Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,979 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (522262 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by samoinc10: 11:37pm On May 21, 2020
Please why is my Honda accord power steering going hard sometimes?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 6:51pm On May 22, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/5770914/mechanic-roundtable/3#89846644

Follow our link to learn more about bad or failing alternator.

B-Automobile Nigeria Limited

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 6:04am On May 24, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/5770914/mechanic-roundtable/3#89895479

Check for our new update at Mechanic Roundtable

We wish all our Muslim brothers and sisters
Eid Al Fitr

From B-Automobile Nigeria Limited

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by iamdyoung: 3:57pm On May 25, 2020
*Toyota stopped production of venza way back 2015.*

*The next venza will be produced come 2021*

*The prototype 2021 Toyota venza is a mixture of the compact RAV4 and the mid-size Highlander SUV*

*It is a hybrid car*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RwL6tTy5os
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Zane2point4(m): 5:05pm On May 25, 2020
samoinc10:
Start saving money for power steeeing pump grin
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by unikazzy(m): 7:34am On May 26, 2020
Contact us today for our services

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 1:51pm On May 26, 2020
Follow us on https://www.nairaland.com/5770914/mechanic-roundtable/4#89979143
To learn more

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:10pm On May 26, 2020
samoinc10:

Pump is failing, or there may be something wrong with the hose.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by WorriorPlus: 5:19pm On May 27, 2020
In USA, government car auctions are held because every day thousands of Americans default on their car loans or lease payments.

As a result their new, or almost new cars get repossessed or seized by financial institutions and auctioned off in a hurry because the cost of storing the cars outweighs the banks' ability to try to make the lost money back (same with police auctions, etc.).

Consequently, lucky people who have access to direct sources where these "Repo Cars" are being sold find themselves overwhelmed by dirt-cheap offers that look unbelievable to the average car buyer. This is real and is being taken advantage of by many car dealers as well as a very small number of public citizens.

The US Government also needs to sell its own vehicles after a certain time due to their policies and overall financial considerations.

You can get these cars by drop shipping.
The basic premise of drop shipping is that you (and many others like you) are acting as a distributed sales force for manufacturers and wholesalers who either cannot or do not wish to act as retailers.

You will become virtual distributors for them, while they handle the physical order fulfilment and shipping, only. As such, drop shipping is lucrative.

CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 6:04am On May 28, 2020
Anti-Theft

I want to share an experience with you, I was to supervise the changing of Windshield for a customer yesterday, Hyundai Sonata 2011 Model. I drove the car down to Ladipo, the process of changing started with no issues whatsoever, After about one hour the changing was over and was about to leave when the car refuses to come to live.

The coming to live was not just cranking, but the car refuses to to even show Dashboard light, the only thing working was the horn. I was thinking it was the battery and guess what with all the batteries, the car didn't bulge.

So I called the owner to explain and was expect a threat from him and all, but he was calm and even was trying to proffer solutions to it.
At the end I resolve to calling a programmer to reprogram the car security system after concluding the car actually went into locked down mode.

So the reason I putting this forward was because I want you all to learn and understand the work of your anti theft system, the car went into lock down mode just because it detects a break-in from the windshield changing.

Always I repeat make sure you remove the battery if you are performing any major work on cars that the system is hyper sensitive.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by herocz: 7:05am On May 28, 2020
What is Ocar Hitch?

This is when drivers who have the purpose of travelling ( Moving from point A, starting point, to point B, destination point)

and passengers who are willing to travel by hitch-hiking meet each other's needs through integration of the Opay platform resources.

Introducing Ocar Hitch, a mobile application that will enable you earn up to N10,000 weekly as you drive to work and back. We simply connect you to passengers going on the same route as you, you drop them off and get paid Instantly.

Join this exciting opportunity to become a driver partner by following the link. https://oride.freeride.operapay.com/#/preheat?update=2

Why spend from your salary to maintain your car?
When you can earn N10,000 weekly as you drive to work.
https://oride.freeride.operapay.com/#/preheat?update=2

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by abujaautodeals(m): 7:05pm On May 30, 2020
Pls!! my 2005 Corolla sport has been misbehaving for days now. When on motion, the car can just stop to accelerate and become very slow and it won't off. Immediately I put it on park, it will vibrate and later balance. If I try to put it back on drive and move it, it would still be slow. Now when I got to the rewire, he said its fuel pump, he has changed like 5 different pumps. The thing would work and later return to the way it was. Now he's advising me that, the car would need to be reprogrammed, how true could that be ? And what's your own view about that or what's the possible problems or solutions??
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by AutotekService: 9:53pm On May 30, 2020
Cuzz:
Can i get texaco dexron 3 atf oil here in Nigeria?
abujaautodeals:
Pls!! my 2005 Corolla sport has been misbehaving for days now. When on motion, the car can just stop to accelerate and become very slow and it won't off. Immediately I put it on park, it will vibrate and later balance. If I try to put it back on drive and move it, it would still be slow. Now when I got to the rewire, he said its fuel pump, he has changed like 5 different pumps. The thing would work and later return to the way it was. Now he's advising me that, the car would need to be reprogrammed, how true could that be ? And what's your own view about that or what's the possible problems or solutions??
if there is a change in performance when you change the fuel pump.it can never be programing .the fault must be around fuel supply system. check the two fuel filters ,njector servicing, and fuel line.pls scan the vehicle and let us see the code generated.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by aBrokeRichDude: 10:23pm On May 30, 2020
All the gurus/elders in d house i comot cap salute una 

I need advice...
I have not own a car before, however i plan to buy one for my Pman very soon... Possiblly an SUV due to ground clearance...bcus of d bad roads here (Portoporto Rd) .

With a budget of 1.5M-2M which car can i get...
Considering:
Maintenance
Fuel Efficiency
Durability/Reliability

Generally nr b d one wen go betray person for insyd erosion or portoporto. 

I knw d fundz too small...buh una knw say economy nor balance 

Thank u my gurus/elders

I also posted dis in *Car maintenance section*
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 11:36pm On May 30, 2020
aBrokeRichDude:
All the gurus/elders in d house i comot cap salute una 

I need advice...
I have not own a car before, however i plan to buy one for my Pman very soon... Possiblly an SUV due to ground clearance...bcus of d bad roads here (Portoporto Rd) .

With a budget of 1.5M-2M which car can i get...
Considering:
Maintenance
Fuel Efficiency
Durability/Reliability

Generally nr b d one wen go betray person for insyd erosion or portoporto. 

I knw d fundz too small...buh una knw say economy nor balance 

Thank u my gurus/elders

I also posted dis in *Car maintenance section*

Chat me up boss
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by unikazzy(m): 5:42am On May 31, 2020
Contact us today

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 6:53am On May 31, 2020
What does P0507 mean?

A customer brought his car (Hyundai Elantra 2008) for diagnosis, one of the fault code the car had was P0507.

The code goes this way; P0507 Idle Air Control System RPM Higher Than Expected.

This P0507 code is one that's sometimes triggered on vehicles that have electronic throttle control. That is, they don't have a regular throttle cable from the accelerator pedal to the engine. They rely on sensors and electronics to control the throttle.

Causes

A vacuum leak
Leaking air intake after the throttle body
EGR valve leaking vacuum
A faulty positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) valve
Damaged/failed/dirty throttle body
Failed EVAP system
Failed IAC (idle air controller) or faulty IAC circuits

Solutions

A proper diagnosis will be needed to know which of the causes triggered the fault code

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 6:57pm On May 31, 2020
For sale

Hyundai Elantra 2008
Naija Registered

The First body
Gear ok
Engine will need to be replaced
AC working fine

Call for Negotiation

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 8:24am On Jun 01, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/5770914/mechanic-roundtable/4#90183819

Learn more about the fault code on your cars, follow the link to learn more about vehicle speed sensor; meaning, causes, symptoms and solutions.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by cheras(m): 11:48pm On Jun 01, 2020
We are still in the business of phone verification Using a real US number
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kala11(m): 12:26am On Jun 03, 2020
Please house, I noticed the brake light of my 05 corolla showing on the dashboard without hanging the handbrake. After all checks, I discovered the brake oil short below the average level which I top, yet the light still showing. What could possibly be the cause of the braklight showing on my dashboard.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 7:00am On Jun 03, 2020
Hyundai Elantra 2008
Naija Registered

The First body
Gear ok
Engine will need to be replaced
AC working fine

Call for Negotiation

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ben404040: 8:15am On Jun 03, 2020
Kala11:
Please house, I noticed the brake light of my 05 corolla showing on the dashboard without hanging the handbrake. After all checks, I discovered the brake oil short below the average level which I top, yet the light still showing. What could possibly be the cause of the braklight showing on my dashboard.
check am again.
Are you sure all your back lights are working. Just asking oh.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Dowenship(m): 6:49pm On Jun 03, 2020
samoinc10:

check your power steering pump
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 7:26am On Jun 04, 2020
Good day everyone. What’s the name of this part?.
It’s located under the instrument cluster.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nonhuman(m): 11:05am On Jun 04, 2020
Good day boss
I appreciate your effort so far in this topic
I use a use a Hyundai Tucson 4plugs it developed a bad mileage since December I have been looking for solution
Right now it uses about 25L in 100km without AC the gauge is in kilometer . I do highway and street drive to arrive at this
No check engine light on dashboard
Cooling system is good
Alternator pulley rotates even when Ac is off
Fan is connected directly to the battery
Car does not smoke
Engine runs smoothly but little noisy around the timing Chain and pulleys
Please what can I do
Your input will highly be appreciated
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 6:26am On Jun 05, 2020
Fuel Pressure Regulator

All fuel-injected engines have fuel pressure regulators to maintain a regulated high-pressure level.
So, Fuel pressure regulators must keep the pressure constant; in order for all of the components of the fuel injection system to work properly.
And, If the pressure is out of this range then the vehicle will not run or will run inefficiently.

Read more by following the link below..

https://www.nairaland.com/5770914/mechanic-roundtable/5#90325674

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by DanteAutos(m): 3:36pm On Jun 05, 2020
Ikenna351:

So, how many cars have you bashed so far? Hehe!

Ikenna

No Doubt... It’s almost inevitable to not bash a car on the way to becoming an Expert

Wisdom is Profitable!

We Sell/Buy & Swap after Inspection
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by adonismuller(m): 9:28am On Jun 07, 2020
Hello good morning, I have a GS 300 that the power steering keeps seizing , after sometime it frees...what could be the cause ? I don’t think it’s the fuse cause I checked the fuse and they are all okay.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by murphyonline(m): 11:18am On Jun 07, 2020
pls is there any ACURA thread of car section? because my acura MDX 07 is also showing check your ADS on the dashboard and I don't know wt to do or where to hlgo and correct that.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 9:24pm On Jun 07, 2020
murphyonline:
pls is there any ACURA thread of car section? because my acura MDX 07 is also showing check your ADS on the dashboard and I don't know wt to do or where to hlgo and correct that.

Boss Check ADS mean Active Damper System.
And it is mostly the suspension coil that is the culprit here but thorough diagnosis to check if the sensor or harness is faulty can not be ruled out

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.