Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (522155 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by lexini: 2:18pm On Nov 03, 2019
Happy Sunday folks

I brought in a 2006 Honda Pilot AWD (J35a9 engine) from the US

The car was cleared last week but it has refused to start.
It cranks and cranks but just doesn't start.

Noticed yesterday that the plugs get wet with fuel, changed the brain box but still didn't start (the plugs were still wet with fuel even with 2 brain boxes installed)

Tested the spark plugs for spark and it was orange/red spark, instead of blue or white so we changed the plugs but it still didn't start.

Changed the nozzles and then exchanged the main relay with the one beside it. Car then started and died when I depressed the accelerator.

Since then, car hasn't started again, just keeps cranking.

Scanned the car, no error codes

Brought the car in for my mother-in-law - U guys should help with ideas please, before they take my wife back from me

Radautoworks
Nurey
Gazzuz
Timifaykay
HeavenlyBang
Wereypey
Kingreign
Kingreignn

And all other car gurus, help a brother abeg
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 4:30pm On Nov 03, 2019
lexini:
Happy Sunday folks

I brought in a 2006 Honda Pilot AWD (J35a9 engine) from the US

The car was cleared last week but it has refused to start.
It cranks and cranks but just doesn't start.

Noticed yesterday that the plugs get wet with fuel, changed the brain box but still didn't start (the plugs were still wet with fuel even with 2 brain boxes installed)

Tested the spark plugs for spark and it was orange/red spark, instead of blue or white so we changed the plugs but it still didn't start.

Changed the nozzles and then exchanged the main relay with the one beside it. Car then started and died when I depressed the accelerator.

Since then, car hasn't started again, just keeps cranking.

Scanned the car, no error codes

Brought the car in for my mother-in-law - U guys should help with ideas please, before they take my wife back from me

And all other car gurus, help a brother abeg

pick one of the gurus close to you because a physical diagnosis is the best solution to pin point your issues.

I don't know if you have ruled out a security system malfunction

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by radautoworks: 8:34pm On Nov 03, 2019
nurey:

pick one of the gurus close to you because a physical diagnosis is the best solution to pin point your issues.

I don't know if you have ruled out a security system malfunction

What he said

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingbusy: 5:02am On Nov 05, 2019
mumayo:
]Good morning all,
please I'm about to purchase a new battery for my car.
is there a tested and trusted brand you'll advise?

also, what should I be on the lookout for

and how do I confirm I'm not been sold a fake or used battery. thank you.

Go for diamond 20k ....75Ah
32k.....100Ah

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nonhuman(m): 7:27am On Nov 05, 2019
My tires are making wururu sound when on the road I have changed two front bearings in less than a week it continues, what should I do

3. After 30min of driving the acceleration becaomes lazy, needs to be pressed down before it will pick up properly
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by rapheal5(m): 3:38pm On Nov 05, 2019
Pls can i get 2005 toyota corolla tokunbo for 1.6m?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Tolzeal(m): 5:49pm On Nov 05, 2019
Please, I'm willing to top up coolant on my Lexus ES 350 purchased TOKs. I have no idea which is right to use. I couldn't see any coolant in the reservoir as well to decide what best coolant to buy using colour variation as determinant.

Please help on right to purchase.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 8:39pm On Nov 05, 2019
Tolzeal:
Please, I'm willing to top up coolant on my Lexus ES 350 purchased TOKs. I have no idea which is right to use. I couldn't see any coolant in the reservoir as well to decide what best coolant to buy using colour variation as determinant.

Please help on right to purchase.

should be Toyota long life coolant

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Tolzeal(m): 9:26pm On Nov 05, 2019
nurey:

should be Toyota long life coolant

Please are these the right ones to buy?

https:///product/toyota-super-long-life-radiator-coolant-3156395
https:///product/toyota-radiator-coolant-red-fluid-3156392

Thanks for your time, Would the small one be enough to top it up, please ? considering there is nothing more in the reservoir?
Thank you

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 3:27am On Nov 06, 2019
Tolzeal:

Please are these the right ones to buy?

https:///product/toyota-super-long-life-radiator-coolant-3156395
https:///product/toyota-radiator-coolant-red-fluid-3156392

Thanks for your time, Would the small one be enough to top it up, please ? considering there is nothing more in the reservoir?
Thank you

the reserve normally gulps 1L just check if the radiator is full to the brim, then buy a can and pour in-between the low and high mark of the reserve tank remember when Engine is hot the reserve tank content would increase

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by radautoworks: 8:21am On Nov 06, 2019
nurey:

the reserve normally gulps 1L just check if the radiator is full to the brim, then buy a can and pour in-between the low and high mark of the reserve tank remember when Engine is hot the reserve tank content would increase

Needs to flush what's in there first because we don't know
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by joshyo1(m): 4:50pm On Nov 07, 2019
I BOUGHT AN ABRO INJECTOR CLEANER, AFTER POURING IT INTO MY TANK AND WITH A FUEL OF 4K, IMMEDIATELY I RESTARTED MY ENGINE, ENGINE CHECK LIGHT CAME ON AND HAS BEEN LIKE THAT, WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM PLEASE AND WHAT SHOULD I DO
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by radautoworks: 4:54pm On Nov 07, 2019
joshyo1:
I BOUGHT AN ABRO INJECTOR CLEANER, AFTER POURING IT INTO MY TANK AND WITH A FUEL OF 4K, IMMEDIATELY I RESTARTED MY ENGINE, ENGINE CHECK LIGHT CAME ON AND HAS BEEN LIKE THAT, WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM PLEASE AND WHAT SHOULD I DO

Abro went wrong. Get thee to a reputable shop
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by EgunMogaji2: 7:48am On Nov 08, 2019
I’ll be posting some funny stuff. I’m framing some of this to be hung in the garage.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by mejai(m): 10:40am On Nov 09, 2019
EgunMogaji2:
I’ll be posting some funny stuff. I’m framing some of this to be hung in the garage.
Gazzuzz will like this

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:03am On Nov 09, 2019
mejai:

Gazzuzz will like this

Say not to violence. Embrace peace.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 09, 2019
Corolla users in the building, what's the average mpg you achieve within the city?

I dont need EPA ratings or anything of such please. What I want is real life Naija figures cheesy
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Eddee(m): 1:44pm On Nov 09, 2019
rationalmind:
Corolla users in the building, what's the average mpg you achieve within the city?

I dont need EPA ratings or anything of such please. What I want is real life Naija figures cheesy

09 Corolla 1.8L - average 14-15 litres for 100 km, city driving. AC on all the time (doubt it makes any notable difference)
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 09, 2019
Eddee:

09 Corolla 1.8L - average 14-15 litres for 100 km, city driving. AC on all the time (doubt it makes any notable difference)

Thanks bro cool

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kormex: 5:48pm On Nov 09, 2019
Meanwhile, we have made in Japan Toyota brake pads, stabilizer linkage, fuel pump, alternator, ignition coil. 08109116078

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by double3(m): 7:06pm On Nov 09, 2019
Eddee:

09 corolla, 1.8L 2zr-fe engine. Average of 23mpg city cruise; AC at mid level, fan speed on 2. Funny enough I don't notice much savings on fuel driving without AC.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Eddee(m): 7:32pm On Nov 09, 2019
double3:

09 corolla, 1.8L 2zr-fe engine. Average of 23mpg city cruise; AC at mid level, fan speed on 2. Funny enough I don't notice much savings on fuel driving without AC.

Makes no difference, even on my Merc. Average of 19-21 litres for every 100km (city driving). It's a 3.2L engine
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by twinskenny(m): 9:36pm On Nov 09, 2019
my car is jacking and also exhaust making noise on motion.. what could be the problem my people? scan has been done some sensors has been changed yet the problem is still there? car is RX 300
any help will be highly appreciated
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ugreat(m): 3:29pm On Nov 10, 2019
twinskenny:
my car is jacking and also exhaust making noise on motion.. what could be the problem my people? scan has been done some sensors has been changed yet the problem is still there? car is RX 300
any help will be highly appreciated

It will be nice to post the scan result here for some great guys to assist you including your location
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ochima75(m): 7:01pm On Nov 10, 2019
Evening is it advisable for me to buy a Volvo s40 right hand drive??

In terms of durability, spare parts availability, fuel consumption and also r thr any common problems??

And also for the fact it's right handed any implications??
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 10, 2019
Ochima75:
Evening is it advisable for me to buy a Volvo s40 right hand drive??

In terms of durability, spare parts availability, fuel consumption

And also for the fact it's right handed any implications??
Normal hand Volvo is not funny electricals wise...now you want to top it up with one yeye conversion

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ochima75(m): 7:11pm On Nov 10, 2019
Smartchoiice:

Normal hand Volvo is not funny electricals wise...now you want to top it up with one yeye conversion

Guess i got my answer already
Made a lil research and found out it's illegal to drive rhd in naija Moreover also not advisable to do conversion cos i may end up spending more

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Afekafe: 10:36pm On Nov 10, 2019
please house i need help if mecedes benz is a good to buy c240 please i need ur advice. Also maintenance wise please advice
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by EgunMogaji2: 10:53am On Nov 11, 2019
When you take your shiat seriously.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:41pm On Nov 11, 2019
EgunMogaji2:
When you take your shiat seriously.

heavenlybang blast grin
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chillex8(m): 6:28pm On Nov 11, 2019
rapheal5:
Pls can i get 2005 toyota corolla tokunbo for 1.6m?
Yes you can.

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread