Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,709 members, 7,831,215 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. (517681 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (66) (Go Down)

Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 12:07pm On Sep 12, 2013
effisyman:

i don't have anyone in the states.

what other altrnatives?

i have the financial power.

If you have a lot of financial power, you could try an investor visa...

To qualify as an immigrant investor, a foreign national must invest, without borrowing, the following minimum qualifying capital dollar amounts in a qualifying commercial enterprise:

$1,000,000 (U.S.); or
$500,000 (U.S.) in a high-unemployment or rural area, considered a targeted employment area.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_5780.html for more information.

1 Like

Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 12:07pm On Sep 12, 2013
effisyman:

15th and 16 oct are the likely dates for the Eid celebration.

Thank you so much! Good to know. smiley
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 12:08pm On Sep 12, 2013
Melson1: thanks sir,pls sir i want to know what will be done in the previous visa application [Ds-160]he mistakenly indicated his brother as a friend although he was denied base on Section 214,now he has applied again he want to visit his brother,if he indicate that same name as sibling,hope there will no problem on his interview,or should he ask the V.O for the correction of the former one,pls Sir your advice is needed

I think I already answered this. He can't correct a previous application; he should just tell the truth at his next application. If the officer asks, he can explain at that time.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by joechima: 1:18pm On Sep 12, 2013
Visa officer Sir,my wife is a USC citizen and she is about to petition an I 130 for me but she just started working a month ago part time Can she do the support alone when the times comes or still needs a sponsor,Thank u sir
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Obatide(m): 2:21pm On Sep 12, 2013
VisaOfficer:

At the time of the interview, the baby will need a passport, visa photos, DS-230, birth certificate, and medical report.

Visa Officer, kindly clarify these Pls:
1. will the baby pay the $330 Visa fee?
2. I learnt DS-230 has been replaced by an online type, will d baby use the new online type or the conventional type which the parents submitted?

Thanks ahead
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 2:40pm On Sep 12, 2013
joechima: Visa officer Sir,my wife is a USC citizen and she is about to petition an I 130 for me but she just started working a month ago part time Can she do the support alone when the times comes or still needs a sponsor,Thank u sir

She will need a joint sponsor. Good luck!
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by joechima: 2:43pm On Sep 12, 2013
Kk. Thank u Sir
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 2:49pm On Sep 12, 2013
Obatide:

Visa Officer, kindly clarify these Pls:
1. will the baby pay the $330 Visa fee?
2. I learnt DS-230 has been replaced by an online type, will d baby use the new online type or the conventional type which the parents submitted?

Thanks ahead

Someone will need to pay the visa fee for the baby, yes. The DS-230s are now obsolete, so the baby will need a DS-260. KCC will send you all the necessary information. Good luck!
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by AJEGBINJEKARAUN(m): 4:35pm On Sep 12, 2013
Hi V.O, I am 30yrs old, my case is with NVC and PD is feb.2012 preference category(F1). My issue is, I have a 10 months old kid with my girlfriend... Now my girlfriend is feeling insecure,thinkin that once I leave for america, I will forget about her.... So, her family members also want us to marry before I leave in order to prove my love and devotion to her.... If I marry, I will be converted to F3 for which the wait is even 4 more years and I cant wait for that... if I marry her hide it from consulate and they discover I'm married during interview, I could face possible life ban... I'm not plannig any marriage now, trying not hide anything from U.S govt. and I want to be straight forward. Dont even know how to explain it to my dad and my step mum over there... So just confused!
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Ralphlauren(m): 4:41pm On Sep 12, 2013
AJEGBINJEKARAUN: Hi V.O, I am 30yrs old, my case is with NVC and PD is feb.2012 preference category(F1). My issue is, I have a 10 months old kid with my girlfriend... Now my girlfriend is feeling insecure,thinkin that once I leave for america, I will forget about her.... So, her family members also want us to marry before I leave in order to prove my love and devotion to her.... If I marry, I will be converted to F3 for which the wait is even 4 more years and I cant wait for that... if I marry her hide it from consulate and they discover I'm married during interview, I could face possible life ban... I'm not plannig any marriage now, trying not hide anything from U.S govt. and I want to be straight forward. Dont even know how to explain it to my dad and my step mum over there... So just confused!

do NOT let anyone force you into marriage. you have to explain the scenario to them. they either accept it and wait or they can look for someone else for their daughter.

she has played a major card by having a baby for you, so what else does she need as proof of ties with you? when you have your settlement visa sorted and 'at hand', you can take her to the registry and put a ring on her finger.

1 Like

Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 4:48pm On Sep 12, 2013
AJEGBINJEKARAUN: Hi V.O, I am 30yrs old, my case is with NVC and PD is feb.2012 preference category(F1). My issue is, I have a 10 months old kid with my girlfriend... Now my girlfriend is feeling insecure,thinkin that once I leave for america, I will forget about her.... So, her family members also want us to marry before I leave in order to prove my love and devotion to her.... If I marry, I will be converted to F3 for which the wait is even 4 more years and I cant wait for that... if I marry her hide it from consulate and they discover I'm married during interview, I could face possible life ban... I'm not plannig any marriage now, trying not hide anything from U.S govt. and I want to be straight forward. Dont even know how to explain it to my dad and my step mum over there... So just confused!

Sounds like you know all the visa facts. What you do now is up to you...
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 4:50pm On Sep 12, 2013
Ralphlauren:

do NOT let anyone force you into marriage. you have to explain the scenario to them. they either accept it and wait or they can look for someone else for their daughter.

she has played a major card by having a baby for you, so what else does she need as proof of ties with you? when you have your settlement visa sorted and 'at hand', you can take her to the registry and put a ring on her finger.

It's not a good idea to get the F1 visa, then get married before you travel. The F1 visa is for unmarried people only; using it to travel when you're married is, technically, immigration fraud. You can be refused entry at the airport and sent back to your home country, or be denied naturalization because technically you adjusted status through fraud.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Godsspeed: 6:31pm On Sep 12, 2013
VisaOfficer:

Either way is fine. Technically you were born in the city of Lagos, so your answer is perfectly appropriate.

Best of luck!
Thank you very much! I really appreciate!

1 Like

Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by AJEGBINJEKARAUN(m): 6:41pm On Sep 12, 2013
Ralphlauren:

tanx bro
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by AJEGBINJEKARAUN(m): 6:45pm On Sep 12, 2013
VisaOfficer:

Sounds like you know all the visa facts. What you do now is up to you...
yeah i know... Just feel like sharing it here. Tanx
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by G2Glory(m): 6:59pm On Sep 12, 2013
Hi Visa-Officer,

I need your guidance and advice for a leaglly married Female DV2014 selectee that just had a new baby in August and already received 2NL from KCC for interview in october 2013. Based on the letter from KCC, this was stated ("The Kentucky Consular Center has completed the processing of your case and forwarded it to the interviewing office. Further inquiries should be addressed to the interviewing office listed above. When communicating with the Embassy/Consulate either by telephone or letter, always refer to your name and case number exactly as they appear below.If any documents are listed below as incomplete, please present the completed documents at the time of interview".

The selectee desires to inform embassy ahead of time & include the new baby as part of the beneficiaries. Please how do we contact the embassy & what information she needs to provide. The contact address provided in the letter was postal address (EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES, VISA UNIT,2 ELEKE CRESCENT,PO BOX 554,LAGOS,NIGERIA).
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Xavier1976(m): 10:26pm On Sep 12, 2013
Hello Visa Officer,

I have a friend being sponsored(immigration) by his dad, he has been contacted to present all documents which he has done, the problem is the father is expected to file an affidavit of support which requires he also presents the current year tax papers. The father is reluctant to file his tax for 2012 and we suspect he is owing some taxes. Kindly clarify, if the sponsor is owing taxes, does it hindered his ability to be a sponsor? or does it hindered my friend's immigrant application?

Thank you
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Feichi(m): 4:59am On Sep 13, 2013
Hello VO,
I'm glad that someone like you has taken his time to respond to posts on here... I have been denied a Non-immigrant visa for 3 times now. When i went for the interview last November 2012, the lady that interviewed said that my VISA was approved but i will need to go get Supporting Documents that proves i will be returning back to Nigeria after my 2 weeks of visit. I went back after 1 week with supporting documents but the VO denied me visa. She told me reapply and get free supporting documents. By July this year, i reapplied with my dad, i got all desired documents that were needed with my dad including strong ties that indicates our return after the Religious conference we were to attend at Wisconsin by August but to our greatest surprise after spending so much money, we were denied again even though the VO young lady said all our documents were being highlighted on her system. So i will like to ask you why this issue occured and what went wrong with all these. Thanks for your quick response anf God bless you... Shalom
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by justwise(m): 7:30am On Sep 13, 2013
@ Ralphlauren

Please allow VisaOfficer to respond to questions, you can help out in other related threads in this section.

This is strictly for VisaOfficer to respond to people from a professional point of view.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 8:23am On Sep 13, 2013
G2Glory:
Hi Visa-Officer,

I need your guidance and advice for a leaglly married Female DV2014 selectee that just had a new baby in August and already received 2NL from KCC for interview in october 2013. Based on the letter from KCC, this was stated ("The Kentucky Consular Center has completed the processing of your case and forwarded it to the interviewing office. Further inquiries should be addressed to the interviewing office listed above. When communicating with the Embassy/Consulate either by telephone or letter, always refer to your name and case number exactly as they appear below.If any documents are listed below as incomplete, please present the completed documents at the time of interview".

The selectee desires to inform embassy ahead of time & include the new baby as part of the beneficiaries. Please how do we contact the embassy & what information she needs to provide. The contact address provided in the letter was postal address (EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES, VISA UNIT,2 ELEKE CRESCENT,PO BOX 554,LAGOS,NIGERIA).

Applicants can contact us at LagosIV@state.gov. Just have her let us know she's a 2014 winner with a new baby, and we'll tell her how to include the child. smiley
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 8:29am On Sep 13, 2013
Xavier1976: Hello Visa Officer,

I have a friend being sponsored(immigration) by his dad, he has been contacted to present all documents which he has done, the problem is the father is expected to file an affidavit of support which requires he also presents the current year tax papers. The father is reluctant to file his tax for 2012 and we suspect he is owing some taxes. Kindly clarify, if the sponsor is owing taxes, does it hindered his ability to be a sponsor? or does it hindered my friend's immigrant application?

Thank you

I suppose my official answer is Tell him to pay his taxes. My other answer is, If his 2009, 2010, and 2011 tax documents show that he has sufficient income to support the son, I wouldn't bother asking for 2012 tax documents; I'd just process the case.

If the documents presented aren't enough to convince the officer that the son won't become a public charge, they might be asked for a joint sponsor.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 8:32am On Sep 13, 2013
Feichi: Hello VO,
I'm glad that someone like you has taken his time to respond to posts on here... I have been denied a Non-immigrant visa for 3 times now. When i went for the interview last November 2012, the lady that interviewed said that my VISA was approved but i will need to go get Supporting Documents that proves i will be returning back to Nigeria after my 2 weeks of visit. I went back after 1 week with supporting documents but the VO denied me visa. She told me reapply and get free supporting documents. By July this year, i reapplied with my dad, i got all desired documents that were needed with my dad including strong ties that indicates our return after the Religious conference we were to attend at Wisconsin by August but to our greatest surprise after spending so much money, we were denied again even though the VO young lady said all our documents were being highlighted on her system. So i will like to ask you why this issue occured and what went wrong with all these. Thanks for your quick response anf God bless you... Shalom

Shalom gam lecha. I wish I had an answer for you, but I don't. There are a lot of factors involved in a visa decision; there must be some factor in your case that did not convince the officer that you qualified for the visa. As for the fee, you're not paying for a visa, you're paying for the opportunity to have an officer consider your case and make a decision, which is sometimes not the decision that the applicant wants.

Good luck to you in the future!
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by feranmines: 9:11am On Sep 13, 2013
VisaOfficer:

I don't see why you would need to bring your marriage certificate to a non-immigrant visa interview at all. If for any reason the visa officer asks about your marriage, you can explain the situation to him/her at that time. Good luck!

Thanks
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by donkarly(m): 11:58am On Sep 13, 2013
Hello VO,My elder brother who is a business man travelled for the first time to the US on our sister's invitation for holidays last year,he has a 2yr visa.he was stamped to stay 6months at the point of entry,but he stayed 5months and 3 weeks.Now he wants to travel again on sunday to stay like 4months,but he's worried he may be delayed at the airport and asked too many questions for staying that long the first time.please whats your advise and what should he expect?
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by ikjay: 12:09pm On Sep 13, 2013
VisaOfficer:

Greetings! Yes, go ahead and e-mail LagosIV@state.gov, and we'll send you the information on making an appointment, etc. You'll need to submit two copies of the DS-156 and one of the DS-156k.

I can't help you answer the questions on the DS-156. Just fill them out to the best of your ability.

Good luck!

Good Afternoon Sir/ Ma. I have emailed Lagos last night, this is the reply i got; Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Immigrant Visas (Auto Response) Should i resend them another email? Thanks
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Xavier1976(m): 12:51pm On Sep 13, 2013
VisaOfficer:

I suppose my official answer is Tell him to pay his taxes. My other answer is, If his 2009, 2010, and 2011 tax documents show that he has sufficient income to support the son, I wouldn't bother asking for 2012 tax documents; I'd just process the case.

If the documents presented aren't enough to convince the officer that the son won't become a public charge, they might be asked for a joint sponsor.

Thank you so much. This clarifies the issue.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by uist: 1:01pm On Sep 13, 2013
Hi VO, Please help me out with my question, i have applied for B2 visa, and i was denied, then when i fill the form, i my occupation was "Own Business" But right now, i have started my Post graduate program, I want to apply for another B1 visa to attend a conference, what should i fill as my occupation this time, since i am a student now! though my business is still going well, please should fill Worker or Student? please help.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 1:36pm On Sep 13, 2013
i.kjay:

Good Afternoon Sir/ Ma. I have emailed Lagos last night, this is the reply i got; Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Immigrant Visas (Auto Response) Should i resend them another email? Thanks

That is the automatic reply that everyone receives. You should receive a personalized answer soon.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 1:41pm On Sep 13, 2013
uist: Hi VO, Please help me out with my question, i have applied for B2 visa, and i was denied, then when i fill the form, i my occupation was "Own Business" But right now, i have started my Post graduate program, I want to apply for another B1 visa to attend a conference, what should i fill as my occupation this time, since i am a student now! though my business is still going well, please should fill Worker or Student? please help.

You could choose either. I'd say, list your employer and job under "Present Work/Education/Training," then add your education under "Previous Work/Education/Training," but fill in "now" or "ongoing" for the "Date of Attendance To:" field. Either way is fine.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by akintunde95: 1:59pm On Sep 13, 2013
hello Visa Officer pls i realy need help am a 2014 Dv lottery winner i want to send my forms to ds230 and dsp122
KCC and the date of birth in my international
passport is not correct with the original form i fill in
octomber 2012 pls what can i do.......
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Muycom(m): 7:45pm On Sep 13, 2013
Well done sir, I have my interview today of which my wife was the principal applicant,the VO asked my wife that how long is my elder brother marriage,which she said it has been long and he asked me i said 3 years and to me 3 years is long, secondly,he ask my wife the names of her sisters which out of them there is twins and he said she should show them to him in the marriage pictures which she did but he said they are not identical which is not all twins that are identical. The VO now reschedule us for next week and that we should bring other evidences of our marriage, but it was my name that was written on the NYSC certificate of my spouse and he didnt give my spouse her original document and the pictures he collected from her, pls sir what does this mean and want can we do to this;your reply is highly needed,thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (66)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.