Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,037 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (524594 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 9:55am On Apr 28, 2020
Blackbishop:

Looks V4. Boss I will advise you need to carry an Auto Technician to inspect and give report before buying..
My 2kobo sense for you
i4 not v4.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 10:00am On Apr 28, 2020
kingreign:

i4 not v4.

My mistake bro

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Olayiwola4sure: 12:00pm On Apr 28, 2020
Hi,

kindly help with possible solution or advice, I have a corolla verso 2007 model and recently, the car (gear) would suddenly switched to neutral mode when stopped and it would not engage again until the car is switched off and allow some hours to pass before the gear could be operational.

thanks for you anticipated prompt response.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by MGDIMA4: 12:54pm On Apr 28, 2020
Tmissy3000:
Pls is this engine v4 or v6 I want I’m about to pay for the car please urgent reply.. thanks

It's i4

At how much u Want to buy it?
And have u test drove the car?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 1:28pm On Apr 28, 2020
Olayiwola4sure:
Hi,

kindly help with possible solution or advice, I have a corolla verso 2007 model and recently, the car (gear) would suddenly switched to neutral mode when stopped and it would not engage again until the car is switched off and allow some hours to pass before the gear could be operational.

thanks for you anticipated prompt response.

Good day boss have you try to scan the car?
If you have what are codes?
And if not first thing first check the transmission fluid for color and level.

The possible fault here is either the valve stuck open or dirty filter or the sensor.

B-Automobile Nigeria Limited
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Tmissy3000(m): 3:22pm On Apr 28, 2020
MGDIMA4:

It's i4

At how much u Want to buy it?
And have u test drove the car?
thank you bro for your reply, I’m buying it for 800k and is their any advices you can give though I’m going to see the car myself tomorrow.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by MGDIMA4: 3:26pm On Apr 28, 2020
Tmissy3000:
thank you bro for your reply, I’m buying it for 800k and is their any advices you can give though I’m going to see the car myself tomorrow.

800k?
Make sure nothing to fix.
Check body and engine, Ac etv

You better go with mechanic ,I mean mechanic not kazeema
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Tmissy3000(m): 3:28pm On Apr 28, 2020
MGDIMA4:

800k?
Make sure nothing to be fix
Check body and engine, Ac etc

You better go with mechanic ,I mean mechanic not kazeema
.. thanks bro, I will be going with my mechanic tomorrow, is the car good for the price? Though who inspected the car earlier said th Ac is working fine and the engine still sounds good but I’m going tomorrow to see for myself this my first car, and I really want to be careful not to make wrong choice
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by holujohn: 4:53pm On Apr 28, 2020
where can i find any good ac technician around ikosi shangisha
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by MGDIMA4: 7:13pm On Apr 28, 2020
Tmissy3000:
.. thanks bro, I will be going with my mechanic tomorrow, is the car good for the price? Though who inspected the car earlier said th Ac is working fine and the engine still sounds good but I’m going tomorrow to see for myself this my first car, and I really want to be careful not to make wrong choice
.you have to be careful.

If the engine is sound , Ac is Working perfectly , first body paint , good shocks absorbers , good tires then don't hesitate to pay

N800k is good
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by BeardedTraveler: 12:23pm On Apr 29, 2020
Tmissy3000:

Too expensive

2 Likes

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by revived: 10:30am On May 01, 2020
Hello Bosses
Kindly Help Out With Advice

Am currently using a Toyota Camry 2001( just bought it toks recently )

But about upgrading to Toyota Venza 08/09 or Toyota Highlander 08

Can U Help Out With Any Advice As Regards The Usage Of Both Cars On Nigerian Roads
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by gokecont(m): 2:11pm On May 01, 2020
Please where can I see my engine number for Honda pilot 06
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by lexini: 3:12pm On May 01, 2020
My people

Please I need answers

I didnt drive my 2003 highlander for like 3 weeks at the beginning of this lockdown.

when i finally moved her, noticed that while driving (on D), the gear disengages and if I depress the throttle, it just revs like the car is on park or neutral.

I had to engage the reverse gear first, then move back to drive (D) before it picked again.

this has happened like twice after I first noticed it.

Please advise on how to fix this.

Thank you
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 9:12pm On May 01, 2020
revived:
Hello Bosses
Kindly Help Out With Advice

Am currently using a Toyota Camry 2001( just bought it toks recently )

But about upgrading to Toyota Venza 08/09 or Toyota Highlander 08

Can U Help Out With Any Advice As Regards The Usage Of Both Cars On Nigerian Roads

It depends on what you want to know sir.

Camry 2001 is a good car with a good engine and a good suspension system.
Parts are relatively easy and cheap to get.
For the useage with Nigeria roads just plan on changing parts or whole suspension sysyem.
And always use the recommended oil to service both the engine and transmission. You should be good..

For Venza also good and balance well with the Nigeria roads but parts are relatively expensive but it all depends on your mechanic. But you will sure enjoy it if you have a very good Technician to handle repairs and not your regular road side due to the car sensor that can be alter by baba kazeem due to ignorance. Like the thermostat that they will advise you to remove.

For further questions check below for contact info

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 9:12pm On May 01, 2020
gokecont:
Please where can I see my engine number for Honda pilot 06

Easy way out check your car papers
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 9:15pm On May 01, 2020
lexini:
My people

Please I need answers

I didnt drive my 2003 highlander for like 3 weeks at the beginning of this lockdown.

when i finally moved her, noticed that while driving (on D), the gear disengages and if I depress the throttle, it just revs like the car is on park or neutral.

I had to engage the reverse gear first, then move back to drive (D) before it picked again.

this has happened like twice after I first noticed it.

Please advise on how to fix this.

Thank you

Boss I will advise you seek for an Auto Technician immediate scanning of the vehicle due to a possible fluid level and valve stuck open.. But likely it will be your fluid level boss and dirty filter

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by elebilafe(m): 9:48pm On May 01, 2020
Which of this car is better for public transportation 2006 Toyota Previa or 2006 Toyota Siena thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 9:50pm On May 01, 2020
elebilafe:
Which of this car is better for public transportation 2006 Toyota Previa or 2006 Toyota Siena thanks

The two is ok..
But I will advise you go for Siena

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by elebilafe(m): 9:58pm On May 01, 2020
Blackbishop:

The two is ok..
But I will advise you go for Siena

thanks so much God bless you
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by otugbem(m): 11:16pm On May 02, 2020
Hi guys, is there anyone who handles NAVSAT software here? Prado 2019 to be precise.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by phranco(m): 12:37am On May 03, 2020
Good day bosses, am having a crush on hyundai sonata 2011, i want to get advice regarding
Availabity of spare parts
whether the spare parts are affordable
maintenance wise
getting good mechanics
availability of parts
durability of the car
Overall performance of the car
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by anyibig: 1:16am On May 03, 2020
Hi guys, please I really need your advice. I have the option of buying a Nigerian used lexus rx330 2005 or hyundai sonata 2013 from USA. Please which do you think is more reliable and durable?? I really don't want a car that will give me headache in near future. Also fuel efficient is considered. Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 11:07am On May 03, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/5770914/mechanic-roundtable/2#89131757

For update on Dashboard Indicators.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by empron(m): 8:59am On May 06, 2020
anyibig:
Hi guys, please I really need your advice. I have the option of buying a Nigerian used lexus rx330 2005 or hyundai sonata 2013 from USA. Please which do you think is more reliable and durable?? I really don't want a car that will give me headache in near future. Also fuel efficient is considered. Thanks
Nigeria used/foreign used.I will go for foreign used if not accidented

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by myke92(m): 10:40pm On May 06, 2020
Hi guys... What's a fair price to buy a Nigerian used Toyota Avalon 2001 model..?

Seller is quoting 900K.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 10:49pm On May 06, 2020
myke92:
Hi guys... What's a fair price to buy a Nigerian used Toyota Avalon 2001 model..?

Seller is quoting 900K.

Boss before buying a naija used car let an Auto Technician run diagnosis, then the report generated will give you the bargaining power to deduct from the quoted price.

For example after been diagnosed all the repairs needed will be deducted from the actual price then yhu and the seller can come to an agreement... But most times my report reduces price in a way sir
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kaybaba5(m): 10:53am On May 07, 2020
my camry 2001 4cylinder is giving me issue, i noticed that whenever am driving and the ac is on, the steering looked hard to turn if i want to enter corner area and vibrating but without ac its normal..............

whats the solution.................
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 2:25pm On May 07, 2020
Kaybaba5:
my camry 2001 4cylinder is giving me issue, i noticed that whenever am driving and the ac is on, the steering looked hard to turn if i want to enter corner area and vibrating but without ac its normal..............

whats the solution.................

Boss I will suggest you look at the pulley.
Prolly you compressor pulley is kind hooking.

But I will like a physical inspection
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Itzhandy: 4:11pm On May 07, 2020
Contact https:///2347084523237 for any China Pickups,Chinese Account,WeChat Pay,Alipay all available for instant pickup,Your Money Available in 60 Minutes � � Good Rate � �
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 5:43pm On May 07, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/5770914/mechanic-roundtable/2#89294062

Please follow the link for more on the specifications of engine oil recommended for your vehicle..

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.