Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (522251 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Felakezman(m): 4:28pm On Mar 03
Good evening all..pls how much can i get this sensor and who sells for toyota camry 03 4plug

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Abbeyismo(m): 5:54pm On Mar 03
Felakezman:
Good evening all..pls how much can i get this sensor and who sells for toyota camry 03 4plug
Around 10k ocv sensor
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Felakezman(m): 6:01pm On Mar 03
Abbeyismo:

Around 10k ocv sensor

Do you have a seller
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Abbeyismo(m): 6:10pm On Mar 03
Felakezman:

Do you have a seller
Yes i can help u get it and send to you.
Are u in lagos?
Where in lagos?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jceesquare(m): 6:16pm On Mar 03
richforever123:
Subject: Issues with My Car - Need Diagnosis and Repair

Car Type: 2007 Toyota Camry, 4 Plug Engine

I am reaching out regarding some concerning issues I've been experiencing with my car recently. I believe there may be multiple underlying problems contributing to its current state, and I would greatly appreciate your expertise in diagnosing and addressing these issues.

Here are the symptoms I've observed:

Reduced Coolant: The coolant seems to be drying off as I constantly need to refill and there is no visible leak

White Smoke: White smoke comes out of the exhaust

After driving for some time, the coolant in the reservoir tank starts to 'boil' and pour out, I am aware that is due to air entering the coolant

I bringing this here because the first mechanic I called adviced to change the Engine Gasket which required me to re-surface the engine, the Gasket was changed but the issue still persists

The second mechanic I got was quoting 300,000 for me (almost the cost of a new engine)

Given these symptoms, I understand that pinpointing the exact cause of the issues may require a comprehensive inspection and diagnostic process. However, can someone here point me in the right direction on where I need to focus on?

Thank you for your attention to this matter.
1st repair was done by a quack.
Remote diagnosis would be difficult. But as you rightly pointed out, you have combustion gases going into the cooling system and that explains the white smoke and coolant boiling over.
You'll need a professional to diagnose and repair the car for you as remote diagnosis would be impossible considering the fact that the engine had been opened before.
Kindly call 07089030689 if you need further assistance.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Felakezman(m): 6:17pm On Mar 03
Abbeyismo:

Yes i can help u get it and send to you.
Are u in lagos?
Where in lagos?

Yes abule egba
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Abbeyismo(m): 6:23pm On Mar 03
Felakezman:

Yes abule egba
Wow that,my area too
08139539942 whatapp
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Harbewilliams(m): 11:51pm On Mar 05
My name is Abiodun, I run an online Auto shop (harbewilliams AUTO) reg. We will like to partner with you on the sales of your car, through our online sales mechanism, we will help you to get a quick and accurate deal that will be of great deal for all partners.

https:///message/O42S72HMARD6N1

buy
sales
distress sales
car swap
sales partnership
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by udy4real(m): 3:29am On Mar 10
Good day pros in the house,Please what could be the problem of a Mercedes Benz ml350 2008 model that the battery gets drained after parking for 3 hours and over,I have to jump start it again to start
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jceesquare(m): 10:29am On Mar 10
udy4real:
Good day pros in the house,Please what could be the problem of a Mercedes Benz ml350 2008 model that the battery gets drained after parking for 3 hours and over,I have to jump start it again to start
1st you need to know what's draining the battery before throwing parts at.
What's your repair history?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Adejunwonlo94: 6:01pm On Mar 10
My Camry 2007 V4 consumed 65 liters of Fuel and ran 408km between 24th Feb till today. Please is this economic enough for the engine or I need to take the car for inspection?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 7:38am On Mar 11
Adejunwonlo94:
My Camry 2007 V4 consumed 65 liters of Fuel and ran 408km between 24th Feb till today. Please is this economic enough for the engine or I need to take the car for inspection?

It is. But you didn't give information on the city you drive, or if it's mostly highway driving, mileage of the car and other parameters.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Adejunwonlo94: 8:37pm On Mar 11
kingreign:

It is. But you didn't give information on the city you drive, or if it's mostly highway driving, mileage of the car and other parameters.

My Camry 2007 V4 consumed 65 liters of Fuel and ran 253 lineage between 24th Feb till today. Please is this economic enough for the engine or I need to take the car for inspection?

I use the AC fairly, the car tyres are fit and well, catalyst and O2 sensors are intact as well.

And I drive it in Lagos
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by udy4real(m): 9:45pm On Mar 12
jceesquare:

1st you need to know what's draining the battery before throwing parts at.
What's your repair history?
Not really much repairs has been been carried out on the vehicle
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by SpeedRacer(m): 8:32pm On Mar 14
Anyone knows where I can get reasonably priced coilovers for a 2010 corolla?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by revived2: 1:01pm On Mar 18
Hello bosses I want to get a 2006 Nigerian used Honda pilot

Kindly advise please on what to look out for
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by codemaster2much: 3:27pm On Mar 18
revived2:
Hello bosses I want to get a 2006 Nigerian used Honda pilot

Kindly advise please on what to look out for

Very solid SUV, ensure you have it inspected by a good and honest technician and buy if he gives you the greenlight.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ugonofure1: 6:05pm On Mar 18
Please I would want to be buying second hand cars from owners and reselling them,

A friend told me about this business, I like it because I can add 400k - 1 million plus.

How is this business, I need some advice on this.

Is this business profitable?

I could be selling on Jiji and also be packing them at the from of my Estate Gate.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ksmart027(m): 3:14pm On Mar 19
Ugonofure1:
Please I would want to be buying second hand cars from owners and reselling them,

A friend told me about this business, I like it because I can add 400k - 1 million plus.

How is this business, I need some advice on this.

Is this business profitable?

I could be selling on Jiji and also be packing them at the from of my Estate Gate.
Don't go and buy stolen cars and put yourself for wahala, car business is not for the faint hearted, my 2cent.

2 Likes

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ugonofure1: 9:32am On Mar 21
ksmart027:

Don't go and buy stolen cars and put yourself for wahala, car business is not for the faint hearted, my 2cent.

I appreciate this, what can you advised that I invest in with 3m - 6 million.

What should I invest into?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by vinzita1(m): 4:09pm On Mar 21
Good days
I have this issues at hand

My matrix 2009 car,
Any time I put it on drive or reverse
It brings up sound like bang
Also
when am driving, the car jerk when the car changes gear by itself.

What could be the cause of this?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Abbeyismo(m): 5:05pm On Mar 21
vinzita1:
Good days

My matrix 2009 car,
Also

Try scan the car and drop the scan result.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Benz03: 6:29pm On Mar 21
You can call me for any Mercedes deal in Benin repairs such as all Electrical services, VGS fixing brain box decoding, programming of vehicle and keys and other chipset....etc
I also engage in all general upgrades for your vehicle (BENZ specifically) and sales of all kinds of vehicles incase you are in any need if a good ride
Call or WhatsApp at :08111367505
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Emekayoung(m): 4:34pm On Mar 24
vinzita1:
Good days

My matrix 2009 car,
Also

Gearbox wahala. But you need to scan to know the exact part of the gear that needs attention.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by SmSolo: 8:17pm On Mar 31
Please, someone, recommend me a good mechanic for 2005 toyota corolla at Abuja. Thank you.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by lathrowinger: 4:35am On Apr 03
My Good people, Incase you get any car wey u wan sell or buy or swap, in Abuja Kindly call me on 09074607252

💯 Legit. We JIMLAT MOTORS are surest plugs when it comes to anything wheels
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Dpzeewonder: 4:34pm On Apr 04
NB:I don't know much about auto terminologies
Please i drive a Nissan Sunny ex saloon 2004 manual transmission.It happened that i was driving recently then i stopped in traffic,but i noticed my car was doing as if it was going to go off which prompted me to keep pressing the throttle just to keep the engine working.Thinking it was fuel,i bought more fuel then hit the road,this time around the car started jerking which i managed to drive it home.Later i took it to a mechanic's place to maybe increase what i understood as "SLOW",a move that got my car system destabilized completely because he first asked me to change my spark plugs,which i did,yet the problem persists,he loosen what he called Airflow meter,he loosen throttle cable.Once he starts the car,it will start normally and immediately the sound will reduce like the car will go off then picks up again.Since he did not get what's wrong,he disconnected a sensor telling me it the airflow meters that are beginning to go bad,immediately he disconnected the airflow meter above the compressor,the check engine sign came up.
To shorten the whole story,another mechanic looked at it yesterday who asked me to change fuel pump,buy injector cleaner,i did all these,yet no changes,he checked the sensors.While trying to check the crankshaft sensor located in a very difficult part of the engine,the car would not start again,when he tried to key in the sensor back as he was unable to remove it,the sensor broke,Now the sensor has been removed by a panel beater and i sent money for another one,when the car would not start he scanned it and he got a Crankshaft sensor error,Please what can you suggest with this whole story and experience of mine because this car is one car that does not give me issue but unfortunately am experiencing this at the moment.
Kindly help,thanks.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jceesquare(m): 6:30am On Apr 05
Dpzeewonder:
NB:I don't know much about auto terminologies
Please i drive a Nissan Sunny ex saloon 2004 manual transmission.It happened that i was driving recently then i stopped in traffic,but i noticed my car was doing as if it was going to go off which prompted me to keep pressing the throttle just to keep the engine working.Thinking it was fuel,i bought more fuel then hit the road,this time around the car started jerking which i managed to drive it home.Later i took it to a mechanic's place to maybe increase what i understood as "SLOW",a move that got my car system destabilized completely because he first asked me to change my spark plugs,which i did,yet the problem persists,he loosen what he called Airflow meter,he loosen throttle cable.Once he starts the car,it will start normally and immediately the sound will reduce like the car will go off then picks up again.Since he did not get what's wrong,he disconnected a sensor telling me it the airflow meters that are beginning to go bad,immediately he disconnected the airflow meter above the compressor,the check engine sign came up.
To shorten the whole story,another mechanic looked at it yesterday who asked me to change fuel pump,buy injector cleaner,i did all these,yet no changes,he checked the sensors.While trying to check the crankshaft sensor located in a very difficult part of the engine,the car would not start again,when he tried to key in the sensor back as he was unable to remove it,the sensor broke,Now the sensor has been removed by a panel beater and i sent money for another one,when the car would not start he scanned it and he got a Crankshaft sensor error,Please what can you suggest with this whole story and experience of mine because this car is one car that does not give me issue but unfortunately am experiencing this at the moment.
Kindly help,thanks.
So why did you wait till after they've damaged the car before scanning it?
You should have done that from beginning.
Kindly post scan codes for remote diagnosis.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Dpzeewonder: 10:27am On Apr 05
P0100 Mass Air flow sensor circuit
P0115 Engine coolant temperature sensor circuit
P0120 Thrtl POS SEN/Circ
jceesquare:

So why did you wait till after they've damaged the car before scanning it?
You should have done that from beginning.
Kindly post scan codes for remote diagnosis.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jceesquare(m): 2:36pm On Apr 05
Dpzeewonder:
P0100 Mass Air flow sensor circuit
P0115 Engine coolant temperature sensor circuit
P0120 Thrtl POS SEN/Circ
Work on all codes and you should be fine. Don't over look any including your coolant temperature sensor code. As a matter of fact, I've seen a malfunctioning ECT make a car run in limp mode.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Dpzeewonder: 2:46pm On Apr 05
I changed the Throttle sensor already,the mechanic has gotten the MAF sensor too,looking for where to get the ECT.I hope this is resolved as i keep spending everyday.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Hallenjay: 8:41pm On Apr 05
Pls, who knows the price for corrola 2010 South Africa model engine. Z10 or what... my engine is good but makes dt crankshaft noise and I'm tired of it. I cannot buy new car either... car of 1.8m now cost 8.9m, I rather buy engine and continue cruising this car since the body is still Okay, only catalyst missing

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.