Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,171 members, 7,953,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:22 PM

Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! (51841 Views)

See What Barr.lawrencia Uzoamaka Wore To Gbenga Aruleba's Focus Nigeria On AIT / Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. / Where Is Gbenga Aruleba? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by bidis: 1:48pm On Jul 14, 2013
call 07063325533 for past questions and ans on dragnet past questions and answers on oil companies
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by RICHIEBOI1(m): 1:49pm On Jul 14, 2013
How sad sad
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by phapi(m): 1:51pm On Jul 14, 2013
If diz news is in any way true den I see AIT @ d verge of folding up, Gbenga is much modan competent and DOKPOSI himself knws he is

DOKPOSI stop d hating, diz guy r promoting ya name and brand not demselves
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by lekkie073(m): 1:51pm On Jul 14, 2013
so , what should we do? reinstate him? angry
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by gbadexy(m): 1:51pm On Jul 14, 2013
duality: Reminds me of Deji Badamosi of Channels. BTW, Where is the Deji guy?
Yea, where is the guy.
If those guys were sacked nothing would happen.
I like them but only God is irreplaceable. Younger guys hungry for success and under studying them would do good jobs too.
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by luggy(m): 1:52pm On Jul 14, 2013
Dukpesi make a very big mistake, by sacking gbenga , he would have caution him, than asking him to quite, know who is going to complete the AIT project , by setting the station in all the 36states of the federation, in my state imo , ware yet to receive AIT station, meanwhile it is only one TV station is working in imo, orient tv station. May God have mercy wi imo light.
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by Johnbelovd: 1:57pm On Jul 14, 2013
AIT? Ha, i dont know the station is still existing.
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by WildChild00(m): 1:58pm On Jul 14, 2013
High Chief Raymond Dokpesi, you're wrong this time around, i.e. If this news is anything to reckon with.
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by canalily(m): 2:01pm On Jul 14, 2013
Unbelivable! DAAR NO 1 CASTER! oh! I lyk dat man on kakaki. Well Dokpesi go surely call him back if not he'l count blank pages on AIT
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by Chartey(m): 2:01pm On Jul 14, 2013
Maidoki14: Eiya dats too bad of d chaiman.i beliv channels will employ him soon.
Nope. Channels employ presenters who speak well.
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by Desric(m): 2:06pm On Jul 14, 2013
Who brought this fake story, and how did it get here?
Were they sacked only on Nairaland?
I think such joke is too expensive and the poster should arrested immediately.
This is a public media for God's sake and people carry whatever news they get here as true.
Please let try and be cautious, at least make this forum a credible one
I am so disappointed especially coming from this careless irresponsible acts of our youths.
What is Nigeria turning into for crying out loud?
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by dlight1(m): 2:06pm On Jul 14, 2013
demelza: I am only surprised that in this age, there are people watching AIT.
abi o. I wonder why AIT is so highly rated, well I guess it's because Nigeria doesn't have stations that are worthwhile
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by 2goodbobo(m): 2:09pm On Jul 14, 2013
He has the flair and will surely get another offer.
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 14, 2013
I doubt, d chairman hardly get involve with their job
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by Sattors(m): 2:11pm On Jul 14, 2013
Afam4eva: He was one of the backbone of AIT. I wonder why they sacked him or was he the one that resigned?
Cant u read?
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by Reference(m): 2:13pm On Jul 14, 2013
After risking his life repeatedly this is it. Surely a broadcast apology would have been in order but I guess the puppet masters will have none of it. If its true then there's no reason to watch AIT anymore. Pity.
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by calaharry: 2:15pm On Jul 14, 2013
Gbenga Aruleba,and d likes of Imoni,Ehiedu are irokos in Nigeria journalism like Amanpour, Andersson of CNN using their platform to objectively project d will of the majority. We certainly cannot do without them, d cabinet convene an emergency session this evening to recall this nation builders and heroes of our time .
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by Willywilly6: 2:18pm On Jul 14, 2013
Good sack, Yorubas thought they are the owner of AIT, Thank you Chief R Dokpesi, Yoruba propaganda means has been stop,
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by Lawalemi(m): 2:20pm On Jul 14, 2013
martindgre: One man business
As if I don't have share in the company! But Dokpesi once stated that he would hand over the company to investors, how come he is still dominating it?
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by Emmy9ite(m): 2:26pm On Jul 14, 2013
Lessons learnt;
*No one is indispensable
*Greater opportunities present themselves in hard times.
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by Jeffoo(m): 2:29pm On Jul 14, 2013
I like bros.... smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by Jonwesley(m): 2:34pm On Jul 14, 2013
I won't be surprised to see DSTV adding a political platform on their stable targeted at the Nigerian state with the Duo as anchors. Quote me. Those guys are damn good just that our system is not good for them. When shall we see constructive criticisms and welcome or love it.
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by brixton: 2:34pm On Jul 14, 2013
Sattors:
Cant u read?

Lol
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by cycline404(m): 2:39pm On Jul 14, 2013
My Dad use to like that guys programme nation matter arrising! 9AM... Sorry Gbenga try Chanels
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by mrmiyagi2: 2:41pm On Jul 14, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I read on the other thread that Gbenga was trying to link the release of Al Mustapha to the 2015 elections. I dont understand why everything done in Nigeria should now be related to 2015 elections, just because GEJ appears to be interested in seeking re-election.

There's crisis in Rivers State House of Assembly, its because of 2015. But before the crisis in Rivers State House of Assembly, there has been similar crisis in Adamawa andKogi. Were those also becauseof 2015?

There is crisis in the Nigeria Governors Forum, its because of 2015.

The president flagged off construction of Lagos-Ibadan road, its because of 2015

Preliminary works on the Second Niger Bridge begins, its because of 2015

Jonathan flags off construction of Enugu Airport international terminal, its 2015.

Al Mustapha was discharged and acquitted by the judiciary,its because of 2015. But this same judiciary convicted him earlier.

The govt sets up Boko Haram amnesty committee, its because of 2015

The govt declares State of Emergency in 3 states, its because of 2015

In fact, these days if the president raises his hands, its because of 2015. If he puts down his hands, its because of 2015.

Its getting boring. Maybe everything should now standstill as we approach an election that is still about 2yrs away. Even if the president and his govt standstill, vultures will still find away of linking it to 2015.

I think these vultures should be told that LIFE is much more than elections. Nigerians are not interested in holding elections everyday. What they want is good roads, stable power, good health care, portable water supply, efficient rail transport system, an efficient aviation sector, jobs and more jobs,etc

I love Gbenga Arulegba and his programme, Focus Nigeriabut I think in recent months he's been taking sides with his ACN brothers in the southwest. Even on the ongoing Rivers crisis, Gbenga has not hidden the fact that he is taking sides with Amaechi.

The case of Gbenga is just like Punch newspaper, which used to be a very powerful medium but fell when post-2011, it became ACN mouth-piece.

Imoni Amarere is also a very brilliant journalist who I respect alot. Post 2011 elections, he became un-repentantly anti-Jonathan. I noticed recently that he has since soft-peddled on his anti-Jonathan stance. He's been presenting 90minutes, aprogramme where public office holders account for their stewardship. So far, some federal ministers have appeared on the programme.

Notwithstanding, the bias of Gbenga and Imoni, I still loved to watch their programmes. I will surely miss them, if truely they were sacked. They are fantastic journalists.
Reminds me of the coverage of the HOR debate on the Rivers state assembly fight . Focus Nigeria deliberately cut out the Dissenting remarks made by two HOR members from rivers state and only aired those clamoring for the removal of the com of police. This was quite shameful as AIT continued in this line of reporting throughout the saga.
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by eprof: 2:42pm On Jul 14, 2013
On the Gbenga Aruleba issue.. I will encourage Commentors to GET details before running their mouth. As a journalist ur not supposed to play partisan politics or report biased news or join gangs with any faction in politics...

What I learnt is that:
Gbenga Aruleba brought a social critic,One Mr Akinnola, on his programme. The social critic took his time to insult the government particularly on the news of the release of Al-Mustapha. The man even said Al-mustapha was released to get Northern sympathy in 2015.. Unfortunately, Aruleba didn't control the critic.

Dokpesi didn't like the show considering the effect that will have on AIT reputation.

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by miqos02(m): 2:44pm On Jul 14, 2013
Desric: Who brought this fake story, and how did it get here?
Were they sacked only on Nairaland?
I think such joke is too expensive and the poster should arrested immediately.
This is a public media for God's sake and people carry whatever news they get here as true.
Please let try and be cautious, at least make this forum a credible one
I am so disappointed especially coming from this careless irresponsible acts of our youths.
What is Nigeria turning into for crying out loud?
it might be true, because ait announced new mgt appointments without gbenga and imoni
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by Ninilowo(m): 2:45pm On Jul 14, 2013
AIT has written Aruleba and Amarere's CVs without knowing it. Am sure Adebayo Bodunrin will move with the duo. Welcome to TVC Gbenga and Amarere.
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by ujoinme: 2:46pm On Jul 14, 2013
IF THEY ARE GOOD PRESENTERS THEN CHANNELS SHOULD PICK THE UP FOR EMPLOYMENT.[b][/b]
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by Nuzo1(m): 2:49pm On Jul 14, 2013
Is Gbenga not that same guy who not only talks like he sniffs a full bucket of snuff but also chooses sides on Focus Nigeria even tho he's suppose to be an anchor and moderator?

As much as we all know Dopkesi runs AIT like a private garden, Gbenga is one of the most partial anchor I've had to listen to. His good sides are wonderful tho.

Just like how Gbenga was a nobody before he came to AIT and made name for himself....so are 100s of young smart men who will do better if given the same platform.

We are Nigerians, his name will be history in less than a month.

And for the records, there's no such thing as absolute freedom of speech. Amampour, Oriely and co for the most part play to the tunes of their paymasters.
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by Chibuike347: 2:57pm On Jul 14, 2013
I believe he is a professional he wil find anoda job
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 14, 2013
Anything wrong with the interview? Is he not a jornalist. May God help him to be employed some where.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Adjournment: Why Nnamdi Kanu Was Absent In Court / PHOTO: Lekki Bank Robbery Suspects Paraded / Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.