaboy said, Demi should do a proper teaching on this, comparing scriptures with scriptures so that someone like me can fully grasp what he is saying cos I also feel he isn't presenting it properly.

@ Demi,

could you please import the questions I asked you concerning this 2 gospels on DB's 1Cor thread and answer it here. I am very limited now.

Thanks.
Re: Saints And Sinners by JesusisLord85: 1:24pm On Jul 24, 2013

Luke 8

Which begs the question, if the commandments are done away with, how come Peter and co did not get the memo.
It is one thing to say the commandments are done away with, it is insane to suggest that those who continue to observe them are rejecting salvation/in bondage.
We are saved by faith, but we prove out faith and prove we know God by obeying his commandments. Or was Abraham saved by keeping the law? or Moses? or David?
They had faith, and kept the law. So how can someone who does that today be said to be under bondage? Nonsense.

John 14:15 "If ye love me, keep my commandments."
Revelation 14:6 "Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus"
Commandments of God. But you say, "that does not apply to me". Funny, you are quick to ascribe the blessings in Psalms and proverbs to yourself, but those were clearly said to promised to those who obeyed.

Joshua 1:8 "This book of the law [/b]shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success."
The law blesses and curses. But to you, it is simply "bondage"

Faith without works is dead brothers and sisters.

James 2:14-16 "[b]What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works
? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead."

Hebrews 4:1-2 "Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. 2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them (their ancestors): but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it."
Re: Saints And Sinners by JesusisLord85: 1:25pm On Jul 24, 2013
That wasn't written to Enigma. But to those who think they are free to be lawless. They know themselves.
Re: Saints And Sinners by shdemidemi(m): 1:27pm On Jul 24, 2013
Dear sis, I have opened another thread that is slightly pertinent to the topic.

https://www.nairaland.com/1370649/shall-continue-sin

You might want to check that.
Re: Saints And Sinners by Candour(m): 1:27pm On Jul 24, 2013
Enigma:

Remember that the Bible does not detail every single thing the apostles did or taught.

What about the apostles whose ministries were hardly mentioned at all --- are we to say that is because they knew, taught and did nothing?

No, of course not!

About Luke 18 and the fact that the apostles didn't understand a particular thing at a particular time or that it was "hidden from them", we should remember that there is a time for everything.

At a particular time, it might not be given to them to know some thing; but it may be revealed later at a time of God's choosing.

Now, it is important to remember that because of fellowship and because of Jesus' own corporate view of His disciples, even if something is revealed to one apostle, as far as we can see, it usually ends up being for all.

Let me point to two important things to bear in mind!

1. "Flesh and blood" did not reveal Jesus' "Sonship" to Peter, the Father did. Who then revealed it to the other apostles? Who even revealed it to Paul?

2. What about all the promises to the apostles that the Holy Spirit will lead them to all truth?

you are right my brother when you say the bible did not mention everything they thought.However, things like rapture, glorious new bodies,body of Christ and it's workings are cardinal to our beliefs as Christians and to think they left those out and only apostle Paul spoke about them should provoke some thought.well it did for me.

the father revealed the sonship to Peter but you'll agree it was God's prerogative to reveal other mysteries to him and others which we know he didn't if we are to believe Luke 18:34.

Another is the issue of ministry to the gentiles.Even after God showed Peter that he will welcome the gentiles and Peter saw the success of his preaching to Cornelius, we know he and the twelve did not still start a ministry to the gentiles.Only Paul did.

I believe Peter finally understood hence his declaration in 2 Peter 3:15-16.
Re: Saints And Sinners by shdemidemi(m): 1:37pm On Jul 24, 2013
JesusisLord85: That wasn't written to Enigma. But to those who think they are free to be lawless. They know themselves.

My dear friend, see what the bible says concerning Abraham
Romans 4
2 For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. 3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”[

What Abraham did or did not do did not make him righteous according to scriptures.

4. Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.

5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness

Its quite clear bro, we won't be justified by faith plus works according to the gospel of Paul.
Romans 1
17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”[b]

If you notice, it did not say 'my righteousness' but the righteousness of God. It has to be the righteousness of God through my faith alone and not my righteousness plus my faith.
Re: Saints And Sinners by MostHigh: 1:59pm On Jul 24, 2013
Candour:

How does the bolded make paul an authority over the apostles and even the master himself?

Lawlessness.
Re: Saints And Sinners by Candour(m): 2:01pm On Jul 24, 2013
MostHigh:

How does the bolded make paul an authority over the apostles and even the master himself?

Lawlessness.

welcome Mosthigh.

You are guilty of hasty conclusion.where in my write up did i imply what you said above?

i guess you too are guilty of lawlessness for uttering an untruth against me
Re: Saints And Sinners by MostHigh: 2:02pm On Jul 24, 2013
shdemidemi:

How did you come to this position!

Have you compared the gospel of the king and his subject as preached by the disciples to that of Christ and his mystical body as preached by Paul?

In response to the bolded.

Is paul now the master?

Why have you chosen to put aside the master and his words?

Who has made paul the AUTHORITY?

pure lawlessness.
Re: Saints And Sinners by MostHigh: 2:19pm On Jul 24, 2013
Candour:

welcome Mosthigh.

You are guilty of hasty conclusion.where in my write up did i imply what you said above?

i guess you too are guilty of lawlessness for uttering an untruth against me

No untruth spoken here

The Mission of every believer is TO BE EXACTLY AS THE MASTER IS AND NOT GREATER.

You are putting paul in an elevated position over his brethren and hence the master himself.

It is written in the holy book that the gentiles AKA unbelivers will be ruled by a rod of iron in the KINGDOM AGE.

The Rod of iron is the LAW.
Re: Saints And Sinners by Candour(m): 2:29pm On Jul 24, 2013
MostHigh:

No untruth spoken here

The Mission of every believer is TO BE EXACTLY AS THE MASTER IS AND NOT GREATER.

You are putting paul in an elevated position over his brethren and hence the master himself.

It is written in the holy book that the gentiles AKA unbelivers will be ruled by a rod of iron in the KINGDOM AGE.

The Rod of iron is the LAW.

I still do not see how i've made Paul greater than the master.

Paul talked about things that none of the other apostles talked about.Paul preached to the gentiles that the other apostles were loath to do, it could only mean he heard and saw things they didn't see.I didn't make all these up.Check your bible and you'll see.
Re: Saints And Sinners by shdemidemi(m): 2:34pm On Jul 24, 2013
MostHigh:

In response to the bolded.

Is paul now the master?

Why have you chosen to put aside the master and his words?

Who has made paul the AUTHORITY?

pure lawlessness.

Do you believe what Christ said in the book of John

12 “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come
Re: Saints And Sinners by MostHigh: 2:37pm On Jul 24, 2013
shdemidemi:

Do you believe what Christ said in the book of John

12 “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come

I do belive.

That being said, are you saying that paul is the spirit of truth?
Re: Saints And Sinners by MostHigh: 2:44pm On Jul 24, 2013
Candour:

I still do not see how i've made Paul greater than the master.

Paul talked about things that none of the other apostles talked about.Paul preached to the gentiles that the other apostles were loath to do, it could only mean he heard and saw things they didn't see.I didn't make all these up.Check your bible and you'll see.

The sermon on the mount gives us the perfect representation of the king in relation to his kingdom

Paul can only expound or expand upon these principles

His preaching to the gentiles was his calling, but salvation is to the JEW first then the GENTILE as it is written.

Paul is a JUADIZER confirmed by scripture, no matter what he spoke with his mouth HE STILL LIVED THE WAY OF THE JEW TILL THE END.

Salvation is of the JEW.
Re: Saints And Sinners by shdemidemi(m): 3:05pm On Jul 24, 2013
MostHigh:

I do belive.

That being said, are you saying that paul is the spirit of truth?

Paul is not the Spirit of truth, Paul is no better than you and me. He says that himself, but the Spirit chose him, taught him and inspired all he said as regards the gospel of Jesus Christ. He was sent primarily to the Gentiles by Christ.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

8 Real Photographs That Prove Hell Exists On Earth / Rccg Prayer Rain - Daily Prayer Programme / Is Sucking Your Wife's breast Biblical???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.