Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. - Travel (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. (517635 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (66) (Go Down)

Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by donkarly(m): 8:01pm On Sep 13, 2013
Hello VO,My elder brother who is a business man travelled for the first time to the US on our sister's invitation for holidays last year,he has a 2yr visa.he was stamped to stay 6months at the point of entry,but he stayed 5months and 3 weeks.Now he wants to travel again on sunday to stay like 4months,but he's worried he may be delayed at the airport and asked too many questions for staying that long the first time.please whats your advise and what should he expect?
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by steviebII: 5:54am On Sep 14, 2013
hello Mr. VO. Thank you for your insight it has been very helpful.

I am being petitioned by my USC spouse who is unemployed. My spouse is going to use assets for the i-864. I saw your post referring to someone needing 5X the poverty level for the i-864, but the instructions state for a spouse 3X in assets may be used.

My question is: My spouse's assets are over 85,000$ US. This qualifies based on the 3X rule but not the 5X rule. I was under the impression that since the 3X assets have been met, that this will suffice from an officers view.

Will we be forced to obtain a co-sponsor?

Thank you
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by janut: 8:52am On Sep 14, 2013
Hello VO,
I am a DV 2014 winner and my wife is the beneficiary. In my wife's international passport there was a mistake as to her place of birth.Her hometown was used as her place of birth although her hometown is just a few kilometres from her place of birth. In the forms sent to KCC we filled in her actual place of birth instead of the hometown as shown in the international passport. My question is: Will this discrepancy be a challenge or lead to denial ? Regards.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 10:35am On Sep 14, 2013
Hi all - I'll be back Monday to reply to the latest questions. I just learned that Nigeria will not be eligible for the 2015 Diversity Visa program, and I wanted to let you know. This is because the DV program is for countries that have sent fewer than 50,000 immigrants to the U.S. in the past five years, and Nigeria has exceeded that goal with more than 50,000 immigrant visas issued. Details at travel.state.gov.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by valworld: 1:05pm On Sep 14, 2013
Good day! Dear V.O
I wish to find out what KCC means by "Your forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing"
thank you for your usual expertise.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Ddream77: 5:02pm On Sep 14, 2013
Dear V.O, since Nigeria has reached its quota of 50,000..... Will the ban affect dv2014 winners?
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by peaky: 10:07pm On Sep 14, 2013
Sir,
I intend to travel to the US next year April for vacation. My question is this can I apply to the embassy in November this year? Won't it be too early to apply?
Your respond is highly nEeeded sir.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by vtdluv: 10:43pm On Sep 14, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
VisaOfficer: Hi all - I'll be back Monday to reply to the latest questions. I just learned that Nigeria will not be eligible for the 2015 Diversity Visa program, and I wanted to let you know. This is because the DV program is for countries that have sent fewer than 50,000 immigrants to the U.S. in the past five years, and Nigeria has exceeded that goal with more than 50,000 immigrant visas issued. Details at travel.state.gov.

Hello Co,

Hope you had a great weekend?

Please does this exceeded quota affect other type of immigrant visas such as family based, K1 and its likes?

Thanks
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by patricks20: 4:19am On Sep 15, 2013
Pls where and how can I pay USCIS fee in Nigeria?
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Chegal(f): 9:30am On Sep 15, 2013
Hello, would you advice one to file an i-129 after they receive the NOA1 for i-130? Is i-129 truly obsolete? Extends the waiting time for spouses? What does priority date mean? Thanks.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by peaky: 9:31am On Sep 15, 2013
Sir,
I intend to travel for vacation in April 2014 to USA.
Is it not early if I schedule my appointment for november 2013
Please adv
ce me .I need your quick responds sir.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 15, 2013
hello visaofficer, a very close relative of my mum want me to come to america and she said the only way she knows(aside visa lottery) for me to come there is to do a marriage with a foreigner which she said she is going to arrange. But from your earlier post, you adviced that no one should employ that style as it is dangerous. pls i will like you to suggest to me another way she can help so that i can convey it to her in america. she has been living in america for the past 20 yrs and want me to come. i am single and i just finished my university education.thanks
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Delphne(f): 12:35pm On Sep 15, 2013
Hello visa officer my case number is 2014AF00015XXX I would please like to know when I'm likely to go for interview and also can a church based in the US be the affidavit of support for me although I listed the head pastors name..thank you
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by tayoolufolahan: 12:44pm On Sep 15, 2013
Good day Visaofficer, thanks for all you are doing here. Please I have a question its on non immigrant visa. Please kindly help if you can. I am going for a course sponsored by my company a multinational and in my application form I stated that no one is travelling with me even though my husband has paid for his visa fees and intends to travel with me. At the time I submitted my application he didn't have the approval to travel from his executive director. He is a branch manager in one of the banks. I have gotten my visa. Now my husband has the approval to go on leave and has booked his appointment for interview at the embassy. Should he state that am travelling with him in his application form?. He intends to tell the visa officer his purpose of applying for visa is vacation and also accompanying me. I hope my stating no one is travelling with me will not be an issue for him at the embassy. He has never travelled before and he has been with the bank for 6 years. Thank you.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Dainy1(m): 1:17pm On Sep 15, 2013
Pls i ve some qustions. am planing on going to do my master's program. what if i want to remain there after my studies, is it posible?
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by usef83: 1:18pm On Sep 15, 2013
Hi,CO.Now it has been confirmed dat nigeria is not eligible for dv 2015 program...my question is..would there b october selection of mor winners..t
ill I hear from u...tax.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by dugbatgd: 2:00am On Sep 16, 2013
My fiancé and I just got denied a K1 at a West African US Embassy. They gave us a letter stating they are unable to issue a via at this time so we went ahead a got married since I am visiting him and we are both ready. My question is, do we still have to cancel the K1 visa or am we good to file the CR1 and if so how do I cancel the K1? Thank you so much in advance and to the Moderators and Administrators for this forum.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by wakes: 5:09am On Sep 16, 2013
Hello VO, My wife and I have been invited for a conference by a US company- ZIJA INTERNATIONAL taking place in October 9-15. I got a mail yesterday about Visa interview tomorrow - Sept. 17. Please what documents are we supposed to take along for the interview? Also any other advice to enable us pass the interview is highly appreciated! Many thanks in advance. Blessings!
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Suchie(m): 5:33am On Sep 16, 2013
Thanks to VO for your time and you are really doing a good job.I am a 2008 dv Lottery winner and now a U.S Citizen.i appreciate all your efforts in answering peoples questions correctly.Please friends if you are going for your visa interview..dress responsibly,speak good English clearly dont imitate the american accent,Be smart,answer only questions you were asked,be truthful in your answers and all your documents should be real and finally eyeball to eyeball..Try to look at the interviewer straight on the face with a smile ,pls dnt remove your face if you are been interviewed. Sometimes if you are not looking at them when answering questions they think you are not being sincere with your answers or you are lying to them...i wish you all best of luck.Thanks
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 5:49am On Sep 16, 2013
Suchie: Thanks to VO for your time and you are really doing a good job.I am a 2008 dv Lottery winner and now a U.S Citizen.

Congratulations! So tell us, what has it been like? What are your favorite and least favorite things about your new home?
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 7:21am On Sep 16, 2013
akintunde95: hello Visa Officer pls i realy need help am a 2014 Dv lottery winner i want to send my forms to ds230 and dsp122
KCC and the date of birth in my international
passport is not correct with the original form i fill in
octomber 2012 pls what can i do.......

Greetings! Just let KCC know, and you can explain it to us as well when you come for your interview. Good luck!
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 7:23am On Sep 16, 2013
Muycom: Well done sir, I have my interview today of which my wife was the principal applicant,the VO asked my wife that how long is my elder brother marriage,which she said it has been long and he asked me i said 3 years and to me 3 years is long, secondly,he ask my wife the names of her sisters which out of them there is twins and he said she should show them to him in the marriage pictures which she did but he said they are not identical which is not all twins that are identical. The VO now reschedule us for next week and that we should bring other evidences of our marriage, but it was my name that was written on the NYSC certificate of my spouse and he didnt give my spouse her original document and the pictures he collected from her, pls sir what does this mean and want can we do to this;your reply is highly needed,thanks.

All original documents will be returned as long as they are not found to be fraudulent. Just be prepared to remind the interviewing officer that not all twins are identical. If you can show photos over a period of years, that would be helpful. Good luck!
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 7:25am On Sep 16, 2013
donkarly: Hello VO,My elder brother who is a business man travelled for the first time to the US on our sister's invitation for holidays last year,he has a 2yr visa.he was stamped to stay 6months at the point of entry,but he stayed 5months and 3 weeks.Now he wants to travel again on sunday to stay like 4months,but he's worried he may be delayed at the airport and asked too many questions for staying that long the first time.please whats your advise and what should he expect?

Good morning! You brother has probably already traveled by now. He shouldn't have a problem, as he didn't violate the terms of his visa the first time -- although, if he stayed there 5 months and then only came back to Nigeria for a week or so, there might be questions about how he's supporting himself in the U.S. and what he's really doing there. Let us know how it went.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 7:27am On Sep 16, 2013
steviebII: hello Mr. VO. Thank you for your insight it has been very helpful.

I am being petitioned by my USC spouse who is unemployed. My spouse is going to use assets for the i-864. I saw your post referring to someone needing 5X the poverty level for the i-864, but the instructions state for a spouse 3X in assets may be used.

My question is: My spouse's assets are over 85,000$ US. This qualifies based on the 3X rule but not the 5X rule. I was under the impression that since the 3X assets have been met, that this will suffice from an officers view.

Will we be forced to obtain a co-sponsor?

Thank you

Greetings! You will likely be asked to find a co-sponsor, yes. Unless your spouse is independently wealthy, we'll find it odd that he or she is unemployed. And often the assets people tell us they have are not really assets. For instance, a house may be worth $200,000, but the owner may still owe $190,000 on the mortgage, so it's not really a $200,000 asset.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 7:28am On Sep 16, 2013
janut: Hello VO,
I am a DV 2014 winner and my wife is the beneficiary. In my wife's international passport there was a mistake as to her place of birth.Her hometown was used as her place of birth although her hometown is just a few kilometres from her place of birth. In the forms sent to KCC we filled in her actual place of birth instead of the hometown as shown in the international passport. My question is: Will this discrepancy be a challenge or lead to denial ? Regards.

Good morning! No, this shouldn't be a problem. It's a fairly common occurence. Good luck!
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 7:29am On Sep 16, 2013
valworld: Good day! Dear V.O
I wish to find out what KCC means by "Your forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing"
thank you for your usual expertise.

If you're a 2014 winner, it means that they're just waiting to schedule your interview with us. They'll let you know what your appointment date will be. smiley
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 7:30am On Sep 16, 2013
D-dream77:
Dear V.O, since Nigeria has reached its quota of 50,000..... Will the ban affect dv2014 winners?

Greetings! No, no effect on 2014 winners. The 2014 DV season will continue as planned.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 7:33am On Sep 16, 2013
peaky: Sir,
I intend to travel to the US next year April for vacation. My question is this can I apply to the embassy in November this year? Won't it be too early to apply?
Your respond is highly nEeeded sir.

Greetings! The visas are two-year visas, so it won't be too early to apply. On the other hand, if you wait until closer to your travel date, the expiration date will be farther in the future, should you have other opportunities to travel...
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 7:35am On Sep 16, 2013
vtdluv: [color=#006600][/color]
Hello Co,

Hope you had a great weekend?

Please does this exceeded quota affect other type of immigrant visas such as family based, K1 and its likes?

Thanks

Greetings! It affects the other types of immigrant visas only in that we will be able to process more of them. All the time we are now spending on DVs can be spent on more K1 interviews and all the family-based petitions that are filed. It's going to be a very positive change for anyone with a qualifying family member or employer in the United States.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by omgstar(m): 7:35am On Sep 16, 2013
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VisaOfficer: 7:37am On Sep 16, 2013
patricks20: Pls where and how can I pay USCIS fee in Nigeria?

The fee is paid online -- from what I hear, the website only accepts U.S. or international credit/debit cards. The website is http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3a2bb75e8109b310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (66)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.