Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (522309 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Handsome1: 12:15am On Nov 12, 2023
DMechyy:

Car importation is capital intensive. It will tie your money down most of the time.

The best and safer route is if you get people to pay part payment for a vehicle of their choice before importing. Of course, there is a wait period.

If you really want to go into it, start with flipping Nigerian used cars, buy cheap. Some are with bad engines with great body, or people who just want to upgrade their vehicles.

The idea is to buy cheap, fix, and sell at a decent amount, of course you can, coz you bought cheap.

If you don't know anything about car repairs,
You might just be bringing business to your mechanic and making little profit with a lot of headache.

Whatever business you are into now, that has made you enough money to want to venture into car importation, I will rather you do more of that.
Getting in a business you know little about is a recipe for village peoples hands
Thank you so much for your reply
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Hondajosh: 12:14am On Nov 14, 2023
Abdul111:
Hello house
Please I wanted to ask why AC fault is so common in Honda Civic 06-09. I’m trying to get one but I’ve noticed most of them have AC issue. Also, what are the general things to look out for when buying a Nigerian used Honda civic? I’m planning to take a mechanic with scanner though(I’m a car novice)

The honda civic has no records or history of having ac issues.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ad4utocar3uk: 5:31am On Nov 14, 2023
Andrew Dodds Autocare is your local Ayrshire car garage that offers high-quality services and products, no matter your needs. Our team will conduct a full inspection of your vehicle and thoroughly explain any work that needs to be carried out. We offer all kinds of tyres (premium, mid-range and economy), air con recharge, alternators, brakes, clutches, MOTs, services, timing belts, water pumps and much more. https://www.adautocare.co.uk/
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by teeboi0505: 9:40pm On Nov 16, 2023
Good Evening all,

Thanks for the good work being done on this thread.
I bought a new 75aH battery for my Nissan Xterra SUV 2001 3 months and half ago.
For more than a months now, I noticed whitish particles on the positive and negative terminals of the battery.
I usually clean the particles and the car will start after some 10 , 15 or even 30 minutes but the same cycle has been repeating itself over and over again.
At times the car will go off when I drive for 60- 90 minutes and i will have to clean the whitish particles before it will start again.
The check battery/low battery light also come on repeatedly.

I am tired of all this.

(1) Please What should I do?
(2) I want to service my car. Which type of engine oil should I buy?

Thanks

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 9:51pm On Nov 16, 2023
teeboi0505:
Good Evening all,

I bought a new 75aH battery for my Nissan Xterra SUV 2001 3 months and half ago.
For more than a months now, I noticed whitish particles on the positive and negative terminals of the battery.
I usually clean the particles and the car will start after some 10 , 15 or even 30 minutes but the same cycle has been repeating itself over and over again.
At times the car will go off when I drive for 60- 90 minutes and i will have to clean the whitish particles before it will start again.

I am tired of all this.

Thanks

Wash with detergent and water, then apply copious amounts of grease or Vaseline to the battery post and wiring terminals.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jceesquare(m): 4:20am On Nov 17, 2023
teeboi0505:
Good Evening all,

I am tired of all this.

Thanks
You most likely have a leak on the battery terminals. Fix the leak, then apply grease on the terminals and you should be good.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by KOMBE: 6:03am On Nov 17, 2023
teeboi0505:
Good Evening all,

I am tired of all this.

Thanks

The recommended engine oil is clearly written on the cover where you pour the oil. Open the bonnet and check.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by teeboi0505: 10:15am On Nov 17, 2023
kingreign:

Wash with detergent and water, then apply copious amounts of grease or Vaseline to the battery post and wiring terminals.

Thank you so much.

I tried it and it worked

2 Likes

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by teeboi0505: 10:16am On Nov 17, 2023
Thanks and God bless you.

jceesquare:

You most likely have a leak on the battery terminals. Fix the leak, then apply grease on the terminals and you should be good.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by teeboi0505: 10:16am On Nov 17, 2023
Thanks so much.
KOMBE:

The recommended engine oil is clearly written on the cover where you pour the oil. Open the bonnet and check.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Androidking: 12:00pm On Nov 21, 2023
So I checked out Honda CrV 2007 everything is good except the underneath, it's oily , and I think it's gear oil leaking, even when the car is off, the oil is still dropping small small , or it could be the AC water , I want to know if the AC water drop is around the driver side or passenger side ,

Secondly when selecting gear , it's not smooth , like I can feel the shift , instead of shifting swiftly , is it normal for crv or is that something I should be worried for .before buying

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Androidking: 12:04pm On Nov 21, 2023
This is where the oil is leaking from please turn your phone upside down to understand the pix

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Comfit196: 6:13pm On Nov 21, 2023
Lagos Based Only.
Interested persons should send a Whatsapp message to the number on the flier.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by uncleck: 8:58pm On Nov 28, 2023
Good evening gurus. Please what could be the problem with my 05 Honda Civic? It jerks while driving. Sometimes it looses power that I'll have to turn off the engine and restart it again. It doesn't show any error code when scanned. I've changed fuel pump, injector mouth, 02 sensor, nuzzles, ignition coil and spark plugs still the problem persist. What else should I do??
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Aghaclem67: 3:40pm On Dec 02, 2023
Please Nairalanders, how much for Toyota Corolla 2008 Model Belgium ECU.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dicksonadams(m): 10:30am On Dec 04, 2023
uncleck:
Good evening gurus. Please what could be the problem with my 05 Honda Civic? It jerks while driving. Sometimes it looses power that I'll have to turn off the engine and restart it again. It doesn't show any error code when scanned. I've changed fuel pump, injector mouth, 02 sensor, nuzzles, ignition coil and spark plugs still the problem persist. What else should I do??
I would have said fuel pump, but since you have changed it, I will say just go ahead to have a pro technician scan and read live data and then fix
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jceesquare(m): 1:29pm On Dec 04, 2023
uncleck:
You can't have those issues and not have a registered fault code.
Kindly take your car to a good shop for proper diagnosis.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ibinaboonline: 1:45pm On Dec 04, 2023
Do you have a 2010 Toyota Sienna/ How much do you spend on repairs and maintenance (including fueling) per year? Even if yours isn't exactly 2010, any second generation model between 2004 and 2010 will do.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ModJ1(m): 8:26am On Dec 05, 2023
Good day house, please my tokunbo bought Honda pilot 2011 has this check engine light on with quote "check emission system". When scanned this codes popped up P0135
P0141
P2184
P0430 Oxygen sensors and catalyst .... I don't if cleaning it will solve the issue..... I stay in Ikeja
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by africanman85: 7:24pm On Dec 05, 2023
jceesquare:

You can't have those issues and not have a registered fault code.
Kindly take your car to a good shop for proper diagnosis.
Good evening house, I changed my nissan Almera clutch plate but I noticed anytime I put it on gear, the car vibrates b4 it moves. It was not doing like that b4 I change d clutch plate. What could be d problem ?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by opt2: 7:39pm On Dec 05, 2023
Good day pls i just got a Corolla 2007 and the check engine light is on and when i scan it brings code p0031. Oxygen sensor controll heater low . Pls what can be done. Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jceesquare(m): 8:10am On Dec 06, 2023
africanman85:
Good evening house, I changed my nissan Almera clutch plate but I noticed anytime I put it on gear, the car vibrates b4 it moves. It was not doing like that b4 I change d clutch plate. What could be d problem ?
The job was not properly done.
Kindly take it to a qualified technician to rectify.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jceesquare(m): 8:11am On Dec 06, 2023
opt2:
Good day pls i just got a Corolla 2007 and the check engine light is on and when i scan it brings code p0031. Oxygen sensor controll heater low . Pls what can be done. Thanks
Replace sensor
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by teb0stat1nrv: 8:43am On Dec 06, 2023
Tebo Station RV Resort is the perfect place for short and long-term stays. Our location along the I-20 corridor makes for the perfect location for those traveling Texas or if you are working in the oilfield, the wind industry or for other businesses looking to lodge their employees. At Tebo station, we are dedicated to providing our guests or your workforce, with a clean, comfortable and safe environment.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nemzy(f): 7:23am On Dec 08, 2023
Hello guys,
What SUV car would you advise for a first time female driver to get. The car would be driven to work and back and church on Sundays all within gbagada and Ikeja environs.
Budget is 4-5m
Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by MeGt: 10:27pm On Dec 08, 2023
Hey guys. Want to paint my car - 2009 Kia Optima.

Anything I should take note of? What should be my budget? Location is Abuja pls
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by codemaster2much: 10:45pm On Dec 08, 2023
Nemzy:
Hello guys,
What SUV car would you advise for a first time female driver to get. The car would be driven to work and back and church on Sundays all within gbagada and Ikeja environs.
Budget is 4-5m
Thanks

Honda crv 2008
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GentleChocho: 1:45am On Dec 10, 2023
Good morning everyone
Please I need assistance in getting a good and experienced Peugeot engineer,/ mechanic.
Any suggestion will be much appreciated.
Do have a good day ahead
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Comfit196: 1:05pm On Dec 11, 2023
Dear Applicants,

We hope this message finds you well and ready to embrace the joyous spirit of the festive season. At Moove, we are excited to share some great news with you!💃🥳

We are thrilled to announce a special festive season offer. We are reducing the security deposit required for owning a Moove vehicle from N50,000 to N30,000! This exclusive offer is active throughout the festive season, and we encourage you to take full advantage of it while it lasts.

Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity to own a Moove vehicle with a reduced security deposit. If you have any questions or need assistance, our customer support team is here to help.

Regards
The Moove Team

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Zuby2fyn: 2:29pm On Dec 11, 2023
Hi Nairalanders, please I need a honest advice from a professional on a good car for a starter (male) with classy design, easy maintenance and most importantly fuel economical. Budget between 2-3k usd (not in a hurry)
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Adejunwonlo94: 9:51pm On Dec 11, 2023
Please guys, where can I get a good and not so expensive OBD scanner?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by oluwaseyi0: 3:11pm On Dec 13, 2023
please guys like how much should I budget for Lexus RX 330 2004

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.