Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,478 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (523169 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ejikeme13: 5:53pm On Dec 13, 2023
My RX300 hard a fort it's so happened that I was driving and the car stoped moving all the gear light are showing the gear is shifting normal but the car is not moving please help

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by opt2: 3:23pm On Dec 15, 2023
Good day everyone pls i noticed water pouring from my car radiator plastic and small cut on it pls how much is new and is there a gum to plaster it. Corolla 2007.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by fashrola(m): 4:26pm On Dec 16, 2023
opt2:
Good day everyone pls i noticed water pouring from my car radiator plastic and small cut on it pls how much is new and is there a gum to plaster it. Corolla 2007.

Firstly, get a radiator cover ..... Because that plastic cover you are using is not doing any job at all, instead it's causing overheat to your engine.

Probably it's the reason your plastic cracked in the first place, because there’s no space for expansion to take place during heat exchange operation.

You can use A & B gum is sold in shops or hardware stores around you, but it’s a temporary solution

3 Likes

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Alexanderemman(m): 9:10am On Dec 17, 2023
Wow
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by tayo85: 1:45pm On Dec 17, 2023
Hello , I just got a scanner and scanned my car and got these 7 codes. Any help and direction is appreciated.
Nissan Xterra

1. P0430 - Catalyst System Efficiency below threshold Bank 2.

2. P0455 - Evaporative Emission system leak detected ( Large Leak )

3. P0037 - HO2S Heater Control Circuit low bank 1 sensor 2

4. P0327 - knock sensor 1 circuit low bank 1 or single sensor

5. P0328 - Knock Sensor 1 Circuit High Bank 1 or single sensor

6. P0128 - Coolant Thermostat

7. P0138 - O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage Bank 1 sensor 2
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by senetorjboss(m): 2:32pm On Dec 17, 2023
Pls i want to get this van front cover... Can anyone help out

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by thatthickgurl(f): 7:04am On Dec 23, 2023
Hi knowledgeable gurus

I have a question please.

Is the Jeep Patriot (MK74) a good car?

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by lolu84(m): 4:06am On Dec 24, 2023
My Toyota Corolla Tyre Pressure Monitoring System Light ion thee dashboard is showing since I replaced the tyres. What can I do to clear the light?

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by fashrola(m): 1:07pm On Dec 24, 2023
lolu84:
My Toyota Corolla Tyre Pressure Monitoring System Light ion thee dashboard is showing since I replaced the tyres. What can I do to clear the light?

The vulcanizer has tamper with the sensor, it happened to me when I changed my tires, He broke one of it and I’ve been driving with the light like that since it doesn’t affect my driving, maybe when I have time for it, I will order for new sensors

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Sea2Air: 8:54pm On Dec 27, 2023
Hello, i use a Peugeot 206 and i recently relocated to Akure, I'm looking for a reliable Peugeot mechanic you can recommend
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Lemos14: 5:35pm On Dec 28, 2023
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Adekush001: 11:11am On Jan 05
I had an accident i would like to know the cost of panel beating my car a Toyota camry 2.4

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by AlarmsAutos(m): 8:30am On Jan 07
lolu84:

There a tiny sensor at your car wheel that's malfunctioning, fix it quickly because it can cause more complex problem

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chuxmgc: 12:59pm On Jan 07
Please who sells car part here?
I need idle speed Air control valve for my Hyundai

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ibinaboonline: 1:11pm On Jan 07
Please o. How much for brake fluid flush for Honda Crosstour?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jceesquare(m): 4:22am On Jan 09
ibinaboonline:
Please o. How much for brake fluid flush for Honda Crosstour?
Around ± 30,000 depending on shop.

2 Likes

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Requestmechanic: 1:57pm On Jan 09
tayo85:
Hello , I just got a scanner and scanned my car and got these 7 codes. Any help and direction is appreciated.
Nissan Xterra

1. P0430 - Catalyst System Efficiency below threshold Bank 2.

2. P0455 - Evaporative Emission system leak detected ( Large Leak )

3. P0037 - HO2S Heater Control Circuit low bank 1 sensor 2

4. P0327 - knock sensor 1 circuit low bank 1 or single sensor

5. P0328 - Knock Sensor 1 Circuit High Bank 1 or single sensor

6. P0128 - Coolant Thermostat

7. P0138 - O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage Bank 1 sensor 2

If you're in Lagos contact roadside assistant by going to www.requestmechanic.com click the red circle "click on Request Now" button to get immediate assistance . Also enter your email to join the waitlist bar by clicking on join the the Wait list.

Hello! I understand that you're concerned about the seven trouble codes your Nissan Xterra scanner revealed. It's definitely not ideal to have that many issues flagged, but don't worry, I can help you get some direction.

Here's a breakdown of each code and what it might mean:

1. P0430 - Catalyst System Efficiency below threshold Bank 2: This indicates that the catalytic converter in Bank 2 (the passenger side exhaust bank) isn't working as efficiently as it should. This could be due to a faulty catalytic converter, oxygen sensor issues, or exhaust leaks.

2. P0455 - Evaporative Emission system leak detected ( Large Leak ): This means the system that traps and purges fuel vapors from the fuel tank has a significant leak. This can cause fuel smells, increased emissions, and potentially even affect your car's performance.

3. P0037 - HO2S Heater Control Circuit low bank 1 sensor 2: This code points to a problem with the heating element in the oxygen sensor located in Bank 1 (the driver's side exhaust bank), Sensor 2. A faulty heater element can slow down the sensor's response time, impacting fuel efficiency and emissions.

4. P0327 - Knock sensor 1 circuit low bank 1 or single sensor: This code suggests that the Knock Sensor 1 in Bank 1 isn't receiving enough voltage or has a malfunction. Knock sensors detect engine knocks (abnormal combustion) and help adjust engine timing to prevent engine damage. A faulty sensor can lead to engine performance issues and potentially damage the engine if not addressed.

5. P0328 - Knock Sensor 1 Circuit High Bank 1 or single sensor: This is the opposite of P0327, indicating that Knock Sensor 1 in Bank 1 is receiving too much voltage or has a malfunction. Similar to P0327, this can lead to engine performance issues and potential engine damage.

6. P0128 - Coolant Thermostat: This code indicates a problem with the engine coolant thermostat. A faulty thermostat can cause the engine to run too cold or too hot, impacting fuel efficiency, performance, and engine wear.

7. P0138 - O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage Bank 1 sensor 2: This code suggests that the oxygen sensor in Bank 1, Sensor 2 is sending a voltage signal that's higher than expected. This could be due to a sensor malfunction, exhaust leaks, or other issues affecting the air-fuel mixture.

Recommendations:

Don't ignore these codes! They're indicating potential problems with your car that could lead to further damage if left unaddressed.
Find a reputable mechanic: Take your Xterra to a qualified mechanic who can diagnose the specific issues causing these codes and recommend repairs.
Prioritize repairs: Some of these codes, like P0327 and P0328, can potentially damage your engine if not addressed quickly. Focus on fixing those first.
Get estimates: Ask the mechanic for estimates on the repairs before they start work. This will help you budget for the costs involved.
Consider DIY repairs: If you're mechanically inclined and comfortable working on your car, you might be able to tackle some of the simpler repairs yourself. However, proceed with caution and only attempt repairs you're confident in doing correctly

Than you as you do put in your mail on our waitlist 🙏

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Requestmechanic: 2:03pm On Jan 09
Ejikeme13:
My RX300 hard a fort it's so happened that I was driving and the car stoped moving all the gear light are showing the gear is shifting normal but the car is not moving please help

If you're in Lagos contact roadside assistant by going to www.requestmechanic.com click the red circle "click on Request Now" button to get immediate assistance . Also enter your email to join the waitlist bar by clicking on join the the Wait list.

I understand that your RX300 suddenly stopped moving while you were driving, despite the gear lights indicating normal shifting. This can be a concerning situation, and I can help you troubleshoot the issue.

Here are some possible causes and things you can try:

Transmission issues:

Low transmission fluid: Check the transmission fluid level and condition. Low or dirty fluid can prevent proper power transfer.
Internal transmission problems: Faulty solenoids, clutch discs, or torque converter can cause the car not to move despite gear changes.
Other mechanical issues:

Brakes dragging: Check if the brakes are sticking or dragging, preventing the wheels from turning freely.
Drivetrain failure: Issues with the driveshaft, axles, or differentials can cause power loss.
Electrical issues:

Sensor malfunction: A faulty speed sensor or throttle position sensor can confuse the ECU and prevent proper engagement.
Electrical short circuit: A short circuit can disrupt the electrical system and affect transmission operation.

Thank you as you put in your mail on our waitlist 🙏

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ibinaboonline: 3:44pm On Jan 09
Thank you.
jceesquare:

Around ± 30,000 depending on shop.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by martins946: 6:25pm On Jan 25
Good evening team. Pls my Honda city 07 is having Gear selecting issues and when scanned it brought out this code P1887. Pls what can I do to solve this problem. Thanks.
(Modify
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Penboy: 10:38am On Jan 26
Hello guys..
Please between buying a new shocks absorber for my Camry 2006 or a Tokunbo, which is better?

And two, what's the price of the shocks in the market please?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by aboyaji(m): 2:35am On Jan 31
Between 2013 Toyota Camry and 2015 Corolla, which would you go for in today's Nigeria as a personal ride?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by lovinhubby2wife(m): 2:42pm On Feb 05
why is my car kind of bouncing a bit, it started a week ago, so I had all four tyres replaced, I bought new front shocks last year november, the back shocks are not in great shape, the oil has leaked from both back shocks, however they still function well.
I doubt if the back shocks could be the culprit. My mechanic say him go fix am make I bring 80k to work on the back legs and shocks, but all my bearings and all are still brand new.

What could be the reason? Like i can feel every single bump and every sligtest change in road texture. It just started a week ago

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jceesquare(m): 4:05am On Feb 06
lovinhubby2wife:
why is my car kind of bouncing a bit, it started a week ago, so I had all four tyres replaced, I bought new front shocks last year november, the back shocks are not in great shape, the oil has leaked from both back shocks, however they still function well.
I doubt if the back shocks could be the culprit. My mechanic say him go fix am make I bring 80k to work on the back legs and shocks, but all my bearings and all are still brand new.

What could be the reason? Like i can feel every single bump and every sligtest change in road texture. It just started a week ago
Your shocks are bad.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by aboyaji(m): 3:46pm On Feb 06
aboyaji:
Between 2013 Toyota Camry and 2015 Corolla, which would you go for in today's Nigeria as a personal ride?

Please attend to this, sirs.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by andeemoore: 10:11am On Feb 11
Asking price: 1.5m
Slicely Negotiable
Make: Suzuki Every
Model- 2001
Colour- yellow
Gear box- working perfectly
Engine: working perfectly
Servicing: chain Adjustment

Call/whatsapp zero eight one three two zero nine eight five zero four….

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by blackgold2018(m): 8:57am On Feb 16
Please can someone tell me the difference between Camry 07 and 09

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 12:17pm On Feb 17
blackgold2018:
Please can someone tell me the difference between Camry 07 and 09

One rolled out of the factory in 2007, the other rolled out of the factory in 2009. Basically they are the same, engine, body and features.

2 Likes

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nemzy(f): 9:12am On Feb 18
Hello,
Please my Rav4 engine goes off when I'm not accelerating or in park. I would have to turn it off completely and start it again to get it moving. The mechanic said it was fuel pump and changed the pump and filter and the problem stopped for like a week but it has now started again.
He scanned it and nothing was detected.
What could be causing this issue and how can I fix it?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by cletz991(m): 9:52am On Feb 18
Goodmorning I need a good technician for car inspection in Agbor Delta state.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by richforever123: 12:44pm On Mar 02
Subject: Issues with My Car - Need Diagnosis and Repair

Car Type: 2007 Toyota Camry, 4 Plug Engine

I am reaching out regarding some concerning issues I've been experiencing with my car recently. I believe there may be multiple underlying problems contributing to its current state, and I would greatly appreciate your expertise in diagnosing and addressing these issues.

Here are the symptoms I've observed:

Reduced Coolant: The coolant seems to be drying off as I constantly need to refill and there is no visible leak

White Smoke: White smoke comes out of the exhaust

After driving for some time, the coolant in the reservoir tank starts to 'boil' and pour out, I am aware that is due to air entering the coolant

I bringing this here because the first mechanic I called adviced to change the Engine Gasket which required me to re-surface the engine, the Gasket was changed but the issue still persists

The second mechanic I got was quoting 300,000 for me (almost the cost of a new engine)

Given these symptoms, I understand that pinpointing the exact cause of the issues may require a comprehensive inspection and diagnostic process. However, can someone here point me in the right direction on where I need to focus on?

Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Abbeyismo(m): 8:50pm On Mar 02
richforever123:
Subject: Issues with My Car - Need Diagnosis and Repair

Car Type: 2007 Toyota Camry, 4 Plug Engine

I am reaching out regarding some concerning issues I've been experiencing with my car recently. I believe there may be multiple underlying problems contributing to its current state, and I would greatly appreciate your expertise in diagnosing and addressing these issues.
With what you have just explain now you will need to replace the top cylinder and resurface the block engine.
But still need to have the block engine inspected for cracks but best to do is replace the top cylinder the issue will stop.

Here are the symptoms I've observed:

Reduced Coolant: The coolant seems to be drying off as I constantly need to refill and there is no visible leak

White Smoke: White smoke comes out of the exhaust

After driving for some time, the coolant in the reservoir tank starts to 'boil' and pour out, I am aware that is due to air entering the coolant

I bringing this here because the first mechanic I called adviced to change the Engine Gasket which required me to re-surface the engine, the Gasket was changed but the issue still persists

The second mechanic I got was quoting 300,000 for me (almost the cost of a new engine)

Given these symptoms, I understand that pinpointing the exact cause of the issues may require a comprehensive inspection and diagnostic process. However, can someone here point me in the right direction on where I need to focus on?

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.