Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (523057 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by oluayebenz: 11:32pm On Aug 03, 2020
nonhuman:
your first car and you are starting with 4m, are you a yahoo boy

Typically Nigerian mentality......

Any first time car user that drive classy car is a Yahoo boy?

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nymphomaniac(m): 7:57am On Aug 05, 2020
Hi guys, my car has an issue with the transmission. The clutch is soft and when pressed, I won’t be able to engage gear. It happened about 4 weeks ago, the mechanic said it was because my clutch fluid was leaking and he changed the kits and then poured fresh oil. Yesterday it happened again...could it be something else or that initial fault wasn’t fixed properly ?

Now I understand why there was progression from manual tranny to automatic. I love manual though but this clutch stress is pissing me off

Cc nurey kingreign
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ayo2008: 1:25pm On Aug 05, 2020
Gurus kindly help out

I use a Honda Civic 03 automatic transmission

I noticed when the gear is engaged in drive it drags except when put on Reverse gear.

I ran a scan and this is the error

CVT speed change control valve malfunction.

What is the way out pls?
I was told that I should prepare to buy a new gear?

Await your response
Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Snakedoctor1: 9:30pm On Aug 05, 2020
Still cannot resist GL 450. Already bought something else due to advise but I may have to trade it in for GL 450.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Wyzz(m): 7:59am On Aug 06, 2020
[quote author=ayo2008 post=92483656]Gurus kindly help out

I use a Honda Civic 03 automatic transmission

I noticed when the gear is engaged in drive it drags except when put on Reverse gear.

I ran a scan and this is the error

CVT speed change control valve malfunction.

What is the way out pls?
I was told that I should prepare to buy a new gear?

Await your response

/quote/ You should have included the fault or error code. Anyway there is a solenoid at the back right corner of the engine. When the filter gets dirt or bad, the gear begins to malfunction.

Sir Eddy
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Wyzz(m): 8:05am On Aug 06, 2020
nymphomaniac:
Hi guys, my car has an issue with the transmission. The clutch is soft and when pressed, I won’t be able to engage gear. It happened about 4 weeks ago, the mechanic said it was because my clutch fluid was leaking and he changed the kits and then poured fresh oil. Yesterday it happened again...could it be something else or that initial fault wasn’t fixed properly ?

Now I understand why there was progression from manual tranny to automatic. I love manual though but this clutch stress is pissing me off

Cc nurey kingreign

Definitely, there is still a lickage somewhere or some elements in the clutch pod is bad. Put I still believe is licking still.

Sir Eddy
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Wyzz(m): 8:17am On Aug 06, 2020
erico2k2:

If the answer you are after is if its good on fuel then what you should be looking at is if its 4 or 6 plugs, cos there is a massive difference, fuel economy and 6 plugs cannot be used in one sentence as an average earner

Hmmmm. The difference is not as much as people thinks. It depends on what ever the user wants.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Wyzz(m): 8:19am On Aug 06, 2020
Lordkobes:
Please do all cars have a common tierod and balljoint?

I use a chevy aveo 2010 hatchback model.any advise on recommendation as I have a bad tierod and theres need to change the balljoint.

Sorry. The straight answer is no.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nymphomaniac(m): 9:34am On Aug 06, 2020
Wyzz:

Definitely, there is still a lickage somewhere or some elements in the clutch pod is bad. Put I still believe is licking still.

Sir Eddy
thank you. I was told I can put it in one before starting the car and manage it to the mechanics workshop...is that safe?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by mgdimagaladima(m): 4:52pm On Aug 06, 2020
my car is Mazda 626 200 model
my plugs die quick ,
they are black and I change them almost everyday
please what should be the caused?
and the fuel consumption is killing me
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by revived: 8:34pm On Aug 06, 2020
Snoopyjaga:

I just love how you guys give analysis of vehicles .. reafing things like this make my day ..
I'll try to get rx350 if I can
But if not . I'll settle for ZDX , because someone here told me his friend sold his land to repair his X6 .. cry
Or maybe Venza self

Don't Put yourself under pressure man

I started with 01 Toyota Camry
Now I use 010 matrix and 08 Highlander majorly for biz

Just buy Within your capacity and what you can easily maintain

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by madgoat(m): 12:11am On Aug 07, 2020
I want to raise my Honda Accord 2010 because its too low and the roads are bad in my locality. Is it advisable to raise it? Some people have told me not to raise it. Plz whats your suggestion?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by revived: 12:13am On Aug 07, 2020
madgoat:
I want to raise my Honda Accord 2010 because its too low and the roads are bad in my locality. Is it advisable to raise it? Some people have told me not to raise it. Plz whats your suggestion?

Going By My Own Consistent View of this model overtime , it's not fit for raising

But sir you shouldn't have gotten that for bad road, raising it will clearly disfigure the car though
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 6:50pm On Aug 07, 2020
Wyzz:

Hmmmm. The difference is not as much as people thinks. It depends on what ever the user wants.
The diff btw a 4 plug and a 6 plug is massive, very big, even the diff btw a 1.8 and 2 ltr Engine is massive
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nicholas4(m): 8:05pm On Aug 07, 2020
Good evening house. I have a very pressing issue.

Whenever I start my car in the morning and shift my gear to drive, the car doesn't accelerate well. The engine keeps revving but the car does not accelerate accordingly.

However, the issue revolves itself after driving for few minutes when the engine has become a bit hot.

Please what could be the cause.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 07, 2020
Hello house!
I am using 1998 BMW M3 coupe and my car at 3,500rpm runs at 100kph. What could be the cause?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kenob28(m): 11:43am On Aug 08, 2020
Can i get 2004 Nigeria used Toyota highlander 4 plugs at 500K?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ksmart027(m): 11:57am On Aug 08, 2020
kenob28:
Can i get 2004 Nigeria used Toyota highlander 4 plugs at 500K?
No, but you can get a horrible, severly bused, sleepless night, for that amount. And remember to put your mechanic number on a speed dial.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Wyzz(m): 5:05pm On Aug 08, 2020
erico2k2:

The diff btw a 4 plug and a 6 plug is massive, very big, even the diff btw a 1.8 and 2 ltr Engine is massive
Hmmmmm, in terms of fuel consumption....... Massive will not be the term I'll use.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Wyzz(m): 5:23pm On Aug 08, 2020
Nicholas4:

Whenever I start my car in the morning and shift my gear to drive, the car doesn't accelerate well. The engine keeps revving but the car does not accelerate accordingly.

However, the issue revolves itself after driving for few minutes when the engine has become a bit hot.

Good evening sir.
What car do u have. And do have you notice if it happens in the afternoon after a long time parked. cool
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Wyzz(m): 5:33pm On Aug 08, 2020
Legalaffairs:
Please I wish anybody can help me with this: My Honda CR-V 08 has been having serious issues with it's kick starter. This is the 4th time in less than six months it is having a kick issue. I suspect that something is wrong . I have discussed this with my car electrician on Wednesday I changed the same kick to trace what causes this recurrent kick issues. The kick I changed on Wednesday just failed again today�. Please I need experienced advise on this
Hmmmmm, did you changed the kick completely or have it worked on.
If u have always changed the kick starter, do you know the part(s) that kept getting bad on the kick. The will really help diagnose the fault.
Secondly was any work done on the car before this fault started.?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Wyzz(m): 5:39pm On Aug 08, 2020
mgdimagaladima:
please my plugs die quick ,
they are black and I change them almost everyday
please what should be the caused?
For better help, state your car name and model.
Changing spark plugs every day is something.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Wyzz(m): 5:42pm On Aug 08, 2020
nymphomaniac:
thank you. I was told I can put it in one before starting the car and manage it to the mechanics workshop...is that safe?
Hmm. Its possible but nothing is safe when done the wrong way.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 6:23pm On Aug 08, 2020
Nicholas4:

Scan ur car!
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 6:26pm On Aug 08, 2020
Wyzz:

Hmmmmm, in terms of fuel consumption....... Massive will not be the term I'll use.
would you compare the fuel consumption of a Toyota corolla 4 plug with jeep liberty of 6 plugs one is 1.8 the other is 3.7
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Lovelysexy: 6:55pm On Aug 08, 2020
Good day all,which make and model of a nigerian used SUV can I get for less than 750k considering the fact that we have very bad road network in nigeri
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nicholas4(m): 4:29am On Aug 09, 2020
Wyzz:

Good evening sir.
What car do u have. And do have you notice if it happens in the afternoon after a long time parked. cool
2004 Corolla. It happens in the afternoon but not as bad and it resolves itself quickly
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 6:15am On Aug 09, 2020
Nicholas4:

Is your transmission fluid up to the top mark on your transmission dipstick?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nicholas4(m): 9:46am On Aug 09, 2020
kingreign:

Is your transmission fluid up to the top mark on your transmission dipstick?
Good morning to you. Thank you for all the suggestions. The issue has been fixed.

Like you suggested, the problem was the gear transmission fluid. It was almost empty. My mechanic remove the old fluid, cleaned the system and added new gear transmission fluid.

The result was instant. My car is back to normal.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by mgdimagaladima(m): 12:15pm On Aug 09, 2020
Wyzz:
For better help, state your car name and model. Changing spark plugs every day is something.
.Mazda 626 2000 model
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Wyzz(m): 1:07pm On Aug 09, 2020
The best thing to do is to get a scan tool and scan your vehicle. But it could be a fuel filter problem or the transmission fluid is low.
Nicholas4:

2004 Corolla. It happens in the afternoon but not as bad and it resolves itself quickly
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by abolem369(m): 5:13pm On Aug 09, 2020
Can anything be done to a V6 engine that is consuming fuel?

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.