Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,918 members, 7,952,687 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:11 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (549912 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by yinkaoke(f): 7:44am On May 08, 2020
@blackbishop please help from ur wealth of experience, we changed d brain box of a Corolla 2006 but d car did not start, just rolling and d only brain box that started the car, when you put d car in drive it drags when u accelerate. Difficult to move but moves well in reverse.
Please what do u think may be d problem? It wasn't like this with d original brain box that came with d vehicle that got lost.

We v tried about 6 different brain box

yinkaoke:
At blackbishop please what does one stand to loose when d brain box of a car is removed or lost.
Can a tokunbo brain box ever be like d follow come ?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 7:51am On May 08, 2020
yinkaoke:
@blackbishop please help from ur wealth of experience, we changed d brain box of a Corolla 2006 but d car did not start, just rolling and d only brain box that started the car, when you put d car in drive it drags when u accelerate. Difficult to move but moves well in reverse.
Please what do u think may be d problem? It wasn't like this with d original brain box that came with d vehicle that got lost.

We v tried about 6 different brain box

Did they try to relearn the brain box with the the engine? You have to sync the brain box with the car to learn all the other values from other sensors..

What is wrong here is prolly your TCM and the new brain box not communicating.

B-Automobile Nigeria Limited
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by yinkaoke(f): 8:01am On May 08, 2020
They did the programing n it was with that, that the car moved. The car moved well on the day it was fixed for they were working on d body only for the 3rd day when it was started it started dragging on drive.
U know when u put a car in drive it most time will propel it self even before u accelerate but this one even with acceleration it's drags.

quote author=Blackbishop post=89310959]

Did they try to relearn the brain box with the the engine? You have to sync the brain box with the car to learn all the other values from other sensors..

B-Automobile Nigeria Limited[/quote]
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 8:25am On May 08, 2020
yinkaoke:
They did the programing n it was with that, that the car moved. The car moved well on the day it was fixed for they were working on d body only for the 3rd day when it was started it started dragging on drive.
U know when u put a car in drive it most time will propel it self even before u accelerate but this one even with acceleration it's drags.

quote author=Blackbishop post=89310959]

Some questions:

1) What's the engine capacity of your car?
2) What's the engine configuration of your car - I4 or V6?
3) Where was the initial ECU programming done?
4) Is your car auto or manual?

It may help, if you are able to get the original transpondered key to match any ECU you obtain for fitment. Some ECU's are not easy to programme, some are impossible. Posting the ECU part number, as well as your VIN could be helpful.

Do you know what State your car was originally sold in in the US?

Post your VIN and numbers on the ECU tried let me work on that

Or chat me up ma
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 2:54pm On May 08, 2020

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kassiny123(m): 10:12pm On May 09, 2020
Hi all,

I use camry 2003 (Big for nothing)

I'm seriously thinking of getting a toyota camry 2007 chasis so as to move engine and tyre components from my camry 2003.

Pls will this upgrade be possible?
Is it advisable? Will there be any regrets.

Pls gurus, ur candid opinion will be appreciated.
Cheers
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Carfreak966: 12:18pm On May 10, 2020
Kassiny123:
Hi all,

I use camry 2003 (Big for nothing)

I'm seriously thinking of getting a toyota camry 2007 chasis so as to move engine and tyre components from my camry 2003.

Pls will this upgrade be possible?
Is it advisable? Will there be any regrets.

Pls gurus, ur candid opinion will be appreciated.
Cheers

You want to use the body of a Camry muscle and put your 03 engine and tyre in it right? If I may get you correctly?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Carbuyer83: 2:48pm On May 10, 2020
Anyone with experience on Benz B200 (2008) Turbo? Planning to get one. Is it advisable?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 8:43pm On May 10, 2020
Carbuyer83:
Anyone with experience on Benz B200 (2008) Turbo? Planning to get one. Is it advisable?

It depends on what you want it for? But based stats it is highly reliable. Easy handling and excellent economy from my perspective.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 10, 2020
brothers pls what are the first things to check when buy fairly used tricycle (keke). and is 013000 for example a good mileage on keke for buying in fairly used ?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kassiny123(m): 10:55pm On May 10, 2020
Carfreak966:

You want to use the body of a Camry muscle and put your 03 engine and tyre in it right? If I may get you correctly?

Exactly.... I want to use the body of a camry muscle and put 03 (i4) engine and tyre in it.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by seanfer(m): 3:33am On May 11, 2020
Kassiny123:

Exactly.... I want to use the body of a camry muscle and put 03 (i4) engine and tyre in it.

It will end in tears.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Carbuyer83: 6:30am On May 11, 2020
Blackbishop:

It depends on what you want it for? But based stats it is highly reliable. Easy handling and excellent economy from my perspective.
Thanks.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kassiny123(m): 11:28am On May 11, 2020
seanfer:

It will end in tears.

Noted with thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by amaifehenry(m): 2:27pm On May 11, 2020
Hi everyone I just thought I should share this short video on how to change a flat tyre easily

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zp7XrlAHAQ

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by pooozeee(m): 6:49pm On May 16, 2020
I am wondering if I can get golf 6 car in Nigeria because I haven't seen it anywhere in car lot
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 8:59pm On May 16, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/5770914/mechanic-roundtable/3#89599765

More from the stable of B-Automobile Nigeria Limited
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 8:36am On May 17, 2020

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by iamauxin(m): 4:12pm On May 17, 2020
Can someone transport a purchased car from Lagos to South East in this lockdown period
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 5:38pm On May 17, 2020
iamauxin:
Can someone transport a purchased car from Lagos to South East in this lockdown period

Yes at a price
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by iamauxin(m): 7:40pm On May 17, 2020
Blackbishop:

Yes at a price
It's always at a price...
Is it different from the normal?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 8:25pm On May 17, 2020
iamauxin:

It's always at a price...
Is it different from the normal?

Yes with a lots of logistics now involved.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 7:25am On May 18, 2020
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 6:24am On May 19, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/5770914/mechanic-roundtable/3#89707193

Good day famz, we bring you more on engine rattling or tappet sounds and possible cause(s).
Click on the link to read more.
If you have more question or comments to give don't forget to message us.

Thanks

Do have a lovely day and remember to stay safe to stay alive

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by pweedyuz(f): 6:32am On May 19, 2020
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 8:07am On May 20, 2020
Power Steering Noise.

For most cars still on power steering pump, you need to read this. Most cars now comes with EPS Electronic Power Steering which eliminates the extra pulley for the belt and extra oil compartment.

https://www.nairaland.com/5770914/mechanic-roundtable/3#89746936

Follow the link to read more

EPS will be treated tomorrow.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by magikalz(m): 1:04pm On May 20, 2020
Please how much for Toyota Camry Muscle 2007 engine sump?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by conquerors(m): 2:02pm On May 20, 2020
Good afternoon everyone, please I am looking for a car either as high purchase or for weekly delivery. I am responsible and I have reliable guarantors. I base in abuja. 08108474426
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Tonytonero1: 8:08pm On May 20, 2020
Ikenna351:
Hi all,

I realised there is a need for us to have a thread where we can say it very loud. Hence, the creation of this room.

In this room, we can derail as much as we want, discuss off topics, etc.

But please, no derogatory words, sales, adverts, spams or posting. Other than these, fire on!

*Note that this room is not for posting our normal car issues and seeking solutions for them. We have the entire section, outside this room, for that.

Moderator.
Noted! btw, I have very neat Toyota Hilux for sale. Reach me @08137704419.
Help me share, something for you if you help me get a buyer.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Tonytonero1: 8:13pm On May 20, 2020
Hi Ikenna. Could you help me get a buyer for Toyota Hilux, pls. It's very sound, neat and affordable. Here's my contact@ 08137704419. Location: Enugu. I'd appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 10:44pm On May 20, 2020
PRE-IGNITION

The process of a gasoline engine coming to life involves 3 element namely
Gasoline
Air and
Spark
This three are required at a ratio and are measured to the desirable limit.

Read more on PRE-IGNITION by clicking on our link.

https://www.nairaland.com/5770914/mechanic-roundtable/3#89778819

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by thestyledare: 10:06am On May 21, 2020
bluzonite granite , a rare and mesmerizing stone with its distinctive blend of deep blues and striking patterns, has emerged as a coveted material for architectural marvels and interior design masterpieces.

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (226) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.