Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft (17389 Views)

National Carrier To Be Unveiled By Month End – Minister / Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria / National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft by cycline404(m): 5:19pm On Jul 12, 2013
Next Year Ending.... Make e come first.. But i will ever prefer Arik Air....
Re: National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft by Erifenz: 5:23pm On Jul 12, 2013
Story again to be delievered
Re: National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 12, 2013
Starting with 50 aircraft is a little on the ambitious side, but I applaud the airline's ownership model. The FG holding less than 25% of the shares is similar to what obtains in Ethiopia, where the govt there holds almost the same amount of shares in Ethiopian Airlines; which is the MOST profitable airline in Africa.

I read somewhere else that Arik, Aero and Chanchangi, alongside the international investors, will form this national carrier. These airlines are amongst those that have been taken over by AMCON. Therefore, the present aircrafts and outstanding plane orders from these airlines will be utilized by the new carrier.
Re: National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft by Dprinzcolection: 5:29pm On Jul 12, 2013
Billionaires:

You are the only person I have to respond to, cos it seems you can spell correctly, meaning you've got something up there. Now, Nigeria One is largely financed by international consortium, the government retains approx. 25% ownership for regulative purpose. We have just signed a deal of $1.1b, which is part of a $3b loan from China on a 3% APR with moratorium of 25yrs. This is the best credit facility ever. Highly commendable.

Judging by the comments on Nairaland, its best to say, that this forum is no more a place for people with discerning minds, but a gathering of mentally lacking never-do-wells. I feel ashamed that the Mods and SuperMod have allowed this site to degenerate thus far, instead of deleting monika of mentally disabled commentators.

You make sense bro, and its sad most Nigerians are not easy to please.
However, I believe its not easy to float this national carrier with 50 planes, unless we are talking about 30 years old planes that are overused and dumped. You and I know how much a brand new Boeing costs.

I also do not like the way our politicians lie up and down. This lady is trying but she told us this airline would start operation 2 times already and she keeps changing the dates. If shes not too sure of the dates why cant she just not talk about dates and focus on her performance/delivery?

I still believe shes one of the best performing ministers in GEJ cabinet.
Re: National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 12, 2013
Also, the airline can indeed get registered by September this year. All it takes is for the merging airlines to re-paint their current aircraft in the new livery, and conduct "proving flights" which will be used by NCAA officials to determine the airworthiness of the planes. Once the NCAA passes a clean bill of health to the new airline, the airline will be issued an AOC, and would have to register with the CAC. Don't forget that this new national carrier plan has been in the pipeline for over a year now, so some of those steps might have taken place.
Re: National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft by daywatcher: 5:34pm On Jul 12, 2013
still not pictures of staff uniform, airline design, website...and you want to start operation is roughly two months
Re: National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft by mgbeketoto: 5:34pm On Jul 12, 2013
If dem like. . . make dem go take am PUSH DRUG for TINUBU again!
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeesh! grin
Re: National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft by omonnakoda: 5:40pm On Jul 12, 2013
dolphinife: I thought the airline is going to start operations by september this year. Moreover, what do you know about airline management?

Don't waste your time with village idiots
Re: National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 12, 2013
daywatcher: still not pictures of staff uniform, airline design, website...and you want to start operation is roughly two months
I don't think they will start operations in 2 months time. I guess what they mean is that the airline will be reistered by the CAC and get it's AOC in August. I believe that a company has to be legally registered before it can start hiring people. As for the logo, uniforms etc, those may be revealed in the next 2 months.
Re: National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft by omonnakoda: 5:43pm On Jul 12, 2013
CFCfan:
I don't think they will start operations in 2 months time. I guess what they mean is that the airline will be reistered by the CAC and get it's AOC in August. I believe that a company has to be legally registered before it can start hiring people. As for the logo, uniforms etc, those may be revealed in the next 2 months.
No need guessing for them.It it looks and smells like BULL5HIT then it is very unlikely to be anything else.
Just like Electricity
Just like NNPC
Just like starving troops in Mali
Just like subsidy scandal
Just like Nigeria Police
Just like corruption
just like security
just like unemployment
Just like every other piece of BS before

Was the money for this airline in the budget So how is the FG going to pay for its share of equity Does the National Assembly have a say? Have they discussed it? Are we children The FG will just wake up and put $3 billion in Airline and National Assembly will have no say.
FYI our main source of money is OYEL run in Joint ventures with Shell Mobil etc .This means for every venture the FG has to pay its own share of investment(Cash call).Invariably the FG is late or has no money and the Oil majors have to pay out of their own pocket(charging interest) If the FG has no money to pay for what sustains it where will this money come from
Re: National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft by Babaji111(m): 6:07pm On Jul 12, 2013
GOOD NEWS. LET US PRAY IT IS TRUE smiley
Re: National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft by Rhea(f): 6:26pm On Jul 12, 2013
Billionaires:

You are the only person I have to respond to, cos it seems you can spell correctly, meaning you've got something up there. Now, Nigeria One is largely financed by international consortium, the government retains approx. 25% ownership for regulative purpose. We have just signed a deal of $1.1b, which is part of a $3b loan from China on a 3% APR with moratorium of 25yrs. This is the best credit facility ever. Highly commendable.

Judging by the comments on Nairaland, its best to say, that this forum is no more a place for people with discerning minds, but a gathering of mentally lacking never-do-wells. I feel ashamed that the Mods and SuperMod have allowed this site to degenerate thus far, instead of deleting monika of mentally disabled commentators.
[size=18pt]
Our aura of impermeable ignorance has finally been infiltrated by an arsenal of geeks and savants... cheesy shocked[/size]
Re: National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft by temodent(m): 6:26pm On Jul 12, 2013
Good idea but for those in support. I simply ask can you invest your own money in it, if you so believe in it. For me dont trust them enough to commit a kobo into it.
Re: National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft by billante(m): 6:32pm On Jul 12, 2013
The new national flag carrier will be registered and open office by end of 3rd quarter 2013 the 50 proposed planes will start being delivered one then one by one till the end of 2014!
Majority of the planes will be short haul Embraer planes which are less expensive! The boeings won't be more than 10 pieces.

The airline will be run by one of the existing big airlines in the world.

Shares of the new carrier will be trading on the nigeria stock exchange and bought by anybody that is interested.

1 Like

Re: National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft by 3ace(m): 7:39pm On Jul 12, 2013
I am glad with this news. Take it or leave it, this is another contribution to reducing unemployment in the country no matter how little the effect is. We should all reduce our scepticism level. That's why most of us don't succeed in life. The fact that it has failed in the past doesn't mean it will fail again. Most successful people in the world have failed so many times in their lives. Let us give them another chance and see how things go this time. D; oya, make una do quick so dat mekunu like me too go fit buy ticket.
Re: National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft by rhames(m): 7:43pm On Jul 12, 2013
news in brief
Re: National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft by Itoroetti(m): 7:44pm On Jul 12, 2013
ujchief: I didn't bother reading the entire epistle. I just read the first paragraph which states that the airplanes will be delivered before the end of next year!

Datz all!

U go primary school at all?where in that report did they made mentioned of next year?
Bad belle.
Re: National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft by DrOBD(m): 7:47pm On Jul 12, 2013
I am not holding brief for the FG, I think this is a welcome development. Nigerians should learn to pray, be optimistic and encourage our leaders rather than criticise. It's a shame, we don't have a national carrier. Countries like Ethiopia, South Africa, Egypt, Kenya, etc all have national carriers.
Most of us who criticise can't perform better (in the different places where we work, we should reflect on our achievements, are we really better).
I join millions of patriotic Nigerians to pray for the aviation industry and this project in particular. I am optimistic that this time we will get it right.
If our leaders fail we have failed, if they succeed we have succeeded. Nigeria is ours.

2 Likes

Re: National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft by omonnakoda: 8:14pm On Jul 12, 2013
Dr_OBD: I am not holding brief for the FG, I think this is a welcome development. Nigerians should learn to pray, be optimistic and encourage our leaders rather than criticise. It's a shame, we don't have a national carrier. Countries like Ethiopia, South Africa, Egypt, Kenya, etc all have national carriers.
Most of us who criticise can't perform better (in the different places where we work, we should reflect on our achievements, are we really better).
I join millions of patriotic Nigerians to pray for the aviation industry and this project in particular. I am optimistic that this time we will get it right.
If our leaders fail we have failed, if they succeed we have succeeded. Nigeria is ours.
don't be stupid has anyone ever bought 50 aircraft in one day to start an airline. Do you think Virgin or Lufthansa made it by praying? What doe prayer have to do with this. Is there any country that prays more than Nigerians? what have all those stupid prayers achieved. You do not plant cassava and reap cocoyam no matter how hard you pray. If you show us plans for the airline we will analyse and discuss NOT all this stupid "we are going to buy the whole of Boeing and Airbus yarn". How much will 50 aircraft cost and where will the pilots come from,Police College Ikeja You think there are 50 unemployed jet pilots waiting for the Nigerian National carrier to come alive
Re: National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft by tundamartin: 8:15pm On Jul 12, 2013
omonnakoda:
Nigeria that borrowed $2billion this week will buy 50 aircraft next year . I hope say no be Winch for Mohammed broom dem wan buy sha

Give blame to whom it is due! Say GEJ borrowed $2bn this week for personal use in disguise! Sorry for the common man on the Nigerian streets!!
[/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
Re: National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft by emitope: 8:26pm On Jul 12, 2013
I jus fear dat d pple dat will b in charge of d whole project will b d usual thieves; pple who only av d love of their pockets @ hrt & not dat of d country as a whole......
Re: National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft by omonnakoda: 8:33pm On Jul 12, 2013
D project LOL .There is NO project .It is a LIE . Last week she said they were awaiting approval from the President. Can the President approve an airline or a "project" without budget /appropriation. Don't you guys read the budget ?
Re: National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft by billante(m): 8:47pm On Jul 12, 2013
omonnakoda: D project LOL .There is NO project .It is a LIE . Last week she said they were awaiting approval from the President. Can the President approve an airline or a "project" without budget /appropriation. Don't you guys read the budget ?

This nigger self! whats your beef? What do you gain if this project fails?
If the project succeeds wont it bring benefits to every citizen of this country directly or indirectly including you and people related to you

Ask yourself these sincere questions and answer them genuinely.
Re: National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft by duni04(m): 8:53pm On Jul 12, 2013
All the major Airlines worldwide are cutting down on orders for new planes because of rising crude prices and unprofitable routes. I remember what Richard Brandson said about doing business in Nigeria after Virgin Nigeria failed. The cost of running an airline business profitably in Nigeria is just too high. This national carrier business is not just profitable. Even the best domestic airlines in Nigeria can't repay the bank loans they used to acquire all their new airplanes, just like Arik. This Aviation minister and her boyfriend president are just trying to score cheap political points so after they leave office and the national carrier crumbles, they will beat their chests and say at least they set up a national carrier. I pity whoever sinks his money into this kind of rubbish.
Re: National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft by omonnakoda: 8:58pm On Jul 12, 2013
billante:

This nigger self! whats your beef? What do you gain if this project fails?
If the project succeeds wont it bring benefits to every citizen of this country directly or indirectly including you and people related to you

Ask yourself these sincere questions and answer them genuinely.
Your father is a nigger . Is that part of guy too? you go about calling your father nigger?

I do not gain if a project fails but this is a pack of lies. That is the starting point. So I am not talking about whether it would fail or not ? Is it true? What does the evidence tell us
This is as real as tellinng us Nigeria is sending a man to space next year.
Re: National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft by omonnakoda: 9:01pm On Jul 12, 2013
This woman has been telling us for months that they will form a national carrier.
Last week she announced they will start operations in September
This week she says Next year

Simple question:

What is the name of the investor or is it a secret and why?
Re: National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft by billante(m): 9:06pm On Jul 12, 2013
omonnakoda: This woman has been telling us for months that they will form a national carrier.
Last week she announced they will start operations in September
This week she says Next year

Simple question:

What is the name of the investor or is it a secret and why?

It is not a secret, about two or more airlines have been in talks, including ireland Ryan air, nothing has been concluded thats why no airline has been named the major operator of the new carrier yet.
Re: National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft by Dee60: 9:08pm On Jul 12, 2013
Even if they accomplish this 100%, the man will still not get some votes in 2015!
Re: National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft by billante(m): 9:11pm On Jul 12, 2013
omonnakoda: Your father is a nigger . Is that part of guy too? you go about calling your father nigger?

I do not gain if a project fails but this is a pack of lies. That is the starting point. So I am not talking about whether it would fail or not ? Is it true? What does the evidence tell us
This is as real as tellinng us Nigeria is sending a man to space next year.

And if she doesn't establish the new carrier will you kill her? is there any law dat will jail her if she doesn't setup a new airline?

what is her gain if she is telling pack of lies as u said! After all she was the one that brought up the idea,no one forced her to!
Re: National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft by omonnakoda: 9:13pm On Jul 12, 2013
billante:

It is not a secret, about two or more airlines have been in talks, including ireland Ryan air, nothing has been concluded thats why no airline has been named the major operator of the new carrier yet.

So let them finish their talks before coming to tell LIES that they will commence operations in September
How can you still be engaged in talks and be making boastful announcements about 50 0r even mentioning how many aircraft will be bought
1% of talks results in real business being done
but I can tell you for a fact if they are talking to Ryan air and that is where they are placing their hope then we are in trouble. It is very funny indeed.
Re: National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft by djon78(m): 9:13pm On Jul 12, 2013
ocman: my broda this thing tire me O! what fits naija as president is hardcore DEVIL AND DEMONS AS GOVERNOR ALL FROM HELL FIRE..nothing will one do to ever please nigerians. tufiakwa! but they need result now now now. and they cn not even keep ordinary rule of obeying the traffic, not throwing gabbage on the road n streets, package ur home waste n dispose in nylon bag, etc...all these little common sense right way of life, they can't follow it, but they want a magical leadership which wayward followership.

bros do u really mind this people, if u look at most of comments on this forum, it shows you how dumb and clueless most of them are, they cannot read and comprehend things. One was calling the aviation minister clueless, but there is no aviation minister that has achieved what that woman is doing, look at the kind of renovation work going on in our airports, at least I have seen them myself, and u will give her kudos, cos she is trying.
The main problem is that they just love to condenm without critically looking at things.
Re: National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft by omonnakoda: 9:16pm On Jul 12, 2013
billante:

And if she doesn't establish the new carrier will you kill her? is there any law dat will jail her if she doesn't setup a new airline?

what is her gain if she is telling pack of lies as u said!
5tupid Statement

what is the gain of those other politicians who have made false promises about power .Megawatts,jobs,roads etc
did anyone kill or jail them? .

If you have any adult contribution please make it because so far you sound very childish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Femi Adesina: The Buhari The International Community Knows / Buhari Orders Swift Response As Bandits Abduct Scores In Zamfara Village / Buhari Appoints Babagana Kingibe As Special Envoy On Chad, Lake Chad Basin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.