Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,689 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

Things We've Learnt From Nollywood - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Things We've Learnt From Nollywood (2485 Views)

The Things We've Learnt From Nollywood / Things We've Learnt From Nollywood / 24 Things We've Learnt From Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by olanree: 3:56pm On May 21, 2008
THINGS WE'VE LEARNT FROM NOLLYWOOD

1. Every problem you have is spiritual.

2. In every romance movie, someone must die.

3. It is possible to hit a person without actually touching them!

4. Anyone who gets hit by a car dies immediately.

5. Poisoned food tastes better,

6. The best way to make money is by visiting a 'Babalawo'.

7. At least one of a pair of twins (identical or not) is born evil.

8. There is never an end to your suffering, except death!

9. With a pastor,  all things are possible

10. A movie can be titled anything,  such as - the boy is mine, Two rats, Spanner, Calculator,

11. A movie has not been made if at least one actor/actress has not- 'shelled', twisted his/her lips to speak wrong phonetics',

12. You are in love,  you want to take your girl out, the best place you take her to is,  Mr. Biggs, Tantalizers, the beach or the best- take her to buy some new ugly clothes.

13. An Igbo movie has been made if,

* You visit a 'Babalawo'

* A fleet of cars is shown off

* Kanayo 'O' Kanayo is in the movie, Pete Udochie is also there too!

* To get rich it is mandatory you join a cult

14. Gun shots and Knock-out sound the same!

15. Most times the title has absolutely nothing to do with the movie.

16. A love story has not been produced if it does not have one or two of the following cast actresses-

* Stella Damascus

* Stephanie Okere

17. The police are extremely 'efficient' unlike their counterparts in real life,

18. An actress can wear the same hairdo for more than a year,

19. It is permissible to wear very dark shades in the night!

20. When you are shot in the chest, it really doesn't matter; your head will be bandaged! Same for your

legs!

21. When advertising a movie, you really should shout because,  people are deaf?

22. When you are extremely poor, you will still be able to afford- very good furniture, T.V., but you won't be able to send your kids to school
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by sincity(m): 4:14pm On May 21, 2008
Preach on preacher, Yesss oo grin

When shooting u need to swing at the gun for a bullet to come out, ie. with a multiple knock-out sound grin grin

Yoruba movies:

Always ends with a major gathering in the living room. grin
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by superboi(m): 6:50pm On May 21, 2008
okay u forget this important one, anyman wey sleep with woman way e no like when im drink must give de woman belly
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by bibs(f): 7:12pm On May 21, 2008
Hairdo made by an actress remains-even after 30 years!
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by Esss(m): 7:14pm On May 21, 2008
You also forgot:

1. An actor can wear the same dress in four different non related movies.

2. All ghosts and spirits wear the same white rode with gloves and a face covered with calamine lotion.

3. All movies and sold at the same places. 51/52 Iweka road onitsha, 11 ebinpeju lane, idumota, lagos, 1/2 pound road Aba.

4. All movies must end with any of these phrases; To God be the Glory, In God we trust, or You'll reap what you sow.

5. The title of the movie must be mentioned at one point during the movie.

Example

Movie title; The boy is mine.

Scene; Stephanie Okereke arguing with Genevieve on the phone;

STEPHANIE; You had better stay away from my boyfriend. this is the last time I'm going to warn you. The Boy is mine, do you hear me. I said the Boy is mine.

6. All Scenes showing off a celebration of any kind containing alot of food and drinks be it a club, birthday party, traditional and white wedding or burial, must last for atleast 10 to 15minutes.

7. When a man is about to throw his wife out of the house, her bags are always already packed and ready to go.

8. All movies must have a minimum of two parts and a maximum of (no limit)

9. And weneva whoeva returns from the U.S, they wear a dress with either the american flag on it, I love NY, or some hip-hop git up and then they start speaking this outrageous phonetics.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by sheniqua: 7:27pm On May 21, 2008
1. sometimes the outside of a house will be different in different scenes of the same movie

2. The women change their wigs and outfits every scene and somewhere towards the end they end up with the same outtfit and wig  as in the first scene

3. The poor people are extremely poor and the rich ones are mega rich with children studying in America and the UK and fleet of cars parked in the compound.

4. The passersby  and hawkers stop and stare and there's no attempt to edit them off or blur their images

5 .women wake up and dress in their Sunday best , wear heavy make up, shoes and all to hang around the house and entertain guests.
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by TOYOSI20(f): 7:53am On May 22, 2008
All very true and funny. . . . . . grin grin

. . . . . . . . .And majority of part two is a flash back of part one, lol, grin

. . . . , . . . . The so called summary of the movie tells u all the movie is about tongue

, . . . . . . , , U can see their faces shinning from the effect of ROBB,

grin to forcefully bring tears out from their eyes, , lmao

GRAB UR COPY NOW . , . . . wink
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by acidrop(f): 7:59am On May 22, 2008
hahahahahahaha

my favourite one is they shot you in the chest then they bandage your head. . . . . lol
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by holythug(m): 8:02am On May 22, 2008
hehehehehe  grin . . . . . o boy u no go kill persin here wit laff. . .even dia action packed movies is just like primary school drama, d punches & blows goes gbhiish, gbash , even wen shot on d head u still groan & moan grin
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by Nobody: 10:14am On May 24, 2008
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by Esss(m): 4:50pm On May 24, 2008
I've got more

Continues

10. The most unnecessary scenes are shown in slow motion. e.g like ramsey noah slapping his driver.

11. Everytime a deity is about to strike a victim, the same effect are used with the cameras shaking unnecessarily.

12. The blood looks like ribenna or Zobo.

13. A son and his father look the same age. e.g. Nkem Owoh (son), Sam Loco (father).
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by CrazyMan(m): 5:26pm On May 24, 2008
More

1.They use toy guns in action movies

2.They hardly finish any movie without the word TO GOD BE THE GLORY

3.They make sure their movie has a part 2 not minding if it’s necessary or not

4.They love prolonging scenes because of lack of tangible scripts.

5.They drive expensive cars and use expensive houses in a movie although the movie is nothing to write home about.

6.They love romance movies that’s why every young guy want to go into Nolywood maybe he might have the chance to kiss gennive or rita Dominick

7.They finish their movies in such an stupid manner that the viewer would regret why he bought or rented the CD

8.They hardly have any realistic scenes such as accidents, disasters and so on

9. All movies and sold at the same places. 51/52 Iweka road onitsha, 11 ebinpeju lane, idumota, lagos, 1/2 pound road Aba.

10. Part one and two are released the same day.
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by sage2(m): 7:15pm On May 24, 2008
If jim iyke is from a poor family, he is self made who wants to marry a rich man's daughter. And if he is from a rich family, he is in love with a poor girl but his parents won't alloy him to marry her. Which ever way, he ends up marrying the girl against all oppositions.
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by Jeovy(m): 7:47pm On May 24, 2008
grin grin grin grin,hahahhahahahahaha

A church rat or a poor man can afford a well furnished apartment and still be starving
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by RampantT(f): 11:33pm On May 24, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
lmao@ 30 year hair do
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by africanboy(m): 8:04am On May 25, 2008
lovely
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by beystwin: 11:55am On May 25, 2008
A Nollywood actress is not a true Nollywood actress unless she wears at least one or two horrendous wigs per film (please refer to the film "Abuja connection" for some examples).

A true Nollywood movie has a background theme song whose lyrics summarize the whole film and even let you know how it ends, in advance.

In a true Nollywood movie, you will see at least one close up shot of an actor's shoes, for no reason. They will do this whether the shoe looks good or not.

A true Nollywood film will contain at least one unlikely twist and many unrealistic coincidences (e.g. the main character's girlfriend turns out to be his sister, and the gateman turns out to be his father).
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by africanboy(m): 12:39pm On May 25, 2008
its not fair to nollywood, describing all the features without giving any quotes

- in any nollywood "home video", if a man is sick and talking of dying, the lady (whose parents oppose the relationship or vice versa) will always make the statement "don't talk like that"
- jim iyke will always attempt to kiss/hug/handle/harass the main female character
- almost every "babalawo" based movie ends with victory in Jesus Christ.
- how come they ALWAYS make love with their clothes on, under the sheets, even in the village with our HOT weather.
- when someone is recounting an experience, he/she must always pause about 5 seconds and stare into the camera while the "remembered" scene loads
- how come when a character remembers a previous experience, it is never from their point of view.
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by unix4real1(m): 2:05pm On May 25, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin
Can someone tell me to stop laughing out loud.

let me pick put the ones that`s killing me most:

- when someone is recounting an experience, he/she must always pause about 5 seconds and stare into the camera while the "remembered" scene loads

- A church rat or a poor man can afford a well furnished apartment and still be starving

- If jim iyke is from a poor family, he is self made who wants to marry a rich man's daughter. And if he is from a rich family, he is in love with a poor girl but his parents won't alloy him to marry her. Which ever way, he ends up marrying the girl against all oppositions

- If jim iyke is from a poor family, he is self made who wants to marry a rich man's daughter. And if he is from a rich family, he is in love with a poor girl but his parents won't alloy him to marry her. Which ever way, he ends up marrying the girl against all oppositions

- A son and his father look the same age. e.g. Nkem Owoh (son), Sam Loco (father).

- When a man is about to throw his wife out of the house, her bags are always already packed and ready to go.

- And weneva whoeva returns from the US, they wear a dress with either the american flag on it, I love NY, or some hip-hop git up and then they start speaking this outrageous phonetics.

-  An actor can wear the same dress in four different non related movies.

- When you are shot in the chest, it really doesn't matter; your head will be bandaged! Same for your legs!

Nollywood indeed!!!  grin
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by clemcykul(f): 12:41pm On May 26, 2008
buahahhhaa lo guys keep washing their dirty linens for horse here grin

keep the observations coming i love em grin
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by folly69(m): 1:52pm On May 27, 2008
only in nollywood will u c a u.s blockbuster released last week and the nollywood version is released the following week.eg set it off (queen latifah,jada pinkett etc)and most wanted (regina askia,ibinabor etc) highly disgusting film imagine this- regina bust in a room where this heafty guy tries to beat up ibinabor and puts her behind and says don't worry i'll take care of him rolling up her sleeves and putting up her fist for combat only to disappoint me by screaming and jumping on the guy and he fell on the bed just like that, no fist fight no nada i was so pissed i just went off to sleep. angry
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by clemcykul(f): 5:33pm On May 27, 2008
lol folly69 grin
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by holythug(m): 6:00pm On May 27, 2008
they usually av funny lookin beards too. . .u ll surely see it is cotton wool, , ,i tink i ll start sellin cotton wool & tell dem to make a movie dat as to deal wit Osama lookin terrorist

so must of d actors can stick my wool to dia beards. . .as bia bia

even naming a movies is a prb. . .so i guess dey ll name it BIA BIA BOSS grin
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 27, 2008
folly69:

only in nollywood will u c a u.s blockbuster released last week and the nollywood version is released the following week.eg set it off (queen latifah,jada pinkett etc)and most wanted (regina askia,ibinabor etc) highly disgusting film imagine this- regina bust in a room where this heafty guy tries to beat up ibinabor and puts her behind and says don't worry i'll take care of him rolling up her sleeves and putting up her fist for combat only to disappoint me by screaming and jumping on the guy and he fell on the bed just like that, no fist fight no nada i was so pissed i just went off to sleep. angry
roflmao cheesy
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by holythug(m): 6:18pm On May 27, 2008
na film trick b dat naa grin
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by clemcykul(f): 8:45am On May 28, 2008
thats ryte mr bia bia
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by folly69(m): 9:45am On May 28, 2008
or the return of the bia bia man starring peter edochie grin grin
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by ohilebo(m): 4:13pm On May 28, 2008
In Nigerian movies, Pat Ozokwor is the N0. 1 bad wife, bad mother, and bad Stepmother,D grin

Nkem Owoh is always the Village Champion; D grin grin, my point is that some actors/actress have special and personalized roles  grin grin grin
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by manickal(m): 4:30pm On May 28, 2008
the worst thing about nollywood is that their movies are all the same.
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 28, 2008
I LOVE PATIENCE OZOKWOR kiss kiss kiss
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by clemcykul(f): 5:21pm On May 28, 2008
but she doesnt love nor knoe you
Re: Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 28, 2008
abi o embarassed cry cry cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Funny Or Not? / Naughty Naughty! / An Urhobo Man Invited His Friends For His Father's Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.