Stats: 3,194,321 members, 7,954,286 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:01 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (550200 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chillex8(m): 6:33pm On Nov 11, 2019
rationalmind:
Corolla users in the building, what's the average mpg you achieve within the city?

I dont need EPA ratings or anything of such please. What I want is real life Naija figures cheesy

My Corolla does 10km for every 1litre of petrol in lagos.
Have never done highway driving with it before.
Can't trust corolla on the highway.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 12, 2019
chillex8:

My Corolla does 10km for every 1litre of petrol in lagos.
Have never done highway driving with it before.
Can't trust corolla on the highway.

Quite impressive shocked
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Rocice(m): 11:36pm On Nov 13, 2019
Hello
Good day bosses
My toyota camry 2003 model’s throttle recently stops working either when i am in motion or about to start the car
Initially the mechanic thought it was the fuel pump so I changed the pump still no solution!
I have even bought a new nee throttle mouth the problem keeps occuring
What can i do pls?
Sorry for the grammar errors
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by makydebbie(f): 4:54pm On Nov 14, 2019
BENZ or nothing.

bmw sef no reach. grin

Cc Pocohantas. grin
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by harqinhola(m): 2:19am On Nov 15, 2019
Guys , pls I just got a 2008 Audi A4 , I need expert advice on the best octane booster and oil to use as the vehicle requires Premium unleaded gas .

@siena and co.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by IKPOLIGA: 8:47am On Nov 15, 2019
Morning, my toyota rav 4 2001 model use to drag but i have changed the gear as advised by my gear mechanic but i am curious do i really need to change my brain box?
Secondly, how do i remove the "check engine" indicator on my dash board?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by radautoworks: 7:36am On Nov 16, 2019
IKPOLIGA:
Morning, my toyota rav 4 2001 model use to drag but i have changed the gear as advised by my gear mechanic but i am curious do i really need to change my brain box?
Secondly, how do i remove the "check engine" indicator on my dash board?

Both issues require a code scanner
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by teeytimi: 1:51pm On Nov 17, 2019
Please guys, I need to make a decision on which of these two model of Honda baby boy should I buy, The V6 or the 4plug engine. Please I will like to know what advantage one has over the other.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by agbajor27: 12:56pm On Nov 18, 2019
good day house, pls i am about getting a nigerian used 2004 nissan pathfinder for a relative. However, i have two major obstacles at the moment: One, i have many people telling me i should not buy a nigerian used vehicle because no matter how well it is inspected, there are problems dat are hidden and cannot be noticed by simple inspection and/or test-drive by a mechanic. Secondly, i am based in warri and the vehicle and seller are at ijeshatedo, surulere - would like to get a good nissan mechanic around dat surulere to look at it very well. Pls i need opinions from the gurus and experienced people in the house. Thanks in anticipation.

ikenna
siena
gazzuzz
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Sinclaire1(m): 2:09pm On Nov 18, 2019
Clean (well maintained) Honda Accord 2008 For Sale

Condition
Nigerian Used

Make
Honda

Model
Accord

Year of manufacture

Colour
Gold

Transmission
Automatic

Mileage
55352km

Registered Car
Yes

Price - N1,650,000

Ad details
Clean honda accord,year - 2008, colour - gold,bought tokunbo, full option, unic leather seat, few months use and everything working perfectly like a new car. Buy and drive.
Location - ajah -lekki
Call/whatsapp - 07035299955

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Sinclaire1(m): 2:19pm On Nov 18, 2019
Tokunbo Toyota Corolla UK �� Used

Right Hand Car(you can convert)

Transmission - Manual

Year - 2005

Mileage - 185000km

Colour - Grey

Price - N1,400,000

Location - Ikota Shopping Complex VGC,Lekki.

Mobile - 07035299955

Fast � Car �

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Sinclaire1(m): 2:21pm On Nov 18, 2019
Very clean car
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by pawesome(m): 4:33pm On Nov 18, 2019
Please guys..am about getting my first car and i have already settled for Peugeot 406 prestige..but the thing now is that am seeing two different engines on the ones that i have checked...please i need opinions as to which type of engine should i pick

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dannybrasky(m): 4:49pm On Nov 18, 2019
pawesome:
Please guys..am about getting my first car and i have already settled for Peugeot 406 prestige..but the thing now is that am seeing two different engines on the ones that i have checked...please i need opinions as to which type of engine should i pick
Cc diportivo
Come look am with your binocular eyes grin

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by diportivo: 5:23am On Nov 19, 2019
dannybrasky:

Cc diportivo
Come look am with your binocular eyes grin

boss boss

I swear,na ikenna351 fit do justice to that question oh

first picture is an older engine tho

the 4o6 I ownwe had the second engine...ew10

car safe fuel like bastard grin

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by afangsoup: 6:38am On Nov 19, 2019
pawesome:

Go for the one below, its an EW10 series engine its a more modern, refined, more powerful and more efficient engine its aluminium and its got a VVT. While the The upper picture shows an XU engine which is more rugged cos its a cast iron block engine.

That said, I still hate Peugeot. Na weyrey motor.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by pawesome(m): 8:00am On Nov 19, 2019
afangsoup:

Go for the one below, its an EW10 series engine its a more modern, refined, more powerful and more efficient engine its aluminium and its got a VVT. While the The upper picture shows an XU engine which is more rugged cos its a cast iron block engine.

That said, I still hate Peugeot. Na weyrey motor.

lol...thank you
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dannybrasky(m): 8:08am On Nov 19, 2019
diportivo:

boss boss

I swear,na ikenna351 fit do justice to that question oh

first picture is an older engine tho

the 4o6 I ownwe had the second engine...ew10

car safe fuel like bastard grin
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nonhuman(m): 11:52am On Nov 19, 2019
I want to fill my coolant tank, I want to know if I should mix with water or or just pour in only the coolant in the coolant tank
Please help, Car gurus
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by magikalz(m): 1:47am On Nov 21, 2019
Fix your car dents by yourself in seconds with this tool. ��

No Need for Panel Beaters for Dents! �

Now you can save yourself expenses by getting this.

Discount Price - N8,500 ONLY �

Contact us here to order yours now - https://www.lifesolutions.shop/professional-car-dent-remover/

Or Call 0.7037859.58.9 ��

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yZ6HOId320
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Xtrachidi(m): 10:07am On Nov 22, 2019
Best wishes to you.

please, my Honda Acura Car is recently giving me a challenge such that the odometer will come to zero and quench immediately I put the gear.

When the car starts, the odometer will be at the normal level or revolution but immediately I apply the gear, it will go down completely and off the engine. If I manage to move the car, the engine suddenly goes off immediately I apply the brake to reduce the acceleration completely especially on a hold up or a pot hole.

A mechanic suggested to change the six plugs with platinum NGK which I did but that could not remedy the situation.

Please, what exactly should I do as I am in need of an exact solution to avoid changing whole lots of parts without solution.
Please, I need your help!
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Billiebaba(m): 11:18am On Nov 22, 2019
Xtrachidi:
Best wishes to you.

please, my Honda Acura Car is recently giving me a challenge such that the odometer will come to zero and quench immediately I put the gear.

When the car starts, the odometer will be at the normal level or revolution but immediately I apply the gear, it will go down completely and off the engine. If I manage to move the car, the engine suddenly goes off immediately I apply the brake to reduce the acceleration completely especially on a hold up or a pot hole.

A mechanic suggested to change the six plugs with platinum NGK which I did but that could not remedy the situation.

Please, what exactly should I do as I am in need of an exact solution to avoid changing whole lots of parts without solution.
Please, I need your help!
First go for a scan. Pls don't throw parts, it needs intensive diagnosis.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Xtrachidi(m): 4:05pm On Nov 22, 2019
Yes, I just used a personal scanner which gave me three codes (PO753, PO758 & P1768).

The scanner manual said that the first code (PO753) means : Shift Solenoid A Circuit Electrical and the second code (PO758) means: Shift Solenoid B Circuit Electrical.

I don't know how to go about it but a Nairalander told me that the problem regarding to the above codes is just to change the gear switch.

I have tried to consult an Electrician in my locality but mentioning the codes for them doesn't make any sense.
Please, you can suggest more ways to go about it regarding to the scanner's codes and the real interpretation as well as the real problem of the vehicle as regards to the extreme brake and quench and rough idling.

Thank you!
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 5:30pm On Nov 22, 2019
Xtrachidi:
Yes, I just used a personal scanner which gave me three codes (PO753, PO758 & P1768).

The scanner manual said that the first code (PO753) means : Shift Solenoid A Circuit Electrical and the second code (PO758) means: Shift Solenoid B Circuit Electrical.

I don't know how to go about it but a Nairalander told me that the problem regarding to the above codes is just to change the gear switch.

I have tried to consult an Electrician in my locality but mentioning the codes for them doesn't make any sense.
Please, you can suggest more ways to go about it regarding to the scanner's codes and the real interpretation as well as the real problem of the vehicle as regards to the extreme brake and quench and rough idling.

Thank you!

whenever you have car issues, always put the year and model alongside, there are so many Honda and Acura but I have never seen Honda Acura before sounds like a cloned car
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Xtrachidi(m): 12:35am On Nov 23, 2019
Please, forgive my manners!
The car is 1996 Acura Legend (v6)
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Asekhamhe1: 6:21am On Nov 23, 2019
What car can I buy for 1.4m
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by pufframmy: 6:08am On Nov 24, 2019
GOLF 3 For Sale First Body with Ac
contact 07035215084
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 24, 2019
Please anyone, I need a high quality car seat full cover for a sedan.
How do I make this choice and where to get.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by efeblin(m): 11:01am On Nov 24, 2019
Nigeria used Toyota Corolla available for sale
2006 model
Price 1.2M
Call: 08068798149

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Waxxxy: 3:14pm On Nov 24, 2019
I want to increase the ground level of my 2005 Toyota Corolla Sport because of bad road. The car has 185/60/R15 tyre on it. Can I change the tyre & rim size to 215/60/R16?

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (226) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread