Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,301 members, 7,819,020 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. (51910 Views)

Photos Of The PDP Senators Who Walked Out Because Of Amaechi / Senators Who Accompanied Saraki To CCT Trial Today (photos) / Names Of Senators Who Accompanied Saraki To CCT Yesterday....... [29 In All] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Gamesmart: 4:16pm On Jul 19, 2013
omobadan:
The senators who voted NO, that is those who did not want the clause deleted, include the following:

1. Sen. Abdulmumin M. Hassan (Jigawa South West, PDP)

2. Sen. Abdullahi Danladi (Jigawa North West, PDP)

3. Sen. Adamu Abdullahi (Nasarawa West, PDP)

4. Sen. Ahmed Barata (Adamawa South, PDP)

5. Sen. Akinyelure Ayo (Ondo Central, Labour Party)

6. Sen. Alkali Saidu A. (Gombe North, PDP)

7. Sen. Bagudu Abubakar A. (Kebbi Central, PDP)

8. Sen. Dahiru Umaru (Sokoto South, PDP)

9. Sen. Galaudu Isa (Kebbi North, PDP)

10. Sen. Garba Gamawa (Bauchi North, PDP)

11. Sen. Danjuma Goje Mohammed (Gombe Central, PDP)

12. Sen. Gobir Ibrahim (Sokoto East, PDP)

13. Sen. Gumba Adamu Ibrahim (Bauchi South, PDP)

14. Sen. Hadi Sirika (Katsina North, CPC)

15. Sen. Ibrahim Bukar Abba (Yobe East, ANPP)

16. Sen. Jajere Alkali (Yobe South, ANPP)

17. Sen. Jibrilla Mohammed (Adamawa North, PDP)

18. Sen. Kabiru Gaya (Kano South, ANPP)

19. Sen. Lafiagi Mohammed (Kwara North, PDP)

20. Sen. Lawan Ahmad (Yobe North, ANPP)

21. Sen. Maccido Mohammed (Sokoto North, PDP)

22. Sen. Musa Ibrahim (Niger North, CPC)

23. Sen. Ndume Mohammed Ali (Borno South, PDP)

24. Sen. Sadiq A. Yaradua (Katsina Central, CPC)

25. Sen. Saleh Mohammed (Kaduna Central, CPC)

26. Sen. Tukur Bello (Adamawa Central, PDP)

27. Sen. Ugbesia Odion (Edo Central, PDP)

28. Sen. Umar Abubakar (Taraba Central, PDP)

29. Sen. Usman Abdulaziz (Jigawa North East, PDP)

30. Sen. Ya’au Sahabi (Zamfara North, PDP)

31. Sen. Zannah Ahmed (Borno Central, PDP)

32. Sen. Ahmad Rufai Sani (Zamfara West, ANPP)

33. Sen. Ahmad Abdul Ningi (Bauchi Central, PDP)

34. Sen. Bello Hayatu Gwano (Kano North, PDP)

35. Sen. Ibrahim Abu (Katsina South, CPC)

Some senators did not register to vote, while some abstained.

After the second voting, Yerima tried to get up to thank the Senate Present and his colleagues in an attempt to claim victory, he was shouted down and booed.

Now we know the names of our paedophile lawmakers. Please lets append "Honourable Paedophile" before their names when referring to them.

7 Likes

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by sweetgala(m): 4:17pm On Jul 19, 2013
Idiots, in any other country this yerima chap would be in jail for conspiring against the nation. And disturbing national security.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by manny4life(m): 4:17pm On Jul 19, 2013
Okija_juju: Wow!!

So many Baby Fuckers in the North... shocked

Consenting Gay Adults = 14years in Prison,

Grown men fvck Minors of 13yrs and below = Federal Marriage certificate!
grin..

Nigeria... Behold your hypocrisy..

Bia nwa Okija, you have come again abi..I was about to say the same thing, but don't let them hear you o...

1 Like

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by phemieojelabi: 4:18pm On Jul 19, 2013
Agreed No 19 is part of doz dat re yet to be enlighten,
No 5 & 27 are both disappointment.

1 Like

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Babaji111(m): 4:18pm On Jul 19, 2013
It depends on how fast a girl is growing to determine whether she is "ripe" enough to take a man. If a girl is said to be under age for marriage why don't we control under age sex in our society? Do all girls below 18 are virgins? Why don't we focus on something more important than under age marriage bill? What are the Senators doing about the deplorable state of our roads, bad physical infrastructures in our schools and hospitals, unemployment, insecurity...etc? Do we need a saint to tell us that we have a hell lot of problems in our country or should we just forget about our present and future livelihood? cry

4 Likes

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by OmerianConsult: 4:18pm On Jul 19, 2013
funkybaby: bunch of paedophiles !
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by killuminati(m): 4:18pm On Jul 19, 2013
Senator Ndume Mohammed Ali of PDP = Boko Haram memebr working for GEJ. So this guy is still in the house! Na waaa oooo! Jonathan don kill us finish.

1 Like

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Lilimax(f): 4:19pm On Jul 19, 2013
Quite unfortunate!
No.5 and No.27 need help asap... sad
For the rest, not surprise at all cry

2 Likes

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 19, 2013
Xo diz ar d uneducated sykos??mtcheeeew...inkris of beggars on strit
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by teniyi(m): 4:19pm On Jul 19, 2013
What excertly is underage? You are making noise and your daughters are going to prostitution both here and abroad, yeye people!

2 Likes

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by vascey(m): 4:20pm On Jul 19, 2013
sayit_out1: I'm not supprised.

This is a sign that we didn't perticipate or vote well/wisely, we just feel it doesn't concern us.

...come 2015, lets make use of our votes wisely to choose the right thinking kind of humans,

....front page.

I am sorry but I do not share your optimism.

Who will vote these ones out? Is it the impoverished ill-educated almajiris that they have purposely dehumanised so that they will always be in power?

The solution will start with education of the poor masses in the North.

Unfortunately, I am, once again, not optimistic.
Some of these people will oppose it with their last blood. Why do you think some politician resisted, vehemently, the move to ban almajirism? Because illitracy of the nothern masses guarantees that they would remain in power.

No! these ones cannot be voted out. They can only be forced out. And their time will come.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by eio2013: 4:22pm On Jul 19, 2013
Bunch of irresponsible idiots
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 19, 2013
5. Sen. Akinyelure Ayo (Ondo Central, Labour Party)

Who is this perv of the southern Kingdom
Why must there be a Judas in the gathering of the Saints
Is his legal father from sokoto caliphate or Bauchi?

An Ayo siding with a sea of Mohammeds
Amadioha plus shango majie kwa ya olu

12 Likes

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Siga: 4:23pm On Jul 19, 2013
Baba weyrey la wo people yi mehn .... na unripe plaintain dem wan chop.... why not legitimize Boko Haram as a arm of Military ... omo ale dede

3 Likes

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by chilecharis(f): 4:23pm On Jul 19, 2013
Am sure no igbo senator will vote for such thing.I must marry an igbo man. tongue

5 Likes

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Lilimax(f): 4:24pm On Jul 19, 2013
Here are some official mariageable age in some Moslem dominated countries:

Afghanistan: 16 for females.
Azerbaijan: 17 for females.
Bangladesh: 18 for females.
Indonesia: 16 for females.
Iran: 16 for female.
Iraq: 15 female
Jordan: 15 for females.
Kazakhstan: 16 years with parental consent.[45]
Korea: 18 with parental consent.
Kuwait: 15 years for females
Kyrgyzstan: 18.
Lebanon: 17 for females.
Malaysia: Muslim girls under 16 can marry with the permission of sharia authorities.
Pakistan: 16 for females.
Palestinian territories: 16 for males and 15 for females, lunar calendar.
Mongolia : 18.
Saudi Arabia: None currently, legislation for age 18 is being considered.
Syria: 17 for females; judicial discretion for males of 15 and females of 13; judge may withhold permission for
Turkey: 18, 17 with parental consent, 16 in special circumstances with court approval.
Uzbekistan: 17 for females. 17 and 16 correspondingly in special conditions.

SOURCE:Google
Naija which way
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 19, 2013
chilecharis: Am sure no igbo senator will vote for such thing.I must marry an igbo man. tongue
undecided undecided Thanks but no Thanks
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by manny4life(m): 4:25pm On Jul 19, 2013
chilecharis: Am sure no igbo senator will vote for such thing.I must marry an igbo man. tongue

Tufia, Igbo man vote for such nonsense? The gods of our land forbid.

What's your digits? grin grin
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by moshoodn(m): 4:26pm On Jul 19, 2013
Yoshi-Master:
PREDATORS!

Serengeti Tinz!

You remind me of the safari I had on the Serengeti two years back...

By the way 'POWER TO THE NORTH' ..... sarcastically speaking.
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 19, 2013
at this my age i don't think i can lay a hand on a 13yrs girl but i wonder all these senators where are they from:::::: I see they don't know what they are doing in that senate house if its how they think,,,,,,,,,, IMMORALITY HAS taken OVER THEM.

1 Like

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:26pm On Jul 19, 2013
Warning to all Senators and Yerimaists, any one of you found around under-aged girls in Lagos and environs will receive maximum beating-you have been warned!

4 Likes

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by tpia5: 4:27pm On Jul 19, 2013
Whats all this about?
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by dayokanu(m): 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2013
[size=14pt]ACN is always ahead.

No single ACN Senator voted this.

Thanks Asiwaju Bola Tinubu for giving us ACN[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by funnyx(m): 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2013
babyosisi:

Who is this perv of the southern Kingdom
Why must there be a Judas in the gathering of the Saints
Is his legal father from sokoto caliphate or Bauchi?

An Ayo siding with a sea of Mohammeds
Amadioha plus shango majie kwa ya olu

That Ayo must be a bast4rd, I'm surprised to see a Yoruba name!

4 Likes

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by BekeeBuAgbara: 4:31pm On Jul 19, 2013
Red_Card: They are just planning on taking over the teenage girls around. Period! A 12years old girl should go into marriage if she wants and 2 male adults who loves and admire each other shouldn't get married? Nigeria is just too slow and sick-minded.
@bolded, How do you feel to type this? So if you are allowed to marry your fellow man, you will accept. Tufiaaa, aru.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 19, 2013
I already made up my mind not to send my children to live in Nigeria anyway, so whatever.

You guys, keep destroying that country, aiight. Thank you, God bless.
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 19, 2013
Please Muslim's, Does Mohammed support underage marriage? If yes then Mohammed support molestation. No offense meant ooooo. The fact is that if you are fucking an underage girl that's not yet 18 then you are a molester.

10 Likes

covert ped0philes...

1 Like

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by talk2s(m): 4:32pm On Jul 19, 2013
it's far more than any thing humourous and funny. It's rather a pity that those whose Nigerians\COnstituents entrusted their collective destinies and that of their children into their hands could stoop this low, throw caution to the wind and head berserk by stabbing morality in the heart.
When the fabrics of our society is stripped of morality, the very thing we need for the correction of our society and clime, what then is our hope?
The other day, the two chambers of the National Assembly shamelessly refused to give consent to Local Government Autonomy, the most necessary prerequisite for our grassroot development, nay, the hope of our hinterlands, creeks, rural. Areas and the lot.
IT IS A PITY!
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Handsomeemmy(m): 4:32pm On Jul 19, 2013
Ondo people, i don't know you to keep quiet in instances like this ooo, please you guys should do everything possible to bring that senator back to his father's house, same thing apply to that senator from kwara north lafiagi , you people have failed your children and generation.

I thought senetors were supposed to go back to thier constituency so as to sick for their opinion?

I cry for the type of children that sees these ones as fathers and the community that elected them.

Most of them are not in turn with civilization, i wish they own twitter account or i have their mail, i would have mobilize my friends and neigbours to write all of them and express our displeasure as Nigerians
concerning their action. This is the right time for civil leaders to mobilize people and storm the house of these senators in their individual state and protest at their babaric act of making every underage girl a pontential rape viticm.

May God help this country.
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by toprealman: 4:33pm On Jul 19, 2013
These guys should be ashamed of themselves.

1 Like

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by sobaemma(m): 4:33pm On Jul 19, 2013
if this will be our own gay marriage its ok,the underage tin is not that bad compare to gay

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Children Of Nigerian Politicians Boarding Presidential Plane / Jos Bomb Blasts: Angry Protesters Burn Churches — Police / Spot The Difference Between GEJ And PMB Service Chiefs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.