Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (522994 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by radautoworks: 11:34pm On Dec 03, 2019
timifakay:

Noted.
Do you have experience using it?

Yeah. It's our version of Sylvania Osram. It might even be Sylvania itself. I can't remember from this line code.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by radautoworks: 11:35pm On Dec 03, 2019
gummi21:

link error...send again

Link correct. System maintenance earlier today. Please try again.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by greatstephenho(m): 8:10am On Dec 04, 2019
Hello good morning all.

Urgent please, my Lexus 330 speedometer was changed yesterday do to fuel gage indicator. Then I noticed the check engine light was steady too without going off, is it normal?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by bliss11(m): 11:12am On Dec 04, 2019
double3:

Wrong terminal connection is a probable cause, u must have fried ur ECU(brain box) in the process. Tell ur mech to check for blown fuses before he condemns the ECU. Most cars are wired to trip a fuse or something of sort when the battery is connected wrongly in order to save the ECU.
Thanks the fuse were checked and they are ok but I'll ask him to check again
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by bliss11(m): 11:13am On Dec 04, 2019
empron:
yes it can cause it.You put the battery terminal wrongly. Do you have your check engine light?If yes run a scan.No let him troubleshooting the PGM FI main relay underhood .best of luck
Thanks I'll do that
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nelsmannnnnnnnn(m): 11:39am On Dec 04, 2019
AshipaEk0:

yes. you need one.

You need a driving school certificate to apply for it.

or you can do it the naija way. don't jam person sha

Lol grin I'm a good driver bro. I have my driving license. I decided to place the learner's sticker on my car to scare away mad drivers driving close me grin
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Alfred2000: 1:29pm On Dec 04, 2019
Please help. I need assistance. My 08 toyota camry i got off copart just got to Nigeria only for my mechanic to realize that the transmission isn’t working. It’s refused to get into gear. Said the somethings needs changing and that it’s a gear box problem
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Mystical888: 2:51pm On Dec 04, 2019
Renew your vehicle insurance with just the click of a button with Axamansard Insurance.
Get your insurance documents delivered directly to you.

Benefits
1) Comprehensive and Third party.
2) 24 hour claim payment guaranteed in case of damage.
3) Replacement of vehicle within 10 days for comprehensive insurance.

Call Abiodun 09020860509 or PM for details.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:18pm On Dec 04, 2019
Alfred2000:
Please help. I need assistance. My 08 toyota camry i got off copart just got to Nigeria only for my mechanic to realize that the transmission isn’t working. It’s refused to get into gear. Said the somethings needs changing and that it’s a gear box problem

Replace gearbox, i repeat , replace gearbox
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by gummi21: 5:14pm On Dec 04, 2019
radautoworks:

Link correct. System maintenance earlier today. Please try again.

link still don't work.. system maintenance still ?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by radautoworks: 8:03pm On Dec 04, 2019
gummi21:

link still don't work.. system maintenance still ?

Weird... I clicked on it again just now and it worked... Maybe your firewall or antivirus doesn't like it for some reason? I think timifakay opened it?

http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=SHG&partNumber=CQ-9003

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by selfmadeOLX(m): 9:16pm On Dec 04, 2019
Any idea on a complete paint job on a full sized sedan?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by gummi21: 10:28pm On Dec 04, 2019
radautoworks:

Weird... I clicked on it again just now and it worked... Maybe your firewall or antivirus doesn't like it for some reason? I think timifakay opened it?

now it worked...not really what I asked for though. This is a normal halogen but I am looking for led bulbs..
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by timifakay(m): 11:04pm On Dec 04, 2019
radautoworks:

I deserve the accolade.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Prince3(m): 6:49pm On Dec 05, 2019
Testrun
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by timifakay(m): 9:49pm On Dec 05, 2019
Alfred2000:

1. The mechanic.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nonhuman(m): 1:45pm On Dec 06, 2019
just check my oil gauge this morning after I traveled with the car Hyundai tus 2008, I notice there is shortage and I have not use run up to 2000 kilometers after the last oil change and servicing, please fellows could be the case
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Peacemaker126: 2:12pm On Dec 06, 2019
Goodafternoon house pls help a brother am in a big problem I use Mazda 6 04 4plug the gearbox started giving me issues I have to repair it after that my car life never remind the same that the gearbox over heat and burn all wire in the car,so I have to other for a tokunbo gearbox the mechanic want to the market and brought himself we fix it the Car did drive or R i was shock I have to send back the other one and bring another one still the same it driver a little bit not up to a minute and it didn’t drive or R again,what we I do now should I give the gear repair man to fix it which is 10k and 8k to another mechanic that we remove and fix the gearbox again or should I order for another 1 I have wasted money all dis days pls help me
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by radautoworks: 6:58pm On Dec 06, 2019
Peacemaker126:
Goodafternoon house pls help a brother am in a big problem I use Mazda 6 04 4plug the gearbox started giving me issues I have to repair it after that my car life never remind the same that the gearbox over heat and burn all wire in the car,so I have to other for a tokunbo gearbox the mechanic want to the market and brought himself we fix it the Car did drive or R i was shock I have to send back the other one and bring another one still the same it driver a little bit not up to a minute and it didn’t drive or R again,what we I do now should I give the gear repair man to fix it which is 10k and 8k to another mechanic that we remove and fix the gearbox again or should I order for another 1 I have wasted money all dis days pls help me

Find a new person
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 08, 2019
Eddee:

Thirdly, buy a small potable Engine code reader (don't bother about learning to read DTCs, post am for here - people go interpret am for you).

A small misfire on a German car could cost you half the purchase price if you allow naija kazeems to keep changing plugs, ignition coils/wires, fuel pumps/filters/rails and their favorite part when all else fails, the brain box. Kazeems will only suggest computer when they've finished with you completely.

This must come from extensive experience with Kazeems cheesy

A friend was low on fuel when he got to his destination. The plan was to enter the next filling station before his return trip. On getting back to the car, vehicle refused to start so he engaged the next available Kazeem.

First he said it was the fuel pump, later it was a fuse then it was crankshaft sensor and finally insisted it was the brain box grin

My friend refused buying a "brain box" and that was when he(the kazeem) told him he has a brother that can help him scan.

Scan eventually revealed it was a problem with the ignition.

The funny thing is, they never learn. The next time someone else comes, he'll still go on this same rigmarole and will only recommend the scan when everything else fails grin
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Eddee(m): 1:48pm On Dec 08, 2019
rationalmind:

This must come from extensive experience with Kazeems cheesy

A friend was low on fuel when he got to his destination. The plan was to enter the next filling station before his return trip. On getting back to the car, vehicle refused to start so he engaged the next available Kazeem.

First he said it was the fuel pump, later it was a fuse then it was crankshaft sensor and finally insisted it was the brain box grin

My friend refused buying a "brain box" and that was when he(the kazeem) told him he has a brother that can help him scan.

Scan eventually revealed it was a problem with the ignition.

The funny thing is, they never learn. The next time someone else comes, he'll still go on this same rigmarole and will only recommend the scan when everything else fails grin

The issue is kazeems are set in the old ways. They are very resourceful and will fix a problem provided they know the root cause.

Problem is they love throwing parts at problems before determining what the problem itself is. They do this because most times they've parts lying around they'd like to dispose off, and what better way to dupe you of your hard earned cash than to sell you more problems?

In short, the problem for our country na dishonesty

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by tellsblinks(m): 8:22pm On Dec 08, 2019
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Eddee(m): 12:36pm On Dec 10, 2019
Guess what I saw today, a Volvo coupe. It was moving too fast, my coro couldn't keep up in order to take proper pictures. Valarinz wetin be this one name?

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 1:17pm On Dec 10, 2019
Eddee:
Guess what I saw today, a Volvo coupe. It was moving too fast, my coro couldn't keep up in order to take proper pictures.?

Volvo C70
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Eddee(m): 1:23pm On Dec 10, 2019
nurey:

Volvo C70

Thanks man, forgot you're the plug. Saw it earlier on a 4km bypass, sh*t was moving too fast, only caught up in traffic.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by valarinz: 1:28pm On Dec 10, 2019
Eddee:
Guess what I saw today, a Volvo coupe. It was moving too fast, my coro couldn't keep up in order to take proper pictures. Valarinz wetin be this one name?

06 model C70, usually coupe/hatchback

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Eddee(m): 2:13pm On Dec 10, 2019
valarinz:

06 model C70, usually coupe/hatchback

The coupe looked beautiful in a very weird way. Took me by surprise, didn't know Volvo's design language was this flexible
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by radautoworks: 7:42am On Dec 12, 2019
Eddee:

The coupe looked beautiful in a very weird way. Took me by surprise, didn't know Volvo's design language was this flexible

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ksmart027(m): 6:37pm On Dec 12, 2019
Good evening house, i saw these 2008 honda civic i want to buy on jiji, manual transmission for 650k. The problem is i dont know if i am getting a lemon for that amount. What are the things to look out for when inspecting the car. @nurey, gazzuz and other gurus in the house.

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.