Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,813 members, 7,862,694 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:51 PM

... - Literature (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ... (42216 Views)

Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. / Razor Tongue: A Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ... by Mynd44: 11:00am On Jul 24, 2013
I hope if I ban anyone cos of the person's action on this thread, I won't get an e-mail bomb.
Re: ... by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:04am On Jul 24, 2013
Mynd_44: I hope if I ban anyone cos of the person's action on this thread, I won't get an e-mail bomb.

lesson learned. This is my last reply, pls don't ban me smiley
Re: ... by Dygeasy(m): 12:24am On Jul 25, 2013
Mynd_44: I hope if I ban anyone cos of the person's action on this thread, I won't get an e-mail bomb.

Mynd, Please Hide The Chapter 9 I Posted. Thanks.
Re: ... by Mynd44: 12:31am On Jul 25, 2013
Dygeasy: Mynd, Please Hide The Chapter 9 I Posted. Thanks.
Link please
Re: ... by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:43am On Jul 25, 2013
Mynd_44:
Link please
Re: ... by EzePromoe: 12:46am On Jul 25, 2013
Re: ... by Mynd44: 1:14am On Jul 25, 2013
Re: ... by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:21am On Jul 25, 2013

1 Like

Re: ... by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:23am On Jul 25, 2013

3 Likes

Re: ... by Neduzze5(m): 1:40am On Jul 25, 2013
Nice work my newest friend although it wasn't much fun apart from the badoosky part cool

1 Like

Re: ... by UjSizzle(f): 12:27pm On Jul 25, 2013
Nice smiley
Re: ... by xynerise: 12:58pm On Jul 25, 2013
CHAPTER 10

It was an early hour at 6:30am, the sky was covered with mist. The sounds of hornbills, robins and sparrows filled the atmosphere.

At the sexuality hostel, students were all talking about health seminar. Everyone was in a hurry to get to the hall before 7:00am.

Health seminar is held quarterly in Nairaland University at the Health department main hall. A hall of about 5,000 capacity.

The last segment of the seminar was all about ''Sexually Transmitted Diseases(STD's) and it was very interesting to all students and almost 10% of the crowd asked questions. The lecturer was a professor at Facebook University who usually visit Nairaland University quarterly because of the seminar. He is a close friend of Mr. Seun, the Vice-chancellor of Nairaland University.

He promised a sequel of the last topic discussed this segment just to draw the attention of students to attend because he was impressed of the way they were throwing questions at him. The seminar was schedule at 7:00am but before 6:45am, the hall was filled up. Everyone was set and some were writing down questions they will ask. It was a very noisy atmosphere.

A tall pretty young lady moved to the platform to address the crowd when a voice from the crowd yelled

''Who be this tolotolo?''

Everyone laughed.

''Greatest Nigerian students!!'' she screamed

''Great!'' the crowd replied

''Greatest Nairalanders!! She screamed again

''Great!!'' the crowd replied.

''My name is Dominique and I am the course cordinator of Health department. Please, maintain absolute silence as we welcome Prof. Clinic.'' she said.

Everyone gave a standing ovation as the Professor walked in and sat behind the platform.

''Prof!! Prof!!'' the crowd screamed.

''Thank you very much'' Prof. Clinic replied.

''As you all know my name, but for the benefit of the newbies among us, I will introduce myself again. My name is Prof. Clinic and I am a lecturer in Medicine in the prestigious Facebook University. I obtained my first degree in Medicine in 1986 and I also have the following qualifications:
Phd, Msc, HSE,PMPI''.....the crowd gave a loud applaud just to make him shut up and get down to business....'' thank you all'' he ended.

''Today, we will talk about TUBERCULOSIS'' he said

There was a loud mummuring in the crowd.

''What is wrong?'' Prof. Clinic asked.

There was silence finally and everyone was sad. Dominique was smilling. She was sitting beside the Professor. She knows the plan.

''As I was saying, Tuberculosis kills everyday without some people knowing.
Tuberculosis(TB) is an infectious disease caused by bacteria whose scientific name is mycobacterium tuberculosis''

'hmmm!'' the crowd hummed
Re: ... by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 25, 2013
huh? is that it? undecided
Re: ... by xynerise: 1:02pm On Jul 25, 2013
ItsModella: huh? is that it? undecided
Chill cool
Re: ... by Dygeasy(m): 1:16pm On Jul 25, 2013
ItsModella: huh? is that it? undecided
Lol... People Are Not Smiling O. cheesycheesy

Baba Anderson Where You At?
Re: ... by xynerise: 1:24pm On Jul 25, 2013
******** ''TB is an infection, primarily in the lungs. It is spread usually from person to person by breathing infected air during close contact'' he continued.

''Abeg shift, you resemble person wey get TB'' said a whispered voice from the crown. He was telling a weird looking girl close to him.

''It is your mother that has TB, fool'' she retorted.

''190, leave this girl alone and stop disturbing the class please'' said a feminine voice from behind.

''All this Nairaland girls sucks'' replied 190, '''thats why I love white girls'' he ended.

'' But TB can remain in an inactive or dormant state for years without causing symptoms or spreading to other people. When the immune system of a patient with dormant TB is weakened, the TB can become active or reactivate and cause infection in the lungs or other part of the body.
The risk factors for acquring TB include close-contact situations, alcohol and IV drug abuse and certain diseases(For example, diabetes, cancer, HIV and occupations like health-care workers)

The most common symptons and signs of TB are fatigue, fever,weight loss, coughing and night sweats''

For about 45 minutes, Prof. Clinic was lecturing on Tuberculosis and some students were already sleeping. Then he asked

''Any question?''

A girl sitting close to Born2fuck was chewing gum ferociously and distubing his hearing when he stood up and asked

''Sir, can bubble gum cause Tuberculosis!''

Everyone laughed and those sleeping joined the laughter without knowing what was amusing others.

''No it doesnt. Let me use this opportunity to tell you all about stomach ulcer'' Prof. Clinic said smilling.

''Ooooooh!'' the crowd yelled. Everyone was now angry at Born2fuck for asking such silly question that made the prof to go on with his ''uninteresting'' sermon. Everyone was expecting lectures on sex.

''A student in my class asked me if Bubble gum can cause Stomach ulcer. Bubble gum doesnt cause ulcers, but if you already have a defect in your stomach, it could potentially lead to ulcers.

The reason is that you are chewing, making your brain believe that you are eating, sending a signal down to your gut to send acid to your stomach. If there is nothing for the acid to ''eat'', it will just attack your stomach lining, causing an ulcer. This does not always happen and could only be a problem if you already have a defect with your stomach''
he said.

''Any other question?'' Prof asked

''No!!!!!!'' the crowd screamed.

2 Likes

Re: ... by xynerise: 2:09pm On Jul 25, 2013
*******The seminar came to an end and everyone went back to their respective hostels.

Chaircover, Sissy and Kathyekiti were walking back to their hostels when a voice from behind called

''Hey! Pretty damsels? Where are you girls heading to? Pslm23 asked.

Chaircover, Sissy and Dominique are what they call ''health gurus'' in Nairaland University as they always stand out from the crowd of Health department. They have less time for guys as they claimed they are married to their books.

''Excuse me! Who are you calling?'' Chaircover replied.

''Take it easy na, no be fight'' Pslm28 said smilling.

''Please, can you just go back to your hostel? You are disturbing us'' Sissy added.

''Una no even fine sef, see as una get muscle like man'' Pslm28 said angrily.

''I think you are schizophrenic and I recommend you see a psychotherapist right away, fool!'' Chaircover retorted.

''No just cause me o'' Pslm23 replied

The three girls ignored him and walked away

****End of Chapter 10**** cool

1 Like

Re: ... by Dygeasy(m): 2:40pm On Jul 25, 2013
Next Chapter Loading!!!

Eze Promoe, Are You Tagging Along?

Where's Ishilove?

MrBrownJay, Where You At?
Re: ... by chistar01(m): 3:04pm On Jul 25, 2013
Hmmm... Nairaland - a story
Re: ... by princesa(f): 5:27pm On Jul 25, 2013
nice smiley
Re: ... by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 25, 2013
Nice one smiley smiley
Re: ... by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 25, 2013
Nice one smiley
Re: ... by Ishilove: 7:42pm On Jul 25, 2013
Dygeasy: Next Chapter Loading!!!

Where's Ishilove?

Geasy, can you reschedule my slot? I'm at the middle of a very busy season at my workplace. sad
Re: ... by Ishilove: 7:49pm On Jul 25, 2013
Nice job, xynerise
Re: ... by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:49pm On Jul 25, 2013
Ishilove:
Geasy, can you reschedule my slot? I'm at the middle of a very busy season at my workplace. sad
Oh boy.
Re: ... by EzePromoe: 8:53pm On Jul 25, 2013
Dygeasy: Next Chapter Loading!!!

Where's Ishilove?

Am I not suppose to update next Monday
Re: ... by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:17pm On Jul 25, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Am I not suppose to update next Monday
today Plomoe.
Re: ... by EzePromoe: 9:29pm On Jul 25, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: today Plomoe.

That's impossible sad
Re: ... by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:38pm On Jul 25, 2013
Eze Promoe:
That's impossible sad
ok, lemme go and shleep. sad
Re: ... by EzePromoe: 9:50pm On Jul 25, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: ok, lemme go and shleep. sad

Please don't. I'll be lonely sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (23) (Reply)

Olaokun Soyinka Writes Tonye Cole Over Airplane Seat Saga Of Wole Soyinka / Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) / Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege At Stanel World Awka. Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.