Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! (51683 Views)

See What Barr.lawrencia Uzoamaka Wore To Gbenga Aruleba's Focus Nigeria On AIT / Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. / Where Is Gbenga Aruleba? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by emeckarsaybros: 12:55pm On Jul 14, 2013
His boss has done him a good.the best way to big time is when u work for yourslf.Gbenga my guy brace up & mooove up.this is the time.
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by jhydebaba(m): 12:56pm On Jul 14, 2013
One man business: hire and fire.
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by Sheriffc(m): 12:57pm On Jul 14, 2013
I don't think Chief Dokpesi would have sacked him without pressure from outside AIT. Gbenga Aruleba became a thorn in the flesh of corrupt and inept government at the centre. According to this story in 2009 http://m.modernghana.com/mobile/254030/1/how-sss-pressured-ait-owner-dokpesi-to-sack-gbenga.html via huhuonline, he would have been sacked but Chief Dokpesi diplomatically saved him. Let wait to hear from Gbenga Aruleba and Imoni. The hand of the FEDERAL govt of Mr GEJ and his dirty-mouthed Information minister will surely be the found at Chief Dokpes' back if we look well.

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by Ekans: 1:00pm On Jul 14, 2013
I strongly doubt this story,but,if it is true then journalism in nigeria has truelly gone to the Dogs.No journalist should be censored unnecessarily,if that were the case worldwide,people like Amanpour would be in other vocations.Just hope the OP is wrong.
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by Emmysteve(m): 1:01pm On Jul 14, 2013
ode remo: no one is in disposable, even gbenga can be replaced.all being said ait is a yesterday station, the guy need to move on to better place.
Can you list any gud presenter that can replace Gbenga?...... remove imoni, Gbenga and Ehiedu Anyawu and nothing wul be left of AIT

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by nurus: 1:07pm On Jul 14, 2013
Soni Akoji wrote:
I just heard with one ear, that AIT/Raypower is in financial crisis! The Chairman, High Chief Raymond Dokpesi has sacked Gbenga Aruleba, the anchor of 'Matters Arising' and Imoni Amarere, your darling and anchor of 'Political Platform.' Out of annoyance Kunle Adewale has thrown in his resignation.

All the staffs of the media outfit are been owed one year salaries and unpaid allowances, so I heard with one ear as usual!

I am unable to tag my friends Babasola Kuti, Gbenga Aruleba and Imoni Amarere because I am posting this update with my backup 'Kpalasa Chinko' phone. Can any member of the Ossussu Ministry who is a mutual friend tag them so that we can have their takes on this torey wor-wor quickly, on the ensuing thread!

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by Wadosky(m): 1:08pm On Jul 14, 2013
No man is indispensable, soldier go soldier come.

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by Praiza: 1:08pm On Jul 14, 2013
He's sure gonna get a better job with a better pay elsewhere...
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 14, 2013
Why na. He was doing his job. undecidedWhy na. He was doing his job.
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by Policewoman(f): 1:08pm On Jul 14, 2013
etunoman76: Just read on my FB timeline that Chief Raymond Dokpesi, owner of AIT, has sacked ace presenter, Gbenga Aruleba for interviewing rights activist on Al Mustapha's release. More info later
LINK PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 14, 2013
Ajibel: I read this in Nigeria of our dreams- a group pn FB...so shocking
oops u a member in d@ group bro ,kul, so am i
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by motobid(m): 1:09pm On Jul 14, 2013
Long overdue. He supposed to have been sacked since 2007. He was engaged by dokpesi to insult, rubbish n poopoo obj and dat had been done by him, so i wonder what he was still doing after obj had left. This is to let us all know that there is nothing like press freedom in nigeria. NTA will always support govt. while AIT will always support its owner n his goons. Nigerians God will deliver us from big men n journalist. Aruleba is a rich man, he has made money from corrupt politicians, so cry not for him. Peace
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by slap1(m): 1:09pm On Jul 14, 2013
These yeye 'Big Men' sef. If you hire professionals to do a job, give them space to do it, for goodness sake! Hot FM Owerri once cut-off it's owner, Sen. Chris Anyanwu's call, for using more time than alloted to her during a phone-in programme.
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 14, 2013
I read on the other thread that Gbenga was trying to link the release of Al Mustapha to the 2015 elections. I dont understand why everything done in Nigeria should now be related to 2015 elections, just because GEJ appears to be interested in seeking re-election.

There's crisis in Rivers State House of Assembly, its because of 2015. But before the crisis in Rivers State House of Assembly, there has been similar crisis in Adamawa andKogi. Were those also becauseof 2015?

There is crisis in the Nigeria Governors Forum, its because of 2015.

The president flagged off construction of Lagos-Ibadan road, its because of 2015

Preliminary works on the Second Niger Bridge begins, its because of 2015

Jonathan flags off construction of Enugu Airport international terminal, its 2015.

Al Mustapha was discharged and acquitted by the judiciary,its because of 2015. But this same judiciary convicted him earlier.

The govt sets up Boko Haram amnesty committee, its because of 2015

The govt declares State of Emergency in 3 states, its because of 2015

In fact, these days if the president raises his hands, its because of 2015. If he puts down his hands, its because of 2015.

Its getting boring. Maybe everything should now standstill as we approach an election that is still about 2yrs away. Even if the president and his govt standstill, vultures will still find away of linking it to 2015.

I think these vultures should be told that LIFE is much more than elections. Nigerians are not interested in holding elections everyday. What they want is good roads, stable power, good health care, portable water supply, efficient rail transport system, an efficient aviation sector, jobs and more jobs,etc

I love Gbenga Arulegba and his programme, Focus Nigeriabut I think in recent months he's been taking sides with his ACN brothers in the southwest. Even on the ongoing Rivers crisis, Gbenga has not hidden the fact that he is taking sides with Amaechi.

The case of Gbenga is just like Punch newspaper, which used to be a very powerful medium but fell when post-2011, it became ACN mouth-piece.

Imoni Amarere is also a very brilliant journalist who I respect alot. Post 2011 elections, he became un-repentantly anti-Jonathan. I noticed recently that he has since soft-peddled on his anti-Jonathan stance. He's been presenting 90minutes, aprogramme where public office holders account for their stewardship. So far, some federal ministers have appeared on the programme.

Notwithstanding, the bias of Gbenga and Imoni, I still loved to watch their programmes. I will surely miss them, if truely they were sacked. They are fantastic journalists.

7 Likes

Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by ATMCARD2(m): 1:11pm On Jul 14, 2013
etunoman76: Just read on my FB timeline that Chief Raymond Dokpesi, owner of AIT, has sacked ace presenter, Gbenga Aruleba for interviewing rights activist on Al Mustapha's release. More info later
.Ma best presenter on AIT.If dis is true,then AIT is.......
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by Policewoman(f): 1:12pm On Jul 14, 2013
Una sure say de don sack am Make una check well o!
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by 2fine2fast(m): 1:12pm On Jul 14, 2013
Their loss, others gain.
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by Emmysteve(m): 1:17pm On Jul 14, 2013
motobid: Long overdue. He supposed to have been sacked since 2007. He was engaged by dokpesi to insult, rubbish n poopoo obj and dat had been done by him, so i wonder what he was still doing after obj had left. This is to let us all know that there is nothing like press freedom in nigeria. NTA will always support govt. while AIT will always support its owner n his goons. Nigerians God will deliver us from big men n journalist. Aruleba is a rich man, he has made money from corrupt politicians, so cry not for him. Peace
what is your point exactly?
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 14, 2013
This is bullshite!
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by oubi: 1:23pm On Jul 14, 2013
[size=18pt]@ moderator: you left a thread that has a more comprehensive story and brought this one to the front page.

I think you are worse than dokpesi
[/size]

If you like sack me, I don't care

6 Likes

Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by SaintChukz(m): 1:24pm On Jul 14, 2013
Mods....PLEASE STICK THIS THREAD ON THE HOMEPAGE for like a few hours...http://www.nairaland.com/1342473/nairalander-needs-least-500-votes#16544449 Thanks...!
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by Sike(m): 1:27pm On Jul 14, 2013
martindgre: One man business
what'd you expect.
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 14, 2013
Other TV stations will take him Asap.
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 14, 2013
demelza: I am only surprised that in this age, there are people watching AIT.

Not everyone likes watching only E! And cartoon network like you.

4 Likes

Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by Mudash(m): 1:27pm On Jul 14, 2013
Al-mustapha And Press Freedom: AIT Boss,
Dokpesi Sack 2 Senior Editorial Staff, Imoni &
Aruleba
The Chairman of AIT, Dr Raymond Aleogho
Dokpesi sacked two senior editorial staff,
Gbenga Aruleba and Imoni Amarere over the
interview of Mr. Richard Akinnola, frontline
social critic and human rights activist with
Aruleba on AIT two days ago on the acquittal
of Major Hamza Al Mustapha where Mr.
Akinnola strongly condemned the ‘miscarriage
of justice’ of the judgment as a political
judgment to pacify the North ahead of 2015
general elections.
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by Kenny4lyfe(m): 1:32pm On Jul 14, 2013
Something tells me this isn't TRUE!
I'll just wait till 2:00pm tomorrow and see if Gbenga will present Focus Nigeria or not, same for Amarere Imoni's Matters Arising! And IF THIS FALSEHOOD IS CONFIRMED @OP you'll have ME to answer to!
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by duality(m): 1:33pm On Jul 14, 2013
Reminds me of Deji Badamosi of Channels. BTW, Where is the Deji guy?
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by werepeLeri: 1:35pm On Jul 14, 2013
Some people talk from their butt hole. How can one man's sack lead to the collapse of a world class conglomerate?

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 14, 2013
werepeLeri: Some people talk from their butt hole. How can one man's sack lead to the collapse of a world class conglomerate?

When did the AIT become a world class conglomerate? You must be joking grin

2 Likes

Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by ifihearam: 1:42pm On Jul 14, 2013
werepeLeri: Some people talk from their butt hole. How can one man's sack lead to the collapse of a world class conglomerate?

My guy apart from live broadcast of events,gbenga is the other reason most people tune in to AIT,his programme "focus Nigeria" is the best ever to watch.
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by duality(m): 1:42pm On Jul 14, 2013
J12:

When did the AIT become a world class conglomerate? You must be joking grin

AIT should be the second largest TV broadcast organisation after NTA
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 14, 2013
ifihearam:

My guy apart from live broadcast of events,gbenga is the other reason most people tune in to AIT,his programme "focus Nigeria" is the best ever to watch.
Yes, I agree with you. But dont forget that Gbenga was nobody until Dopkesi brought him in to anchor Focus Nigeria. I dont support his sack but he is not indispensable.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Breakdown Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Jewelry Forfeited To FG / A Soldier In Borno Celebrates His Birthday With Bread As Cake (Photos) / Presidency Justifies Sowore's Rearrest, Says He's Person Of Interest To DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.