Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,420 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis (17215 Views)

See What APC Said About Rivers Election (photo) / Soyinka Warns Of Political Shipwreck As APC Leaders Court Obasanjo, Others / Gaddafi Warns About Influx Of Millions Of Blacks Including Nigerians To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by ChainBlinger: 6:40pm On Jul 17, 2013
omenka:

I'm suspecting Aniko Briggs and Deizani Alison Madueke! gringringrin
kai! Die-zani? That okpolo-eyed b!tch is too ugly for a mammy-wata.. She's better described as a f'uckin octopus b!tch!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by skyfall: 6:40pm On Jul 17, 2013
Hippo - PEJ aka Gbagaunizer
Mammy Wata - Allison-Madueke
Manatee - Edwin Clark
Mermaid - Ankio Briggs

They're all the same - they've left the creek but the creek has not left them. Steal...steal...steal as much as u can before it finishes. Just like Neanderthals struggling for survival.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Sirnokiopee(m): 6:45pm On Jul 17, 2013
please i want to thank you now... kindly inbox me your account details or better still, your number to receive a token of recharge card. i owe you too much for your analysis thank you and God bless you

ShyM-X:

Bruv, do you want to know why the last paragraph of that article is a classic?

Let me break it down for you: it happened in three layers.

1) "Since beneath the surface of most Nigerian conflicts will be found inordinate greed for public resources, it is perhaps pertinent to remind ourselves that Oil is not the only marvel to emerge from the Delta swamps."

Are you following me and paying attention to details, sir? grin

2) "There are also exotic creatures – mermaids, manatees, even mammy watas and hippopotami."

Are you still following me, sir?

3) "However, unlike crude oil, which can be refined, you can extract a hippopotamus from the swamps, but you cannot take the swamp out of the hippopotamus."

^^^Ouch! - that was the final blow!!! Blam!!!!! grin

Thank me later! wink
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Forwetinnah: 6:49pm On Jul 17, 2013
Nuzo':
I'm happy that Soyinka is among the people championing the true course of democracy in Rivers and Nigeria at large. This time, he seem to be a bit impartial.

I wish he had used this opportunity to quickly find out from Amaechi and Okorocha where they got the powers to sack democratically elected chairmen. Or does democracy only start from federal level?

One more thing sir, no cause for alarm sir, kpata kpata State of Emergency will be decleared.

Deceive thou not thy-self, thou knoweth that it is the ghana-must-go currency that speaketh..not Wole Soyinka. They shalt indeed gather in one way but scatter in a billion ways!! Hippopotamus ko, Crocodile nii
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by ALTRUTH(m): 6:51pm On Jul 17, 2013
Top_Bayo:

Yes...the SS & SE 'joint-venture' agreement votes will coast him effortlessly back to power...

But let him win the PDP primary before he faces the real election.

He will get d PDP ticket. Votes frm SE/SS/MB nd shared votes frm SW will retain d sit 4 him.
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by danny301: 6:53pm On Jul 17, 2013
Sayfat: You can take a woman from the Creek to Aso Rock, but you cannot take the creek out of her.

For you people asking Kongi to keep quiet, he wont.
He did not kept mute during Abacha's reign of terror.
He was at the fore front of the struggle when your 'dear' Jonah was been treated as just ''authority appendage'' by Yar'adua's men.
Why would the Jonah fans forget so soon the 'SAVE NIGERIA GROUP'?
PEJ has pocked a wrong person to fight, she will bear the brunt.

KONGI FIRE ON!!!

That is not enough reason for Soyinka to throw away decorum and be fighting with a woman and referring to her as a Hippopotamus from the swamp, that's too crude; though Patience is another crude individual but two wrongs don't make a right, more-ever she is wife of leader of the country, and that office deserves some respects regardless of how bad the occupant is.................. I have a feeling that old-age is no-longer doing the man any good.......

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 17, 2013
A monkey in tuxedo is a monkey after all.
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Willy1willy: 6:53pm On Jul 17, 2013
flybiz08: Maybe Wole Soyinka is getting too old for public utterances. Its obvious that his recent comments have been more political. As most would agree, he has fallen short of a true elder statesman.
Wole Soyinka need to check into Mental Hospital, he have lost his bearing

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 17, 2013
Willy1willy:
Wole Soyinka need to check into Mental Hospital, he have lost his bearing
when you learn how to construct simple sentences,come again.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by debbleopto: 7:02pm On Jul 17, 2013
KwoiZabo: Soyinka tell us the things the presidential aid told you and the ones Amaechi denied if not we will not belive you. And you've been talking too much lately you better keep quiet and talk occasionally like Emeka Anyaoku if not you will loose the little respect that is remaining.

where were you since 1995 during Abacha period? Soyinka talked more than this and yet gained more respect. And is it madam gaining more respect? IT SHOWS you have been glued to football matches.
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by ALTRUTH(m): 7:02pm On Jul 17, 2013
Wot is remaining is 4 wole soyinka to run inside a market naked and scattering tomatoes. Maybe by den, all beds in yaba left wuld hv bn booked.
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by ALTRUTH(m): 7:05pm On Jul 17, 2013
[quote
author=debbleopto]

where were you since 1995 during Abacha period? Soyinka talked more
than this and yet gained more respect. And is it madam gaining more
respect? IT SHOWS you have been glued to football matches.[/quote]

Shut up! Soyinka has descended so low. Coward trading words wit a woman.
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Willy1willy: 7:05pm On Jul 17, 2013
koonbey: when you learn how to construct simple sentences,come again.
Inasmuch as you understood what i wrote am ok with it, this is the time for Wole Soyinke to do Nigerians favor and check into Mental Hospital
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 17, 2013
Willy1willy:
Inasmuch as you understood what i wrote am ok with it, this is the time for Wole Soyinke to do Nigerians favor and check into Mental Hospital
Okay Sir,he will,after the Hippo has been returned to the Creeks where she belongs.
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by OneGuyLikeDat: 7:10pm On Jul 17, 2013
chadef: These figurative speach sound like that of a bricklayer trying to prove how educated he is. I think soyinka shud stay off polictic and stop being sentimental because ameachi is his personal friend.

Soyinka has been talking about politics long long before you were born. He stood his ground during the military regime too so my friend, u should warn your hippopotamus to respect elders.
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 17, 2013
Gifted4all: what is all dis noise abt rivers crisis?abeg if dem wan die make dem die
the prof shd pls tk it easy na.who cum be swamp abi na hippopotamus for d mata
O boy!! You don't grab? Omo na PEJ.
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 17, 2013
Wole Soyinka does not stop to amaze me. See how he places those formenting trouble in Rivers State, giving names common to their environment. I'm sure, just like the "Village Mourners", those he is refering to won't decipher. Even if they do, it will take sometimes. They should go gather Reuben Abati, Doyin Okupe, Ayo Osinlu, Labaran Maku, Muhammad, Gulak, and their likes.
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by shanktang(m): 7:14pm On Jul 17, 2013
duni04:
Very very easy one there, the one on the right shud b d hippo while the one on the left is the hippos caretaker. That's why he studied zoo, to learn how to take care of that animal he calls a wife and sadly, our first lady

LOL
Very witty, all said and done.
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by soulfood(m): 7:15pm On Jul 17, 2013
you can extract a hippopotamus from the swamps, but you cannot take the swamp out of the hippopotamus. OMG. KNOCK OUT BLOW. UNCLE SOYINKA, WHO IS THE HIPPO YOU IN THIS CONTEXT?
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 17, 2013
ALTRUTH: Wot is remaining is 4 wole soyinka to run inside a market naked and scattering tomatoes. Maybe by den, all beds in yaba left wuld hv bn booked.
i can bet my f.uckin b.alls that you are from the south south, yes or no
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 17, 2013
omenka: Me: Prof, could you be more specific as to the hippo you are refering to??

Wole: Madam at the top..

gringrin
I love that pics of the prof pointing up; refering to the oga/ma'am at the top.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 17, 2013
haba; Wole Soyinka that was too harsh. grin
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by softwareman(m): 7:23pm On Jul 17, 2013
flybiz08: Maybe Wole Soyinka is getting too old for public utterances. Its obvious that his recent comments have been more political. As most would agree, he has fallen short of a true elder statesman.
HE REMAINS ONE OF THE MOST INTERNATIONALLY ACLAIMED STATESMAN TO COME OUT OF AFRICA.
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 17, 2013
When a man ties a string with grains of corn hanging on his waist,he shouldn't be surprised to have hens pecking at his Blokoss
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by Dantedasz(m): 7:26pm On Jul 17, 2013
A full grown hippopotamus has the ability to seperate a mans head from his torso with a single bite from its massive jaws and crude scattered teeth.
As much as I enjoyed this thread and Prof Soyinkas deadly one liner,I think he should watch his back seriously because a hippo....sorry I mean elephant NEVER forgets.
Trust me this woman will have her pound of flesh once this allegory of the hippo is fully explained to her by her special assistants.
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by kenifeh(m): 7:27pm On Jul 17, 2013
This is the state of the Nigeria educational system. People should learn to read and understand before talking anyhow in public forums. Wole Soyinka was referring to the rich resource endowment of the Niger-Delta, and he never called Patience Jonathan a hippopotamus. Read the context in which that statement was made. He was indirectly saying that oil, which is the main issue causing the crises, is not the only rich resource of the region. People should look into the waters for solution, "the kingdom of God is within and around us".
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by ALTRUTH(m): 7:28pm On Jul 17, 2013
software man:
HE REMAINS ONE OF THE MOST INTERNATIONALLY ACLAIMED STATESMAN TO COME OUT OF AFRICA.

Also fast becoming d most mad man in Africa.
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by texazzpete(m): 7:28pm On Jul 17, 2013
ALTRUTH:

Shut up! Soyinka has descended so low. Coward trading words wit a woman.

Sexist, chauvinistic pig to insinuate women are inferior beings!

If you truly believe women are inferior, weaker breed, why take exception to Soyinka's 'domestic appendage' speech?
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by PointB: 7:29pm On Jul 17, 2013
Soyinka has deployed his depth of wisdom; the acme of his professorial and literary sagacity to inform those from the 'Delta swamp' that apart from oil, the other things they are good at producing are mammy watas, manatees, hippopotami, and mermaids. I am very sure the people of 'Delta Swamps' will rejoice exceedingly at this well crafted, apt characterization of themselves by the infallible and erudite Prof. Either that or this sagacious professor just called a woman - someone's mother, a wife, a sister - hippopotami. Either way, since he is a Nobel Laureate, I must harken to say, his is right, just and honorable! He is utterly flawless, and wiser than Solomon!

Please join me in hailing Saint Soyinka!!
Re: Soyinka Warns About Rivers State Crisis by softwareman(m): 7:30pm On Jul 17, 2013
ALTRUTH:

How does describing ur president's wife as a hippo translate to politics U'r as mad as soyinka. Dummy!
THE PROBLEM IS THAT PEJ DOES NOT BEHAVE LIKE A PRESIDENT'S WIFE THAT IS WHY MOST OF US DO NOT TREAT HER AS SHE IS OUR PRESIDENT'S WIFE. IT IS NOT TOO LATE FOR HER HUSBAND TO CALL HER TO ORDER BEFORE THIS EMBARASSMENT STARTS TO AFFECT THE IMAGE OF THE COUNTRY !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

6 Valid Points Why The Next President Of Nigeria Should Be A Woman / Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu, The System Won’t Bow To You! - Thisday / Rivers: 9 PDP Governorship Aspirants Reconcile With Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.