Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,317 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (523146 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Aghaclem67: 5:21pm On Oct 04, 2023
Please where can I find Lexus RX330 engine number? The police is disturbing me about that as my vehicle particulars do not have the engine number on them.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ayo221(m): 2:57pm On Oct 05, 2023
Honda EOD 2004 model for sale @ 800k.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by goodnewscliff(m): 5:38pm On Oct 05, 2023
Ayo221:
interior and engine pics
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by lexini: 2:26pm On Oct 06, 2023
Good afternoon guys

I got a good deal on a 2013 honda pilot ex-l (to be brought in myself)

Is this a good replacement for a 2008 highlander base?

are there are issues the honda pilot has?

Nurey
Kingreign
9ice
etc etc etc
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 3:01pm On Oct 06, 2023
lexini:
Good afternoon guys

I got a good deal on a 2013 honda pilot ex-l (to be brought in myself)

Is this a good replacement for a 2008 highlander base?

are there are issues the honda pilot has?
etc etc etc

The pilot 08 to 2015 came with the J35Z4 - VCM and the VCM it was equipped with is the VCM 2, you may have issues with VCM if engine isnt well cared for. If you can get the vehicle history good for you
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by lexini: 3:34pm On Oct 06, 2023
thanks boss

which vehicle history report is the most detailed?

autocheck, clearvin or carfax?

nurey:

The pilot 08 to 2015 came with the J35Z4 - VCM and the VCM it was equipped with is the VCM 2, you may have issues with VCM if engine isnt well cared for. If you can get the vehicle history good for you
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 3:51pm On Oct 06, 2023
lexini:
thanks boss

which vehicle history report is the most detailed?

autocheck, clearvin or carfax?

I only know of autocheck and Carfax any of the two will suffice
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by lexini: 4:25pm On Oct 06, 2023
I got car fax report.

Consistent vehicle servicing

No major repairs at all

Is there anything else I should look out for?

nurey:

I only know of autocheck and Carfax any of the two will suffice
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 5:07pm On Oct 06, 2023
lexini:
I got car fax report.

Consistent vehicle servicing

No major repairs at all

Is there anything else I should look out for?

Nothing else you are good to go
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by lexini: 6:01pm On Oct 06, 2023
thanks boss

nurey:

Nothing else you are good to go
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Itsrm(m): 8:02am On Oct 07, 2023
Aghaclem67:
Please where can I find Lexus RX330 engine number? The police is disturbing me about that as my vehicle particulars do not have the engine number on them.

What do you have on your vehicle papers? If Nil, Just get an affidavit that you couldn't find it.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Aghaclem67: 8:20pm On Oct 07, 2023
Thanks. I will do just that because I have checked and checked but couldn't find any.
Itsrm:

What do you have on your vehicle papers? If Nil, Just get an affidavit that you couldn't find it.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ReformerD: 9:43pm On Oct 11, 2023
changing the cylinder and the camshaft, I received the check engine error code P0605, which indicates an Internal Control Module Read Only Memory (ROM) Error. Since then, whenever I accelerate my car, the throttle stops working. I have to switch the car off and on again for it to return to normal. And the car RPM do fluentuate at idle too and the rewire and the mechanic seems not to know what to do about it

The car is kia optima 2013 gdi turbo
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ReformerD: 6:26pm On Oct 12, 2023
My Kia Optima Turbo GDI has recently developed a knocking sound. I took it to a mechanic for inspection, and it was confirmed that the filter leading to the cylinder was blocked. Consequently, I had the cylinder and camshaft replaced. However, since then, my car has not been functioning properly. It can't accelerate beyond 40, and I have to turn off the car and restart it to get it moving again. Additionally, if I go beyond 30, the car stops. The car has been scanned, and the turbo has been checked. I was told the turbo is okay, but the car still won't accelerate beyond that limit. This issue has persisted for the past week.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by SIRBAUTO(m): 5:01pm On Oct 13, 2023
olaboyeh:

are you sure your oil pump is work well...
Check your oil 🛢 pump and your oil switch
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Abdul111: 11:07pm On Oct 14, 2023
Hello house
Please I wanted to ask why AC fault is so common in Honda Civic 06-09. I’m trying to get one but I’ve noticed most of them have AC issue. Also, what are the general things to look out for when buying a Nigerian used Honda civic? I’m planning to take a mechanic with scanner though(I’m a car novice)
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jceesquare(m): 8:04am On Oct 15, 2023
Abdul111:
Hello house
Please I wanted to ask why AC fault is so common in Honda Civic 06-09. I’m trying to get one but I’ve noticed most of them have AC issue. Also, what are the general things to look out for when buying a Nigerian used Honda civic? I’m planning to take a mechanic with scanner though(I’m a car novice)
You've probably been checking ones with faulty AC's.
There are lots of things to check apart from just pulling scan codes when going for inspection.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Abdul111: 7:18pm On Oct 15, 2023
jceesquare:
You've probably been checking ones with faulty AC's.
There are lots of things to check apart from just pulling scan codes when going for inspection.
thanks boss
Can you pls list them out
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jceesquare(m): 6:55am On Oct 16, 2023
Abdul111:
thanks boss
Can you pls list them out
There's a thread for it on car talk.
Better still go with your mechanic for inspection.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by spacepsychiatri: 8:33am On Oct 16, 2023
Hey there, folks in the Car Talk Chat Room! I've been tinkering under the hood of my old clunker lately, and I could sure use some advice. It's making this weird clunking sound when I hit the gas, and it's got me scratching my head. Any of you experienced gearheads have a suggestion on what might be causing this ruckus? I'd appreciate any insights you can throw my way! Thanks a million. đźš—đź’¨
[https://spacepsychiatrist.com/car-accident-lawyer-near-me/]
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jceesquare(m): 2:10pm On Oct 16, 2023
spacepsychiatri:
Hey there, folks in the Car Talk Chat Room! I've been tinkering under the hood of my old clunker lately, and I could sure use some advice. It's making this weird clunking sound when I hit the gas, and it's got me scratching my head. Any of you experienced gearheads have a suggestion on what might be causing this ruckus? I'd appreciate any insights you can throw my way! Thanks a million. đźš—đź’¨
[https://spacepsychiatrist.com/car-accident-lawyer-near-me/]
Engine and transmission mount should be inspected.
Also check you inner CV axle to know if it's okay then replace
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Doris4ever(m): 8:47am On Oct 18, 2023
Good day everyone, please I need a car for rental to be use for (uber and bolt) to deliver weekly.

I’m ready to start work immediately.

If you are an intending investor/partner and you are willing to invest in uber/bolt business in Lagos

I’m very sincere and very careful in my endeavors.

I will handle your car with utmost care and you will have good return on your investment.

I am ready to pay weekly as agreed without any stories.

I will provide verifiable guarantor as needed.

I live in a gated compound, car security is guaranteed.

My location is Lagos

WhatsApp/call - 07025326910
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Doris4ever(m): 8:50am On Oct 18, 2023
Ayo221:

Good morning, can you put your car on Uber/bolt business. We can discuss and agree on weekly remittance.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by fbtowner(m): 8:01pm On Oct 18, 2023
Hi guys. Please I need some assistance. My 08 Accord kind of want to swerve off road if I brake @120km or above, if I try to slow down with brake it forcefully turn my steering making the car moving like it wants to leave the road. So if I’m @120 speed or above I will have to release the throttle then when the speeds drops to 100 I will then apply brake very slowly

I experienced this the very first time I traveled interstate with the car. And that was the only time I have traveled interstate with the car since I bought it

The only notable things I did to the car when I bought it are
1, change driver side shaft
2, change both ball joint
3, change tire from 225/50 R17 to 225/55 R17 for front and 235/55 R17 for back
4, raised the car with one black rubber

The mechanic said he will use one black rubber that will be added to the shock absorbers to raise it a little , after raising with that rubber a friend warned me that I won’t be able to travel with it because that rubber always have a bad effect when you are on high speed but he said I won’t notice anything if I’m driving around town. Now I don’t know if it’s the rubber or something else

The way it swerve is really scary especially when I am beside a trailer and I want to quickly slow down to let it go
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 4:31am On Oct 19, 2023
fbtowner:
Hi guys. Please I need some assistance. My 08 Accord kind of want to swerve off road if I brake @120km or above, if I try to slow down with brake it forcefully turn my steering making the car moving like it wants to leave the road. So if I’m @120 speed or above I will have to release the throttle then when the speeds drops to 100 I will then apply brake very slowly

I experienced this the very first time I traveled interstate with the car. And that was the only time I have traveled interstate with the car since I bought it

The only notable things I did to the car when I bought it are
1, change driver side shaft
2, change both ball joint
3, change tire from 225/50 R17 to 225/55 R17 for front and 235/55 R17 for back
4, raised the car with one black rubber

The mechanic said he will use one black rubber that will be added to the shock absorbers to raise it a little , after raising with that rubber a friend warned me that I won’t be able to travel with it because that rubber always have a bad effect when you are on high speed but he said I won’t notice anything if I’m driving around town. Now I don’t know if it’s the rubber or something else

The way it swerve is really scary especially when I am beside a trailer and I want to quickly slow down to let it go

You already know the problem of the car, left for you to make correction to save yourself from untimely death or accident

4 Likes

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by fbtowner(m): 7:50am On Oct 19, 2023
nurey:

You already know the problem of the car, left for you to make correction to save yourself from untimely death or accident

Thanks. I will do the needful asap. Please what’s a better way to raise the car?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 10:47am On Oct 19, 2023
fbtowner:

Thanks. I will do the needful asap. Please what’s a better way to raise the car?

Sell the accord and buy a CRV

4 Likes

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by fbtowner(m): 9:57am On Oct 21, 2023
nurey:

Sell the accord and buy a CRV

In this harsh economy cry it’s well. Thanks.

Please, what’s the recommended gear oil for the car. Accord 08 4 plug. I plan on changing it next week. Thank you
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 11:02am On Oct 21, 2023
fbtowner:

In this harsh economy cry it’s well. Thanks.

Please, what’s the recommended gear oil for the car. Accord 08 4 plug. I plan on changing it next week. Thank you

Honda DW1 fluid
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chukwuka12: 6:46pm On Nov 03, 2023
Good evening,

Pls I would appreciate your input, I currently use a Camry 2010.
Based on where I live my front pumper has been disfigured many times as it is low, and roads bad...

I was thinking of an upgrade to sometrhung high and above the ground, RX 350 will deal with with fuel.... I don't like a RAV4....

Which cost effective, petrol friend car will you recommend, that is a little high above the floor....

Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by McStaves: 4:00pm On Nov 05, 2023
People of God Abeg Make una help me o
My car developed one fault and i wanted to check if anyone has experienced and has an idea what it could be

Honda accord 2010

Na AC compressor i go do
After the man fix am, i go carry the car
I noticed on my way it wasn’t moving well and the gear wasn’t selecting well
(Note: i had not driven it much)
And was really entering reverse and drive with force like “ gbim”(a loud thud)
So i parked to check the gear oil because i know when they remove radiator some of the oil will leak
Lon and behold the dip stick didn’t have oil on it,
I sha bought a dextron 3 oil to top it up and drove home but it didn’t stop change much
The car was revving high and no selection or change in gear
But i didn’t speed
Was just going home jejely

Next morning i took it to gear guy and he settled down and opened it and said gear is gone and that fiber is burnt but i didn’t smell anything burnt
All i could smell was hot gear oil normally
He said he will try his best that it should work. He sha bought abro cleaner, he loosened some of the solenoid on the gear and cleaned it and fixed them
And Coupled everything
Lo and behold
We took it for a test drive and it worked ok

The issue came back again on my way home when i parked to get something
I wanted to reverse and it engaged but loudly and drive same thing and gear didn’t change
I called the guy, he now said i should disconnect battery head and connect it back after 5 minutes and check
Lo and behold it stopped and it drive smoothly and selected gears appropriately
But anytime i off car and i want to start it again and i don’t disconnect battery for few seconds and plug it back
The problem comes
But if i disconnect battery
It works fine until i of the car again..

I didn’t believe the burnt gear thing
When i called the gear guy back and told him i need to disconnect battery to always reset
He said i will buy gear and that it’s gone
But i don’t seem to buy this because i took it to someone else that does gear (mechanical) (first guy was gear electrician) the person said nothing burnt
And that if gear is truly burnt, and scattered as he said , why does it work when i disconnect battery and plug back?
That it’s probably something electrical
Although i go go scan am tomorrow sha
But has anyone experienced anything of such ??

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.