Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (523937 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ibbkiddsx: 11:35pm On Jul 05, 2020
double3:

What have u been using in the past??

I just bought the car and I don't know what the former owner was using
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by double3(m): 9:47am On Jul 06, 2020
ibbkiddsx:

I just bought the car and I don't know what the former owner was using
Just to be on the safe side,I think u have to find out what grade the previous owner used and continue with that.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by mightykay(m): 4:43pm On Jul 07, 2020
I need a candid solution, my xttera 2000 doesn't engage reverse in the morning or when it is cool, but forward is OK, I ve change the transmission fluid but after awhile it returned to this abnormal what is the solution
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by double3(m): 5:23pm On Jul 07, 2020
mightykay:
I need a candid solution, my xttera 2000 doesn't engage reverse in the morning or when it is cool, but forward is OK, I ve change the transmission fluid but after awhile it returned to this abnormal what is the solution
Any improvement aftr the transmission fluid was replaced?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by hypernikao(m): 2:08pm On Jul 09, 2020
Good day house, I would like to raise my honda civic's ground clearance and the mechanic said I can either buy bigger rims and tyre, or he can help me increase the height kazeem style (which is cheaper according to him). What are the pros and cons of these different methods?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by melviniyke2002(m): 12:17am On Jul 10, 2020
hypernikao:
Good day house, I would like to raise my honda civic's ground clearance and the mechanic said I can either buy bigger rims and tyre, or he can help me increase the height kazeem style (which is cheaper according to him). What are the pros and cons of these different methods?
wots d current rim size n tyre
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 10, 2020
Good morning fellas!

How reliable, durable and fuel economy is Honda pilot 2006 - spare parts available? It's an American spec.

Thanks already.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kenob28(m): 1:51pm On Jul 10, 2020
lashemi:

Mazda,
Mitsubishi
Maserati
MOLUE grin grin grin
pls I need more clarification. who had used or is using 2009 2.7 engine Toyota highlander? is the vehicle in any way underpowered. I had compared the weight 1800kg I don't think is much different from the picnic 05 and previa. Pls i want to buy the 2.7 engine type but am hearing is underpowered when is full passengers. let me understand what they meant by underpowered: is it that won't run fast or what?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kenob28(m): 1:53pm On Jul 10, 2020
pls I need more clarification. who had used or is using 2009 2.7 engine Toyota highlander? is the vehicle in any way underpowered. I had compared the weight 1800kg I don't think is much different from the picnic 05 and previa. Pls i want to buy the 2.7 engine type but am hearing is underpowered when is full passengers. let me understand what they meant by underpowered: is it that won't run fast or what?
kenob28:
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by hypernikao(m): 7:44am On Jul 11, 2020
Don't know, but this is what i saw on the tyre: P205/55R1689H.
I think the rim is 16

melviniyke2002:
wots d current rim size n tyre
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by hypernikao(m): 7:47am On Jul 11, 2020
Also, I noticed that when I am turning my steering fully, it makes like a " rubber rubbing rubber sound" should I be worried?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by melviniyke2002(m): 8:30am On Jul 11, 2020
hypernikao:
Don't know, but this is what i saw on the tyre: P205/55R1689H.
I think the rim is 16

u didnt state ur car year...check d driver side door u wud see d manufacturer recommed'd tyre size n rim...
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by adebayo111: 6:52pm On Jul 11, 2020
how much can i get sienna 2000 transmission converter
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Hgold(m): 8:25pm On Jul 11, 2020
Good evening house, please how do I rectify a P0420 Toyota - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1 error code.

I just replaced the coils, spark plugs, air filter, and serviced the injectors.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 8:56am On Jul 12, 2020
I was in a high street in Southampton this morning,went I to my car to drive away to make my way to London this was what was in front of me one name for this

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by hapiaka: 4:33pm On Jul 12, 2020
Happy sunday,
pls Nairalander help me, i bought a Toyota Siena 02 less than 3 weeks ago.
when we bought the car we drove it down to ibadan, i gave it
To mechanic to fix brake pads, changes spring and chek the arms e.t.c
To a painter to do some touching so after like a week the battery was giving issues while we were still doing some finishing work on it. we will use another battery ti jump start it (starting it with another battery then put my own into me it), i realize my battery will not still start after running the car for about 20-30 mins.
so i bought another battery and things seems normal, went to rewire to, run a scan (ABS light is on dashborad since we got the car and the scan showed that the letf hand side of the front Tyre sensor was no tightened which was tightened and the light goes off) fix securtity lock (car Door lock), frod light.
After 2-3 days i left house drove for about 500meters and packed, when i moved again and had to pack after about 50 meter, i realize the engine did not start again it was cracking but not starting, so we put another battery and it started, meanwhile my new batterry is less down 2 weeks, so i called a re-wire to run a check with he siad i need to change the alternator which i gave him money to changed, and i droped my battery with a charger, so later in the day the re-wire brought the car, (his shop is about 3km to my house), i tried to start the car with the battery will use in the morning it was cracking as well as it could not start not until i put my newly charged battery. i did not pay the re-wire that i told him to let me test the car first which he agreed.
The second day i tested it, drove it about 2km packed if for hrs and it started thus i paid the re-wire all this happened on tuesday 7/7/2020,
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday i checked the car daily and it started (i will just start the car for about 2 mins and switched and go out with another car).
This morning been Sunday we used the car to church use AC, sound and drive for about 4-6 km to the church after 2hrs service i drove back home 4-6km again but on getting to my compound i realize the car radio was seizing which i did not bothered, so i packed and went inside only for me to come out 3hrs later to drive the car it began to crack again.
pls what is going on ? while will a car that started normal and i drove i drove for about 4-10 km today be cracking for low battery again.
@ kablooee
@ pek
@ siena
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 5:29pm On Jul 12, 2020
hapiaka:
Happy sunday,
pls Nairalander help me, i bought a Toyota Siena 02 less than 3 weeks ago.
when we bought the car we drove it down to ibadan, i gave it
To mechanic to fix brake pads, changes spring and chek the arms e.t.c
To a painter to do some touching so after like a week the battery was giving issues while we were still doing some finishing work on it. we will use another battery ti jump start it (starting it with another battery then put my own into me it), i realize my battery will not still start after running the car for about 20-30 mins.
so i bought another battery and things seems normal, went to rewire to, run a scan (ABS light is on dashborad since we got the car and the scan showed that the letf hand side of the front Tyre sensor was no tightened which was tightened and the light goes off) fix securtity lock (car Door lock), frod light.
After 2-3 days i left house drove for about 500meters and packed, when i moved again and had to pack after about 50 meter, i realize the engine did not start again it was cracking but not starting, so we put another battery and it started, meanwhile my new batterry is less down 2 weeks, so i called a re-wire to run a check with he siad i need to change the alternator which i gave him money to changed, and i droped my battery with a charger, so later in the day the re-wire brought the car, (his shop is about 3km to my house), i tried to start the car with the battery will use in the morning it was cracking as well as it could not start not until i put my newly charged battery. i did not pay the re-wire that i told him to let me test the car first which he agreed.
The second day i tested it, drove it about 2km packed if for hrs and it started thus i paid the re-wire all this happened on tuesday 7/7/2020,
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday i checked the car daily and it started (i will just start the car for about 2 mins and switched and go out with another car).
This morning been Sunday we used the car to church use AC, sound and drive for about 4-6 km to the church after 2hrs service i drove back home 4-6km again but on getting to my compound i realize the car radio was seizing which i did not bothered, so i packed and went inside only for me to come out 3hrs later to drive the car it began to crack again.
pls what is going on ? while will a car that started normal and i drove i drove for about 4-10 km today be cracking for low battery again.

I had this same issue recently and it was due to partial contact. tighten your battery head well, also check the alternator if it is charging the battery.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by hapiaka: 6:17pm On Jul 12, 2020
i already chance the alternator

nurey:

I had this same issue recently and it was due to partial contact. tighten your battery head well, also check the alternator if it is charging the battery.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 8:45pm On Jul 12, 2020
hapiaka:
i already chance the alternator

if you change your defective alternator to another defective alternator, how do you expect the battery to charge?

2 Likes

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 9:32pm On Jul 12, 2020
nurey:

if you change your defective alternator to another defective alternator, how do you expect the battery to charge?
This is where it should have been reconditioned
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by victoreyefia(m): 7:35am On Jul 14, 2020
Please how much is Honda civic 2006 power steering pump ?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by HumbleGold101: 2:24pm On Jul 15, 2020
Hello All !!
Name : Ajala Oluwadamilola

1. I just registered on Uber and Taxity as a Driver Partner
2. Please I am on the look-out for any individual (or corporate entity) willing to subscribe to a hire-purchase vehicle acquisition plan. The said vehicle I intend to use on the Uber/Taxify platform to generate the fund needed for full payment of the vehicle within the allotted and agreed time span.

I am willing to subscribe to a repayment plan spanning 24-30months. I will be remitting to my principal a minimum of N25, 000 and a maximum of N35, 000 weekly. Unfortunately, I do not have any equity contribution.
3. Location : Surulere Lagos Nigeria
4. Initial Deposit : None
5. Guarantor or Referee : YES
6. Weekly Payment : Between 25k - 35k....Never Done Uber/Taxify before so higher delivery may not be visible as people make it look like considering the state of Lagos roads(terrible), Hours in Traffic thereby limiting Output, Many drivers on the platform, Unforeseen Car Issues, the list is Endless. Better Safe than Sorry or telling Story.

7. Duration : 24 - 30 Months
8. Contact : Call 08136592028 or Whatsapp 08136592028 or leave your contact (mobile no or email) and I will reach out to you

9.Car Specification : Brand: A Toyota Camry or Corolla, Honda Civic or Hyundai Accent, Elantra or Sonata and also sedans from the Kia family. (other low- maintenance cost vehicles can be considered also). The vehicle would have been manufactured from 2007 upwards. The sport version of these vehicles would be ideal. It should be painted glossy Black or Silver with Alloy Rims. Leather upholstery would be very welcome.
10. I have been looking for a clean, mechanically sound and fairly priced direct tokunbo vehicle (Toyota Camry or Corolla, Honda, Hyundai and the like). I am sure we all understand why (fuel efficiency, low maintenance cost among others). The offers I have been getting are Naija used vehicles that may give me so much mechanical problems and we all know what this means (time lost at mechanic workshops which in turn informs poor revenue turnover which again occasions inability to meet up with payments thus leading to general frustration-something I can do without).

11.URGENTLY NEEDED and Ready to start immediately
12. If you are my Helper, Bless my Ministry. I am waiting for that call/message

God Bless You Sir/Ma
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Observer007(m): 7:02pm On Jul 15, 2020
HumbleGold101:
Hello All !!
Name : Ajala Oluwadamilola

1. I just registered on Uber and Taxity as a Driver Partner
2. Please I am on the look-out for any individual (or corporate entity) willing to subscribe to a hire-purchase vehicle acquisition plan. The said vehicle I intend to use on the Uber/Taxify platform to generate the fund needed for full payment of the vehicle within the allotted and agreed time span.

I am willing to subscribe to a repayment plan spanning 24-30months. I will be remitting to my principal a minimum of N25, 000 and a maximum of N35, 000 weekly. Unfortunately, I do not have any equity contribution.
3. Location : Surulere Lagos Nigeria
4. Initial Deposit : None
5. Guarantor or Referee : YES
6. Weekly Payment : Between 25k - 35k....Never Done Uber/Taxify before so higher delivery may not be visible as people make it look like considering the state of Lagos roads(terrible), Hours in Traffic thereby limiting Output, Many drivers on the platform, Unforeseen Car Issues, the list is Endless. Better Safe than Sorry or telling Story.

7. Duration : 24 - 30 Months
8. Contact : Call 08136592028 or Whatsapp 08136592028 or leave your contact (mobile no or email) and I will reach out to you

9.Car Specification : Brand: A Toyota Camry or Corolla, Honda Civic or Hyundai Accent, Elantra or Sonata and also sedans from the Kia family. (other low- maintenance cost vehicles can be considered also). The vehicle would have been manufactured from 2007 upwards. The sport version of these vehicles would be ideal. It should be painted glossy Black or Silver with Alloy Rims. Leather upholstery would be very welcome.
10. I have been looking for a clean, mechanically sound and fairly priced direct tokunbo vehicle (Toyota Camry or Corolla, Honda, Hyundai and the like). I am sure we all understand why (fuel efficiency, low maintenance cost among others). The offers I have been getting are Naija used vehicles that may give me so much mechanical problems and we all know what this means (time lost at mechanic workshops which in turn informs poor revenue turnover which again occasions inability to meet up with payments thus leading to general frustration-something I can do without).

11.URGENTLY NEEDED and Ready to start immediately
12. If you are my Helper, Bless my Ministry. I am waiting for that call/message

God Bless You Sir/Ma

Well, aren't you awesome? Best of luck bro.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Syvick4real: 8:13am On Jul 16, 2020
Hello All,

Please I am trying to get a car on OList... Please has someone bought or had any experience with them before

Kindly advise

Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by trifonov: 8:23am On Jul 16, 2020
Syvick4real:
Hello All,

Please I am trying to get a car on OList... Please has someone bought or had any experience with them before

Kindly advise

Thanks

There are a lot of scammers, stay away from it
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Johnsonkeyz2019: 1:22pm On Jul 17, 2020
Please I would like to ask will buying a catalyst converter for my V6 engine improve the fuel economy?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 17, 2020
Do y’all have a WhatsApp group where you post cars for sale?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 7:54pm On Jul 20, 2020
Johnsonkeyz2019:
Please I would like to ask will buying a catalyst converter for my V6 engine improve the fuel economy?
whats wrong with ur existing one?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Johnsonkeyz2019: 10:40pm On Jul 20, 2020
erico2k2:

whats wrong with ur existing one?

My mechanic said it's not there
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by hypernikao(m): 9:53am On Jul 21, 2020
Good day bosses... I drive a 2010 honda civic and I usually notice a clunking sound anytime I shift gears. I also noticed that when I press my brakes and release it, there is this springy sound that I hear. Lastly, when I turn my steering, I hear like a rubber rubbing rubber sound.

Heavenlybang
Kingreign
Nurey
Gazzuzz
Blackbishop
And all the experts in the house, make una help me out
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 10:05am On Jul 21, 2020
hypernikao:
Good day bosses... I drive a 2010 honda civic and I usually notice a clunking sound anytime I shift gears. I also noticed that when I press my brakes and release it, there is this springy sound that I hear. Lastly, when I turn my steering, I hear like a rubber rubbing rubber sound.

Heavenlybang
Kingreign
Nurey
Gazzuzz
Blackbishop
And all the experts in the house, make una help me out

Remote diagnosis not available, visit a competent technician.

Your location matters too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.