Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,989 members, 7,810,760 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (522230 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 6:55pm On Jul 26, 2020
MrFabs:
Please advise needed, Is there anyone using a Toyota AVALON 2003. I would like to know if it's a good car for an average income earner to use and fuel consumption? Is already on the sea heading to Lagos, Any advice on this car will highly appreciate. Thanks
If the answer you are after is if its good on fuel then what you should be looking at is if its 4 or 6 plugs, cos there is a massive difference, fuel economy and 6 plugs cannot be used in one sentence as an average earner

3 Likes

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Lordkobes: 7:33pm On Jul 28, 2020
Please do all cars have a common tierod and balljoint?

I use a chevy aveo 2010 hatchback model.any advise on recommendation as I have a bad tierod and theres need to change the balljoint.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nonhuman(m): 9:06pm On Jul 28, 2020
Do we have mechanics that can fix doge caliber and is the parts available in everywhere Nigeria
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kaybaba5(m): 10:21pm On Jul 28, 2020
I bot a naija used 2001 camry, over 3 months have been driving it. I notice that if I accelerate pas 40mph it will be vibrating secondly the fuel consumption is high. I took to mechanic they told me I will need wheel alignment.
I now asked the mechanic about my thermostat whether they have removed it he said yes. That the fan is connected directly to the battery. And the radiator is double cell. Am thinking to install thermostat so that to control the fan. Any implications?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 4:53am On Jul 29, 2020
nonhuman:
Do we have mechanics that can fix doge caliber and is the parts available in everywhere Nigeria

dodge caliber shares part with jeep compass, Mitsubishi outlander and Mitsubishi lancer of those years. Parts are interchangeable to a degree as they come from same platform. As for the engine, you will not get the 1.8 if you are buying strictly from US, you did get the 2.0 or 2.4L engine, but seems the world engine was only fitted in the caliber.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 4:55am On Jul 29, 2020
Kaybaba5:
I bot a naija used 2001 camry, over 3 months have been driving it. I notice that if I accelerate pas 40mph it will be vibrating secondly the fuel consumption is high. I took to mechanic they told me I will need wheel alignment.
I now asked the mechanic about my thermostat whether they have removed it he said yes. That the fan is connected directly to the battery. And the radiator is double cell. Am thinking to install thermostat so that to control the fan. Any implications?

Check your tires for contour then the vehicle undercarriage parts would require physical inspection to ascertain the cause
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kaze4blues(m): 5:08am On Jul 29, 2020
My car key remote stopped responding all of a sudden. I had to open the door by inserting the key.

I'm curious because it worked perfectly the last time.

What could be wrong?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kaybaba5(m): 6:16am On Jul 29, 2020
nurey:

Check your tires for contour then the vehicle undercarriage parts would require physical inspection to ascertain the cause
Wat abt connecting fan directly to d battery.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 6:54am On Jul 29, 2020
Kaybaba5:

check the gasket condition, there is a diy check for that your mechanic should have knowledge of it

buy new thermostat and fix, change the cooling liquid from water to coolant, fix your fan back to stock, do a test and monitor the cooling system. You are done.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kaybaba5(m): 9:22am On Jul 29, 2020
nurey:

check the gasket condition, there is a diy check for that your mechanic should have knowledge of it

buy new thermostat and fix, change the cooling liquid from water to coolant, fix your fan back to stock, do a test and monitor the cooling system. You are done.

thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by double3(m): 3:18pm On Jul 29, 2020
kaze4blues:
My car key remote stopped responding all of a sudden. I had to open the door by inserting the key.

What could be wrong?
Check Remote key battery,if that ain't the problem then ur car remote unlock module would need to be changed.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nonhuman(m): 5:34pm On Jul 29, 2020
kaze4blues:

What could be wrong?
that not a problem just go and buy the remote battery it doesn't cost more than 400 naira

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kaze4blues(m): 6:12pm On Jul 29, 2020
nonhuman:
that not a problem just go and buy the remote battery it doesn't cost more than 400 naira

Thanks. Tho the mechanic collected 1k for the battery.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Backupaccount: 6:17pm On Jul 29, 2020
Hello guys, I need answers to this

I’m thinking of selling my sienna so I can just buy a smaller car

How much do you think I can sell my Toyota Sienna 2002. Whats the price range.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 9:08pm On Jul 30, 2020
Kaybaba5:
it's called the death wobble.yoyr car has a dead bearing or stabilizer linkage in a short form you need to overhaul ur suspension.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 9:10pm On Jul 30, 2020
Kaybaba5:

Never ever so that.tou ain't wiser than the folks who done it that way.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 9:11pm On Jul 30, 2020
Lordkobes:
Please do all cars have a common tierod and balljoint?

I use a chevy aveo 2010 hatchback model.any advise on recommendation as I have a bad tierod and theres need to change the balljoint.
NO
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Samconcepts(m): 9:48pm On Jul 30, 2020
Gurus in house, please which is most preferred between Toyota corolla 05/06 model, 09 model and Toyota spider. I have the 3 in mind but somehow confused on which to go for. Please your opinion and possible reasons.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 9:37am On Jul 31, 2020
Samconcepts:
Gurus in house, please which is most preferred between Toyota corolla 05/06 model, 09 model and Toyota spider. I have the 3 in mind but somehow confused on which to go for. Please your opinion and possible reasons.
spider is bigger
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nymphomaniac(m): 12:09pm On Jul 31, 2020
Hi guys, my car Hyundai Accent 08 jerks crazily when I slow down and switch to gear one(it’s a manual transmission). I was told it is the engine seat that is loose and will need replacement. Can anyone help with the approximate cost price so I won’t be Kazeemed?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Legalaffairs(m): 10:23pm On Aug 01, 2020
Please I wish anybody can help me with this: My Honda CR-V 08 has been having serious issues with it's kick starter. This is the 4th time in less than six months it is having a kick issue. I suspect that something is wrong . I have discussed this with my car electrician on Wednesday I changed the same kick to trace what causes this recurrent kick issues. The kick I changed on Wednesday just failed again today�. Please I need experienced advise on this
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by mikegold777: 4:50am On Aug 02, 2020
ceysaga:
Well let me say something. I bought my camry in February and have been having cold feet driving it cos am just a beginner. But when I saw my pregnant sister inlaw who is about my age driving the same type of car with total ease, I vex jump into mine and started driving, short distances at first and mastery of reverse movement. I can say now that driving is fun. I dnt take the car to work cos of parking space but I jump into it every weekend and am loving it.

i have a camry for sale
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by unikazzy(m): 8:02am On Aug 02, 2020
CALL US TODAY

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nonhuman(m): 10:24pm On Aug 02, 2020
Please how much is Toyota rav4 2002 engine
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Snoopyjaga: 11:46pm On Aug 02, 2020
Please guys .. I am about buying a car , and I need you guys advice .. you guys with experience .. because this would be my first car .. I have a budget of about 4m , what is the best SUV to go for . As SUV is the best for this Nigeria road
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nonhuman(m): 9:29am On Aug 03, 2020
Snoopyjaga:
Please guys .. I am about buying a car , and I need you guys advice .. you guys with experience .. because this would be my first car .. I have a budget of about 4m , what is the best SUV to go for . As SUV is the best for this Nigeria road
your first car and you are starting with 4m, are you a yahoo boy
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Snoopyjaga: 9:43am On Aug 03, 2020
So how much you think is best budget for first cars , I came by this amount from long time savings and a help my partner ..
nonhuman:
your first car and you are starting with 4m, are you a yahoo boy
no I am not a Yahoo boy .
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by suco01(m): 2:53pm On Aug 03, 2020
Backupaccount:
Hello guys, I need answers to this

I’m thinking of selling my sienna so I can just buy a smaller car

How much do you think I can sell my Toyota Sienna 2002. Whats the price range.

Your contact and pics
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 3:47pm On Aug 03, 2020
Snoopyjaga:
So how much you think is best budget for first cars , I came by this amount from long time savings and a help my partner .. no I am not a Yahoo boy .

No amount is too much for a first time car buyer, nonhuman has been deranged by Nigerian mentality of buying old affordable cars.

if you want a sedan you should look at the 2013 upwards Honda Accord or the 2013 upwards Toyota Camry

For SUV probably your budget may not get it though 07-08 RX350 facelift or the 09 new gen 09 Rx, 08 upwards Toyota Highlander, if you like luxury and power 08 upwards Acura MDX
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Snoopyjaga: 6:22pm On Aug 03, 2020
nurey:

No amount is too much for a first time car buyer, nonhuman has been deranged by Nigerian mentality of buying old affordable cars.

if you want a sedan you should look at the 2013 upwards Honda Accord or the 2013 upwards Toyota Camry

For SUV probably your budget may not get it though 07-08 RX350 facelift or the 09 new gen 09 Rx, 08 upwards Toyota Highlander, if you like luxury and power 08 upwards Acura MDX

Thank you so much . Rx 350 is not a bad idea at all.. I have even been looking at USA auctions to get that .. because seems it's expensive here in Nigeria both Nigerian used self . What do you think about ZDX and BMW X6 ?. Those are SUV/CUVs too .
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 6:32pm On Aug 03, 2020
Snoopyjaga:

Thank you so much . Rx 350 is not a bad idea at all.. I have even been looking at USA auctions to get that .. because seems it's expensive here in Nigeria both Nigerian used self . What do you think about ZDX and BMW X6 ?. Those are SUV/CUVs too .

if I had 10million naira stashed away somewhere I would buy either of the two, since I have the dough to maintain them but you know what they say, if wishes were horses.

BMW X6 is a high maintenance vehicle best to buy as low mileage well maintained vehicle.

ZDX avoid the tech pack, high in maintenance but above all that SH-AWD gives any hardcore race enthusiast and erection when the foot is on the metal grin
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Snoopyjaga: 9:33pm On Aug 03, 2020
nurey:

if I had 10million naira stashed away somewhere I would buy either of the two, since I have the dough to maintain them but you know what they say, if wishes were horses.

BMW X6 is a high maintenance vehicle best to buy as low mileage well maintained vehicle.

ZDX avoid the tech pack, high in maintenance but above all that SH-AWD gives any hardcore race enthusiast and erection when the foot is on the metal grin

I just love how you guys give analysis of vehicles .. reafing things like this make my day ..
I'll try to get rx350 if I can
But if not . I'll settle for ZDX , because someone here told me his friend sold his land to repair his X6 .. cry
Or maybe Venza self

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.