Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,530 members, 7,837,022 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed (18384 Views)

Taliban Shoot 14-Year-Old Pakistani Peace Campaigner / Breaking News - Colonel Gaddafi Captured And Killed (pic) / What Did Chamberlain Do? Anti-obama Campaigner Digs Himself A Hole. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 18, 2013
[quote]LIBREVILLE (AFP) – A gay rights campaigner in Cameroon was found dead in his Yaounde home after being tortured, Human Rights Watch said on Tuesday.

Eric Lembembe’s body was discovered in the capital on Monday and his body showed he had been extensively tortured, the group said in a statement.

“Friends of Lembembe found his body on Monday evening. According to one of his friends his neck was broken and his face, hands and feet were burned with an iron,” the statement said.

The organisation referred to the incident as “murder” and called on the authorities to carry out a “thorough” investigation.

They said Lembembe was found after worried friends had been unable to contact him by phone.

The front door to his house was padlocked on the outside but they could see his body through a window and called the police, who broke down the door.

Lembembe, who was executive director of the Cameroonian AIDS Foundation, was an outspoken advocate of gay rights in a country where homosexuality is punishable by up to five years in prison.

He was a “close associate of HRW”, the group added.

Non-governmental organisations have regularly denounced the arrest and imprisonment of homosexuals in Cameroon, as well as the threats received by those who try to defend their rights.

The latest incident comes just weeks after an arson attack on a charity providing help to homosexuals with HIV.

In October 2012, Michel Togue, a lawyer known for defending homosexuals revealed that he and a fellow lawyer, Alice Nkom, had received death threats. His office had also been burgled and legal papers and a computer stolen

Togue told AFP that he had also received a chilling text message, which read: “Mr Togue, choose which of your children we will turn into a gay like you. Then you will know what defending them brings … and not even the intervention of white gays will save them.”
/quote]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/cameroon-gay-rights-campaigner-tortured-and-killed/

2 Likes

Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jul 18, 2013
He was an agent of the devil; though shouldn't have been killed that way.

5 Likes

Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by UyiIredia(m): 12:04am On Jul 19, 2013
Condemnable. Unfortunately, I doubt the killers will be brought to book.

1 Like

Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by donlawrenzo(m): 12:19am On Jul 19, 2013
rest in peace. na wa for all this homosexuals o, see as fine girls full everywhere them still choose to tidy man with strong body. God forbid. I smh for them

32 Likes

Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by free2ryhme: 12:56am On Jul 19, 2013
he was killed for this negative culture he promotes but it is not an excuse to kill a man .. have they killed all the corrupt leaders in there country

3 Likes

Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by thoth: 1:00am On Jul 19, 2013
donlawrenzo: rest in peace. na wa for all this homosexuals o, see as fine girls full everywhere them still choose to tidy man with strong body. God forbid. I smh for them
i wonder that myself. women are more beautiful these days from what we have back in the days and i don't understand how guys can totally ignore that and go for a fellow man.

4 Likes

Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by kasheemawo(m): 5:03am On Jul 19, 2013
He was served rightly and this should send warning to nigeria gays that this could happen to them.how on earth would i develop feeling for someone with joystick abi where would i put my own nah? SMH like ever before

6 Likes

Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by kkkp: 5:11am On Jul 19, 2013
grin grin grin
kasheemawo: He was served rightly and this should send warning to nigeria gays that this could happen to them.how on earth would i develop feeling for someone with joystick abi where would i put my own nah? SMH like ever before
Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by Brimmie(m): 5:30am On Jul 19, 2013
Maybe We Shld Stone Senator Yerima Too!?? undecided

9 Likes

Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by babadem2much(m): 5:37am On Jul 19, 2013
well, my investigation says his gay 2 gay mate killed him cuz he refuses ny*sh*ng. dazz all

1 Like

Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 19, 2013
kasheemawo: He was served rightly and this should send warning to nigeria gays that this could happen to them.how on earth would i develop feeling for someone with joystick abi where would i put my own nah? SMH like ever before
funny you! grin
Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by Danhumprey: 7:59am On Jul 19, 2013
I really still can't fathom what would attract a man to another man. Gosh! Gays are disgusting! Gay right my foot! Now that he has been killed,he can go and explain to God why he was campaigning for such disgusting practice. angry

7 Likes

Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by 5columnist: 8:03am On Jul 19, 2013

Bro most people in power in Nigeria are gay... You will be shocked. Nigeria has been controlled by these type of guys for so long and they are still there.

1 Like

Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 19, 2013
If you're gay,please move to USA,France,UK and Germany. Africa is not for you. The last thing we africans would condone is gay acts. No sane african supports this evil. Gay is bad

16 Likes

Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by StellaBella(f): 10:48am On Jul 19, 2013
Africans are not socially ready for gays/lesbians.
Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by funnyx(m): 10:53am On Jul 19, 2013
thoth:
i wonder that myself. women are more beautiful these days from what we have back in the days and i don't understand how guys can totally ignore that and go for a fellow man.

It must be a mental disorder, how can a man ever find another attractive sexually if not as a result of mental health problems.

3 Likes

Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:11am On Jul 19, 2013
Oh..RIP:

Reserved
In
Punishment.

1 Like

Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by princesammmy: 11:47am On Jul 19, 2013
that's the right thing to do to them to avart the judgment of God On the nation
Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 19, 2013
I weep for cameroon cry

but why would a man fall in love for another man na wah o
Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by Lilimax(f): 1:15pm On Jul 19, 2013
chidindufrank: If you're gay,please move to USA,France,UK and Germany. Africa is not for you. The last thing we africans would condone is gay acts. No sane african supports this evil. Gay is bad
+ Like

Gay is an alien in Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by israel007: 1:15pm On Jul 19, 2013
Eiya he died for his 'sisters'
Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 19, 2013
Sick weirdos!!! Maybe wen u get 2 hell, d Devil will lecture u on how 2 bcum CAPITAL gayz!:p

1 Like

Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by Erifenz: 1:16pm On Jul 19, 2013
Good for him
Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:18pm On Jul 19, 2013
When does the choose of two matured men to have se.xual relationship becomes people's headache?

3 Likes

Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by adepojuot: 1:21pm On Jul 19, 2013
Hummmmmmmm,good for him,may his useless soul rest in hell fire.
Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by BlackPeni5: 1:21pm On Jul 19, 2013
kaorama: He was an agent of the devil; though shouldn't have been killed that way.

Lol...So he should have been killed in another way abi?

adepojuot: Hummmmmmmm,good for him,may his useless soul rest in hell fire.

Since you're a saint, we're happy for you. I hate gays myself but I don't wish death on anyone. He could have repented you know.

3 Likes

Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by Blessmira: 1:22pm On Jul 19, 2013
Notin 2 comment about. sad
Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by supaeagles(m): 1:22pm On Jul 19, 2013
cry RIP

1 Like

Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by emmanuel4758(m): 1:22pm On Jul 19, 2013
nice one
Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by dipo1: 1:23pm On Jul 19, 2013
[quote author=FOLYKAZE]When does the choose of two matured men to have se.xual relationship becomes people's headache?

It does when it is unwelcomed in the culture and forbidden by local law

1 Like

Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by ddeola: 1:24pm On Jul 19, 2013
Gay ko, gay ni but I don't support his killers because they are not God
Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by Okijajuju1(m): 1:26pm On Jul 19, 2013
cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 1,000,000 Signatures / U.S Threatened Niger To Stop Doing Business With Russia & Iran - PM Says (Pix) / Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.