Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,047 members, 7,810,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (522246 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by twinskenny(m): 9:58pm On Jun 07, 2020
This light just came on today...: please what should I do? Am using Camry 06

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by oluwaseunla(m): 10:05pm On Jun 07, 2020
twinskenny:
This light just came on today...: please what should I do? Am using Camry 06

When next you service your car, reset the oil maintenance light.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by twinskenny(m): 10:34pm On Jun 07, 2020
oluwaseunla:

When next you service your car, reset the oil maintenance light.
thanks sir will do that
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 11:07pm On Jun 07, 2020
murphyonline:
pls is there any ACURA thread of car section? because my acura MDX 07 is also showing check your ADS on the dashboard and I don't know wt to do or where to hlgo and correct that.
You use an Acura MDX with sports package.
Your Active Damper System consists of its shocks/struts and a connection on the top of each strut.

Most times, these connections are prone to moisture build up which causes corrosion on these connections. Check all 4 shocks connections for moisture build up or corrosion. If none, use a digital multimeter, set to 20V and use to check for continuity along all the connection of the harnesses.

Also, your shocks/strut consists of moving parts and are ultimately prone to wear and tear, raise up your vehicle, remove tyre and inspect shocks and booths for oil stains or grease stains. I you notice any wetness, oil stains or grease stains on them, that's your culprit. You can either choose to replace with same ADS shocks (which are quite expensive by the way), or replace all shocks with the non ADS type shocks.

Cheers!
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ummnasreen: 6:02am On Jun 08, 2020
Hi, I am having a serious problem with my mazda premacy. I bought the car (foreign used) in February. It seems the car has a lot of rust in it, cos I've worked a lot to fix that. The mechanic wanted to change the plugs but they had rusted so he had to remove the top cylinder first before using heat to remove and change the plugs. The day after his work, someone went out with the car and in the process, experienced a crancking sound like a friction between metals... the person continued with the car, the car stopped and wouldn't move. That's the situation uptil now, the car has refused to start. He tried changing a sensor, but it's not picking. Please what could be the issue? Thank you.
nurey:

Your issues most definitely picks the theory of electrical communication breakdown.

DIY

1. open up the remote and replace the battery, looks like the security communication is in a on and off loop

2. Check the gear fluid if burnt or black that is a diagnosis to your problem, if not burnt did you replace recently and was the recommended fluid used or you just paid the mechanic and can't say? Any way just get the recommended fluid and replace make sure you paid for it or you are there when it is been done. If no improvement on gear after that let's move on

3. Your obd port isn't working, no communication stock communication, just like I said you have electrical communication issues evident that car starts in an abnormal way. Ensure the battery of the car is totally out then let them bring out the brain box and first trace the wiring, the unit can be opened by all this radionic and he can scrutinise the board for damage IC, diode, resistors etc. A sharp eyed radionic can pinpoint a faulty component. Most times this things just need a good heat to bring them back to life I don't know whether your radionic would have a rework station sha.

4. Next step is to check mazda forums for people who have gone through such issues and they can give you an heads up if you lucky, most won't have been fixed under warranty.

5. Probably you need a new ECU and wiring, definitely a pool of water that will get to the ECU and it's wiring component nah swimming pool be that except your driver ran 140mph into lots of water and the fans did the spraying to sensitive components but am guessing your alternator should have told that tale.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 9:36am On Jun 08, 2020
ummnasreen:
Hi, I am having a serious problem with my mazda premacy. I bought the car (foreign used) in February. It seems the car has a lot of rust in it, cos I've worked a lot to fix that. The mechanic wanted to change the plugs but they had rusted so he had to remove the top cylinder first before using heat to remove and change the plugs. The day after his work, someone went out with the car and in the process, experienced a crancking sound like a friction between metals... the person continued with the car, the car stopped and wouldn't move. That's the situation uptil now, the car has refused to start. He tried changing a sensor, but it's not picking. Please what could be the issue? Thank you.

physical inspection is the only diagnosis. metal fillings could have been lodged in engine when the plug was been removed.
he should first check the engine by moving the driving pulley if there is resistance engine has kpafuka, but if all is well next is to try spark/fuel/Air and see what is going on there.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by AutoElectNG: 10:05am On Jun 08, 2020
What says Car Talk?

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 10:31am On Jun 08, 2020
AutoElectNG:
What says Car Talk?
The life no balance. 4 men watching over a broken down car.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 08, 2020
kingreign:

The life no balance. 4 men watching over a broken down car.

That story get as e be. With flatbed tow trucks everywhere? Why leave it under the watch of policemen for days when it can be towed to a more safe place

3 Likes

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 10:44am On Jun 08, 2020
rationalmind:

That story get as e be. With flatbed tow trucks everywhere? Why leave it under the watch of policemen for days when it can be towed to a more safe place
Aswearigad
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by KingCassy(m): 9:06pm On Jun 08, 2020
Please who can refer me to the best Toyota mechanic in Enugu.. Or Toyota company... Pls guys
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by pweedyuz(f): 6:24am On Jun 09, 2020
if you ply mainland to island everyday
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by KingCassy(m): 8:19am On Jun 09, 2020
KingCassy:
Please who can refer me to the best Toyota mechanic in Enugu.. Or Toyota company... Pls guys

Still waiting guys
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Piston65(m): 9:30am On Jun 11, 2020
pweedyuz:
Please if you ply mainland to island everyday
Stadium, Surulere axis to Lekki every morning ...

Please come help me
I'm around barracks now
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Piston65(m): 9:32am On Jun 11, 2020
pweedyuz:
Please if you ply mainland to island everyday
Stadium, Surulere axis to Lekki every morning ...

Please come help me
What seem to be the problem
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by JasonAbass: 2:14am On Jun 12, 2020
Car people...how much is toyota 3S engine [for 96 Camry aka orobo]...I mean complete direct tokunbo engine. Mine just got knocked!
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 7:51am On Jun 12, 2020
Defective Injector Nozzles... Always service your O-Ring occasionally

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Samnofiu(m): 9:35am On Jun 12, 2020
Am a car dealers in Ibadan, please if u need any car please contact me on Whatsapp/call 08087110855.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Gbsy07(m): 10:26am On Jun 12, 2020
CALL THIS - 07055132543

Summary
Car is in good condition, Engine, Brakes, Gear selection, Cooling System and Electricals are in perfect condition
Slight issue with the Acceleration (when the car is moving from low speed)
Chassis needs to be looked at by Panel-beater to ensure drive is smooth and steering aligned
Shocks may requiring changing.
Body work can be worked on to suit your taste.

Interior
• No damage to the roof, seat, dashboard , door fittings or upholstery except regular use wear and tear
• Steering Wheel Controls in working condition

Exterior
• Boot, Bumpers and Bonnet has slight scratches or dents (view picture)
• Front Fender is slightly damaged/repainted

Transmission

• Gear select/shift working trouble free, however there’s a slight jerk when accelerating from low speed (Gear 1 to Gear 2)
• No past repair history of gear

Engine, AC & Electrical
• Radiator, Compressor, Wiring, Fan, Tie rod, Battery and Power Steering are fine

ONLY CALL IF YOU ARE SERIOUS!

Negotiable - N790k

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by pweedyuz(f): 8:35pm On Jun 12, 2020
Piston65:

What seem to be the problem
no problem
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 6:54am On Jun 13, 2020
Blackbishop:
Please, explain the bolded.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 12:56pm On Jun 13, 2020
kingreign:

Actually it is called TUNE UP Servicing, The tune-up should also include cleaning or replacing the spark plugs and, on older cars, the distributor cap and rotor. Tune-ups may also include replacement of the fuel filter, oxygen sensor, PCV valve, and spark plug wires, injector and nozzle.

The O-Ring is the rubber around the nozzles in a lay man terms... Any other thing you want to know

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by MOTIONTECH(m): 2:52am On Jun 14, 2020
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Damarababy1: 5:56am On Jun 14, 2020
Hi friends, please my toyota camry 2012modle is giving me a stiff steering. I called two different mechanic yet they cant resolve it. While the car is on motion , once the light pops up the steering is stiff. They have used different machines to check and each of it is detecting difference issues which the mechanics have collected money for it but the problem still persist ,, please i need help. Thanks. Who has experienced this and how best did you handle it??
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 7:35am On Jun 14, 2020
Damarababy1:
Hi friends, please my toyota camry 2012modle is giving me a stiff steering. I called two different mechanic yet they cant resolve it. While the car is on motion , once the light pops up the steering is stiff. They have used different machines to check and each of it is detecting difference issues which the mechanics have collected money for it but the problem still persist ,, please i need help. Thanks. Who has experienced this and how best did you handle it??

Boss you need to explain better. But from what I think I understand your car must be using an EPS - Electric Power Steering. So what are the codes the scan results are giving?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 7:38am On Jun 14, 2020
kingreign:

Boss I thought I did, the O-Ring also known as Toric Joint. O-ring is a gasket with a circular-looped design that's used to seal two working surfaces. The valve stems in automotive engines, for example, often use O-rings to prevent oil from entering the combustion chamber, sealing, and helps to keep pressure in fuel line or probably the injector system. Any other explanation again boss
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:05am On Jun 14, 2020
Interesting stuff
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by autologic: 10:42am On Jun 14, 2020
Blackbishop:
Apart from "servicing your o rings",referring to a fuel injector as "injector nozzles" is not professional at all for a modern tech.Fuel injector is simply injector no need to nozzle it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 11:36am On Jun 14, 2020
autologic:

Apart from "servicing your o rings",referring to a fuel injector as "injector nozzles" is not professional at all for a modern tech.Fuel injector is simply injector no need to nozzle it

If you read through sir, I purposely specify the word lay man term.

The other day I told someone on this forum to check starter motor, he said he didn't know I was referring to kick starter as they re always referred to.

Boss you and I understand terms but most people will see it as jargons or pride of the profession.

Thanks for the correction.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by michaeladetutu: 7:51pm On Jun 14, 2020
Hello, I really need your advice. I drive a Hyundai Elantra 2009. The car overheated after a repair guy fixed something in the gear. He removed all the water components to do all that and didn't top up enough water when I went to pick it up. Car overheats and the last thing that happened was bubbles coming from the inlet for topping water. A mechanic says the head gasket is blown and that he would have to change it and grind the cylinder head too because that's what they usually do to such cars. I'm a bit confused as to why he wants to grind the cylinder head.
Pls help

Blackbishop:

If you read through sir, I purposely specify the word lay man term.

The other day I told someone on this forum to check starter motor, he said he didn't know I was referring to kick starter as they re always referred to.

Boss you and I understand terms but most people will see it as jargons or pride of the profession.

Thanks for the correction.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 10:45pm On Jun 14, 2020
michaeladetutu:
Hello, I really need your advice. I drive a Hyundai Elantra 2009. The car overheated after a repair guy fixed something in the gear. He removed all the water components to do all that and didn't top up enough water when I went to pick it up. Car overheats and the last thing that happened was bubbles coming from the inlet for topping water. A mechanic says the head gasket is blown and that he would have to change it and grind the cylinder head too because that's what they usually do to such cars. I'm a bit confused as to why he wants to grind the cylinder head.
Pls help

Good day sir, first let me ask is your car dropping oil or preferably are you experiencing oil drop without any trace of it around the engine or floor?
And do you have smoke when you start the car in the morning?
If none of the above is present then you don't need to bother about the grinding. Just change the gasket and scrap the Cylinder head.. gbam...

But let our ogas in the house add to it, am still a learner

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.