Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,683 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis (17216 Views)

See What APC Said About Rivers Election (photo) / Soyinka Warns Of Political Shipwreck As APC Leaders Court Obasanjo, Others / Gaddafi Warns About Influx Of Millions Of Blacks Including Nigerians To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by cannonnier(m): 5:02pm On Jul 17, 2013
[quote author=adeyemik]
you
can extract a hippopotamus
from the swamps, but you
cannot take the swamp out
of the hippopotamus

this one directly refer to PEJ BITCH. evrybody knws she is a hippo.
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Elueme: 5:02pm On Jul 17, 2013
Soyinka should guide his actions and utterances. This is a man I once so regarded but gradually losing that spark because of unwholesome inter lopping on matters that are based on perceptions and interest. In the case of Rivers State, Soyinka's inability to read the mood of the people and his lack of understanding that Amaechi is not a saint as he cries wolves has terribly deered a bitter blow on his perception by majority of the swamp deltans( in Soyinka's words) who ironically regarded him in high esteem. This issue is behold GEJ or PEJ but about how a people feel about somebody and Instead of the personality like soyinka to thread with caution and play an arbitrary role, he seems to be taking side. How the mighty fall!!

7 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by omenka(m): 5:02pm On Jul 17, 2013
flybiz08: Maybe Wole Soyinka is getting too old for public utterances. Its obvious that his recent comments have been more political. As most would agree, he has fallen short of a true elder statesman.

When he was reelin out the suposed sins of GMB, and why he deserves no chance at Aso Villa, you guys were so jubilant like some somali refugee kids that had jst been handed bars of chocolate. Now that his utterances don't seem to favour the Hipopotamus family he's become too old to speak in public!! Hmmm, I jst dey laff.

Like he rightly pointed out, only hippos can't tell the difference between the numbers 16 and 19, and, 5 and 27!

Chai,,, what a fairytale union!!
Scumbag + Hippo = ~baby elephant!

See d way her right claws grab d woman shoulder like a lion on a wildebeast in the serengetti!

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by sleekdot(m): 5:02pm On Jul 17, 2013
Prof Soyinka

[size=16pt]Which of the two is the Hippo you are referring to sir?[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by lertee(f): 5:03pm On Jul 17, 2013
So mamaiwatas,manatees and hipopotamis can now serve the purpose of crude oil...interestin
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by ProfSule(m): 5:03pm On Jul 17, 2013
Ride on prof! dats d essence of knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Cmoyor: 5:03pm On Jul 17, 2013
Hmmm... D way wey dis season film dey take go..... I must grab my copy!!!
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 17, 2013
chadef: These figurative speach sound like that of a bricklayer trying to prove how educated he is. I think soyinka shud stay off polictic and stop being sentimental because ameachi is his personal friend.

Bruv, do you want to know why the last paragraph of that article is a classic?

Let me break it down for you: it happened in three layers.

1) "Since beneath the surface of most Nigerian conflicts will be found inordinate greed for public resources, it is perhaps pertinent to remind ourselves that Oil is not the only marvel to emerge from the Delta swamps."

Are you following me and paying attention to details, sir? grin

2) "There are also exotic creatures – mermaids, manatees, even mammy watas and hippopotami."

Are you still following me, sir?

3) "However, unlike crude oil, which can be refined, you can extract a hippopotamus from the swamps, but you cannot take the swamp out of the hippopotamus."

^^^Ouch! - that was the final blow!!! Blam!!!!! grin

Thank me later! wink

18 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by ProfSule(m): 5:05pm On Jul 17, 2013
sleekdot:
Prof Soyinka

Gorilla nd hippo

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:06pm On Jul 17, 2013
You still dey talk?

Stones never do u?

Until dem throw bullet ur mouth no go seal!!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by clubone05: 5:08pm On Jul 17, 2013
ldpele: so so disappointed with the outlined part of it. it shows not decorum. well,she is occupying the sit of the 1st lady n nothing evr1 including wole cn do bouh it
What do u mean sit of the 1st lady...

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 17, 2013
He shld thank God he wasnt stoned to death

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by wwwkaycom(m): 5:13pm On Jul 17, 2013
Very correct Sir, kindly say that again. Yes, Hippopotamus from the Delta. Recall they had no shoes therefore they are bound to misuse the ones that fate, sentiments and gullibility of Nigerians bequeathed on them, "omo aije obe ri ti nwabe saya", mtcheeew!!!

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by na2day(m): 5:13pm On Jul 17, 2013
SLIDE waxie: You still dey talk?

Stones never do u?

Until dem throw bullet ur mouth no go seal!!

Ahahahaaa!
Just like a lout, you all are! grin

The PEN is mightier any day than your stones, thugs and even your bullets! grin

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by luvmijeje(f): 5:17pm On Jul 17, 2013
ShyM-X:

Bruv, do you want to know why the last paragraph of that article is a classic?

Let me break it down for you: it happened in three layers.

1) "Since beneath the surface of most Nigerian conflicts will be found inordinate greed for public resources, it is perhaps pertinent to remind ourselves that Oil is not the only marvel to emerge from the Delta swamps."

Are you following me and paying attention to details, sir? grin

2) "There are also exotic creatures – mermaids, manatees, even mammy watas and hippopotami."

Are you still following me, sir?

3) "However, unlike crude oil, which can be refined, you can extract a hippopotamus from the swamps, but you cannot take the swamp out of the hippopotamus."

^^^Ouch! - that was the final blow!!! Blam!!!!! grin

Thank me later! wink
Eeeeh o! Gosh! Jeez! Prof this is beneath you, she is still the wife to our President.
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 17, 2013
Singing PERSONALLY in Psquare’s voice;

“Haba! Habatically, Grammar! (My reply) na for dictionary.. Saga!(Rivers) she talk say she no wan leave…… I (Wole) go deal with you.. Personally! Persona! Personally!… I go deal with you…. Personally!”

PEJ should think next time before taking a swipe at a world renowned literary icon and a national activist for that matter…

The Pen is mightier than the Sword. A word is enough for the Wise.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by cumpaddre(m): 5:18pm On Jul 17, 2013
Oluwa!!!!! Prof don finish dis woman. Choi!!! See surplex. Hahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Shekson(m): 5:22pm On Jul 17, 2013
JideTheBlogger:

For your mind abi? grin

Madam's figure alone is enough for people to see it as a direct literal statement ooo

I agree. Lollzzz. We all know who the hippopotamus is. Or γ̥ did Soyinka not use anoda analogy instead of hippopotamus which clearly serves as a horsewhip to D̶̲̥̅̊ response from madam at the top.
The saga continues....
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Dee60: 5:23pm On Jul 17, 2013
The ability to prove that 16 is greater than 19 will be recorded as one of oga's unparalleled achievement in his first term in office. It is all a prelude. They are possibly planing to tell the nation that 16 is also greater than 20 come 2015!
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by coastalqueen: 5:24pm On Jul 17, 2013
For the rest, since beneath the surface of most Nigerian conflicts will be found inordinate greed for public resources, it is perhaps pertinent to remind ourselves that Oil is not the only marvel to emerge from the Delta swamps. There are also exotic creatures – mermaids, manatees, even mammy watas and hippopotami. However, unlike crude oil, which can be refined, you can extract a hippopotamus from the swamps, but you cannot take the swamp out of the hippopotamus.

and this is coming from a Nobel price winner? shame on you Soyinka. The man disgusts me.
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by duni04(m): 5:25pm On Jul 17, 2013
Patience should b proud of herself, its not everbody that gets to be yabbed by a nobel laureate. Its a once in a life time privileged smiley

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by drberry(m): 5:31pm On Jul 17, 2013
xandy84: Abeg wetin this guy dey talk nah..? Thank God am among the 5th to comment..

Gbagaun...
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 17, 2013
coastal queen:

and this is coming from a Nobel price winner? shame on you Soyinka. The man disgusts me.

Nah, your spelling skills disgust me!! angry undecided

8 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by duni04(m): 5:33pm On Jul 17, 2013
sleekdot:
Prof Soyinka

Very very easy one there, the one on the right shud b d hippo while the one on the left is the hippos caretaker. That's why he studied zoo, to learn how to take care of that animal he calls a wife and sadly, our first lady

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by plaindealer: 5:34pm On Jul 17, 2013
lol @ Nobel Price winner. Must be related to Mrs Retardiness.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 17, 2013
luvmijeje:
Eeeeh o! Gosh! Jeez! Prof this is beneath you, she is still the wife to our President.

He never alluded to anyone but if the shoe fits, anyone who wants to wear it can. undecided

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 17, 2013
clubone05:
What do u mean sit of the 1st lady...

That is the way we were taught in Otuoke and Okirika Universities..

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by plaindealer: 5:37pm On Jul 17, 2013
WS is clowning this woman seriously.

She goofed seriously. You can not trade words with a wordsmith, not even your Aso Rock writers...

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Xfactoria: 5:37pm On Jul 17, 2013
Prof. Soyinka should shut up already! If he could check facts with Amaechi and not from Amaechi's aide, why didn't he check facts directly with President Jonathan and his wife? When did his romance with anything PDP even start? To the extent he now has unfettered access to "Saint Amaechi". He is a biased judge in this matter, pure and simple!!!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by plaindealer: 5:39pm On Jul 17, 2013
She

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Sayfat(m): 5:42pm On Jul 17, 2013
You can take a woman from the Creek to Aso Rock, but you cannot take the creek out of her.

For you people asking Kongi to keep quiet, he wont.
He did not kept mute during Abacha's reign of terror.
He was at the fore front of the struggle when your 'dear' Jonah was been treated as just ''authority appendage'' by Yar'adua's men.
Why would the Jonah fans forget so soon the 'SAVE NIGERIA GROUP'?
PEJ has pocked a wrong person to fight, she will bear the brunt.

KONGI FIRE ON!!!

7 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by omenka(m): 5:44pm On Jul 17, 2013
ShyM-X:

Nah, your spelling skills disgust me!! angry undecided

U dey mind am

I bet he wouldn't have remembered the Prof is a Nobel Prize winner had he said the Hippoporess is his Virgin Mary alive.

Nonesence and ingridients!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

January 24 Declared Holiday For Eid-el-maulud / Rivers: 9 PDP Governorship Aspirants Reconcile With Wike / R-APC: Wammako, Bindow, Aliero, Goje, Others Fate Uncertain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.