Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,450 members, 7,846,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:57 AM

Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed (18402 Views)

Taliban Shoot 14-Year-Old Pakistani Peace Campaigner / Breaking News - Colonel Gaddafi Captured And Killed (pic) / What Did Chamberlain Do? Anti-obama Campaigner Digs Himself A Hole. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by mko2005: 3:25pm On Jul 19, 2013
Afolabs101: Firstly, I condemn in its entirety the act of torturing a fellow human being to death. In Nigeria like these other countries, homosexuality (state of mind) is not illegal, but engaging in homosexual practices is. So the law is clear, people caught in the act of homosexuality are guilty of a crime and are to be prosecuted and sent to prison.

Now, armed robbers are lynched because the people say the police will release them and there is the likelihood of the robbers coming back to exact revenge, making a clear case of defence. In the case of gays, there is no danger to other members of public unless the gay in question is violent or a rapist. So there is no need to kill them in order to "protect" the society at large.

Now for those who want to quote the bible to justify treatment of gays, please remember that it is a cardinal sin to take the life of another. So you can not say because someone is gay, we have the right to kill them.

Nigeria has laws in place that make any homosexual acts illegal, so if you catch someone engaging in this crime (just like any other), have them arrested.

For those who are here rejoicing about the torture and death of this man, remember that his killers committed a sin in the form of murder. Murder is murder, there is no justification
You have spoken well bro,any one who supports the killing of anyone no matter the offence is not a Christian !

God help us

2 Likes

Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by Sunglow: 3:25pm On Jul 19, 2013
[quote
author=Pyrrho]
It doesn't matter in law, cos we ar nt all christians, we can't govern
ourselves by christian doctrines.
God has already help us by giving us the reasoning. I have a feeling u
knw dis already.[/quote].Yes God has already helped us by giving us d
reasoning like u said,God also EXPECTS you to use dat same reasoning to
know and discern dat Homosexuality is TOTAL wrong.And in case u r in
doubt,ask God wat his stance is on d issue,or u can read up d book of leventicus in d bible.
Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by Idowuogbo(f): 3:27pm On Jul 19, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

madam how far?
200km away... tongue

Ur blood dey hot today o! Warrahappun? grin
Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by mallorca(m): 3:28pm On Jul 19, 2013
chidindufrank: If you're gay,please move to USA,France,UK and Germany. Africa is not for you. The last thing we africans would condone is gay acts. No sane african supports this evil. Gay is bad
Absolutely on point
Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by Okijajuju1(m): 3:28pm On Jul 19, 2013
sultanemerald:

you sir are indeed in dire need of help.

We all do...

The gods are on our matter.. grin
Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by Kennito90(m): 3:30pm On Jul 19, 2013
He was a gay, n they gay him 2 death....nt only checking his neck,hands n legs alone, they shld equaly check his gat-dame a**. So u choose 2 be a gay, so dat all dese gals shld expired abi? 2nd 2 comment sha.
Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by ConcernMan: 3:31pm On Jul 19, 2013
kasheemawo: He was served rightly and this should send warning to nigeria gays that this could happen to them.how on earth would i develop feeling for someone with joystick abi where would i put my own nah? SMH like ever before

when he goes to hell he can continue his gay right activism there
Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 19, 2013
m.k.o2005:

You sound intelligent and calm ! Christians have no law ! We operate on grace !But the grace with the help of the holy spirit never allow us to obey laws contradicting the word of God ! Let's say i'm a pastor in a local church in Nigeria,and there is a law instructing all religious bodies (church)to allow gay couples who intend to solemnize their unions in churches do so. Do you think i will be a party to that as christian ? The bible instructed us to obey all authorities that we are subject to so long as they aren't contradicting the words of God !

God help us
It would be wrong for such laws to be imposed on any church, shrine or mosque. Or even people. Court marriage should be enough binding for gay couples.
Also, I am only talking about being gay. Gay-marriage is consequent to being gay, which is inevitable if being gay isn't a crime in the first place.
And I believe people should believe in whatever they want to.
God help us, if people can't be reasonable.
Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by NNMUU(m): 3:35pm On Jul 19, 2013
Pyrrho:
Why?

And even if it can't happen like you said. Try to prove to me how being gay is a crime.

- Have u actually ever seen 2 animals of d same sex doing it?
Forget about the stupid report these oyinbo people write about there being a tendency for it to occur. It can never happen.

- we are Africans, this issue would never have happened if not for the influence of some negative aspect of "western Culture"
Biblically it is a sin and I'm pretty sure Islam is also against it.
It may not be a "crime" but based on our African culture it is wrong and should never be practiced.
Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by ccollins(m): 3:38pm On Jul 19, 2013
We are in a liberal society and if naija truly practices the principles of democracy or even the foolish cameroon. They would not even think of killing a gay activist... Mitchew, leave them,God is their judge after all african has its own demons
Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by flexshop(m): 3:39pm On Jul 19, 2013
Okija_juju:

We all do...

The gods are on our matter.. grin

i desist from commenting on gay threads but what you said caught my attention. no animal is gay by nature. there are certain factors causing that trait in animals which include hormonal abnormalities, drugs, climate change, absense of a potential mate etc....just as some factors tend to cause cannibalism in some species.if animals are gay, the laws of natural selection would have driven such species extinct... the arguement that some animals are gay is infact baseless and beats all imaginations
Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by Okijajuju1(m): 3:39pm On Jul 19, 2013
kasheemawo: you must be a gay by advocating for their right.u are the the next target but u won't be killed but u will spend remaining days of your life in jail.

[b]Dude..

I'm a married man.. Insha Allah soon to be a father. So please drop the being gay bit. If care is not taken, I am a bigger homophobe than you sef. However, I am not blind to rational and logical reasoning. A man is born from birth looking like a Man but having female organs.. You call him a Heamaphrodite. Should we kill him? You say no.. Its not his fault. A Man is born and raised in a balanced home and society, but grows up to discover he is only attracted to men and not women sexually.. You say Jail him/kill him, but have you stopped to think about how his brain works? Lets even say he is mad. A mentally unbalanced person. So are you therefore sayin we should kill all mad persons?!

Wait!! WHAT IF IT WAS YOU WHO WAS UNFORTUNATE TO BE GAY?! Should we have killed you?!

Okay!! What exactly about gay people worries you so much that you feel the need to kill them, harm them or lock them up?! Is it that you are afriad that seeing gay people around you might entice you and turn you gay?!

If per chance your kid happens to be gay, would you kill that child?!

Go and sit and think properly..[/b]

I will rather be gay than be a serial killer, an armed robber, a kleptomaniac or a criminal.

4 Likes

Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 19, 2013
Sunglow: .Yes God has already helped us by giving us d
reasoning like u said,God also EXPECTS you to use dat same reasoning to
know and discern dat Homosexuality is TOTAL wrong.And in case u r in
doubt,ask God wat his stance is on d issue,or u can read up d book of leventicus in d bible.
Sorry, If it was easy to believe in the way u ask God, then we wouldn't have any gays.
Gay being wrong remains ur opinion. Being abnormal, I affirm. But wrong... How do I change how someone else feels about something, when it doesn't harm others?
Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by mko2005: 3:43pm On Jul 19, 2013
Pyrrho:
Sorry, If it was easy to believe in the way u ask God, then we wouldn't have any gays.
Gay being wrong remains ur opinion. Being abnormal, I affirm. But wrong... How do I change how someone else feels about something, when it doesn't harm others?
I want us to discuss ! Are you a christian ?The reason for the question is just to ensure it doesn't lead to argument.

God help us
Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by Okijajuju1(m): 3:46pm On Jul 19, 2013
flexshop:

i desist from commenting on gay threads but what you said caught my attention. no animal is gay by nature. there are certain factors causing that trait in animals which include hormonal abnormalities, drugs, climate change, absense of a potential mate etc....just as some factors tend to cause cannibalism in some species.if animals are gay, the laws of natural selection would have driven such species extinct... the arguement that some animals are gay is infact baseless and beats all imaginations

Beats all imaginations... I can agree as many times, our imaginations are very limited in its scope..

Baseless... NAY!!!! Dude use google.. Infact, check for the National Geographic documentary on gay animals..

Law of natural selection?! Erm.. How does this even apply here?! So why hasnt the law of Natural selection driven 'Gay Humans' into extinction especially as there have been records of homosexual activities for thousands of years BC?

Nna biko, dont use grammar to complicate a simple straight-forward matter..

Gay animals abound.. #FACT!! Wether you agree or not, doesnt make it less true.

2 Likes

Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 19, 2013
NNMUU:

- Have u actually ever seen 2 animals of d same sex doing it?
Forget about the stupid report these oyinbo people write about there being a tendency for it to occur. It can never happen.

- we are Africans, this issue would never have happened if not for the influence of some negative aspect of "western Culture"
Biblically it is a sin and I'm pretty sure Islam is also against it.
It may not be a "crime" but based on our African culture it is wrong and should never be practiced.

Biblically or not, its only believe by some people. If u can make everyone believe in it, then u win.
I have seen a monkey masturbating first hand...
By the way, I'm African. And I still don't find any legal grounds (which is our only option on governance since our religions is not clearly enough) to oppose being gay.
Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by 2goodbobo(m): 3:49pm On Jul 19, 2013
The wages of sin is death. He should go and continue his campaign in the great beyond.

Fine gurls wey full everywhere never do me finish, na my fellow man I go go dey waya. #tufiakwa#
Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by eban11: 3:49pm On Jul 19, 2013
Brimmie: Maybe We Shld Stone Senator Yerima Too!?? undecided
lol...
Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by mko2005: 3:53pm On Jul 19, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b]Dude..

I'm a married man.. Insha Allah soon to be a father. So please drop the being gay bit. If care is not taken, I am a bigger homophobe than you sef. However, I am not blind to rational and logical reasoning. A man is born from birth looking like a Man but having female organs.. You call him a Heamaphrodite. Should we kill him? You say no.. Its not his fault. A Man is born and raised in a balanced home and society, but grows up to discover he is only attracted to men and not women sexually.. You say Jail him/kill him, but have you stopped to think about how his brain works? Lets even say he is mad. A mentally unbalanced person. So are you therefore sayin we should kill all mad persons?!

Wait!! WHAT IF IT WAS YOU WHO WAS UNFORTUNATE TO BE GAY?! Should we have killed you?!

Okay!! What exactly about gay people worries you so much that you feel the need to kill them, harm them or lock them up?! Is it that you are afriad that seeing gay people around you might entice you and turn you gay?!

Go and sit and think properly..

I will rather be gay than be a serial killer, an armed robber, a kleptomaniac or a criminal.[/b]
May be we should legalize serial killing,armed robbery,kleptomaniacsm and 'criminality' becos we were born that way,feel that way and more people are towing this lane !
NO 'CHRISTIAN'(NOT EVEN PAGANs) SUPPORTS KILLING A MAD MAN(gays like you called them)! But legalizing gay marriage makes the judiciary look as though they are mad !
God help us
Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by flexshop(m): 3:54pm On Jul 19, 2013
Okija_juju:

Beats all imaginations... I can agree as many times, our imaginations are very limited in its scope..

Baseless... NAY!!!! Dude use google.. Infact, check for the National Geographic documentary on gay animals..

Law of natural selection?! Erm.. How does this even apply here?! So why hasnt the law of Natural selection driven 'Gay Humans' into extinction especially as there have been records of homosexual activities for thousands of years BC?

Nna biko, dont use grammar to complicate a simple straight-forward matter..

Gay animals abound.. #FACT!! Wether you agree or not, doesnt make it less true.

Oga, let me say that you are one of the posters I hold in high esteem, that said, NatGeo wild is my favourite channel, I have watched thousands of animal documentaries and I can confidently say that no animal is naturally gay. I didn't say gay animals don't exist, these are classically two different things.
I do research work and I can confidently say that there are drugs that I can administer to albino mice and it will turn a straight albino mice gay. My point is that animals are gay due to various enviromental,physiological and chemical factors. I even gave you climate change as an example of causes.
What I meant by natural selection was that over time,since animals can't adopt or have surrogate mothers, if animals were innately gay, the would have ceased to produce offsprings.
Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by Okijajuju1(m): 3:58pm On Jul 19, 2013
m.k.o2005:

May be we should legalize serial killing,armed robbery,kleptomaniacsm and 'criminality' becos we were born that way,feel that way and more people are towing this lane !
NO 'CHRISTIAN'(NOT EVEN PAGANs) SUPPORTS KILLING A MAD MAN(gays like you called them)! But legalizing gay marriage makes the judiciary look as though they are mad !
God help us

Another silly arguement..

What is a crime;

A crime, also called an offence or a criminal offence, is an act harmful not only to some individual, but also to the community or the state Such acts are forbidden and punishable by law.

Now... How does two men agreeing to be intimate with each other constitute a crime against anybody?!

2 Likes

Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 19, 2013
m.k.o2005:

I want us to discuss ! Are you a christian ?The reason for the question is just to ensure it doesn't lead to argument.

God help us
Sincerely, I wish I could be, and I used to believe I could be. Before u think I am a "backslider", being a christian is a choice... Your choice. Cos I think u are intelligent, that's why I reply ur questions. And don't tell me about "Divine revelation", cos in the end, it isn't enough to make all gays straight if it isn't personally perceived by all. Just like other abnormalities in the world.

1 Like

Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by sakurakitty(f): 4:04pm On Jul 19, 2013
m.k.o2005:

For Christians,it's a sin !

God help us

Is murder also not a sin?? O_O Those people who killed him are pathetic. If they really cared and deeply followed the bible, they wouldn't have committed murder..

And to you people bashing homosexuals, doesn't God say to love thy neighbor?? God doesn't want you to hate a fellow human being, let God be the judge and you refrain from passing judgement.

2 Likes

Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 19, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b]Dude..

Go and sit and think properly..[/b]

I will rather be gay than be a serial killer, an armed robber, a kleptomaniac or a criminal.
U are now officially my favourite nairalander. At least someone sees things clearly, and intelligently.

4 Likes

Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by Okijajuju1(m): 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2013
flexshop:

Oga, let me say that you are one of the posters I hold in high esteem, that said, NatGeo wild is my favourite channel, I have watched thousands of animal documentaries and I can confidently say that no animal is naturally gay. I didn't say gay animals don't exist, these are classically two different things.
I do research work and I can confidently say that there are drugs that I can administer to albino mice and it will turn a straight albino mice gay. My point is that animals are gay due to various enviromental,physiological and chemical factors. I even gave you climate change as an example of causes.
What I meant by natural selection was that over time,since animals can't adopt or have surrogate mothers, if animals were innately gay, the would have ceased to produce offsprings.

I see..

Here is a simple answer.. Pick any one of those reasons you stated that can make an animal gey and keep repeating it over time. So two gay dogs die off.. Another straight dog parents, somewhere else would give birth to yet another puppy that would be affected by these same conditions.

Or are you saying that Gay humans have continued to exist over time because of the presence of surrogate mothers?!

The same reasons you gave for why some animals may become gay are the exact same reasons why humans become gay..

1 Like

Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by sakurakitty(f): 4:10pm On Jul 19, 2013
leonard509: thumbzup to the killers. . .Bleep gayism. .again i'll say. .thumbzup to whoever killed the brat

You're disgusting.

2 Likes

Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 19, 2013
agitator: Africans can kill somebody because of his/her personal beliefs or taste but will cower when 1 man with little power is maltreating them.

They cant fight for collective rights.

Cowards.
Imagine 9ja where less than 10,000 people dey control about 150million people no body fit cough.

Bros was the killing done in nigeria or cameroon why acttacking nigeria now
Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by Mzspread(f): 4:11pm On Jul 19, 2013
Seriously,i stl dnt knw wat ds GAYS ar lukn 4 wen fine fine gurls lyk me wey fine lyk winsh full evrywhr%-).... Strong body gum strong body,na die b dat. *shioor *
Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by fittty(m): 4:13pm On Jul 19, 2013
AMAZING FACT!!!!

According to the American Psychiatric Association, until 1974 homosexuality was a mental illness.  Freud had alluded to homosexuality numerous times in his writings, and had concluded that paranoia and homosexuality were inseparable.  Other psychiatrists wrote copiously on the subject, and homosexuality was “treated” on a wide basis.  There was little or no suggestion within the psychiatric community that homosexuality might be conceptualized as anything other than a mental illness that needed to be treated.  And, of course, homosexuality was listed as a mental illness in DSM-II.

--------------------------------
Humans are the only beings who are stupid enough to ask or even consider being gay as a sexual option. Think about every other creature on earth, how many of them are gay? have you ever seen a gay goat, dog, cat chicken etc? The devil is very tricky and its dragging humanity to the bottom of the chain with this scourge.

1 Like

Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by mko2005: 4:14pm On Jul 19, 2013
Pyrrho:
It would be wrong for such laws to be imposed on any church, shrine or mosque. Or even people. Court marriage should be enough binding for gay couples.
Also, I am only talking about being gay. Gay-marriage is consequent to being gay, which is inevitable if being gay isn't a crime in the first place.
And I believe people should believe in whatever they want to.
God help us, if people can't be reasonable.
Please see below quote from yahoo news after the approval of same sex marriage in Britain July 17:
''Under the terms of the the Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill, religious organisations will have to "opt in" to offering weddings'' Please help me with explanation for that quote !
No one should force anyone to do what he does not want to do but there are laws in the land that you must be forced to obey!

God help us
Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by flexshop(m): 4:21pm On Jul 19, 2013
Okija_juju:

I see..

Here is a simple answer.. Pick any one of those reasons you stated that can make an animal gey and keep repeating it over time. So two gay dogs die off.. Another straight dog parents, somewhere else would give birth to yet another puppy that would be affected by these same conditions.

Or are you saying that Gay humans have continued to exist over time because of the presence of surrogate mothers?!

The same reasons you gave for why some animals may become gay are the exact same reasons why humans become gay..

So sir from they above,we agree that being gay is not natural.
On the issue of surrogate motherhood, I just used it as an example to show how human survival instincts may find a way to work around extinction. It doesn't mean that there may not be other ways. In future, recombinant DNA tech, cloning, transgender surgeries etc may even make issues like surrogate motherhood a mirage.
That said, I really don't buy the concept of forcing an entire nation to give in to the demands of a few people.majority don't want it. Even if majority is wrong,let them learn from their mistakes. Gays can always seek asylum in receptive nations. QED
Re: Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 19, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Please see below quote from yahoo news after the approval of same sex marriage in Britain July 17:
''Under the terms of the the Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill, religious organisations will have to "opt in" to offering weddings'' Please help me with explanation for that quote !
No one should force anyone to do what he does not want to do but there are laws in the land that you must be forced to obey!

God help us
I absolutely am against such a law. No one should be forced into the church or into accepting the preaching of the church, neither should the church(group of free people) be forced to join gay people. I repeat! The law court should be enough binding.
It is intrusion...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria / Man Stabs 22 Children At Chinese Elementary School / Catholic Priest Beheaded In Syria By Jihadist Fighters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.