Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (523000 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Waxxxy: 4:52pm On Nov 24, 2019
Pix

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kenjoseph12: 8:31pm On Nov 28, 2019
Toks 2008 Ford escape for sale .
Non Accidented , first body , Very clean , good condition, its run and drive. It has airbag, air condition, alloy wheel, am/fm radio, armrest, central lock, cd player, cup holder, electric mirror, electric window, cloth interior, power steering and many more

Price : NGN1,850,000

Please call or WhatsApp Elvis 08118050111

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nonhuman(m): 12:25pm On Nov 29, 2019
My back tires are making noise what should I do
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 29, 2019
nonhuman:
My back tires are making noise what should I do

Are you sure it's the tires? It's normal for tires to make more noise as the thread wears out. So you either replace the tires or increase your music volume cool
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Eddee(m): 4:01pm On Nov 29, 2019
rationalmind:

Are you sure it's the tires? It's normal for tires to make more noise as the thread wears out. So you either replace the tires or increase your music volume cool

Baba, you no get joy

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 29, 2019
Eddee:

Baba, you no get joy

My Oga, when this your post finally sinks in, that's the kind of recommendation that comes from the head cheesy

Eddee:

Most middle income family men earn a paltry 70-100k (193—277 USD) - Average of $235 monthly Let that amount sink in

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Eddee(m): 4:16pm On Nov 29, 2019
rationalmind:

My Oga, when this your post finally sinks in, that's the kind of recommendation that comes from the head cheesy

My brother dem borrow me one G63 Amg. Life just dey sweet me anyhow grin - some Christmas lights dey on, but I no send.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 29, 2019
Eddee:

My brother dem borrow me one G63 Amg. Life just dey sweet me anyhow grin - some Christmas lights dey on, but I no send.

mrjaydee:
Got a request inside Lekki 1. Got the house rider say make I enter the compound, na so I enter the compound.

The lowest car I see na Hilux, Benz Porsche, Rangerover etc

Rider: pls park your car and start the trip we are going in my G-wagon.

Me: Confused and excited..I just say no props. In my mind ehn if you see happiness.

Na so I take drive Gwagon reach airport to pick her parents and back to lekki. The trip was a card trip, madam still dash me 10k.

Now I'm back in my coro, the car just dey vex me. We go use all body to turn steering, person go enter pothole or your head go dey pain you.
Chai! God punish poverty.

Modified. If you drive a Gwagon come airport you are free to park and stop anywhere. I saw those bastards tout dem just dey salute

2nd lekki to airport. Rider paid 8k. 23k today... lazy driver closed

I believe you. This man here self be testify to the goodness of that beast cheesy

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Eddee(m): 4:43pm On Nov 29, 2019
rationalmind:

I believe you. This man here self be testify to the goodness of that beast cheesy

I for post pictures, but I go run am offline. SARS dey cut cap for me, in short - our internal auditor don dey review my authorisation schedules based on procurement for work. grin

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by radautoworks: 12:57am On Dec 01, 2019
https://guardian.ng/news/25-year-old-unveils-first-nigerian-made-carbon-fiber-sports-car/amp/

"
The car manufacturer said the car has four radiators for Nigeria’s temperature and rugged for the country’s road."

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 01, 2019
radautoworks:
https://guardian.ng/news/25-year-old-unveils-first-nigerian-made-carbon-fiber-sports-car/amp/

"
The car manufacturer said the car has four radiators for Nigeria’s temperature and rugged for the country’s road."

Main, duty, ancillary and backup radiators. Designed for Nigeria’s road and mechanics. So if radiator 1 fails in Lagos traffic jam with hungry area boys prowling around, switch to radiator 2 and keep moving till you get to safety.

I no try?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chukel(m): 10:43am On Dec 01, 2019
Please where can I get headlamps and front grille fo 07 Acura MDX at reasonable price.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by thebigkendo(m): 11:11am On Dec 01, 2019
chukel:
Please where can I get headlamps and front grille fo 07 Acura MDX at reasonable price.

If in Lagos, you have 3 options
Oyingbo
Owode onirin
Ladipo

As for reasonable price, Acura body parts don't come cheap, your bargaining prowess & street wisdom will determine the reasonable price you get grin

Or you can order from obodo oyibo
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chukel(m): 11:54am On Dec 01, 2019
thebigkendo:

If in Lagos, you have 3 options
Oyingbo
Owode onirin
Ladipo

As for reasonable price, Acura body parts don't come cheap, your bargaining prowess & street wisdom will determine the reasonable price you get grin

Or you can order from obodo oyibo
thanks. Obodo oyibo is out of it. Ladipo has outrageous price. Time to reach tpound for woods price
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by thebigkendo(m): 11:56am On Dec 01, 2019
chukel:
thanks. Obodo oyibo is out of it. Ladipo has outrageous price. Time to reach tpound for woods price

Acura body parts don't come cheap!!!

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by TPound(m): 12:22pm On Dec 01, 2019
chukel:

TPound on the sound baby!!!

What do you need?

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chukel(m): 12:40pm On Dec 01, 2019
TPound:

TPound on the sound baby!!!

What do you need?
front headlamps and grille for 2007 Acura MDX
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by TPound(m): 2:06pm On Dec 01, 2019
chukel:
front headlamps and grille for 2007 Acura MDX

Noted...will get back to you on that
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by radautoworks: 2:10pm On Dec 01, 2019
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 01, 2019
radautoworks:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-12-01/dutch-company-to-light-a-million-nigerian-homes-with-solar-power

Sounds awesome but there are over 200 million of us...

A quick look see.

I saw rural electrification.

That is where it usually works out in these parts.

Once you are middle class with TV, fridge, freezer and three bedrooms, it's really no longer cost effective. Even if you are a spartan who uses fans instead of acs

My experience
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by gummi21: 10:39pm On Dec 01, 2019
what replacement headlight bulbs are people using.... preferable[b] led[/b] bulbs is visible and clear at night... the bulbs are h4 also known as 9003 for Hyundai…is anyone selling them here..??
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nelsmannnnnnnnn(m): 7:29am On Dec 02, 2019
I heard one need a permit before using a 'Learner' s sign' on your car.

How true and applicable is this especially in Lagos??

Cc: Everyone
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by radautoworks: 12:21am On Dec 03, 2019
gummi21:
what replacement headlight bulbs are people using.... preferable[b] led[/b] bulbs is visible and clear at night... the bulbs are h4 also known as 9003 for Hyundai…is anyone selling them here..??

http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=SHG&partNumber=CQ-9003 N2,212 each

Will bring them in if you want
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by AshipaEk0: 12:47pm On Dec 03, 2019
Nelsmannnnnnnnn:
I heard one need a permit before using a 'Learner' s sign' on your car.

How true and applicable is this especially in Lagos??

Cc: Everyone

yes. you need one.

You need a driving school certificate to apply for it.

or you can do it the naija way. don't jam person sha
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by timifakay(m): 1:40pm On Dec 03, 2019
radautoworks:

Noted.
Do you have experience using it?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by bliss11(m): 1:42pm On Dec 03, 2019
hello house, I own a honda civic 2006, I removed the battery to help someone start his car and after that mine refused to start and does not show the ba3 icon on dash board when the ignition is turned on but radio and lights come on, I called an electrician to check he said something abt brain box. pls can brain box be d issue?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by gummi21: 3:25pm On Dec 03, 2019
radautoworks:

link error...send again
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by empron(m): 8:22pm On Dec 03, 2019
bliss11:
hello house, I own a honda civic 2006, I removed the battery to help someone start his car and after that mine refused to start and does not show the ba3 icon on dash board when the ignition is turned on but radio and lights come on, I called an electrician to check he said something brain box. pls can brain box be d issue?
yes it can cause it.You put the battery terminal wrongly. Do you have your check engine light?If yes run a scan.No let him troubleshooting the PGM FI main relay underhood .best of luck
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by babyboy4every1: 9:48pm On Dec 03, 2019
Gurus, Can i still use a/c on a rebuilt engine?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by babyboy4every1: 9:53pm On Dec 03, 2019
Gurus, pls can i still use a/c on rebuilt engine?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by double3(m): 10:03pm On Dec 03, 2019
bliss11:
hello house, I own a honda civic 2006, I removed the battery to help someone start his car and after that mine refused to start and does not show the ba3 icon on dash board when the ignition is turned on but radio and lights come on, I called an electrician to check he said something abt brain box. pls can brain box be d issue?
Wrong terminal connection is a probable cause, u must have fried ur ECU(brain box) in the process. Tell ur mech to check for blown fuses before he condemns the ECU. Most cars are wired to trip a fuse or something of sort when the battery is connected wrongly in order to save the ECU.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by radautoworks: 11:29pm On Dec 03, 2019
babyboy4every1:
Gurus, pls can i still use a/c on rebuilt engine?

I should hope so if not what was the point of rebuilding it undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread